Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

R.I.P Symbian OS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / R.I.P Symbian OS (555 Views)

Best Websites To Download Hd Symbian Games And Apps? / Latest Symbian Os Phone Antivirus Software / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

R.I.P Symbian OS by vowiski(m): 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
So it's official, Symbian is dead! Financial Times reported on Wednesday that the last batch of Symbian phones built by Nokia has been shipped. The shipment marked the last batch of Symbian smartphones that would ever be produced and shipped.

Image Credit: wakpaper
“It took 22 months to get a Symbian phone out of the door,” a Nokia spokesperson told FT. “With Windows Phone, it is less than a year. We spend less time having to tinker with deep-lying code and more time on crafting elements of the experience that make a big difference, such as around photography, maps, music and apps in general.”

Brief History of Symbian OS.
Re: R.I.P Symbian OS by jjeeff(m): 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
thankk u for the info, so what are they going to invent now
Re: R.I.P Symbian OS by vowiski(m): 8:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
jjeeff: thankk u for the info, so what are they going to invent now

They are going with Windows mobile cheesy
Re: R.I.P Symbian OS by seunlayi(m): 11:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
window, what about Android?
Re: R.I.P Symbian OS by myhobbies(m): 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
seunlayi: window, what about Android?

Why not them join me in android
Re: R.I.P Symbian OS by vowiski(m): 5:42am On Jun 14, 2013
seunlayi: window, what about Android?

Nokia doesn't see a future with Android, Windows became their primary platform when Symbian died un-officially.

(1) (Reply)

Help For LG 930 / Mtn New Apps Store Is Running Now / Smartphone Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.