Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,545 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots (14403 Views)

Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal / Emir Of Zang, Taraba Among The Dead In Hajj Stampede (Photo) / Nigerian Islamic Scholar Dies In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by deols(f): 11:22am On Jun 13, 2013
hegelian:

the mosques doesnt belong to them. if we should tow religions line, all sacred places belong to the people of the faith, and its obvious that the kingdom govt have personalized the sacredness of the place determining who will come and who shouldnt

what do you mean by personalising? can't you see the benefit cited?

the number of pilgrims from within Saudi itself is to be reduced by 50%
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by 9jaCrusade: 11:23am On Jun 13, 2013
kufre2010: Lord of mercy pls let ur mercy b surfficient for this poor country Nigeria. Soudi Arabia in the name of hajj are spinning money out of ignorant poor nations. Visa will cost N300,000 per person and Nigeria is alocated 76,000 slots. This means N300,000 multiply by 76,000= N22,800,000,000, Therefore Southi Arabia will make twenty two billion eight hundred million Naira this year from Nigeria selling visa. Then when the mosque is completed the allocation will return back to normal 95,000 slots. And it will be 95000 multiply with N300,000=N28,500,000,000(28 Billion 500 million naira is what Southi Arabia wil b making from Nigeria government. Oh God, in advance country govt. don't sponsor religious pilgrimage as religion is individual affairs. This money should b use to industrialise Nigeria 4 youth employment.

To him who has, more will be added...To him who has not, even that which he has will taken away from him...abi, how else will one explain this kind drain of resources

My person, you have done well with this analysis... even at 88k, it is a N6.6B industry. O boy, why didnt we generate a prophet in our history? we too for just dey flex by now. Anyway, I de go open Hajj travel Agency o. I must get my own cut. Period!!
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by dulaman: 11:24am On Jun 13, 2013
Ew! Ew! Ew! I made it. Just bliv,keep tryn n pray u shal succed. Fp tins
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by Venchy: 11:35am On Jun 13, 2013
Upon all this Haji Wahala, Black people are still not regarded by the saudis as normal people but Slaves and what they called in Arab language "MISKIN" means poor like a beggar.

I am a muslim but I have come to realise you don't haveto visit this place of worship where you are not wanted and be treated like beggers

UK & US ccitizens are treated differently when it comes to Haj, and this is an Holy place where all human being should be the same but again class issues kicks in.

Majority of Nigerians are stack illiterate that, they do not ask questions as to why things are different but comes back home with Silly Gold or silver teeth to indicate their slavery tour where they wre been called Alhaji and Alhaja ...means STRANGER.

As a matter of fact Nigerians minds are not clean, they are full of evil, called the name of God constantly but cheat and Kills for money,

WHAT'S THE POINT as my 3.5yr old son ask me.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by Symphony007: 11:35am On Jun 13, 2013
it is incredibly stupid that the federal republic of nigeria spends billions sponsoring muslim and christain pilgrimages while nigeria is 50 out of 54 african countries in accesible healthcare for it's citizens. It is shamefull and exastubate how tone deaf our government is. How is pilgrimages helping this nation?
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by bestower: 11:46am On Jun 13, 2013
Islam is a religion of peace, despite all the havocs caused by some miscreant groups of terrorists around the world.Hajj is one of the pillars of islam which if u re opportuned in a lifetime to grace u fulfilled and gain mercies from Allah,contrary to this,the mosque is not owned by king fahd nor the royal family its meant for the muslims around the world who will gather to worship one God "ALLAH" at that designated period.peace out.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by nickz(m): 11:51am On Jun 13, 2013
Monzuur: E get as e b jare
I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣ ̣̥ tells Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊;seems like going to jerusalem should also be made priority for christians.
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by Banjoramos(m): 11:52am On Jun 13, 2013
Ikengawo: if this is true, idk why the muslim world stands idle as the saudi family are allowed to control islam to this extent.
This is just a wealthy family that came to power through force, they're not clerics and shouldn't be seen are religious leaders. If they can't handle the influx of visitors make mecca an independent nation.
so u want to rebell against the decision abi?
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by deols(f): 11:55am On Jun 13, 2013
man, I doubt that you are a Muslim and even if you are, you are a very ignorant one, sorry to say.

what if some arabs are racists? Does it make Islam so?

are the arabs the ones to aportion your reward?

shouldnt you want to make it for Allah's sake?

Venchy: Upon all this Haji Wahala, Black people are still not regarded by the saudis as normal people but Slaves and what they called in Arab language "MISKIN" means poor like a beggar.

I am a muslim but I have come to realise you don't haveto visit this place of worship where you are not wanted and be treated like beggers

UK & US ccitizens are treated differently when it comes to Haj, and this is an Holy place where all human being should be the same but again class issues kicks in.

Majority of Nigerians are stack illiterate that, they do not ask questions as to why things are different but comes back home with Silly Gold or silver teeth to indicate their slavery tour where they wre been called Alhaji and Alhaja ...means STRANGER.

As a matter of fact Nigerians minds are not clean, they are full of evil, called the name of God constantly but cheat and Kills for money,

2 Likes

Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by bukatyne(f): 12:00pm On Jun 13, 2013
The title of this thread should be changed expect if the OP wants to cause confusion

What is the news that Saudi wants to reduce the percentage of ALL pilgrims by 20% and their citizens by 50% because they want to repair their mosque? If they didn't notify the pilgrims and the mosque couldn't accommodate them or some people died during repairs, would we not be the same people to complain that they didn't take the pilgrims into consideration?

Please let us treat issues on a case by case basis
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by tbaba1234: 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
1. So what??

2. This is done for the safety of everyone.

3. It applies to all countries.

1 Like

Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by mclaaro(f): 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
hegelian:

the mosques doesnt belong to them. if we should tow religions line, all sacred places belong to the people of the faith, and its obvious that the kingdom govt have personalized the sacredness of the place determining who will come and who shouldnt
try to comprehend post bfr u comment,am sure u rushed to comment so u can be on d first page. Yl nt go to isreal without visa becos is a christain country, dnt dey v govermnt?

1 Like

Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by Sike(m): 12:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
Allah alim - Allah knows Best.
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by planet(m): 12:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
A little bit of enlightenment to the those who I think are pleading ignorance on the matter of Hajj.

The Saudi royal family exists only to regulate hajj as custodian of the two Holy Mosque and do not in any reap material benefits from pilgrims. I agree that God is everywhere can can be worshipped in the remotest part of your house. The Hajj is not just a form of worship but a pillar of Islam, and has everything connected to Prophet Ibrahim, who is credited as the father of the monotheistic faiths. Hajj is only obligatory on a Muslim when you have the mean. This is however not removing the fact that Govt has no business sponsoring people on Hajj

And I think it is too simplitic to compare Hajj to Makkah and Madina with Jerusalem, Mumbai etc. The Hajj rites began over 14 centuries. The early Muslims from this land went on Hajj on foot, and it used to take years for centuries before a country called Nigeria. These people did not require visa then and there was no government involvement and not politicised.

So there is no basis for comparison.

1 Like

Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by Venchy: 12:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
deols:
man, I doubt that you are a Muslim and even if you are, you are a very ignorant one, sorry to say.

what if some arabs are racists? Does it make Islam so?

are the arabs the ones to aportion your reward?

shouldnt you be just after making it for Allah's sake?

Hey hey slow down woman, I guess the stone I threw hits you in the wrong place.

In your own opinion as a typical Nigerian I'm not a Muslim clearly you are the genuine Muslim.

God Almighty said he's closer to us than the Vain in our neck, the corner of my house is as good as any Temple, so Mrs Nigeria, I strongly believe you have to but in my own Opinion which I have every right to, I will say once and for the last time I disagree because going to saudi as many as some Nigerians do go but their heart is not clean I totally DISAGREE.

Mind you, I live abroad and I'm well expose and you can't impose or convince with the attitude of the Arabs are satisfying likewise the way Nigerian politicians runs thing but you have to accept S**t from them.

Can I suggest to you not to insulting when you are in a forum where people have freedom of expression.

Bless.
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by hegelian: 12:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
mclaaro: try to comprehend post bfr u comment,am sure u rushed to comment so u can be on d first page. Yl nt go to isreal without visa becos is a christain country, dnt dey v govermnt?

why cant you calm down so as not not to bite yourself.open your eyes and understand, islam as a religion is for everyone and everything that belongs to the prophet belong to his Umma, so for the saudi govt to be vetoing everyone is not inorder
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by hegelian: 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2013
deols:

what do you mean by personalising? can't you see the benefit cited? Is re

the number of pilgrims from within Saudi itself is to be reduced by 50%
is not about the benefit alone but all the issues surrounding it. before undergoing something like this, all stakeholder must be notified (in this case the stakeholders are muslims) and not a unilateral decision. saudi govt personalised what belongs to the prophet as if its theirs alone. hell there are even some places you cant enter (for example the kabbah) unless you are strongly connected. saudi govt are hypocrite and using the religion to veto everyone into submission
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
Venchy: Upon all this Haji Wahala, Black people are still not regarded by the saudis as normal people but Slaves and what they called in Arab language "MISKIN" means poor like a beggar.

there..so because Jesus was born in Nazareth means everyone there r saint...U a Mugu...Saudians r humans just like u and I..if u misbehave,they mess u up..and not all of them look down on blacks just d same way not all whites look down on black./.u a pagan and hypocrite,def not a Muslim
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by Venchy: 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
sanniemoe:

Guy,sharrrrap there..so because Jesus was born in Nazareth means everyone there r saint...U a Mugu...Saudians r humans just like u and I..if u misbehave,they mess u up..and not all of them look down on blacks just d same way not all whites look down on black./.u a bloody pagan and hypocrite,def not a Muslim

Looooooooooooooooooool.

I can see why Boko destroy thing because people don't open their mind but fix to whatever they are been told...."B.I.G" BIG BLIND COUNTRY.

I am out of here, I'll leave it to all the Alhajis and the Alhajas.
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by hegelian: 12:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
Venchy:

In your own opinion as a typical Nigerian I'm not a Muslim clearly you are the genuine Muslim.

God Almighty said he's closer to us than the Vain in our neck, the corner of my house is as good as any Temple, so Mrs Nigeria, I strongly believe you have to but in my own Opinion which I have every right to, I will say once and for the last time I disagree because going to saudi as many as some Nigerians do go but their heart is not clean I totally DISAGREE.

Mind you, I live abroad and I'm well expose and you can't impose or convince with the attitude of the Arabs are satisfying likewise the way Nigerian politicians runs thing but you have to accept S**t from them.

Can I suggest to you not to insulting when you are in a forum where people have freedom of expression.

Bless.
bros nothing is bad in doing pilgrimage if one so desire it, which is why is not a compulsory pillar but with caluse (if ye av the means). Means here doesnt really mean money (eventhough this is the interpretation given to it by many scholars). means can vary from money, piety, emotional balance, reflection and so many more.people can go for pilgrimage for different reasons and yet they will still be right (so far its plain cos nothing plain can av opposite). Hajj is nothing but a reflection of the magnificence of creation and the mind to wanna be clean and righteous (mind you i cant really consider myself a muslim)
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by deols(f): 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
Venchy:

Bless.

First, I didnt insult you.

I didnt expect a Muslim to sound the way you do and if a Muslim does sound like you, he is an ignorant one as you have shown(note, I am not claiming to be a scholar but even with my primary level of knowledge, I could tell that your posts reek of ignorance.)

Islam stands on five pillars just like you stand on two legs. If one of your legs is suddenly cut off, you will fall and may even bleed to death. The same applies to one of the pillars of Islam, Hajj. without it, if you can afford to pay for it, your Islam is incomplete.

Nothing, not even a racist behaviour should make you speak ill of it.

Now talking of you praying anywhere, you better stop praying anywhere. As a Man, praying inside a mosque is best for you. Praying in jama'a with other men in the mosque closest to you as well as juamuh on Fridays is compulsory!!
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by hegelian: 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2013
Venchy:

Looooooooooooooooooool.

I can see why Boko destroy thing because people don't open their mind but fix to whatever they are been told...."B.I.G" BIG BLIND COUNTRY.

I am out of here, I'll leave it to all the Alhajis and the Alhajas.

you are guilty of what you are accusing someone esle for. its obvious you dont know the real meaning of what you typed (Alhajis and Alhajas) and the reason why that name is used. yes it means stranger (but arent we all strangers in this material world?). reflect brother with an open mind and u will see the beauty of what religions are trying to teach
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by sakaguchi(m): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
So they look down on blacks in Saudi Arabia? See me see wahala oo! I always look down on these Arabs working in dirt at Setraco and Arab contractors. I look down on them everyday, Down I mean, it is surprising if you say they look down on us, Govt should sponsor by transport so that I will go there and help you all look down on them.
No! I change my mind, as a Rastafarian, I need government sponsorship to bankroll my pilgrimage to Jamaica during summer.
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by deols(f): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2013
hegelian:

why cant you calm down so as not not to bite yourself.open your eyes and understand, islam as a religion is for everyone and everything that belongs to the prophet belong to his Umma, so for the saudi govt to be vetoing everyone is not inorder

so how do you want the vetoing to happen?

Did you know that there have been specific people as custodians since the time.of the holy prophet?
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
Wendyslim: . Its not all about enriching a particular family, it's all about sacrifice one make to worship his GOD and prayer is best answered in congregation.
and if this is a sacrifice,why won't they pay for it themselves?why use tax payers' money?mtchew.I hope that info is false.I really do hope.umm,MOD's by the way what's up with this 'to avoid being banned bla bla bla'.and why don't you guyz put it up when issues concerning christainity is raised.who wants to insult islam? Personally I'm not interested in insulting anyone's religion.they are doing a good job of insulting themselves by 'their' selves.#rolls eye#
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by deols(f): 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
modified
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by deols(f): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
hegelian:
is not about the benefit alone but all the issues surrounding it. before undergoing something like this, all stakeholder must be notified (in this case the stakeholders are muslims) and not a unilateral decision. saudi govt personalised what belongs to the prophet as if its theirs alone. hell there are even some places you cant enter (for example the kabbah) unless you are strongly connected. saudi govt are hypocrite and using the religion to veto everyone into submission

who are the stakeholders? what makes you sure some stakeholders are not involved.

Not everyone is allowed to enter the kaabah during hajj only because of the large population.At other times, people do enter it.

In fact the black stone used to be open to all before pple started to attach different forms of shirk and it had to be enclosed.

The washing of the kaaba and its redecoration was done a few days ago. There were delegations from all over the world with Nigeria ably represented.

If you heard that anyone around you went for umrah in the past week, it is probably for that reason.

I tire for young Muslims who sit down and are all about criticising people who do SOMETHING.

except that you have verses of the qur'an or specific hadith quotations against what the Saudi government just did, I advise you keep mute on this matter.
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by deols(f): 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
sakaguchi: So they look down on blacks in Saudi Arabia? See me see wahala oo! I always look down on these Arabs working in dirt at Setraco and Arab contractors. I look down on them everyday, Down I mean, it is surprising if you say they look down on us, Govt should sponsor by transport so that I will go there and help you all look down on them.
No! I change my mind, as a Rastafarian, I need government sponsorship to bankroll my pilgrimage to Jamaica during summer.

because someone said it, it becomes your fact? smh.

I am Mr.s Ajimobi. Do you believe that?
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by hegelian: 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
deols:

so how do you want the vetoing to happen?

Did you know that there have been specific people as custodians since the time.of the holy prophet?

during the time of the prophet as i have read,nowhere is sacred is anyone to enter and decisions are taken with all stakeholders on consultation. today saudi govt sees islam as theirs and all things belonging to the prophet as their alone and thereby vetoing who can come and who cant come (if not why is it that only the beneficial few can enter the kabbah and see firsthand prophet personal artifac?)

one things is a fact saudi govt is a hypocrite (am not saying saudi people) they even veto thos that are not of their sect.

well i cant say am a muslim so what do i know smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Translating 'Allah' As 'God' / The Land Of Karbala In The Words Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) / Justice: Insulting Prophet Muhammad Can Lead You In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.