Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

PMP / CAMP Exams ~ Project Management Enthusiasts - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PMP / CAMP Exams ~ Project Management Enthusiasts (1920 Views)

When Your Best Friend Turns You Down During Exams (pix) / NUC Bans Re-sit Exams In Universities / How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PMP / CAMP Exams ~ Project Management Enthusiasts by Yvete(f): 1:58am On Jun 13, 2013
I'm new to the world of Project Management and should sit for the exam by October. Need study buddies interested in Project Management as a career choice. I'd be using the following prep books to self-study.

1. The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, Fourth Ed. by Andy Crowe.
2. Head First Pmp: A Brain-Friendly Guide to Passing the Project Management Professional Exam by Jennifer Greene and Andrew Stellman.
3. PMP Project Management Professional Exam Study Guide by Kim Heldman
4. PMP Exam Prep, Seventh Edition: Rita’s Course in a Book for Passing the PMP Exam by Rita Mulcahy
5. The Almighty PMBOK- 5th Ed. smiley

Please recommend or share helpful books, files and links related to PMP or CAPM. Heard there is a new course on PMP (with more processes) starting July 2013. I'm freaked out! shocked Is anyone using instructor-led (in-person) classes to prepare?
Re: PMP / CAMP Exams ~ Project Management Enthusiasts by daik(m): 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2013
Am planning to write PMP exams too this year, but ve not started preparing.
Just went for some crash courses. But I have an instructor ready to take me thru whenever am ready.
Re: PMP / CAMP Exams ~ Project Management Enthusiasts by Yvete(f): 8:03am On Jun 14, 2013
daik: Am planning to write PMP exams too this year, but ve not started preparing.
Just went for some crash courses. But I have an instructor ready to take me thru whenever am ready.

Cool. You need to get started with studying. I got some soft copies of textbooks online. Hopefully I'll pass the exam at my first trial. wink
Re: PMP / CAMP Exams ~ Project Management Enthusiasts by daik(m): 6:49am On Jun 15, 2013
I doing a little of studying.
Re: PMP / CAMP Exams ~ Project Management Enthusiasts by ndudichukwumah(m): 9:46am On Jun 16, 2013
How can one go about d registration and what is d cost .
Re: PMP / CAMP Exams ~ Project Management Enthusiasts by denzel2009: 10:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
OP, can you progressively elaborate how you intend to write this exam when it is clear you have no 3 years experience leading a project?

Have you tried filling the forms?
Re: PMP / CAMP Exams ~ Project Management Enthusiasts by Yvete(f): 2:12am On Jun 19, 2013
Yes I did. Approval took less than a week. If you don't qualify for PMP, there's the CAPM. Guess my resume (work experience and MS in progress, in a related course with hours of PM courses) is admissible for certification. The main hurdle is documenting your hours of experience. Anyways, real-world experience is more important than being certified.
http://seanraj.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-get-35-contact-hours-for-PMP-application

@nd: You'd apply through PMI. Members get the Pmbok 5th ed for free.
Re: PMP / CAMP Exams ~ Project Management Enthusiasts by denzel2009: 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
Yvete: Yes I did. Approval took less than a week. If you don't qualify for PMP, there's the CAPM. Guess my resume (work experience and MS in progress, in a related course with hours of PM courses) is admissible for certification. The main hurdle is documenting your hours of experience. Anyways, real-world experience is more important than being certified.

: You'd apply through PMI. Members get the Pmbok 5th ed for free.

Cool and good luck on your journey to become a PMP.
Re: PMP / CAMP Exams ~ Project Management Enthusiasts by gajidele: 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2013
Do you have this book for sale in Nigeria (especially in Lagos)? How much?

PMP® Exam Prep, Eighth Edition by Rita Mulcahy

Actual book please, no pdf. Ready to buy immediately.

Please post best price or send text to 08033108315

Thanks.
Re: PMP / CAMP Exams ~ Project Management Enthusiasts by teexzle: 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
Yvete: I'm new to the world of Project Management and should sit for the exam by October. Need study buddies interested in Project Management as a career choice. I'd be using the following prep books to self-study.

2. Head First Pmp: A Brain-Friendly Guide to Passing the Project Management Professional Exam by Jennifer Greene and Andrew Stellman.
4. PMP Exam Prep, Seventh Edition: Rita’s Course in a Book for Passing the PMP Exam by Rita Mulcahy

Please recommend or share helpful books, files and links related to PMP or CAPM. Heard there is a new course on PMP (with more processes) starting July 2013. I'm freaked out! shocked Is anyone using instructor-led (in-person) classes to prepare?

Hi Op, I am familiar with ur name on USA thread, how studies..have u written d exam yet
Re: PMP / CAMP Exams ~ Project Management Enthusiasts by ogla(m): 11:51am On Dec 06, 2014
Yvete:
I'm new to the world of Project Management and should sit for the exam by October. Need study buddies interested in Project Management as a career choice. I'd be using the following prep books to self-study.

Please I also intend writing the PMP exam, can you send the e-copies of the material you used in studying to oglakoncept@yahoo.com
Thank you.
Re: PMP / CAMP Exams ~ Project Management Enthusiasts by Donpressman(m): 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2015
Yvete:

Pls can I get copies of those books. Thanks in anticipation!

(1) (Reply)

You Think You Know English, Answer This Question / Is It Possible To Get My "Neco Certificate" Without Going To Their Office? / Baptist High School.port Harcourt(bhs) Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.