Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Handling Difficult Interview Questions Part 2. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Handling Difficult Interview Questions Part 2. (811 Views)

How To Keep Your Jobs In A Difficult Economy - Entrepreneurs Advise Workers / Handling Difficult Interview Questions. / Most Difficult Interview Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Handling Difficult Interview Questions Part 2. by Shinor(m): 10:28am On Jun 13, 2013
[b]Q4.What do you feel this position should pay?

Salary is a delicate topic. We suggest that you defer tying yourself to a precise figure for as long as you can do so politely. You might say, "I understand that the range for this job is between ______ and ______. That seems appropriate for the job as I understand it." You might answer the question with a question: "Perhaps you can help me on this one. Can you tell me if there is a range for similar jobs in the organization?"
If you are asked the question during an initial screening interview, you might say that you feel you need to know more about the position's responsibilities before you could give a meaningful answer to that question. Here, too, either by asking the interviewer or search executive (if one is involved), or in research done as part of your homework, you can try to find out whether there is a salary grade attached to the job. If there is, and if you can live with it, say that the range seems right to you.
If the interviewer continues to probe, you might say, "You know that I'm making ______ now. Like everyone else, I'd like to improve on that figure, but my major interest is with the job itself." Remember that the act of taking a new job does not, in and of itself, make you worth more money.
Don't sell yourself short, but continue to stress the fact that the job itself is the most important thing in your mind. The interviewer may be trying to determine just how much you want the job. Don't leave the impression that money is the only thing that is important to you. Link questions of salary to the work itself.

Q5. Your resume suggests that you may be over-qualified or too experienced for this position. What's Your opinion?

See more at http://saotheemploymentcoach..co.uk/2013/06/handling-difficult-interview-questions_13.html[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Study In France / Jobless Graduate Charms Employers, After Applying 300 Times / Oblige Me If You Have Written Prince2 Or Intend Writing Prince2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.