Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,034 members, 7,866,909 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 - Sports (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 (104460 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by dapachez: 10:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
Spain (8 barca players,2 madrid players) vs Nigeria (1 chelsea player, Enyeama n 9 moving objects) cry

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 10:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
Lordave: dat guy doesn't deserve to put on our jersey again. Even Musa was more classical.

On Friday, I said Ideye is the first useless id!ot I've ever seen. Someone said still he's a top scorer in France and Ukraine.... Na so I got short of words. That means most players in France and Ukraine have leg injuries.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Adrenaline123(m): 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
Mr evildoer: IDEYE carstrated fowl may God thunda strike ur ballz.
you are not there.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
Osaze misconduct no reach a fraction of Baloteli's. Yet italian FA dey manage am for him to score. NFA should manage keshi to manage osaze for us. This ideye is a joke

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Soso990240(m): 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
Emmadani: Damn...Mikel is a fvcking star in d makin.Y has he not won afrhcan best playa.Mourinho i wil neva 4giv u.
morinho knew dat man.u will turn mikel to a super star,he went and used money to bribe mikel agent.i want mikel to go to galatasary,,he will realy win back his 10 position

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
Ideye is not a bad player, tbh.

The guy just takes too many touches, with his head down - and you can't do that at this level.

I like Ideye - his movement is good, and his awareness is also good. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by collynzo2(m): 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
samilo88:
You get mind o.. Watching a nig match on a gaynian station.. Useless country with a mentality as dark as their skin.. As if they would have done better ordinary Burkina Faso dey beat them with 10 men..
Hahaha even Bance turn to Messi for them. Bance!!! Hahaha
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by redsun(m): 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
Lordave: I'm just short of words. Can't describe my feelings.

It is just a game.The most tactical and determined wins.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by kolamilan(m): 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
tahiti conceded 24 goals, highest ever in the history of this tournament.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 23, 2013
We play well sha.
Mayb this just wasn't ouR time

*its not our fault its not our time
*Gods time is the best time..

Super braaipacks try.. Nau
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Obiagu1(m): 10:42pm On Jun 23, 2013
We were destined to fail at this Confederations Cup. We lost our top 2 forwards: Emenike and Moses and our second best midfielder: Onazi before the tournament. We had no replacements for them because Nigeria does not have many good players at the moment.
During the tournament proper, we lost our only promising forward: Oduamadi and our best defender: Omeruo. If we had lost Mikel and keeper Enyama, then we'll be equivalent to a 112 ranked best team in world.
All these happened when the rest of teams in the tournament had their FULL squad with no one missing or injured.

I think we played great despite all these troubles. We dominated Uruguay and didn't look out of place against Spain.
Statistics wise, we finished the group stage as the greatest passers in the tournament ahead of Spain: Total passes completed: Nigeria 1508, Spain 1304.

Kudos to Keshi and I hope Ideye is dropped from the team.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by omonnakoda: 10:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
Good game by Nigeria against the best team in the world. Disappointing result but well deserved.Great experience for young players and lots of positives from the game.In order to do well in the long run we need to sort out our pre tournament organization and start churning out good strikers again.Ideye Brown has been disappointing but he did his best ;he is no Drogba. Unfortunately we did not get the chance to see what Oduamadi can do against the best.I don't know why we are no longer producing the likes of Yekini,Amunike,Finidi,Adepoju and Ikpeba.
Shame that we could not use Osaze but we must move on. I expect this team to improve but we must be patient with Keshi and hope the NFF do not frustrate him

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by oddy4real(m): 10:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
Breaking News: APC Orders President Jonathan to resign on account of the Super Eagle's 3:0 loss to Spain
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
shymexx: Ideye is not a bad player, tbh.

The guy just takes too many touches, with his head down - and you can't do that at this level.

I like Ideye - his movement is good, and his awareness is also good. grin
na GOD go punish YOU angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by SailorXY: 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
ngnetbiz:
i dont care what happens tonight, the bad eggs in the team will
make me put the overall blame on all the players,we gon do it like
this,fccuk keshi with his big gorrilla head,fccuk musa, fccuk ideye
and keshi's guy he brought in to gamble,fccuk all the team,and if
you wanna be down with this whack weak eagles team, fccuk
you too.

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
shymexx:

I like Ajagun and Aminu from our under-20.

Perhaps, the coach needs to invite them to the SE.
Exactly. We need to look within the country and find real gems. Not just the Nigerian Premier League.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by lindaomoruyi: 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
i have read all d comments.am sorry 4 nigeria football.most of us watch n praise our team sentimentally when we know we dont have a team.all d talk of no moses,emenike ,osazee n martins,dat is y we cant score are all lame excuses.lets tell ourselves d honest truth.even if they were there,d worst will have been a draw.have watched nigeria's 4 matches both SE N U-20,is a pity.what we call football is what we watch every saturday in d so called best league in d world(EPL),kick n run football,no tactics.we need 90mins players dat are technical n skillful nt d people we are parading as players.lets copy spain n germany,lets encourage young boys nt old men dat are claiming 2 b young like mba,obaobona,ideye,musa n d rest 2 numerous 2 mention.if nt we will continue 2 praise half baked players when we know honestly they are nt good.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Jovanna(f): 10:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
Ideye a.k.a adie, really fuked up biq time 2nite, mikel tired though, anyway make dem pack dem load dey cum huze, e don do no place like hum
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Diasporan(m): 10:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
murimoney: na GOD go punish YOU angry
grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by redsun(m): 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2013
omonnakoda: Good game by Nigeria against the best team in the world. Disappointing result but well deserved.Great experience for young players and lots of positives from the game.In order to do well in the long run we need to sort out our pre tournament organization and start churning out good strikers again.Ideye Brown has been disappointing but he did his best ;he is no Drogba. Unfortunately we did not get the chance to see what Oduamadi can do against the best.I don't know why we are no longer producing the likes of Yekini,Amunike,Finidi,Adepoju and Ikpeba.
Shame that we could not use Osaze but we must move on. I expect this team to improve but we must be patient with Keshi and hope the NFF do not frustrate him

Adepoju,the guy that scored the goal that thrashed spain in 98 world cup?

World class players.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by emblexxx(m): 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2013
Match analysis, Nig vs Spain: Spain (8 barca
players,2 madrid players) vs Nigeria (1
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by HarmondPhD(m): 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2013
guys I believe that this guys a hand shake,they really played wella but I think the problem we have is from our country.Nigeria is too corrupt.thanks to our leaders for making us land in shames
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2013
If I was Keshi I would use bottle and shave of that ideye's mohawk; It's seriously obstructing air entering his cerebellum.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by dontap: 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2013
who should b responscible 4 d tot0 disgraceful performers of d supper fried eagles.i fink gej shud b head responscible 4 not setting a committe to adres d tecknica committee of d nigeria eatable supper eagles!
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2013
lucenzo: If I was Keshi I would use bottle and shave of that ideye's mohawk; It's seriously obstructing air entering his cerebellum.
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by kolamilan(m): 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2013
oddy4real: Breaking News: APC Orders President Jonathan to resign on account of the Super Eagle's 3:0 loss to Spain
pls no bring politics here oo.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Zonacom(m): 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
shymexx:

Defo. but he needs to leave the core(Mikel, Omereuo, Moses, Emenike, Onazi, and prob. Obabona) of this team untouched.

you left out echiejile and ambrose
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 23, 2013
Ideye is not a clinical finisher but he can be part of the squad but not in first 11

we need to drop babatunde, gambo, akpala, ujah. I dont see their contribution to the team.

Moses, Emenike, Musa, Osaze, Kalu Uche, Ideye, these guys should lead us to the next world cup.

John Ogu, Onazi, Mba, Mikel, Ogude to form nucleus of midfield invites

Omeruo, Oboabona, Ambrose, Echiejile, Yobo, should be the main invites in the defence.

To be honest I love the way this team play from the back, we play great and with confidence and this test against spain the best in the world is very handy. It gives us a true sense of how we can fair in world cup.

Lets get back to work and qualify for world cup!
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
chess guru: After watching mikel in dis tournament, I have come to the conclusion that mikel should leave chelsea, and go to a club that will let him express himself and play his natural role.
#coming from a chelsea fan since 2004

Liked ! True talk. Chelsea has stifled his attacking abilities though it's not entirely gone as his goal showed.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by AbuMikey(m): 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
Harmond(Ph.D):
guys I believe that this guys a hand shake,they really played wella but I think the problem we have is from our country.Nigeria is too corrupt.thanks to our leaders for making us land in shames
Explain bolded sir!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by psucc(m): 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
When I mentioned last in this forum that Nigeria is no match for Spain and Uruguay will beat Tahiti, some1 tried changing my pet name here but am sure with his eyes he had seen what I meant. We need overhauling and at least int'l competition needs professional hands to prosecute. Hope Keshi must have learnt yet another lesson
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by TechyGuy: 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
sambos994: Alright...

Well guys, our strikers sucks. I mean...what choice would you have? Moses, Emenike, Uche, and recently Oduamadi is out. And Onazi is injured. So losing to Spain 3-0 without five important players is impressive, including the fact we played well (spain 55% nigeria 45% possesion). However, what is wrong with Ideye? Did someone put concrete in his boots? He's been missing glorious chances. Gambo missed an awesome opportunity. Musa was a constant threat to Spain with his pace and I must say his delivery is improving. Mba played pretty good. Mikel was a monster, splitting Spain's defence in half with his killer passes. Ambrose has some skill and Echiejile is good going up foward. But the defence was a bit dull, they should be tight on the Spaniards. I don't know why people are calling for Enyeama's head, because he was instrumental to Nigeria's defence. Overall, Nigerian played good, but lack of attacking and one minute loss of concentration in defence was Nigeria's undoing. The first and third goal should have never happened(and have you noticed the diving?) Naija tried. If our original strike force comes back and Keshi can polish the defence a little bit, we can be world beaters.

Kgdavid: going throught the commetns it is clear that Nigerians are completely clueless about football. at least most of you on this site. completely uteerly clueless bunch. that team out there went out and played great football despite being without several of its best payers. this is spain we are talking about not england or sweden...spain, the best eam in the world by a country mile. our boys have proven themselves in this game as beign extremely capable even if they are not yet completely ready. have you all forgotten so soon just hjow far this team has come? from the shcking boring dull displays under amodu and his successors to this kind of football were for a large period we matched spain at possession 51:49? imagine wat would have happened if all our injured players were available in this game? Moses, Emenike, Onazi,? what if Odemwingie was recalled? we would have created more and certainly made better use of the ones we had today. i said it way back at the nations cup that our defence was not yet good but they have improved vastly and will continue to improve. Ahmed Musa has always been my least favorite player but he is improving. Echiejile is improving, Mikel is regaining his old imperious unstoppable world class quality. Keshi has shown what he can do with a bunch of lower quality players, now imagine what he would do with all the big guns around? the football this team has played has been far better than anything i have seen Nigeria play for the past ten years!!! let anyone give me a match within that period where the boys have played better. prior to this tournament or even during the nations cup? we were on an 18 game winning streak. that is amazing especially in international football. Keshi has got the boys playing the right football and i for one i'm happy with this team. bunch of ingrates dont you know it takes take to mold a good team into a great one? talkless of the sack of rubbish that Nigeria was when keshi took over. we are making fantastic progress!

Now some folks who have head. We have too many kids here on NL. Keshi has done well. I look forward to when we have our injured players and when Keshi is able to manage the so called "feel fly" talents and have a full squad of our best talents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (93) (Reply)

Libya Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 2 - 3 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Tunisia Vs Nigeria: AFCON Third Place (0 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.