Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,304 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

MKO Abiola’s Last Interview - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola’s Last Interview (19537 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / MKO Abiola: How He Died - Dr Ore Falomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by profola2be(m): 5:27am On Jun 13, 2013
Billyonaire: MKO was not perfect. He was not a saviour~ Fela knew him better and sang some hymns about this man. Today, we call him martyr cos we did not know the man. He was the reason Nigeria is where it is today. IBB might be an evil genius, but Nigeria is better today, than it would have been if she was pocketed by the political billionaire called MKO. Who sponsored many coupe detat and sinked millions of copies of bibles in the Atlantic Ocean just to stall Christianism.

MKO was a very good and a very bad man. He was not to be~
What a Shallow thinker!
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by profola2be(m): 5:30am On Jun 13, 2013
Mkpotu: Someone that committed a Treasonable Felony should not be allowed to walk the streets, hence the punishhment meted out to him by the then Govt of Fed Rep of Nigeria.

How can he declare himself the President, after the Head of State has annulled the election. The option available to him would have been to approach the court to determine the validity or otherwise of the annullment and all that.

Anyway, just remembered Asiwaju Tinubu is gradually toeing the same line of MKO, we will all be there when they start crying like a child that the mother denied from drinking Golden mourn conflakes.

A word is enough for a wise.

Your Username speaks all about YOU!
No more No less!
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Moralistli(m): 5:35am On Jun 13, 2013
History of demo-cracy in Nigeria is never complete without the name of MKO Abiola....That honors his existence and sacrifice.

A detailed 'book' should be written on how the entire drama of shame unfolded.

God bless Nigeria!

Rip as usual- MKO Abiola
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 13, 2013
I dont have respect for anybody Fela called thief or criminal. ITT international thief thief.
June 12 annulment happened as a result of power struggle between criminals along political axis

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by premlove(m): 6:16am On Jun 13, 2013
supaeagles: is this thread so insignificant that it's on FP at around 12 midnight on june 12.... talk about missing the boat grin
u must be a witch
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by supaeagles(m): 6:32am On Jun 13, 2013
prem love: u must be a witch
I love winches especially the ones that fly on brooms- i think it's very sexy because when they are flying right above you and .... shocked
dats what i'm talking about
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by lagcity(m): 6:35am On Jun 13, 2013
adenitemi: I have an audio recording of that conversation. It still beats my understanding why Abiola was that cheerful!

Don't you know that before someone can become Aare Ona Kakanfo, you have to be Okunrin Meje (Seven Men In One)?
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 13, 2013
Imagine his pride in that interview. A criminal speaking as if he was to be the messiah of Nigeria. Thank God he never smelt that seat else Nigeria would have been sold to the CIA which he was a spy for undecided

4 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by NeuroBoss(m): 6:44am On Jun 13, 2013
DJoePrince: MKO: I am not in any way disturbed by
it. ANY sacrifice is in order. If it will
bring democracy, peace and posterity to
Nigeria.*

Prosperity, Democracy, Peace ,PDP?- the man saw d future n he paid the ultimate price, sadly , we've only got democracy, while d other two are still shaky.
God bless Nigeria
what if you followed the order it was written-DPP? Have you forgotten they are a political party too?
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by fubbyy(m): 6:59am On Jun 13, 2013
Esosa01: u sound like a 16 yo boy.... smh
he might be 16, don't you know that nairaland is full of teenagers

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Controversy: 7:07am On Jun 13, 2013
fubbyy: he might be 16, don't you know that nairaland is full of teenagers
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by lagcity(m): 7:09am On Jun 13, 2013
Kai, I remember June 12 riots. I went to buy puff puff, I came back with tear gas in my koro koro eyes. I was just 7!

This world is wicked oo. Now that I think about it, I can faintly remember some of my adult neighbors sitting around the TV and sending me to go buy puff puff in the thick of riots. haba, small pikin fa! Sango will punish all of them for doing that to a kid angry angry.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by parki: 7:14am On Jun 13, 2013
Democracy or no democracy, Abiola was a criminal, period!

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Archmed(m): 7:17am On Jun 13, 2013
profola2be:
Archmed,you are really offending me!
A Nigerian who is not 30 years old or above now,there's no amount of lecture u want to give him about June 12 Post Election struggle that will sink into his/her thinking Faculty!
Most of those who do not see any significance in June 12 didn't witness it or they were rather infants-toddlers then!
No wonder someone(a Nigerian) will ask you,"who's MKO Abiola?
So,please,stop trying to make people see the political implications of June 12 in our present Political setting!
Irrepective of how hard u try to Ring the Bell,a deaf can never hear it's sound!
...u're right sir.Its just so painful when toddlers come to expose their ignorance on dis forum(thanks to 200 naira data plan) about a man they never knew!

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by fubbyy(m): 7:19am On Jun 13, 2013
mikeoh: MKO got. wht he deserves.....nothin special about him soo far cos he sponsord soo many coup in Nigeria
...truncatd d governmnt of shahu shagari,brought buhari to power,also sponsord IBB...he thought.the.militry were his friends dat was y he was confident.wen he was arrestd..
for me he was responsible for the long military rule in Nigeria.Buhari,IBB,Abacha are all his products...he conieved with Abacha to overthrown the interim government of shoniko

I was 5 years old in 1993 so I didn't know much and all I have red about the incident keep confusing me cause I red different things and my dad told me different thing also

It seems like you are knowledgeable about this abiola history, please answer this question

According to the history it was ibb that was in power then when abiola won the election, and he(ibb) was the same person that got abiola arrested,abiola was in prison when ibb handed his office to shenikon and abiola was also in prison when abacha took over, so how did abiola whom was in prison plotted against shenikon for abacha to take over according to what you said

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by mshd5: 7:24am On Jun 13, 2013
Idi Amin: Imagine his pride in that interview. A criminal speaking as if he was to be the messiah of Nigeria. Thank God he never smelt that seat else Nigeria would have been sold to the CIA which he was a spy for undecided
Sentiment at its peak, why hating gud man in d name f tribalism. Even if u av nt given birth 2 during d period ur father is a beneficial 2 his wealth.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by youthmustwork: 7:28am On Jun 13, 2013
adenitemi: I have an audio recording of that conversation. It still beats my understanding why Abiola was that cheerful!
wow.fablous
Cn u send it to my email: drhenrysaint@yahoo.com or my whatsapp: 08038761571
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by InvertedHammer: 7:41am On Jun 13, 2013

He was cheerful because he forgot that one's best friends are his/her worst enemies. He was counting on his "friends"--IBB, Abacha and others.

Abiola's life cannot be treated as a buffet line where one can pick and choose. It did not start nor end with June 12. To understand the man Abiola, a comprehensive appraisal of his life (business and personal) while on earth is mandatory. His history in totality is non-flattering.

In politics, there are no permanent friendship but permanent interests. Bola Ige, Abiola, Harry Marshall, etc are dead witnesses to this principle.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Jomark(m): 7:42am On Jun 13, 2013
Moralistli: History of demo-cracy in Nigeria is never complete without the name of MKO Abiola....That honors his existence and sacrifice.

A detailed 'book' should be written on how the entire drama of shame unfolded.

God bless Nigeria!

Rip as usual- MKO Abiola
is your ink freezed? Write the book nah. Before I do and you guys will criticize. You know you guys like criticizing masterpiece. It's high time you wrote your own for your own!
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Darammliveth(m): 7:43am On Jun 13, 2013
How we could had a leader like nelson mandela in our country!! How good it would be
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by InvertedHammer: 7:45am On Jun 13, 2013
Jomark: is your ink freezed? Write the book nah. Before I do and you guys will criticize. You know you guys like criticizing masterpiece. It's high time you wrote your own for your own!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Jomark(m): 7:50am On Jun 13, 2013
mshd5:
Sentiment at its peak, why hating gud man in d name f tribalism. Even if u av nt given birth 2 during d period ur father is a beneficial 2 his wealth.
beneficiary ke! We only benefited from his religious bigotism--capsizing boats loaded with bible. Ask google who sponsored IBB and Abacha emergence and his name will surfice. Didnt you listen to his son's speech yesterday? He exonerated IBB of all his bad names in d man's death. That one na money handle am sha...you guys should think twice and stop selling your brothers. It has even gotten to the extent of selling fathers...BAD OMEN!

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Ayoobscom(m): 7:54am On Jun 13, 2013
The truth is Democracy is not to better lives and forestall unity, in its true consequence it is a knife on the throat of peace and unity of mankind---It is one of those scams like religion of tithing to one man pocket.

I hate democracy-it defiles values,it corrupts minds,it breeds arrogance,cultivates desperation,propagate lying and en-burdened humanity with woes beyond their hearts can handle....

Many mind is contoured to believing is a choice making mechanism but TELL ME?...how many of your votes had counted?..and when it does it is simply annulled...there's absolutely no where votes count in the world

RIP ABIOLA..sometimes for God forgive a man he needs to die miserably like this

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by maj007(m): 7:57am On Jun 13, 2013
Billyonaire: MKO was not perfect. He was not a saviour~ Fela knew him better and sang some hymns about this man. Today, we call him martyr cos we did not know the man. He was the reason Nigeria is where it is today. IBB might be an evil genius, but Nigeria is better today, than it would have been if she was pocketed by the political billionaire called MKO. Who sponsored many coupe detat and sinked millions of copies of bibles in the Atlantic Ocean just to stall Christianism.

MKO was a very good and a very bad man. He was not to be~

Guy! Seriouly, are u for real!!!!! Sank millions of bibles in Atlatic Ocean and YET DONATED MILLIONS IN CHURCH CONSTRUCTION AND OTHER XTIANITY RELATED ACTIVITIES.

Of the two above, the former was falsehood peddled around by haters and political oponents to malign the matyr's name while the latter was a known and confirmed fact by those of us who witnessed the man's era of philantrophy.

Agreed, he was not a perfect man for he had his shortcomings. But, we all are. "HE WITHOUT SIN, CAST THE FIRST STONE".

@billyonaire, pls quickly resign from the association of rumor mongers and falsehood peddler.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by brownlord: 8:04am On Jun 13, 2013
profola2be:
Archmed,you are really offending me!
A Nigerian who is not 30 years old or above now,there's no amount of lecture u want to give him about June 12 Post Election struggle that will sink into his/her thinking Faculty!
Most of those who do not see any significance in June 12 didn't witness it or they were rather infants-toddlers then!
No wonder someone(a Nigerian) will ask you,"who's MKO Abiola?
So,please,stop trying to make people see the political implications of June 12 in our present Political setting!
Irrepective of how hard u try to Ring the Bell,a deaf can never hear it's sound!

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Allikola(m): 8:21am On Jun 13, 2013
Suratul ikhlas. R.I.P

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose To Use Seized Cattle For Stomach Infrastructure / Wike Honours Osinbajo With A State Banquet (Photos) / Bandits Invade Katsina DPO’s Home, Kill Mother, Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.