Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? (662 Views)

The Bible Truth About Hell / Any Evidence That Christ Really Exists Without A Bible Backing / Is It A Sin To Burn A Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by Itsfacts: 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
They said God never changes, the same today tomorrow and for ever. we all know God is truth and God is love. So if you teach your members something today as the truth why cant you just admit it was wrong or you made a mistake and say this is the correct thing. Instead of you to say it was actually the truth till the new truth comes out and you quote a bible verse to justify your lie that it is a new light and the other truth is the old light. If something is true today it remains true for ever as long as the scriptures are involved.

So my Question is Can a truth change to a lie from the bible?
paul said you should test the spirit to know if it is coming from God. this is not coming from God in my opinion
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by outcst: 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hello itsf,

It is impossible for anything revealed by God to become false at any time. Gods words are truth and life for all times. However, I don't understand where you are heading with this....can you give us an example of these 'truths' some preach and later contradict?

I believe it might just be some misunderstanding!
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2013
Impossible . .
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by Itsfacts: 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
@outc@st
they use this to justify their mistakes
““The path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established,” states Proverbs 4:18. Yes, Jesus’ leadership is progressive, not stagnant. Another way to cooperate with Christ’s “brothers” is to have a positive attitude toward any refinements in our understanding of Scriptural truths as published by “the faithful and discreet slave.”” Watchtower 2011 May 15 p.27

they said that the 144000 people that will go to heaven was complete in 1935
"We understand that this heavenly calling continued down through the centuries, though during the so-called Dark Ages, there may have been times when the number of anointed ones were very few. With the reestablishment of true Christianity near the end of the last century, more were called and chosen. But it seems that in the mid-1930's, the full number of the 144,000 was basically completed. Thus there began to appear a group of loyal Christians with the earthly hope. Jesus termed such "other sheep," who unite in worship with the anointed as one approved flock." Watchtower 1996 Aug 15 p.31

this na the koko them put but for there memorial my friend for bennin happy say somebody take the bread and wine this year.

the question is how did they know the dark age? how they conclude with this dogma?
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by outcst: 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
^^^

Lol!!!

Now I understand your angle...

Well I can't speak for Jehovah's witnesses...I am not competent enough to do so; but what I do know is that the word of God is true for all time.
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by Itsfacts: 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
outc@st:
^^^

Lol!!!

Now I understand your angle...

Well I can't speak for Jehovah's witnesses...I am not competent enough to do so; but what I do know is that the word of God is true for all time.

so why are they having new light and old light lol. olivatwist them
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by Itsfacts: 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
more lies
When Did Jesus Appoint “the Faithful and Discreet Slave” Over His Domestics?

Consider the context of Jesus’ words in Matthew chapter 24. All the verses listed here were to be fulfilled during Christ’s presence, “the conclusion of the system of things.”—Verse 3.

“The tribulation of those days.”—Verse 29.
“This generation.”—Verse 34.
“That day and hour.”—Verse 36.
The “day your Lord is coming.”—Verse 42.
“At an hour that you do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.”—Verse 44.

Logically, then, “the faithful and discreet slave” must have appeared after Christ’s presence began in 1914.

Moreover, Jesus indicated that this “slave” would appear during a time when a legitimate question would be: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?” Jesus’ apostles had miraculous gifts of holy spirit, so there was scant reason to raise that question in the first century C.E. (1 Corinthians 14:12, 24, 25) Although they were anointed by holy spirit, the apostles and other first-century Christians were not “the faithful and discreet slave” prophesied by Jesus.

It is reasonable to conclude, then, that Jesus appointed “the faithful and discreet slave” over “his domestics” during his presence, “the conclusion of the system of things.”

“Who Really Is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?”

Jesus was referring, not to an individual, but to a composite “slave”—a group working together as one body. Jesus said that the slave (1) is appointed to a supervisory role “over [the master’s] domestics” and (2) gives the domestics spiritual “food at the proper time.”

From 1919 on, there has always been a small group of anointed Christians at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses. They have supervised our worldwide preaching work and have been directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. In recent years, that group has been closely identified with the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

The evidence points to the following conclusion: “The faithful and discreet slave” was appointed over Jesus’ domestics in 1919. That slave is the small, composite group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters during Christ’s presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as “the faithful and discreet slave.”
http://www.jw.org/en/news/events-activities/annual-meeting-report-2012
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by okeyxyz(m): 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
Truth is simply a point of view and believing a thing doesn't make it correct. The jehovah's witness POV (and almost all christian institutions) have a wrong perception of christian doctrine.

Does the OP have his own opinion of christian doctrine(which I think is mostly likely wrong...) or is he simply evaluating Jehovah's witnesses??
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by outcst: 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
okeyxyz: Truth is simply a point of view and believing a thing doesn't make it correct. The jehovah's witness POV (and almost all christian institutions) have a wrong perception of christian doctrine.

Does the OP have his own opinion of christian doctrine(which I think is mostly likely wrong...) or is he simply evaluating Jehovah's witnesses??

Let me guess: Yours is the correct one?
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by Itsfacts: 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
okeyxyz: Truth is simply a point of view and believing a thing doesn't make it correct. The jehovah's witness POV (and almost all christian institutions) have a wrong perception of christian doctrine.

the brain i am trying to make is if you teach something and it is wrong. make them just tell people shikenally or kokoly that it is wrong o. this na correct one o. instead they say it is the truth but it is old light and this is new light and ask them not to go back to the old truth.
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by okeyxyz(m): 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
outc@st:

Let me guess: Yours is the correct one?

Yes!!! cool
Most people who identify as christians simply have no idea. I respect their opinions, but it doesn't make them truth. Any "christian" who still thinks he's bound by the laws of moses (and these are most christian BTW) has no idea. They may claim that they are not under the law but ask them what is sex without marriage and they'll say it's fornication(as defined by the law of moses.). And this is the mindset of most "christians".
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by outcst: 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2013
okeyxyz:

Yes!!! cool
Most people who identify as christians simply have no idea. I respect their opinions, but it doesn't make them truth. Any "christian" who still thinks he's bound by the laws of moses (and these are most christian BTW) has no idea. They may claim that they are not under the law but ask them what is sex without marriage and they'll say it's fornication(as defined by the law of moses.). And this is the mindset of most "christians".

Wow!!! Now we have an infallible guy on nairaland...
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by Itsfacts: 6:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
okeyxyz:

Yes!!! cool
o boy u don loss me
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by okeyxyz(m): 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
Itsfacts:
the brain i am trying to make is if you teach something and it is wrong. make them just tell people shikenally or kokoly that it is wrong o. this na correct one o. instead they say it is the truth but it is old light and this is new light and ask them not to go back to the old truth.

Well, it's what they believe and it's their truth, else they wouldn't continue with it. Every man is going to be judged by what he believes in his heart.
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by okeyxyz(m): 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
Itsfacts:
o boy u don loss me

Then you have no idea what the real christianity is about. Christianity is meant to set it's believers free from observing the laws of Moses(and it's derivatives). The law of moses is simply that value system that tells you that there are bad\evil things in nature that makes you a sinner if you do or use them. Maybe certain knowledges(eg: astrology, occult,...), or food, drink, clothes, sex etc. All things that god has created is good and to be used wisely by man for his own good, therefore they cannot be sin but the law says otherwise.
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by Itsfacts: 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2013
okeyxyz:

Then you have no idea what the real christianity is about. Christianity is meant to set it's believers free from observing the laws of Moses(and it's derivatives). The law of moses is simply that value system that tells you that there are bad\evil things in nature that makes you a sinner if you do or use them. Maybe certain knowledges(eg: astrology, occult,...), or food, drink, clothes, sex etc. All things that god has created is good and to be used wisely by man for his own good, therefore they cannot be sin but the law says otherwise.

christianity is about jesus.
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by okeyxyz(m): 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
^^^ Yes christianity is about jesus but not the literal jesus you are thinking about. Rather it is about the hidden messages he preached as parables and allegories. These messages were finally revealed in the letters of Paul, who made clear that we have been set free (apparently in opposition to how jesus lived when he was alive) from the laws of moses and all it's derivatives. So if your idea of christianity is still that of the "good" man Jesus who wouldn't hurt a fly, then you (like the rest of humanity) have no idea.
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by Itsfacts: 6:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
okeyxyz: ^^^ Yes christianity is about jesus but not the literal jesus you are thinking about. Rather it is about the hidden messages he preached as parables and allegories. These messages were finally revealed in the letters of Paul, who made clear that we have been set free (apparently in opposition to how jesus lived when he was alive) from the laws of moses and all it's derivatives. So if your idea of christianity is still that of the "good" man Jesus who wouldn't hurt a fly, then you (like the rest of humanity) have no idea.

you think say na national treasure? or tomb raider? what hidden message? why will the bible hide message from us?
Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by obi4eze(m): 11:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
The Bible is true and will remain true forever. Psalm 119:89 says "Forever O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven'.
The Bible has pronounced curses on whoever misleads God's people by preaching false doctrine (Galatians 1:6-9) There are some pastors who God actually called but deviated along the line while some called themselves. Some of these pastors preach fallacies while others don't have full understanding of the Word. Every word of God is pure ...' (Proverbs 30:5). Purity and truth go together.

What do we call christianity ? We are told in the book of Acts that the believers were first called christians in Antioch and that was because the people who gave them the name saw that they lived like Christ, so anyone who lives like Christ is a Christian. In other words, Christianity involves adhering to the instructions, teachings and warnings of Jesus Christ. Christianity is just about Jesus and anything that would glorify His name.

The Bible is very plain on contemporary issues and Paul the Apostle tells us by the Inspiration of the Holy Ghost in Romans 8:14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.' The Spirit is the One who convicts and converts and directs our paths as christians. It is so unfortunate to note that many people who claim to be born-again still don't even have the Spirit of God.

Now to the issue of Jehovah's witness. By the grace of God, I always withstand them whenever they have the opportunity of discussing the Scriptures with me. In fact, they've stopped coming. They like to twist the Bible to suit themselves. The issue of the 144,000 is an eschatological (end time) event. It doesn't mean that those that will be in heaven have been counted already. Please read it (Revelation 7) very well and understand that those are the Isrealites (12,000 from each tribe) that would be sealed on their foreheads for protection against the Great Tribulation events. If the people to get to heaven are already complete, why did Paul tell us about the rapture (which hasn't even taken place yet) in I Thessalonians 4:16-20? Why are we told to 'follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see the Lord' (Hebrews 12:14)?

The most important thing is to get born-again (John 3:3) and study the word of God prayerfully so that you won't be easily deceived. Also, when seeking for interpretation on Bible mysteries, always allow the bible to speak for itself. It isn't advisable to just pick one verse and build a doctrine or teaching on it. For every verse in the Bible, there would be another verse saying a similar thing if not the same thing. That's how to read and understand the bible with the help of the Holy Spirit.

PS: The Holy Spirit will always agree with the Scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Can A Bible Truth Become Lie Tomorrow? by okeyxyz(m): 11:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
outc@st:

Wow!!! Now we have an infallible guy on nairaland...

precisely. One is not really a christian if he still thinks he's fallible by nature.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Hate Other People And Still Be A TRUE Christian? / Christians! Stop Majoring On Minors. / The Rapture: Determining Which Position Is Right!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.