Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here (833 Views)

Dumps For Mcsa(windows Server 2012) And CCNA / Mcsa Mcse Mcitp Mcts / CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by v3: 11:08am On Feb 17, 2010
OK i've been on NL for a while, haven't really seen a thread relating to one like this, so i thought i'd create one. cool

Let's share our day to day experiences as Network Administrators et al.

Thanks
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by sesejive(m): 11:48am On Feb 17, 2010
yeah nyce one poster
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by v3: 12:05pm On Feb 17, 2010
sesejive:

yeah nyce one poster
Thanx cool
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by newcreatio(m): 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2010
How does an IT pro who surfs a lot and encounters sites where he is required to create an account and
over the years has registered with many usernames and passwords. How do u manage remembering all of those details or does he
just use an almighty username and password on every site he visits?

I want to know because that is a dilemma.
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by v3: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2010
@new

When i signed up for an account on NL, did you pick something (username/pword) you could easily recall OR u just thought what-the-heck,i'll just go with anything? shocked

As an admin, you SHOULD have a repository of all your accounts OR you're TOAST. grin
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by newcreatio(m): 5:45pm On Feb 17, 2010
@V3
Having a repository of d usernames and passwords is nice and cool. Now where do u store dem?
, in d phone?
, in a software on d system?
, commit them to memory?
, create them in series or a particular sequence?
, write dem on a notepad somewhere?
, ,

won't they get compromised, missing, stolen (especially cell phones, i seem to lose one every month for the past 6 months),
system crash, virus-ed, etc etc etc etc undecided

its f.r.u.s.t.r.a.t.i.n.g. cry
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by Techcenter: 9:42pm On Feb 17, 2010
I need some one to help me write and get mcp server 2003 certificate. If you are interested. Please call me on 08037505098 or nwumechuks@yahoo.com
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by v3: 11:11pm On Feb 17, 2010
errm tech,mcp in xp or vista? b mur specific pls.i've gt cumpresd vid tutorials dat myte hlp buh im using me fone so i cnt upload
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by mikesleek(m): 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2010
newcreatio:

How does an IT pro who surfs a lot and encounters sites where he is required to create an account and
over the years has registered with many usernames and passwords. How do u manage remembering all of those details or does he
just use an almighty username and password on every site he visits?

I want to know because that is a dilemma.

i bet that is why you are an IT pro. You are not permitted to store passwords anywhere except in your head. This is what I do, for my office servers which i administer, i have a set of passwords i use, for websites and external emails, i have another. For secure sites, i have another set. Now it depends on how many passwords you consider a set. Using the almighty password is really not advisable. If it is compromised once, you are screwed. So, it's your call.
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 21, 2010
mikesleek:

i bet that is why you are an IT pro. You are not permitted to store passwords anywhere except in your head. This is what I do, for my office servers which i administer, i have a set of passwords i use, for websites and external emails, i have another. For secure sites, i have another set. Now it depends on how many passwords you consider a set. Using the almighty password is really not advisable. If it is compromised once, you are screwed. So, it's your call.

well said, it only safe to store passwords in your head, I have different passwords for every account online,  different passwords for emails (very long and complex) and different passwords for forums. One has to be careful about his passwords too. Those days when I used to use the cyber cafe, I usually checked  'program files' of the cafe's computer to see if there were any keylogger installations. It helped me once, after typing my password and checking my email at the cyber cafe, I checked their 'c:\program files' and there it was, a keylogger with all my password and website visited. I uninstalled it immediately, went to another cafe (I knew theirs was safe) and changed my passwords.
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 21, 2010
Techcenter:

I need some one to help me write and get mcp server 2003 certificate. If you are interested. Please call me on 08037505098 or nwumechuks@yahoo.com

angry youre destroying the industry that way dude. You are no different from the person who is going to help u write the exams, why don't you study for the exam. Its because of actions like this the value of IT certifications drop and our salaries decrease. stop it.
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by v3: 10:12am On Feb 21, 2010
fnx sting,i've seen d dudes post on various threads n my anger was startn 2 gt d bera of me.
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by reka(m): 11:34am On Feb 21, 2010
@sting.nice one,
am just starting my MCSA training and hope to really enjoy it,
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by v3: 7:18pm On Feb 21, 2010
welcum brov on bhalf of al mcsa/mcse holderz on nl
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 21, 2010
@reka, you're welcome. I f u need help with your training or face the usual mcsa/mcse challenges, we'll be there for u.
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by leftone: 10:02pm On Feb 22, 2010
hey there.sorry i sent that post on a friend's laptop.am not reka.am leftone, hehehehehe.
and am sure going to need your help getting through,
Re: Mcsa/mcse Professionals. . .let's Meet Here by Azanor(m): 9:13pm On Feb 23, 2010
@v3
Oga u dey here too! Nice one o! Me self i just begin my training last year for MCSE 2003 last year. Was planning to switch halfway thru d exams to MCITP b4 nysc got in the way. i'm currently in enugu looking for a testing center where i can continue my exams. I've got loads of material and time on my hands.

(1) (Reply)

Hp Tablet Laptops For 100,000 Only! Dont Miss This, Cheap Sales / Mtn F@stlink / Unsolicited E-mails Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.