Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 (14905 Views)

7 Igbos Who Could Be President Come 2019 / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) / PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by Ngwakwe: 12:33am On May 09, 2011
One of the Rochas Okorocha's campaign promises is that he will quit as governor after one tenure to make room for Owerri zone's turn according to Imo charter of equity.

He made it clearly known that he aims to be President come 2015 after Goodluck Jonathan's tenure.

In summary, that Nigerians should judge him based on his performance as the Governor of Imo State from 2011 to 2015

We are looking forward to a better reformed governance in Imo State if he ever think that he will be President and a "Possible decamping to PDP" or whatever come 2015
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by EzeUche2(m): 12:49am On May 09, 2011
Let him perform first, before we make such statements. undecided
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by mensdept: 6:16am On May 09, 2011
Ngwakwe:

One of the Rochas Okorocha's campaign promises is that he will quit as governor after one tenure to make room for Owerri zone's turn according to I[b]mo charter of equity. [/b] He made it clearly known that he aims to be President come 2015 after Goodluck Jonathan's tenure.

In summary, that Nigerians should judge him based on his performance as the Governor of Imo State from 2011 to 2015[/b]We are looking forward to a better reformed governance in Imo State if he ever think that he will be President and [b]a "Possible decamping to PDP" or whatever come 2015

What are you saying? See how person dey craze? You really are trying to say several deceptive things here, but didnt know how to pull it off, so please, re-read the highlighted parts and re-write something more grown-up ode.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by Nobody: 6:34am On May 09, 2011
I had always known this was the plan.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by efisher(m): 6:52am On May 09, 2011
PDP needs a northern candidate for 2015. At least for a single tenure (2015 to 2019). Afterwards, a very strong candidate from the SE can be presented. PDP needs to start building up whoever they intend to present from the SE from now. The candidate has to be a top performer cos it will be a tough battle at that time if someone like Fashola is presented from the SW.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by Rhino5dm: 7:01am On May 09, 2011
He got my support cheesy. The only igbo man with the capability of  acceptability across the entire country.

Sai Rochas 2015!!!

I don't know about his self destructive ethnic group which prefer to be acting like pigs by eating their own for slight feeling of hunger without a second thought,  What shame.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by Ikengawo: 7:02am On May 09, 2011
i think Fashola will be the next president. Sambo is a VERY weak candidate, and i feel it'll be a long time still a northern candidate is president unless Sanusi decides to run, otherwise there are no real strong young personalities from there that resonate with the youth (key to winning our next few elections)

if ANC presents Fashola, he's the president. PDP has no trump card left and can only PRAY sambo doesn't decide to run.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by Rhino5dm: 7:05am On May 09, 2011
Take your rotten eggs to the dogs. We want change.
NO MORE ZONING!.

efisher:

PDP needs a northern candidate for 2015. At least for a single tenure (2015 to 2019). Afterwards, a very strong candidate from the SE can be presented. PDP needs to start building up whoever they intend to present from the SE from now. The candidate has to be a top performer cos it will be a tough battle at that time if someone like Fashola is presented from the SW.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by efisher(m): 7:05am On May 09, 2011
Sambo is too weak and he may not even get enough support from the north. If ACN presents Fashola against him, that will be a masterstroke. The only thing that may work against Fashola is tribalism and sentiments.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by Rhino5dm: 7:10am On May 09, 2011
GEJ is equally very weak, dumb and lacks the northern support. What makes you think they will turn back on their own?

Thanks to magic number from SS&SE. Useless people.

efisher:

Sambo is too weak and he may not even get enough support from the north. If ACN presents Fashola against him, that will be a masterstroke. The only thing that may work against Fashola is tribalism and sentiments.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by efisher(m): 7:31am On May 09, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Take your rotten eggs to the dogs. We want change.
NO MORE ZONING!.

No need to get worked up. Read again, I only mentioned what "PDP" needs and not what I want.

Rhino.5dm:

GEJ is equally very weak, dumb and lacks the northern support. What makes you think they will turn back on their own?

Thanks to magic number from SS&SE. Useless people.

Nigerian politics is still very much centred around tribalism and religion so I do not think they will turn their back on him. What I think is that more youths, intellectuals, the whole of the SW, and a fair portion of the rest of Nigeria will prefer Fashola. Besides, people are already getting tired of PDP. A candidate needs good home support to win any election. Fashola can get 90% of the SW for starters. How much can Sambo get back home? If ACN can dig their claws into certain Northern quarters before 2015 (by an alliance or whatever), it will be an epic battle.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by Rhino5dm: 8:10am On May 09, 2011
My opinion and yours don't count.
So if GEJ is not contesting and sambo is giving the go under PDP arm with power the of incumbancy and huge resources at his disposal to buy off SE&SS then consider him the next president. The north will always make u-turn in favour of their own. Believe me.
But i prefer Rochas, Fashola or SLS. I hate mainstream. Change is what i desire.

efisher:

No need to get worked up. Read again, I only mentioned what "PDP" needs and not what I want.

Nigerian politics is still very much centred around tribalism and religion so I do not think they will turn their back on him. What I think is that more youths, intellectuals, the whole of the SW, and a fair portion of the rest of Nigeria will prefer Fashola. Besides, people are already getting tired of PDP. A candidate needs good home support to win any election. Fashola can get 90% of the SW for starters. How much can Sambo get back home? If ACN can dig their claws into certain Northern quarters before 2015 (by an alliance or whatever), it will be an epic battle.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by Nobody: 9:09am On May 09, 2011
Where is that good for nothing Arinzee, imo has decided. grin
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by enyojo(f): 9:09am On May 09, 2011
The only way to get the Electorate confused is to field a Rochas against a Fashola. Then if you add Sanusi to the list, then na die!!
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by efisher(m): 9:33am On May 09, 2011
That will be serious confusion for the masses. But any two can pair up to form a good team.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by Gbawe: 10:12am On May 09, 2011
To be honest , it gladdens my heart to see that the good guys are winning. Even if reluctantly , we have to thank GEJ. I was sure they would do everything to rig Ohakim in . When that did not happen even the most die hard critics must admit that , as far as the elections are concerned , GEJ must be given credit for a job well done overall. Circa 2007 , it was total doom and gloom because criminal misrulers were foisted on everyone via "do or die" desperation through an election regarded as "one of the worst in world history" . Our good name , locally and Intrenationally, is somewhat restored by GEJ . One thanks him for that.

Even as I think we should focus on today's leaders , with the intention to ensure they deliver, it is still good to think that , due to GEJ's actions , it is now very possible we will get a decent President in 2015. Hopefully the like of IBB et al are gone forever even though , troubling enough, I read somewhere that Gusau is "planning" to run in 2015. As per Okorocha , anything can happen . I think 2015 may be too early for Okorocha ,as he may want two terms to really make IMO an outstanding State, but who knows ? The man may perform out of his skin and things may "fall in place" for him , all the way to Aso Rock,  as was the case for GEJ. What is most important is that , finally, we are getting more leaders who are on the side of ordinary Nigerians.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by enyojo(f): 11:07am On May 09, 2011
efisher:

That will be serious confusion for the masses. But any two can pair up to form a good team.

Who will deputize who na?
Fashola a 2 term Gov by then or Rochas a frmr pres Candidate and one-term Gov?
Maybe all things being equal (that is if both of them perform exellently btw 2011-2015), then the Vice Presidential candidates and parties will make the difference. There are romours that Rochas will soon rejoin his PDP to clinch their ticket
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by wesley80(m): 1:30pm On May 09, 2011
@Gbawe,
Having a good bite of "humble pie" I see. Coming from someone who only a week ago was so doggedly defending a mischievious and completely senseless article by SR, I cant tell u how gratifying it is to see u attempt a volte-face. But while u were at it, one wldav expected u in your "gracious" manner to admit u were completely misled by just another dumb article from SR to accuse the President of already manipulating the electoral system to favour Ohakim. Meanwhile, enjoy your pie.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by Ngwakwe: 2:58pm On May 09, 2011
Rochas was born and breed in the Northern Nigeria.

Has his business empire in the South West

But his father is from South East

In all he has help so many Nigerians and touched many lives in the north, west and east.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by md4real(m): 3:28pm On May 09, 2011
like abramovich like rochas
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by Gbawe: 4:02pm On May 09, 2011
wesley80:

@Gbawe,
Having a good bite of "humble pie" I see. Coming from someone who only a week ago was so doggedly defending a mischievious and completely senseless article by SR, I cant tell u how gratifying it is to see u attempt a volte-face. But while u were at it, one wldav expected u in your "gracious" manner to admit u were completely misled by just another dumb article from SR to accuse the President of already manipulating the electoral system to favour Ohakim. Meanwhile, enjoy your pie.

Are you okay at all? Do you think , like you , I am into childish games ? Perhaps you don't understand that some of us , as serious folks with serious lives, criticise leaders purely because we want better lives for Nigerians and generations unborn. "humble pie" ko Cranberry pie ni . Nigeria is bigger than all of us . Some of you should understand that instead of going around hating/stalking the same folks day in day out.

I have valid reasons for thinking GEJ would endorse election rigging. If I then give him credit now it is in the spirit of giving credit where it is due. It is something I suspect the likes of you may not understand since you dislike people enduringly without making allowance for reviewing their daily behaviour. Abeg , GEJ is not my pal . Far from it. In fact I still dont think he is the leader Nigeria need . Nonetheless, and unlike you, I will review that position if Mr. President does the right thing consistently. Simple as that.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by wesley80(m): 6:56pm On May 09, 2011
^^^ Yeah right. Serious folks with serious lives that want the best for Nigerians criticizing her leaders based on freshly digested horseshit from SR? Clap for yourself, O ye patriot.
I dont hate u on d contrary, I (and I also believe most peeps on this forum) find your views quite refreshing and informative, so was kinda taken aback to see u open and defend a silly thread based on an obviously mischievious article by SR. I support Gej cos I think he's done reasonably well and if my stance were to change, it wld have 2 be for some cogent reason not some dumb article from a faceless news org. You my friend wld have to know what kind of stories to swallow and those to take with a pinch of salt if u're to fulfill your mission as a respected armchair critic.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by techboy: 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2012
In the so called state of Imo address, Governor Okorocha made promises that are out of this world. He said he will, within the next three years, build a Five Star hotel in each of the three senatorial zones in the state. Yes, Five Star hotels even when there is none yet in the state (not even Concorde Hotel in Owerri in a Five Star Hotel); give scholarship of N25,000.00 per annum to every primary school pupil in the state; N40,000.00 scholarship to every secondary school student in the state; N60,000 scholarship for every OND student of the state Polytechnic; N80,000.00 scholarship per annum for every HND student and N100,000.00 scholarship for every Imo State indigene studying at the Imo state University in addition to receiving tuition free. Meanwhile, out of the over 35,000 student enrolment at the Imo State University, about 31,500 are indigenes of Imo State. Governor Okorocha also announced that he will build three new universities in the state, one in each of the three senatorial zones, before 2015. Already, about 6,000 students are currently enrolled at the State Polytechnic. Imo state has an estimated 700,000 school enrolment in primary and secondary schools. When these figures are put side by side with the Governor’s promises, the following scenario will emerge: It will cost the state N3.5 billion to offer scholarship to the University students as proposed; N416 million for Polytechnic students; and N21 billion for primary and secondary school pupils and students, each year.

This comes to a total of N24.56 billion per annum. Meanwhile, the average annual income of the state is N 34 billion. With a recurrent expenditure of 70 per cent or N 23.8 billion ,a balance of N10.2 billion will be left for capital expenditure. That is not all.

Three Five Star hotels and a 25 storey office building is estimated to cost N180 billion. As at today, projects already embarked upon by the state government amount to N1.275 trillion. If this figure is divided by 34 ( the state’s annual income figure),it means that it will take 37.5 years to complete the projects, assuming that total income accruing to the state will be put into them. You then ask: what sort of abracadabra is this? Why does Governor Okorocha believe that Imo people are this daft.

I can bet that Okorocha’s colleagues, especially in the sister Southeast states, must have been stunned by Okorocha’s claims. How will they now cope with the wrath of their people who will soon confront them on why they cannot perform the same miracle as their Imo counterpart?

Back home, the implication of the Governor’s fairy tales is that he has come to a cross road. There is also total confusion in the state. As I write, the same state university whose students have been promised heaven-knows- how scholarships is under lock and key due to non payment of salaries. Primary and secondary schools lack consumables, contractors are not being paid, road contracts already awarded without papers stand at N850 billion while those advertised for award are worth N87 billion. To crown it all, none of the things promised by the governor is captured in any budget. With this bizarre and weird economics, Governor Okorocha has suddenly brought the state to a bind.

But there is a window of escape for Owelle Ethelbert (my name sake) Anayo Rochas Okorocha. There is an opportunity for him to save himself from the mess. If I were him, I would pray that the PDP wins its appeal at the Supreme Court. He will be the biggest beneficiary of such a victory because it will save him the wrath of Imo people whom he has made to look like people without brains.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by macjive01: 5:01pm On Feb 25, 2012
^^^^ silly PDP Tout.

Imo budget for this year is at 180 billion. with capital expenditure of 73.6 % 

free education for secondary n primary school is been assisted by World bank.

READ THIS PDP BOI

Following the introductions, the Governor sat down with his principal officers and the journalists for a breakfast during which he explained his bearing. Excerpts:

What is the scope of the work going on in the state?

We have dabbled into federal government projects and that is why we are being slowed down. We are dualising the Airport road, we are dualising the Okigwe road, we are dualising Orlu road, we are dualising the Mbaise road so as to make the whole state a one city state.

For us, completion is already planned. We have a chart we are following and we have tarred most of the roads. If you go to Ekinegbo road you will see it, but we intend to have all the roads tarred before the end of September. If you go to Oguta, what they used to call water-lake, you will see that we are turning it into a Bar Beach now and we are turning it around, even the hotel has been completely renovated. It is not something I think I can take credit, I think there is hand of God in it. I think Angels are beginning to award contracts themselves. But there is the monumental project, which you are not seeing yet. In the last two weeks we awarded a contract of about N31 billion naira for the ‘Hand of God’? The ‘Hand of God’ is going to be the tallest tower in Africa, if not in Africa and Europe.

It is an issue of vision and sacrifice, and prudent utilization of resources. In the time past, the last administration had about N280 billion that came into the state. And 95 per cent or 90 per cent of that money went on recurrent. But we have reversed the trend of recurrent, that is the  secret. Now we have 27 per cent recurrent and 73 per cent capital.

How did you do it?

How we did it is that we introduced what is called “Commercialization”. Take for instance, Concord hotel for the past thirty years never yielded one naira profit for government. Concord, since its inception! When I came in, I met a debt of N450 million owed to the Lebanese company running Concord, plus the N850 million given to the man to renovate the place. So, we spent N1.2 billion in 12 years and no one naira came out and we still owed.

When I came in, I reversed the trend, I sacked the man and I started the renovation of Concord, set up a new management team and then handed it over to Ministry of Tourism. Their salary is about N12 million every month. Now, for the first time, Concord made N40 million. And now it is taking care of paying all the salary of Ministry of Tourism and that has reduced recurrent from our budget. So, every ministry has something similar to Concord allocated to them.

Eventually, we may have a state where money that come from the federal government appropriation will be used (wholly) for capital projects. While the internally generated revenue, plus the commercialization effort take care of staff welfare and everything.

We have brought business acumen today into governance and removed all the waste and closed down all the pipes of waste. Like for instance, I removed N4 billion out of my security vote back to the conference. This N4 billion would have been money unaccountable.

Insecurity has dropped by almost 70% in Imo state, I mean crime has dropped. These are some of the things making the difference. It’s just sacrifices, prudence in the utilization of resources, bending the laws of due process without breaking it.

Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by otokx(m): 5:02pm On Feb 25, 2012
It will not happen in his life time
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by techboy: 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2012
Rochas is just a very big liar, How long will he continue to deceive the people? The schools do not even have chairs and tables not to talk of ceilings in the building, yet he is busy sharing money to school kids, may heaven help Imo State
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by EkoIle1: 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2012
macjive01:

^^^^ silly PDP Tout.

READ THIS PDP BOI

Gullible ode, show me one single classroom abi one inch of road than con and 419 rubbish translates to or wey the man don build.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by chino11(m): 5:56pm On Feb 25, 2012
Ngige or Soludo all the way, he is the consensus candidate for Ndigbo come 2015. We don't want touts. cool cool
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by Dede1(m): 6:14pm On Feb 25, 2012
macjive01:

^^^^ silly PDP Tout.

READ THIS PDP BOI

Following the introductions, the Governor sat down with his principal officers and the journalists for a breakfast during which he explained his bearing. Excerpts:

What is the scope of the work going on in the state?

We have dabbled into federal government projects and that is why we are being slowed down. We are dualising the Airport road, we are dualising the Okigwe road, we are dualising Orlu road, we are dualising the Mbaise road so as to make the whole state a one city state.

For us, completion is already planned. We have a chart we are following and we have tarred most of the roads. If you go to Ekinegbo road you will see it, but we intend to have all the roads tarred before the end of September. If you go to Oguta, what they used to call water-lake, you will see that we are turning it into a Bar Beach now and we are turning it around, even the hotel has been completely renovated. It is not something I think I can take credit, I think there is hand of God in it. I think Angels are beginning to award contracts themselves. But there is the monumental project, which you are not seeing yet. In the last two weeks we awarded a contract of about N31 billion naira for the ‘Hand of God’? The ‘Hand of God’ is going to be the tallest tower in Africa, if not in Africa and Europe.

It is an issue of vision and sacrifice, and prudent utilization of resources. In the time past, the last administration had about N280 billion that came into the state. And 95 per cent or 90 per cent of that money went on recurrent. But we have reversed the trend of recurrent, that is the  secret. Now we have 27 per cent recurrent and 73 per cent capital.

How did you do it?

How we did it is that we introduced what is called “Commercialization”. Take for instance, Concord hotel for the past thirty years never yielded one naira profit for government. Concord, since its inception! When I came in, I met a debt of N450 million owed to the Lebanese company running Concord, plus the N850 million given to the man to renovate the place. So, we spent N1.2 billion in 12 years and no one naira came out and we still owed.

When I came in, I reversed the trend, I sacked the man and I started the renovation of Concord, set up a new management team and then handed it over to Ministry of Tourism. Their salary is about N12 million every month. Now, for the first time, Concord made N40 million. And now it is taking care of paying all the salary of Ministry of Tourism and that has reduced recurrent from our budget. So, every ministry has something similar to Concord allocated to them.

Eventually, we may have a state where money that come from the federal government appropriation will be used (wholly) for capital projects. While the internally generated revenue, plus the commercialization effort take care of staff welfare and everything.

We have brought business acumen today into governance and removed all the waste and closed down all the pipes of waste. Like for instance, I removed N4 billion out of my security vote back to the conference. This N4 billion would have been money unaccountable.

Insecurity has dropped by almost 70% in Imo state, I mean crime has dropped. These are some of the things making the difference. It’s just sacrifices, prudence in the utilization of resources, bending the laws of due process without breaking it.

If ministry of tourism has Concod Hotel, ministry of education will have Imo State bookstore selling books titled “Economic and Political Abracadabra” by Okorocha. This governor is funny indeed. Imo State will also commercialize the office of governor so It could accrue funds from spreading innuendos and fallacies.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by emmke(m): 9:17pm On Feb 25, 2012
i'll vote for him for sure. Easy decision in fact.
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
Okorocha has more vote. grin
Re: Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2015
ml

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Demonstration In Kakuri Part Of Kaduna Over Alleged Postponement Of Elections / Fayose Says FG Plots To Impeach Him / How APC Is Giving Saraki ‘the Jonathan Treatment’ – Timi Frank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.