Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

MKO Abiola’s Last Interview - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola’s Last Interview (19550 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / MKO Abiola: How He Died - Dr Ore Falomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Mkpotu(m): 8:23am On Jun 13, 2013
Please this thread should be closed. Let's stop dignifying a man that joined the other military mafians (IBB, Abacha, Buhari etc) to put us in the condition we are today. He sponsored several coups and as usual Hausa-Fulani promised him presidency after they have destroyed Nigeria, yet God used his best friends to deal with him.

Today some narrow minded people are calling him messiah, matyr & all that. But How?
It beats my imagination how people turn to saints within a twinkle of an eye in Nigeria. Today Abiola is saint, Tinubu is saint, Amaechi is saint, El Rufai too & a host of others. Let's stop deceiving ourselves, Abiola was overcorrupt, criminal, greedy, selfish, despotic, high-handed, wicked, evil, bigot & I guess nemesis caught over on him thus he reaped the fruit of his labour. I rest my case!

4 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 13, 2013
mshd5:
Sentiment at its peak, why hating gud man in d name f tribalism. Even if u av nt given birth 2 during d period ur father is a beneficial 2 his wealth.
This is why people like you are and will continue to be myopic. undecided
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by mmbs: 8:29am On Jun 13, 2013
Seriously I didn't read, just opend n comment
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 13, 2013
lagcity: Kai, I remember June 12 riots. I went to buy puff puff, I came back with tear gas in my koro koro eyes. I was just 7!

This world is wicked oo. Now that I think about it, I can faintly remember some of my adult neighbors sitting around the TV and sending me to go buy puff puff in the thick of riots. haba, small pikin fa! Sango will punish all of them for doing that to a kid angry angry.
Sorry Bros I feel ur pain.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 13, 2013
Bigcake: MORAL LESSON ; no two Mandelas can be in one continent. Nigeria is not south Africa.
Itumo? Nunsense.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 13, 2013
Billyonaire: MKO was not perfect. He was not a saviour~ Fela knew him better and sang some hymns about this man. Today, we call him martyr cos we did not know the man. He was the reason Nigeria is where it is today. IBB might be an evil genius, but Nigeria is better today, than it would have been if she was pocketed by the political billionaire called MKO. Who sponsored many coupe detat and sinked millions of copies of bibles in the Atlantic Ocean just to stall Christianism.

MKO was a very good and a very bad man. He was not to be~
Oponu, where is your evidence? Since wey I don know you, your talk no dey plumb at all.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by rallymento(m): 8:49am On Jun 13, 2013
Who remembers this song, ' e mana Babangida soro gbaa oso Abiola, Abacha soro gbaa oso Abiola, Ndi army nile soro gbaa oso Abiola, Ndi igbo nile soro gbaa oso Abiola, oooooo!
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by ddeola: 8:49am On Jun 13, 2013
Bigcake: MORAL LESSON ; no two Mandelas can be in one continent. Nigeria is not south Africa.

I think you need to read the interview again, he did not say he was Mandela neither was he comparing himself with Mandela, he only mentioned those names of people in Africa who have been imprisoned and still came out alive.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by alfablondy: 8:54am On Jun 13, 2013
Hmm! Nigerians, rumour and falsehood.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by alfablondy: 9:01am On Jun 13, 2013
mikeoh: MKO got. wht he deserves.....nothin special about him soo far cos he sponsord soo many coup in Nigeria
...truncatd d governmnt of shahu shagari,brought buhari to power,also sponsord IBB...he thought.the.militry were his friends dat was y he was confident.wen he was arrestd..
for me he was responsible for the long military rule in Nigeria.Buhari,IBB,Abacha are all his products...he conieved with Abacha to overthrown the interim government of shoniko

fubbyy: I was 5 years old in 1993 so I didn't know much and all I have red about the incident keep confusing me cause I red different things and my dad told me different thing also

It seems like you are knowledgeable about this abiola history, please answer this question

According to the history it was ibb that was in power then when abiola won the election, and he(ibb) was the same person that got abiola arrested,abiola was in prison when ibb handed his office to shenikon and abiola was also in prison when abacha took over, so how did abiola whom was in prison plotted against shenikon for abacha to take over according to what you said

@ mikeoh pls answer the question
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Orblonde: 9:12am On Jun 13, 2013
Pita99: He was great man...thank u MKO Abiola !!! we appreciate what u did for this Country...This world needs more people like u

He was very very very far from a great man. Go and check the truth. He was one of the main persons that put Nigeria in a mess for the last 50 years
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by victorazy(m): 9:18am On Jun 13, 2013
GBAM!! True tal.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by jaymichael(m): 9:27am On Jun 13, 2013
nijanigga:
Because of cowards like you.
exactly!.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by victorazy(m): 9:31am On Jun 13, 2013
Pita99: He was great man...thank u MKO Abiola !!! we appreciate what u did for this Country...This world needs more people like u

Borda plz keep sentiments apart and go and do research about Abiola u will regret making this comment and vow dat Nigeria should not have him again.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by topsyking: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2013
M.K.O the most popular and richest man in africa then after mandela....

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 13, 2013
Abiola was arrested
after he declared himself the lawful
president of Nigeria. This order came
from military President General Sani
Abacha, who sent 200 police vehicles to
bring him into custody.
Moshood Abiola was detained for four
years, he died under suspicious
circumstances on the day that he was due
to be released, on July 7, 1998.
IBB and Abiola wher friends but thy soon.fell out during the election time frame for some reasons knwn to IBB,ibb was forced to step asside for an interime govervnmnt to take over...shoniko was at that tim preparin d ground for a new election date to be fixed befor Abacha came in nd hijack power with gun....the insider workin was.mko cos he left d country after the anulmnt nd leta return back...wen he found out that a year has passd june 12 to june 20 nd Abacha was not ready to give up power nd was not sayin anytin on dat he declard him self presidnt nd went hidin but was leta arestd june 23
.Abacha gave hm uption to denounce his claim but he refuse..even wen the delegation frm the US visitd wit same option he refusd mind u Abacha never.wntd him dead
it was d delegatiob frm us dat kild him
if dis is helpful click lik

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Melancholy(m): 10:00am On Jun 13, 2013
Mkpotu: Someone that committed a Treasonable Felony should not be allowed to walk the streets, hence the punishhment meted out to him by the then Govt of Fed Rep of Nigeria.

How can he declare himself the President, after the Head of State has annulled the election. The option available to him would have been to approach the court to determine the validity or otherwise of the annullment and all that.

Anyway, just remembered Asiwaju Tinubu is gradually toeing the same line of MKO, we will all be there when they start crying like a child that the mother denied from drinking Golden mourn conflakes.

A word is enough for a wise.

Ogbeni go and sit down.MKO go to court against the military men?are they(military) not the one that will dictate for the presiding juror?
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by fubbyy(m): 10:26am On Jun 13, 2013
I've asked question here and no1 answered , maybe none of you know the answer, I have another question which is

The june 12 riot, was it because of the election annulment or because of his arrest? The article I red yesterday about the riot, his doctor said people started the riot when abiola died, but abiola died in 98 and the riot was in 93

Infact this whole story is confusing, its high time we forget about this whole drama

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by bigboy3: 11:36am On Jun 13, 2013
adenitemi: I have an audio recording of that conversation. It still beats my understanding why Abiola was that cheerful!

BBC And you are happy to go to the police and await whatever charges they are going to file against you?
MKO: I am not in any way disturbed by it. Any sacrifice is in order. If it will bring democracy, peace and posterity to Nigeria...
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Policewoman(f): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
RIP
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
This is not ABIOLA last interview, I can remember then in July 1998,when abiola was interviewed on the way of his release, I can recollect that, I saw his interview on MITV then.... We then heard his death 3 days after

My question is, why US killed Abiola?

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by guvna(m): 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2013

COWARD!!!
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by wazobiaN9(m): 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
I have come across 2 different comments by Bigcake within the last 10mins.

MORAL LESSON: Bigcake is a destructive cynical irritant.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Jamisco: 2:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
Vancouverplus:

You sure a Mad man. Stupid BLACK fool sad

THE EDITOR NOTE SAYS ABIOLA HAS NEVER SEEN IN PUBLIC AGAIN, AND NOW U ARE CALLING SOMEONE STUPID, YOU ARE THE ONE STUPID BLACK FOOL WHERE IS HE NOW, THE THREE MILLION COPIES OF BIBLE HE SUNK INTO THE SEA HUNTED HIM AND WE HAVE HUNDREDS OF MILLION COPIES OF BIBLE IN NIGERIA NOW.

HE THAT FIGHT WITH THE PEOPLE OF GOD WILL FIND HIMSELF FIGHT WITH THE LORD AND DESTRUCTION WILL COME UPON THAT PERSON, GOD PAID HIM WHAT HE DESERVED.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by chiteny(m): 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
adenitemi: I have an audio recording of that conversation. It still beats my understanding why Abiola was that cheerful!

Can you put up the recording here. I would like to listen to it.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Symdy(m): 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
Nemesis caught up wit him. The evil he did lived wit him, killed him n buried wit him. The law of kamma did not spear him. HE was d architet of his misfortunes.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by bootlegaz: 6:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
Its june 13 already, enough of this stale news.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by uchman101: 8:47pm On Jun 13, 2013
Let the truth be told Abiola was Never destine to Rule this country,he was too into the military,he participated in the overtrow of the shagari regime and subsequent other coups..*nd worst stil.the Muslim Muslim ticket.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
fubbyy: I've asked question here and no1 answered , maybe none of you know the answer, I have another question which is

The june 12 riot, was it because of the election annulment or because of his arrest? The article I red yesterday about the riot, his doctor said people started the riot when abiola died, but abiola died in 98 and the riot was in 93

Infact this whole story is confusing, its high time we forget about this whole drama
u are a poor studnt of history...ask google
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by vanbonattel: 10:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
Abiola was a confused rich man who stole his way to the top. I am very surprised that some empty headed people are trying to remember this criminal who was part of the people that stole our collective wealth with the same military that killed him. The same fate awaits Dangote, Otedola, Jimoh Ibrahim and Tinubu.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Last Interview by Actjulius: 10:31pm On Jun 13, 2013
Moshood Abiola sprang to national and international prominence as a result of his philanthropic activities. The Congressional Black Caucus of the United States of America issued the following tribute to Moshood Abiola:

"Because of this man, there is both cause for hope and certainty that the agony and protests of those who suffer injustice shall give way to peace and human dignity. The children of the world shall know the great work of this extraordinary leader and his fervent mission to right wrong, to do justice, and to serve mankind. The enemies which imperil the future of generations to come: poverty, ignorance, disease, hunger, and racism have each seen effects of the valiant work of Chief Abiola. Through him and others like him, never again will freedom rest in the domain of the few. We, the members of the Congressional Black Caucus salute him this day as a hero in the global pursuit to preserve the history and the legacy of the African diaspora"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Muslim Supreme Councils React To CAN Letter To NASS / PDP Leaders Begin Search For Secondus’ Successor / Parading Suspects With Biafra Insignia: IPOB Takes Legal Action Against Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.