Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (118904 Views)

Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
CyyRil: 6 to 1 vs Tahiti? Keshi: "I expect them to even do more when they play Uruguay".
But Uruguay is not Tahiti! More than 6-1 against them... Who can believe that?

http://en.starafrica.com/football/coach-keshi-assures-eagles-will-do-better-against-uruguay.html

he means more as in the team will play together knowing that that's the only way to beat uruguay. Tahiti was just a warm up game.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by buchito1(m): 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2013
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait for dat match!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lord knows we are gonna murder dem!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by bunku(m): 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2013
The team need focus in order to achieve success
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by nnasino(m): 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
La celeste
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2013
I do have to say that Tahiti played well. Even though I am Nigerian, i believe that these are the kind of fans we need. Whether we win or lose we gotta support the team. Granted, Tahiti didn't have a chance to win the game and may be considered "minnows" but they were still cheering their team.

Especially against big teams, we need to have fans (in the stadium and even on forums) that will cheer so loud that Spain and Uruguay will feel like they are playing an away game against us.

That will definitely give us and our players a psychological advantage over our opponents
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
Funny comment I read on ESPN website by a commenter

I hate teams that blow out weaker opponents. There should be a rule when a team reaches 5 goals, its game over

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by mamagee3(f): 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
I hope Nigeria wins but we all know it's not very likely especially against a South American team

But a draw is more likely
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 4:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
Suarez you will be meeting the Super
Eagles. I agree with you that your next
opponents, including the Super Eagles,
will be different. The difference is that
the Super Eagles did not concede
superiority to Spain before this
tournament; you did. And, there is no
reason why they should concede given
the records between the two teams at
this level of football.
Another difference is that this is an
African team with an entirely different
brand of football. This brand of football
overwhelmed a star studded Spanish
team in 1998. Nigeria killed off Brazil and
Argentina (your neighbors) en route to
Olympic glory in 1996 with this brand of
football. Your team probably did not
qualify for this Olympic showpiece. Just
recently, Mexico, another team like yours,
scampered to a stalemated game against
Nigeria while under the influence of this
brand of football.
It is foolish of yours to dismiss African
football with the sleight of a hand as you
did. I pray the Super Eagles rises to the
occasion and shame you prejudiced South
American. We already know your
impression of Black people at the English
Premiership. So, we are not surprised by
your bigoted analysis of African football.
We also know that you are still under the
influence of colonialism. That's why you
practically worship Spain; and that's also
the reason you are currently at war with
anything British including its Prime
Minister. It is also the reason you are in a
haste to run from Liverpool to Real
Madrid in Spain not withstanding all the
love they gave you at Liverpool.
But, we will see on Thursday. It's only a
matter of time. I want to know which
players in your team are bigger than the
players of Ivory Coast on a one-on-one
comparison. This Super Eagles demolished
Ivory Coast for your information and
lifted the 2013 African Cup of Nations. It
is the reason they are in this tournament.
Thanks.
Yours Heckler-in-Chief
futbal africado

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by onitshaigbo(m): 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
Where's TB Joshua when we need him?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
mama-gee:
I hope Nigeria wins but we all know it's not very likely especially against a South American team

But a draw is more likely

chile (abi na chili aka pepper) beat uruguay 2-0 with the same starting 11 that uruguay used against spain. you dont believe me? here you go
--------------
http://us.soccerway.com/matches/2013/03/27/south-america/wc-qualifying-south-america/chile/uruguay/1172935/
--------------
so they are surely beatable. Suarez can only make use of the ball when it's at his feet. So, we gotta mark him tightly. As for Cavani, he might be the next "ahmed musa" of his team grin grin grin grin he missed too many chances
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by spenca: 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2013
zuggy: The super eagles so far have been really unimpresive in there matches and I will strongly advice keshi to stop ecperimenting and start inviting quality players, witg this current crop of players at this tournament, Nigeria will be roundly trashed. What we saw againsht Taithi is nothing to be compared with what we should expect from other opponents. The supet eagles bench lacks quality players and you will agree with me that every quality coach wins the maych from the bench. Why invite homebased players when you know you wont feature them. As far as I am concerned apart from mikel, enyeama, omeruo, efe, godfery then maybe musa and oduamadi all others have reason to be in brazil. Keshis should be warmed to keep sentiments aside and start bringing in quality players. A wotf is enough for the wise.
We have heard this before please rap something else *drops mic*
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by spenca: 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
Allohrandy: Super Eagles doesn't have a good and experience striker so I think Uruguay will win Nigeria.
Strikers dont win a game buh a team ....go ask holland bou it
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by bingbagbo(m): 5:36pm On Jun 18, 2013
IF YOU BELIEVE NIGERIA WILL DISGRACE AFRICA AS USUAL, LIKE THIS POST cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 5:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
bin gbagbo: IF YOU BELIEVE NIGERIA WILL DISGRACE AFRICA AS USUAL, LIKE THIS POST cool
LIKE THIS POST IF YOU BELIEVE THIS BRAINLESS HE-GOAT NEED TO VISIT PSYCHIATRY HOSPITAL FOR MENTAL REHABILITATION.

27 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 18, 2013
i see ABSOULTELY no reason to be afraid of uruguay. i'm not speaking patriotically, I'm being realistic. Their defence is very average. I am not pulling this fact out of my a**. I have just went on footytube(dot)com to watch the highlight video's of uruguay's last 5 games excluding the most recent spain one.

please look up their highlights vs venezuela and chile. Venezuela got LITERALLY cross after cross after cross and just couldn't score. Then uruguay got one chance and got the lucky goal.

Again with the 2-0 loss against chile, FOR BOTH GOALS instead of the defender clearing the ball, he wanted to pass in the box, then the chile attacker just had a tap-in then scored. The uruguay keeper is not very good at all..we need to take as many shots as possible

i was worried before, but now I really see a 2-1 or 3-1 win for Nigeria provided we finish the many chances we will get.
please and please if you don't believe me, go and watch for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by julioralph(m): 8:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
Its simple Logic...
Suarez, Cavani and co are v.fast forwards.
While Ambrose etc are quite slow...
I hope we win but a draw wouldnt be a bad result.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by finebadtboy(m): 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
julioralph: Its simple Logic...
o boy football is not logic grin tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by collynzo2(m): 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
Poor logic, what about our fast forwards and their slow defenders?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by collynzo2(m): 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 19, 2013
obi4eze: The Tahiti vs Nigeria match comes first on the 17th. I expected to see the thread for that one first since this one comes up later.
broz,4rm which planet u run komot 4rm...?Whr is d chain o,can sumbody pls call 911.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Odunharry(m): 12:23am On Jun 19, 2013
cheesy 9ja i dy hail o
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 19, 2013
godwingreat: wow, we won
ha,oga abeg kum cari me go dat planet wey u dey watch ur own match o, so dat i go dey win betting easily o abeg.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Lordave: 12:33am On Jun 19, 2013
my dc!k is on this one. If Nigeria fails to win I'll offer it to Suarez to bite and devour.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by supaeagles(m): 12:34am On Jun 19, 2013
Our super eagle players - no put too much pomade on your arms, else Suarez the cannibal may think it's buttered meat and ..... shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by PedroJP(m): 12:36am On Jun 19, 2013
brownlord:

you won mak i give you upper cut abi

Pls give am, add jara on top.

But how person go take dey awake watch match from 11pm to 1am ? Make i go buy kola drink am with coffee, drop bucket of water beside to fight dat thing
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 19, 2013
dazzy4real: we don't ve players that can finish up a gud one on one ball.. Buh I still blive we will put up a quality game against strong team..guess we prefer goin in2 game as underdogs
i dnt knw wat happun to ahmed musa o,weda he don dey drink alomo.Musa score lots of 1 on 1 last season 4 his club,n he was d russian lig top goal scorer.Watin hapun 2 musa naaaaa?
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 19, 2013
dazzy4real: we don't ve players that can finish up a gud one on one ball.. Buh I still blive we will put up a quality game against strong team..guess we prefer goin in2 game as underdogs
i dnt knw wat happun to ahmed musa o,weda he don dey drink alomo.Musa scored lots of 1 on 1 last season 4 his club,n he was d russian lig top/highest goal scorer.Watin kum hapun 2 musa naaaaa?
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by PedroJP(m): 12:39am On Jun 19, 2013
My Suarez don receive too much here ooo. And na my player oo but God make him and dem no score us, AMEN. LFC NWA
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Lordave: 12:40am On Jun 19, 2013
bboiabb: i see ABSOULTELY no reason to be afraid of uruguay. i'm not speaking patriotically, I'm being realistic. Their defence is very average. I am not pulling this fact out of my a**. I have just went on footytube(dot)com to watch the highlight video's of uruguay's last 5 games excluding the most recent spain one.

please look up their highlights vs venezuela and chile. Venezuela got LITERALLY cross after cross after cross and just couldn't score. Then uruguay got one chance and got the lucky goal.

Again with the 2-0 loss against chile, FOR BOTH GOALS instead of the defender clearing the ball, he wanted to pass in the box, then the chile attacker just had a tap-in then scored. The uruguay keeper is not very good at all..we need to take as many shots as possible

i was worried before, but now I really see a 2-1 or 3-1 win for Nigeria provided we finish the many chances we will get.
please and please if you don't believe me, go and watch for yourself.
anybody who doesn't believe you will bow in shame for super eagles before the end of that match.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by PedroJP(m): 12:46am On Jun 19, 2013
bin gbagbo: IF YOU BELIEVE NIGERIA WILL DISGRACE AFRICA AS USUAL, LIKE THIS POST cool

Where dis one from ? Na ogogoro dey work on u ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by lastpage: 1:46am On Jun 19, 2013
onitshaigbo: Where's TB Joshua when we need him?

Dont worry, he will "prophesy" after watching the match on Satellite Channel.. to people wey no get electricity/Generator for dem house! grin grin grin

Fine, wayo man, that TB Josh! shocked grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by gloatkenf(m): 5:03am On Jun 19, 2013
Damn, I love this forum die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply)

Man United Gets Willian From Chelsea / Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) / Cristiano Ronaldo Undergoing Medicals At Juventus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.