Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,130 members, 7,867,277 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:18 PM

Views From Ghana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Views From Ghana (864 Views)

How People Eat Chicken - With Picture (insult From Ghana?) / Nigeria To Buy Electricity From Ghana - Can You Believe It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Views From Ghana by ubamu2029: 7:45pm On May 06, 2008
Interesting views from GHANA.

For more nigerian bashing, visit
http://sil.ghanaweb.com/l.php

Author: Jo (82.128.36.119)
Date:   05-06-2008 08:51

Kola is only amplifying the sense of anguish among his brethren about Ghanas oil discovery. Yes, Nigeria has far more oil reserves-for now- than Ghana, but the fact that Ghana will no longer depend on them for oil supplies is what is paining  the average Nigerian. You know Nigerians like to show off-they sell oil to a lot of countries, but when it comes to Ghana, they want the whole world to think they dash oil to Ghana. They tend to be domineering- and oil has always been the weapon used in  blackmailing other African countries that import oil from them. Without oil what leverage will Nigeria have any where else? As a child, I prayed to God to give Ghana oil-even if only for domestic consumption. I started this prayer the day I found out that Ghana spent about half of her net income to import oil. And as I grew up, I intensified my prayer because I also found out that that country that supplied most of our oil thought it was doing us a big favour, thugh we were paying normal prices for their oil. Today, God has granted my prayer and I'm more than convinced that indeed Ghana is a blessed country. God has a reason for allowing Ghana to discover oil at this stage, and not earlier. At least now we can learn from the torrid experiences of others like our inglorious neighbour Nigeria. Ghana’s full oil reserves are yet to be identified- we expect more discoveries in the coming weeks and years. Recent reports suggest that Nigeria will exhause its oil resource in 42 years time.Hmmmm. That should get every Nigerian thinking…, naija without oil…, what do you think? And while you ponder over that, Nigerians should also pray that at some point in the future they will nt end up importing oil from Ghana. That is a very distinct possibility! Can’t wait for that to happen.

Kola, you are insulting Ghanaians because the report of the discovery caused a jump in the company’s share price listed on FTSE, and not the Ghana Stock Exchange? Well I have news for you. Of all the companies that produce oil in Nigeria, can you name a single one of them that is listed on the Lagos Stock Exchange. Go head. Perhaps you’d tell me Royal Dutch Shell,ExxonMobil,Total, Addax etc are all Nigerian companies listed on your local stock market. And here we are talking about a country that started producing oil since 1958! Not a single Nigerian company is involved in producing oil in Nigeria after all these years.Being corrupt and lazy, the Nigerian will rather ‘lift’ oil and sell off to make huge profits. He has no time to set up operations and wait for profits to roll in. The good people of Ghana don’t need advice from you on how to manage their oil resources. The Yaraduas, the Obasanjo,the Dangotes, the Otedola’s who have pocketed your oil money can do with some advice-at least you have the next 42 years to make something of your oil resources, otherwise….I shudder to think what lies ahead.

Author: Jo (82.128.36.241)
Date:   05-06-2008 11:44

Shuo! Ghanaians envious of Nigerians? Hmmm that's something. Well, I guess Ghanaians are envious of your legendary corruption, your lack of discipline and uncouth behaviour that is making you enemies all over the world. Of cource we are envious of your 419 status, your lack of electricity despite a $16 billion investment in 8 years,your rutted roads, your collapsed educational and health systems, your inability to conduct simple and decent elections;your relentless armed robbers, do I continue? Can never finish! Yes, we are indeed very, very ENVIOUS! Mumu!

Author: Jo (82.128.36.241)
Date:   05-06-2008 11:52

If making heaven is determined by the number of churches that exist in a country, then of course "Nigerians will make heaven more than any other country." But you and I know that is not what determines who goes to heaven.Nigerians 'carry' God on their heads everywhere but their hearts and minds are as black as hell, which where most of them are headed-ritualists, 419ners,corrupt,blackmailers,deceivers par excellence,

Author: uncle george (90.194.224.1)
Date:   05-06-2008 10:24

nigerians are very fast when it comes to crime. they brought the 419 and i think you have heard it, and you know it. that is the reason why we blame them. also a lot of ghanaians have joined them and they are training them. thanks
Re: Views From Ghana by naijaway(m): 9:41pm On May 06, 2008
Most of what the writer said are factual like talking about the egos of nigerians, lack of discipline- politically, socially, and sometimes morally. The troubling part is dat Nigeria is really being surrounded by people who are beginning to really hate her and this is a concern. Nigeria, can't hide or brush it off or fight everyone around us, so every nigerian should begin working to ease this tension and at the same time our government should start treating our neighbors as brothers that they are instead of putting their noses up when we cannot boast of anything industrial. This kinds of things should be heeded and we must do the best we can to assure mutual respect and brotherly love because if we can't count on our brothers who happens to be our neighbors then na wahala we dey o. Big yawa.
Re: Views From Ghana by Backslider(m): 9:12am On May 07, 2008
@Naijaway

This is a typical nigerian pessimism. With that we beleive that Satan reside in Nigeria.

If you look at the history of Nigeria and that of Ghana. You will see that we are far better of with better leaders

The poster qouted that Nigeria has does not have oil companies on the stock exchange since 1958. Well Ghana has had gold for several centuries if I am not mistaken. but watch Ghana collects 5% all the gold that goes out every month which about 700,000 ounces x $800.

What Ghana Gets is just 5% of profit. If you come to the places where they mine Gold and diamond you will weep for Ghana. You still have millionaire in Nigeria from the oil areas but I tell you in obuasi and other regions where the arsenic levels are murderous you will be suprised how Ghana government can keep tight lipped.

Ghana is becoming the columbia of Africa because corporate police corruption is at the highest in a decade. There no more super cop in Ghana like we used to have a decade ago. I Ghana continues like this there will be total collapse.

Kalabule(419) and ashiewo had existed in long before Nigerians started it. Some say it was imported into nigeria.

We have a problem but we are not that bad we can improve only. We need to build our security and power.
Re: Views From Ghana by Backslider(m): 9:17am On May 07, 2008
Just to note

I meet a lady few months back she paid $5500 to a Ghanaian man for traveling and she was so emotional but I advised her to go back to Nigeria.

Their fraudsters here in Ghana and they are more subtile than Nigerian ones. I cant finish saying it.
Re: Views From Ghana by deor03(m): 2:31pm On May 07, 2008
The danger knocking on the wall has finally come, US hates us , UK don't want to smell us, EU is scared of us poluting their land,South-Africans don't mind killing us all, our dear West-African brother detest us,

To make matters worse, Our Nigerian police abuse our rights, Our nigeria govt hates us,,

The problem is here now!! how do we tackle it?
Re: Views From Ghana by silos(m): 2:42pm On May 07, 2008
well the only way we can survive this predicament is to run to God almight who loves every nigerian. "God is a Nigeria" so i am not disturbed if Britain did not like us Nigerian but atleast God loves us.

Re: Views From Ghana by Lady2(f): 5:14pm On May 07, 2008
The problem is here now!! how do we tackle it?

Go back to our house and make it a home.
Re: Views From Ghana by superman(m): 11:19pm On May 07, 2008
GIMMICK! BU  LL$hit!

Ghanaian just keep dreamin as you are, wonder where all that zeal is coming from. nonsense

now to all the appologist,? what about the terroist states. some of yall could choose to be doctile, but then thats unecessary u know. just act right fool

and what is realy good about ghana, mind dnt get me start i have some friends that live there, we knows whats on ground so be careful my friend

No time for ghana must go tricks!! yeye people remember BABS i think he is Ghanaian to tell u that u are typical ghanaian dreamer or  DAVID might just have an opinion as well
Re: Views From Ghana by Spermdrops(m): 3:07am On May 08, 2008
naijaway:

Most of what the writer said are factual like talking about the egos of nigerians, lack of discipline- politically, socially, and sometimes morally.

The troubling part is that Nigeria is really being surrounded by people who are beginning to really hate her and this is a concern. Nigeria, can't hide or brush it off or fight everyone around us,

so every nigerian should begin working to ease this tension and at the same time our government should start treating our neighbors as brothers that they are instead of putting their noses up when we cannot boast of anything industrial.

This kinds of things should be heeded and we must do the best we can to assure mutual respect and brotherly love because if we can't count on our brothers who happens to be our neighbors then na wahala we dey o. Big yawa.

Thank God they have not started making "Nigeria must go bags" NMG bags in green/white/green stripes!

Good post you have up there.  If only Nigerians appreciate the truth instead of indulging in self-denial. If all are complaining, it is time to change! Except Jesus Christ of course!
Re: Views From Ghana by azorjiu(m): 10:07am On May 08, 2008
I doubt if your LEADERS read such posts.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria We Hail Thee: Police Shoot Way Into Court, Abduct Star Witness / Petroleum Reform Bill: 10 Senators Face Panel For Alleged Bribery / The Fake People Of South West Exposed Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.