Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,390 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots (14401 Views)

Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal / Emir Of Zang, Taraba Among The Dead In Hajj Stampede (Photo) / Nigerian Islamic Scholar Dies In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by tbaba1234: 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
^Deols, thanks for educating these guys..
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by deols(f): 1:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
hegelian:

during the time of the prophet as i have read,nowhere is sacred is anyone to enter and decisions are taken with all stakeholders on consultation. today saudi govt sees islam as theirs and all things belonging to the prophet as their alone and thereby vetoing who can come and who cant come (if not why is it that only the beneficial few can enter the kabbah and see firsthand prophet personal artifac?)

one things is a fact saudi govt is a hypocrite (am not saying saudi people) they even veto thos that are not of their sect.

well i cant say am a muslim so what do i know smiley

it is better u stop talking about something you know nothing of.

1 Like

Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by tbaba1234: 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2013
hegelian:

during the time of the prophet as i have read,nowhere is sacred is anyone to enter and decisions are taken with all stakeholders on consultation. today saudi govt sees islam as theirs and all things belonging to the prophet as their alone and thereby vetoing who can come and who cant come (if not why is it that only the beneficial few can enter the kabbah and see firsthand prophet personal artifac?)

one things is a fact saudi govt is a hypocrite (am not saying saudi people) they even veto thos that are not of their sect.

well i cant say am a muslim so what do i know smiley

The facilities have a capacity, from a safety perspective, Do you think it is wise to make it free for all??

The quota serves a purpose.ffects.

Plus, you have no clue what you are talking about

The kaaba is an empty room. There are museums if you want to see personal e
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by deols(f): 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

The facilities have a capacity, from a safety perspective, Do you think it is wise to make it free for all??

The quota serves a purpose.ffects.

Plus, you have no clue what you are talking about

The kaaba is an empty room. There are museums if you want to see personal e

and there is no point taking pictures in it. grin
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by deols(f): 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234: ^Deols, thanks for educating these guys..

Thanks wink
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by mjconcept(m): 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
In my own opinion,I think pilgrimages should be funded by individuals not government.
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by WaliyinAllah(m): 2:33pm On Jun 13, 2013
kufre2010: Lord of mercy pls let ur mercy b surfficient for this poor country Nigeria. Soudi Arabia in the name of hajj are spinning money out of ignorant poor nations. Visa will cost N300,000 per person and Nigeria is alocated 76,000 slots. This means N300,000 multiply by 76,000= N22,800,000,000, Therefore Southi Arabia will make twenty two billion eight hundred million Naira this year from Nigeria selling visa. Then when the mosque is completed the allocation will return back to normal 95,000 slots. And it will be 95000 multiply with N300,000=N28,500,000,000(28 Billion 500 million naira is what Southi Arabia wil b making from Nigeria government. Oh God, in advance country govt. don't sponsor religious pilgrimage as religion is individual affairs. This money should b use to industrialise Nigeria 4 youth employment.
Nigerians first athesist.

1 Like

Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by olumyde(m): 3:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
Sometimes i smell something about promoting Arabs in islam. You go to hajj in saudi arabia, Quran is best in arabic, so all muslims should learn arabic. For worship, muslims dresses like arab. ETC. I mean no offence. On d other hand, i think govt should stop sponsoring both muslim and christian pilgrimage.

1 Like

Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by deols(f): 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2013
mjconcept: In my own opinion,I think pilgrimages should be funded by individuals not government.

individuals go on pilgrimage without government funding.

But the government sponsors others. it is at the level of the others that problems arise.
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by Burger01(m): 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2013
Nigerian government should stop sponsoring any form of pilgrimage to holy lands! Be it christian or Muslim, such spiritual adventures is personal and should remain personal...

sad
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by chinaman666(m): 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
Maybe the Saudis reduced the slots to adjust for all the BH members who are killed and who will be killed by that time.
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by ParisLove1: 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
I hope they won't deport the women like they did last year for daring to travel alone with no male company in 21st century. All the billions spent by the govt would be a total waste.

Sponsoring pilgrimages is a waste itself. Maybe they should sponsor space missions.
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by kazola30: 6:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
Some people cant just shut deir dirty-stinky mouth. Dey always like to feel recognise. Hajj is the last pillar of islam which every muslim who has the means and good health must observe atleast once in deir lifetime. The money Saudi are charging comprises of medical test, accomodation, internal transport, feeding fee, e.t.c. For the mathematician in the house, who told u it's Nigeria govt dat is paying all the money? Get ur fact right before u comment.

1 Like

Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by Beetle: 6:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
I knew they wouldn't finish the the project before Hajj this year. The Masjid is being extended and its a massive project. My two pence to those that say Arabs are racist, I'm sorry but I never experienced that during my Umrah. The question I asked myself whilst over there was, is Nigeria not an oil producing country? Is it not the same oil that we produce but alas Nigeria is so full of corruption. It cost about 20-30 Riya to fill a tank of a minibus. I'm dead tired so can't convert to naira but I was like UK are ripping us off in crazy taxes we pay.

@ all making silly comments, is it it compulsory you make a comment? If you don't have any good thing to say then keep quiet.

Besides I travelled from UK and I didn't pay a dime for my Visa. It was FREE. Like Deols, said the Visa payment that Naijas pay is actually for housing etc.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by deols(f): 10:33pm On Jun 13, 2013
Beetle: I knew they wouldn't finish the the project before Hajj this year. The Masjid is being extended and its a massive project. My two pence to those that say Arabs are racist, I'm sorry but I never experienced that during my Umrah. The question I asked myself whilst over there was, is Nigeria not an oil producing country? Is it not the same oil that we produce but alas Nigeria is so full of corruption. It cost about 20-30 Riya to fill a tank of a minibus. I'm dead tired so can't convert to naira but I was like UK are ripping us off in crazy taxes we pay.

@ all making silly comments, is it it compulsory you make a comment? If you don't have any good thing to say then keep quiet.

Besides I travelled from UK and I didn't pay a dime for my Visa. It was FREE. Like Deols, said the Visa payment that Naijas pay is actually for housing etc.

thank you o jare
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by khattab02: 11:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
oloriooko: this headline is misleading, as if Nigeria was isolated for punishment.
thank u my brother! Headline very deceiving just to attract attention.media! Media!hmmmm, na waoooo!
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by khattab02: 11:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
olumyde: Sometimes i smell something about promoting Arabs in islam. You go to hajj in saudi arabia, Quran is best in arabic, so all muslims should learn arabic. For worship, muslims dresses like arab. ETC. I mean no offence. On d other hand, i think govt should stop sponsoring both muslim and christian pilgrimage.
point of correction! muslims donot dress like arabs,they dress as commanded by Almighty God.
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by khattab02: 11:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
chinaman666: Maybe the Saudis reduced the slots to adjust for all the BH members who are killed and who will be killed by that time.
dont speak blindly, read the full news and u will know why!
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by chinaman666(m): 11:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
khattab02: dont speak blindly, read the full news and u will know why!

It was a joke, of course.
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by sakaguchi(m): 2:16am On Jun 14, 2013
Beetle:
I'm sorry but I never experienced that during my Umrah. The question I asked myself whilst over there was, is Nigeria not an oil producing country? Is it not the same oil that we produce but alas Nigeria is so full of corruption.
Hey Mr, Saudi is not better than Nigeria because they don't have corruption or because they are more hard-working than Nigerians, they seemingly seem to have all this opulence because naïve people like you spend valuable money (even if it is their last) there whenever they go on that unnecessary summer break called hajj. They pump they Saudi economy with much needed currency and come back to their poor country crying that government is not doing anything. The worst is that when they travel to that their summer break, they receive tons of racial slur from lowly arabs of all people! And to top it up, they come back with some terrorist inclination
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by darea18: 7:20am On Jun 14, 2013
juman: Best practice is that all level of governments should not sponsor anybody to hajj. nigeria is a poor country.

Anybody that want to go for hajj should pay by himself.
Ω̴̩̩̩̥a yur money dem use?
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by darea18: 7:26am On Jun 14, 2013
Otseh: @sakaguchi, muslims don't go on hajj because they think God is in Saudi. there are five pillars in Islam, hajj is one of them. Hajj is a commandment from God Almighty.it is compulsory on all muslims to perform hajj atleast once in a life time if one has the means.
exactly. Don't know why some ignorance morons comment on what thet no notinq about. We are Muslims, we know what's right for US. ISLAM ΐ̲̣̣̣̥s not a political thinq. Its a will from ALLAH
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by darea18: 7:27am On Jun 14, 2013
sakaguchi:
Hey Mr, Saudi is not better than Nigeria because they don't have corruption or because they are more hard-working than Nigerians, they seemingly seem to have all this opulence because naïve people like you spend valuable money (even if it is their last) there whenever they go on that unnecessary summer break called hajj. They pump they Saudi economy with much needed currency and come back to their poor country crying that government is not doing anything. The worst is that when they travel to that their summer break, they receive tons of racial slur from lowly arabs of all people! And to top it up, they come back with some terrorist inclination
see mumu of the highest Order.

1 Like

Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by darea18: 7:30am On Jun 14, 2013
Beetle: I knew they wouldn't finish the the project before Hajj this year. The Masjid is being extended and its a massive project. My two pence to those that say Arabs are racist, I'm sorry but I never experienced that during my Umrah. The question I asked myself whilst over there was, is Nigeria not an oil producing country? Is it not the same oil that we produce but alas Nigeria is so full of corruption. It cost about 20-30 Riya to fill a tank of a minibus. I'm dead tired so can't convert to naira but I was like UK are ripping us off in crazy taxes we pay.

thanks Brother. Well said
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by jpphilips(m): 8:34am On Jun 14, 2013
deols: man, I doubt that you are a Muslim and even if you are, you are a very ignorant one, sorry to say.

what if some arabs are racists? Does it make Islam so?

are the arabs the ones to aportion your reward?

shouldnt you want to make it for Allah's sake?

Hope the daggers are not drawn yet, he is one of you, pls show mercy, lol
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by saintkash(m): 8:52am On Jun 14, 2013
Ikengawo: if this is true, idk why the muslim world stands idle as the saudi family are allowed to control islam to this extent.
This is just a wealthy family that came to power through force, they're not clerics and shouldn't be seen are religious leaders. If they can't handle the influx of visitors make mecca an independent nation.

it's not a must that u must comment on a post, the said news has no connection with u as u'r not a muslim, leave it for the muslims to comment ok instead of saying things u have no knowledge abt. Tnx
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by nic121: 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
Don't they have the middle eastern virus situation?
Re: Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots by Beetle: 7:32pm On Jun 14, 2013
ASA, in between I'm not a brother o. I'm a SISTER!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Translating 'Allah' As 'God' / The Land Of Karbala In The Words Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) / Justice: Insulting Prophet Muhammad Can Lead You In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.