Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Do U Know - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Do U Know (834 Views)

I Need A Editing System,u Know Any Reliable Seller. / Do U Know Dat You Can Easily Own A Brand New Laptop Wit Just N15,000 / Du U Know A Good African Chat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Know by oie(m): 12:10pm On May 07, 2008
Did u know that antiviruses in most cases create more bottleneck than they are created to resolve.how?well it simply lies in their inherent structure and proof of concept.here it is:antiviruses are basically scan engines incorporated with a huge database of recently discovered virus signatures and program suites specificaly designed to neutralize this them.an antivirus sits between your hard drive and memory and runs a periodic check on interactions between this two hardwares i.e it periodically takes a look at contents loaded from your hard drive to memory(programs and data),it compares file and program signatures against those contained in its database.any similarity and BINGO!!!!!,it alerts you and prompts for a quarantine common with most distributions.did i hear you ask how does this affect my system? well for those of us geeks who place so more emphasis on speed,i think u should read further.the database hardwired into this friendly programs in most cases can extend into several megabytes and all this has to be loaded into memory as long as the antivirus is running.This could go a long way in denying other appications access to sufficient amount of memory and hence could be inimical to their optimal performance,network applications like your web browsers and others are usually victims of this occurence and this in most cases reflects in a pronounced degradation in the speed of your network connection.SO THEN WHAT DO I DO TO RID MY SYSTEM OFF VIRUSES.Well for a start,u could begin with a non-invasive software like DEEP FREEZE,i have been using that close to five years now and believe me,it is very effective.with DEEP FREEZE installed on your hard drive, you could proceed into surfing the internet recklessly without worrying about nasty programs(trojans,spywares,worms,malwares) that infiltrate your system in the process,once you restart your system all changes to the hard drive contents effected after the installation and activation of DEEP FREEZE are deleted instantly.for more details about this software ,you can carry out a google search on its documentation which contains a lot of useful info and guide on its installation and effective usage.
Also With DEEP FREEZE you never have to border yourself with frequent updating common to antivirus softwares,which is basically a download of recently discovered virus signatures and their respective antidotes on to the antivirus'databases.
Re: Do U Know by adekennis(m): 7:14am On May 08, 2008
Unmm copy and paste angry
Re: Do U Know by topkin(m): 8:45am On May 08, 2008
bla bla bla
Re: Do U Know by xprofile: 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2008
it makes sense cos i also use it for my system and it works

cheesy
07082070074, 08030551776
bigamos4real@yahoo.com
Re: Do U Know by inze(m): 6:28pm On Oct 01, 2008
not bad at all, but i won't give that advice even to an enemy.

Get an Antivirus, you never can tell !!
Re: Do U Know by xprofile: 12:57pm On Oct 03, 2008
inze inze

well, i wonder wat he is doing around d this forum,
tongue

(1) (Reply)

Pc Is Connecting But Not Browsing What Do I Do / Download Accelerator Plus (dap) Problems / Hp Tablet Laptops For 100,000 Only! Dont Miss This, Cheap Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.