Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals (12102 Views)

Kogi Officials In Anambra To Learn Creative Governance Strategies / MISSING $20BILLION Can Build 10 Burj Khalifa ─ FASHOLA / Anambra To Employ 5,000 Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by adconline(m): 10:27pm On Jun 15, 2013
jusRadical:

The problem with hatred is that it makes it's host reason up side down. Had it been that gov. Obi said that he would build the maternity with NGN1 billion you will say he wants to embazzle fund. If the man can give his people good maternity at N2, leave let him do it!

Meanwhile, do you know what a maternity is? How much do you think that will be the cost of building 1? Tell us the size of the house and also the equipment required for its functionality.
Folks like you thrive in ignorance . The source says hospital not community health centre/maternity/clinic. Hospitals are staffed by attending physician and a nurse must always be on duty That's why folks fail comprehension.. Are the community health centers/clinics going to be equipped and staffed? We keep glorifying mediocrity and lack of compassion. How much does an EKG machine cost? How much does ultrasound machine cost? How much does it cost keep to a doctor in that hospital? How much does it cost to keep a qualified nurse? How many hospital beds are deployed? What's the cost of building a hospital? This reminds me of "the teaching hospital" he built in Awka, but has been overgrown with weed. Same with Keneth Dike digital library without any worker present, no IT/communication mast, no computers.
Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by adconline(m): 10:43pm On Jun 15, 2013
buchaisky:

please grow up!
You need to work on your brain and self esteem. Why does an Anambrian deserve less quality health while the governor gets the best in the world? There is sub standard quality for sub-Saharan Africans when govt officials provide amenities while they opt for world-class services and products when it's all about them. Have you ever wondered why Nelsonn Mandela has always being treated in South Afric, not in EU/US? Can Obi be treated in Naija? Your reason for RSA might be bco whites developed their country, but blacks are now running and expanding for whites and blacks. Why can't black Nigerians do same for black Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by Decryptor(m): 11:33pm On Jun 15, 2013
adconline:
You need to work on your brain and self esteem. Why does an Anambrian deserve less quality health while the governor gets the best in the world? There is sub standard quality for sub-Saharan Africans when govt officials provide amenities while they opt for world-class services and products when it's all about them. Have you ever wondered why Nelsonn Mandela has always being treated in South Afric, not in EU/US? Can Obi be treated in Naija? Your reason for RSA might be bco whites developed their country, but blacks are now running and expanding for whites and blacks. Why can't black Nigerians do same for black Nigerians?
the thing about twarts like you is that you just talk without making sense and the more you are being coaxed to make sense, you say more nonsense thinking you are still making sense!
Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by adconline(m): 11:54pm On Jun 15, 2013
Decryptor: the thing about twarts like you is that you just talk without making sense and the more you are being coaxed to make sense, you say more nonsense thinking you are still making sense!

You are clueless because you are a product of polititical propaganda and deceit!
Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by IGBOSON1: 1:43am On Jun 16, 2013
adconline:

^^^They say Obi is working; as this thread is about health care in Anambra, does anyone have any pics of well equipped Hospitals and Clinics built during the past 6 to 7 years of Obis administration?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by ifechez: 7:23am On Jun 16, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^They say Obi is working; as this thread is about health care in Anambra, does anyone have any pics of well equipped Hospitals and Clinics built during the past 6 to 7 years of Obis administration?

Everytime its pictures you ask for. What prevents you from coming to anambra state and see for yourself the things you ask for. Let state it here and clear, there is single health institute in anambra state is not renovated, staffed and equipped. Even the one owned by the missionaries. If you anybody in the rural areas, ask the person about the situation of any health center close to him/her. Tanx
Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by chino11(m): 7:32am On Jun 16, 2013
Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by chino11(m): 7:34am On Jun 16, 2013
adconline:
Folks like you thrive in ignorance . The source says hospital not community health centre/maternity/clinic. Hospitals are staffed by attending physician and a nurse must always be on duty That's why folks fail comprehension.. Are the community health centers/clinics going to be equipped and staffed? We keep glorifying mediocrity and lack of compassion. How much does an EKG machine cost? How much does ultrasound machine cost? How much does it cost keep to a doctor in that hospital? How much does it cost to keep a qualified nurse? How many hospital beds are deployed? What's the cost of building a hospital? This reminds me of "the teaching hospital" he built in Awka, but has been overgrown with weed. Same with Keneth Dike digital library without any worker present, no IT/communication mast, no computers.

You don't know what you are talking about. I passes thru Kenneth Dike library to and from work everyday. The Library which is situated beside CBN has since been equiped with computers and books. Last month I was there to read up some encyclopaedia, I was amazed at the quality of work done and well equiped and staffed it was.

On ANSUTH-Awka, I equally passes thru it since its not far from the library. The sructures and facilities in the hospital is among if not the best State Teaching hospital in SE. The last I checked they were landscapping and tarring the roads as the premises is quite large in its size.

As for general development Obi has affected the entire spectrum of development via ANIDS. A 5star hotel and Shoprite is nearing completion in Onitsha. Two malls: LG Electronics Boutique Hotel and Ikenga Mall are under construction in Awka. Work has since resumed on another 5star hotel called: Agulu Lake Hotel and convention center in Agulu near Awka. You don't get to hear all these in the media because the gov is a silent mover.

On road construction the rural areas has been made to look like urban areas due to road construction that has touched all the communities of the state. I have a friend that commutes from Igbariam to Awka on daily basis, another comes from Agulu equally on daily basis to work, this is as a result of motorable roads. Even this $1m won Anambra: the rural roads connecting all the towns must have played a vital role unlike other states where rural areas are neglected to rot away.

In education Anambra has maintained lead. Schools are built and equiped with books and computers. I still wonder why Anambra will attrack highest cut off mark from FG if the level of learning and excellence is not the best in Nigeria.

If you want to assess development below are the indices of evaluation:
1. Education
2. Health
3. Infrastructure
4. Industrialization
5. Employment generation. ( Anambra has attracted more FDIs, investors than the SE states)
6. Agriculture.
7. Fiscal responsibility. Etc

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 16, 2013
dgitrader: `

[size=28pt]yes! 28 million will setup a standard maternity home, anywhere in sub-saharan africa.[/size]
stop talking nonsense! since u have brains, why not use it to counter sunny-bobo's facts.
ask ur pops
Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 16, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Why are you sounding like the result of contraceptive failure?. Go to the North where women trek for 6 hours one way to get primary maternal care and tell them that and let's see if you will come back alive. It's so funny how Nigerians want to run before walking. If there were maternities in those rural areas, would there be need to build these ones?

Go tell Fashola to get your primary school pupils off from under the mango trees first before bringing your bad belle first. I also guess your father is/was able to provide you with a house in Banana island since you always go for the best.
Look at this bloody chimp that doesn't know what it feels like to have a society run effectively. what the hell has Fashola got to do with me or schools in my city? You're the one that's used to people schooling under trees and in caves...what's my business with that,ehn, Igbo? Why do u insecure dunces always assume everyone that wants the best for ur loser life's gotta be Yoruba?
Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by Aikayy: 7:52am On Jun 16, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
by Saharan African Standard. Isn't that Short for the lowest Standard possible. And you Think that is what they deserve?

Stop being a mo.ron! Over 80% of nigeria private clinics are worth less than 28million naira. Its not as if dem go dey do dialysis na! Naija hate site aka nairaland, I hail una o!
Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by Aikayy: 9:51am On Jun 16, 2013
kingoflag: Look at this bloody chimp that doesn't know what it feels like to have a society run effectively. what the hell has Fashola got to do with me or schools in my city? You're the one that's used to people schooling under trees and in caves...what's my business with that,ehn, Igbo? Why do u insecure dunces always assume everyone that wants the best for ur loser life's gotta be Yoruba?
That dude is talented! He knows u more than u know urself
Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 16, 2013
Aikayy:
That dude is talented! He knows u more than u know urself
when was the last time u had clean drinking water from ur taps?
Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by ozikam: 10:24am On Jun 16, 2013
Kudos.i will like to see the maternities to access the standard.i am budgeting the same amount for my maternity.
Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by IGBOSON1: 10:45am On Jun 16, 2013
ifechez:

Everytime its pictures you ask for. What prevents you from coming to anambra state and see for yourself the things you ask for. Let state it here and clear, there is single health institute in anambra state is not renovated, staffed and equipped. Even the one owned by the missionaries. If you anybody in the rural areas, ask the person about the situation of any health center close to him/her. Tanx

^^^Not everyone has the time (or resources) to travel down to Anambra to see what Obi is doing, that's why one would have expected you guys to provide up to date proof/evidence of his achievements. You'd agree with me that the available info' thus far on the net is not commensurate with the assertions of Obis' supporters. I hear of all sorts of achievements in Anambra, but (besides what's on the ANIDS website that was last updated 3 years ago) there's hardly any way of verifying these claims like one could easily do for states like Lagos, Enugu (though would like to see more on education and healthcare in Enugu), Akwa Ibom, and -to a lesser extent- Imo.

I'd just like to add that i don't care about any Governor, and if i feel he's not performing well i wouldn't hesitate to say so, no matter whose ox is gored; my primary concern is for rapid development in Igboland (and Nigeria by extension)......time is not on our side!
Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by chino11(m): 11:20am On Jun 16, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Not everyone has the time (or resources) to travel down to Anambra to see what Obi is doing, that's why one would have expected you guys to provide up to date proof/evidence of his achievements. You'd agree with me that the available info' thus far on the net is not commensurate with the assertions of Obis' supporters. I hear of all sorts of achievements in Anambra, but (besides what's on the ANIDS website that was last updated 3 years ago) there's hardly any way of verifying these claims like one could easily do for states like Lagos, Enugu (though would like to see more on education and healthcare in Enugu), Akwa Ibom, and -to a lesser extent- Imo.

I'd just like to add that i don't care about any Governor, and if i feel he's not performing well i wouldn't hesitate to say so, no matter whose ox is gored; my primary concern is for rapid development in Igboland (and Nigeria by extension)......time is not on our side!

It is of a fact that ANIDS website was last updated 3yrs ago. Obi has developed far beyond what is on that site.
The last sentense of your comment caught my attention that, "time is not on our side" grin

Are you gonna die tommorrow? Please you will live to fulfil the plans of God on your life.
Re: Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals by Lustig(m): 8:53am On Jun 17, 2013
Policewoman: For those of you who can't read, it means USD 1m (about N160m) + N120m (from the state govt). i.e about N280M.

Ku n ji kwo?
sanu mallama

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Atiku Friends Endorsed Him Not We, Ohanaeze Says / 18,000 APC Members Join PDP In Benue; Declare Support For Atiku, Ortom, Moro / Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.