Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,365 members, 7,829,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? (23093 Views)

John Terry Dares John Mikel Obi To Take Ice Bucket Challenge / Obi To Seal Manchester United Move / Mikel Obi To Join Hamburg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by scholes23(m): 7:06am On Jun 15, 2013
Dblack: Remember morinho created that special holding role mikel plays, apart from romelu thrs no one in chelsea who can play dt role as discipline as mikel does. My opinion is mikel will b an integral part of morinho season

Yes of course I remember. He had a very special holding role on d bench
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by ImperialMcHael(m): 7:09am On Jun 15, 2013
Abu Mikey: I wish the guy goodluck ooooo....
Wish him patience too
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by scholes23(m): 7:09am On Jun 15, 2013
torgbe: smh. U r lost

Pls kindly help him find his way
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by pattyclues(f): 7:10am On Jun 15, 2013
mikel surely did not improve and stagnation is a bad in a game that is so competitive, mikel was way way better than Alex song in 2009/2010 but fast forward to 2011/2012 and compare.( though song has lost his shine in moving to barca). Even if this move is a rumour, he should develop his game.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by ochukoccna: 7:13am On Jun 15, 2013
Mikel will be CRAZY if he should leave Chelsea now to Gala where he'll be less visible
While he's won all at Chelsea, let him go for a new challenge where he'll be more visible
Though in footie,its all about the dough i.e. a big retirement payday
But that's when you are 29-32 not a prime '26' lipsrsealed
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by Tolufizzle(m): 7:30am On Jun 15, 2013
Dts wat he gets (an offer. From Galatasaray) for not improvin all dese y...I jes hope Mourinho can still give him a chance n talk 2 his head dt he can do much more beta dan wot we r getin frm him nw...bluez4lyf.
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by Ninilowo(m): 7:44am On Jun 15, 2013
1313: Agree to join by principle does not mean He has agreed and diffrent from signing a deal. This news is still unfounded. Next topic please
Abi ooooo.
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by donem: 7:47am On Jun 15, 2013
Come to think of the fact that this was a player who came 2nd to Messi few years ago @ the under 20 level, but juxtapose their quality presently and see the significant gap between the both, for all i care going to Galatasaray ain't a bad move cos they aren't pushovers.
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 15, 2013
rman:

Ivanovic and John Terry must have been signed to score goals.
mikel is a failure in chelsea. . .oops. YOU FORGOT TO MENTION DAVID LUIZ
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 15, 2013
autumn.flower:
^^^
essien
LAMPARD
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 15, 2013
I'll rather he leaves. . . . .who knows galatasaray will be a progress to his carreer.
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 15, 2013
With the likes of Essien, Romeo, Ramires, Lampard + new hot talents thats gonna arrive this Summer. Next season is gonna be hot for him!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by Ignatio(m): 8:20am On Jun 15, 2013
y'all talk of Essien as if he there's some armour left in his tired legs.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by chessguru1(m): 8:34am On Jun 15, 2013
scholes23: Its would be better for him to leave if not, he'll continue from where he stopped as a first team bench warmer during Mourinho's spell @ chelsea cos there's no way in d world he's gonna bench essien, ramires, lampard or even mata
Loooooolz you guys neva learn.
Isn't it the same mikel that all so called football heads said he wouldn't see a shirt because of ballack, "ESSIEN", lampard, Deco, Robben, makalele, etc etc when he joined them?
The same mikel that has consistently been used by all Chelsea coaches year in and year out without a drop in form?
I can understand when people say he doesn't improve..i can live with that
But you saying he is gonna be BENCHED J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ because essien is coming back?? Haba
We fans are J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ spectators, and are more drawn to flashy players or goals, but believe me when I say that there is something mikel brings to a team that all chelsea coaches have not been able to ignore, and fans probably don't understand. J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ the
Same way that garba lawal brought something to the nigerian team that fans could not get.
Mikel isn't going anywhere, cos he plays according to coaches instruction (something mourhino loves)....compared to a Luis that does what he feels like on the pitch (somethings fans may love, but Mou hates)

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by Sike(m): 8:38am On Jun 15, 2013
Feed me more: So Mikel will leave the EPL without scoring a single goal in the league? undecided embarassed

Too Bad.
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by olajide1895: 8:40am On Jun 15, 2013
Its a big lie say something else I'll believe you.
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by jasper7(m): 8:42am On Jun 15, 2013
sylve11:

shut up! then what is he signed for? cool
rman:

Ivanovic and John Terry must have been signed to score goals.
The concept of sarcasm must be alien to you
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by vislabraye(m): 8:48am On Jun 15, 2013
torgbe: YES HE MUST LEAVE CHELEA CUZ DA MAESTRO ESSIEN DA BISSON IS BACK..SORRY MIKEL,MAKE THE QUICK DECISION AND SAVE UR JOB

So u think Essien can send Mikel parking?
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 15, 2013
vislabraye:

So u think Essien can send Mikel parking?

No mind them. Even if Essien is coming back to Stamford Bridge, he will mostly be a substitute, or will be fielded in the Carling cup and FA Cup games.
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by kolamilan(m): 9:01am On Jun 15, 2013
jasper7:
It happens, He was not signed to score goals. undecided
see excuse.
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by Acecube(m): 9:06am On Jun 15, 2013
If i were him i would remain at chelsea, he shouldn't think he's following Drogba's footstep... Coz the last time i checked drogba is already 30 something having played competitive football at chelsea while mikel is just 26 and have 4 good years to play at the top. Between going to turkey will reduce his publicity with his game is not even one that can attract the press.

He shouldn't forget that going to galatasaray means he is set to lose his supposed '' big boy '' of Nigeria title.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by onome25(m): 9:27am On Jun 15, 2013
1313: Agree to join by principle does not mean He has agreed and diffrent from signing a deal. This news is still unfounded. Next topic please
the agrieved chelsea fan...when man u wanted to groom him then for a world class player he jumped his own ship to join anothers' man ship now look @what he.s done to his football future.
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by Oyab(m): 9:27am On Jun 15, 2013
Has Essien come back to Chelsea?
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by kolamilan(m): 9:41am On Jun 15, 2013
Acecube: If i were him i would remain at chelsea, he shouldn't think he's following Drogba's footstep... Coz the last time i checked drogba is already 30 something having played competitive football at chelsea while mikel is just 26 and have 4 good years to play at the top. Between going to turkey will reduce his publicity with his game is not even one that can attract the press.

He shouldn't forget that going to galatasaray means he is set to lose his supposed '' big boy '' of Nigeria title.
but it wont reduce is money abi .
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by deskossy(m): 9:45am On Jun 15, 2013
Mikel is still 26? Nawa o,footbalers and lies.look at psquare he played wit in jos are over 30..chai
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by dotcomnamename: 9:51am On Jun 15, 2013
He should go to Arsenal
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by ignis: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2013
scholes23: Its would be better for him to leave if not, he'll continue from where he stopped as a first team bench warmer during Mourinho's spell @ chelsea cos there's no way in d world he's gonna bench essien, ramires, lampard or even mata
My exact thought.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by Kingjames(m): 10:46am On Jun 15, 2013
torgbe: YES HE MUST LEAVE CHELEA CUZ DA MAESTRO ESSIEN DA BISSON IS BACK..SORRY MIKEL,MAKE THE QUICK DECISION AND SAVE UR JOB

In your malaria induced dreams!
Essien my foot. This is cfc not all abt adopting mou as his father.
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by Kingjames(m): 10:51am On Jun 15, 2013
[/quote]
chess guru:
Loooooolz you guys neva learn.
Isn't it the same mikel that all so called football heads said he wouldn't see a shirt because of ballack, "ESSIEN", lampard, Deco, Robben, makalele, etc etc when he joined them?
The same mikel that has consistently been used by all Chelsea coaches year in and year out without a drop in form?
I can understand when people say he doesn't improve..i can live with that
But you saying he is gonna be BENCHED J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ because essien is coming back?? Haba
We fans are J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ spectators, and are more drawn to flashy players or goals, but believe me when I say that there is something mikel brings to a team that all chelsea coaches have not been able to ignore, and fans probably don't understand. J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ the
Same way that garba lawal brought something to the nigerian team that fans could not get.
Mikel isn't going anywhere, cos he plays according to coaches instruction (something mourhino loves)....compared to a Luis that does what he feels like on the pitch (somethings fans may love, but Mou hates)

the most sensible post so far
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by Stormborn: 10:51am On Jun 15, 2013
This story is false cus not long ago mikel said he can not wait to work with jose mourinho for the second time. And you guy should not forget that there is no body in chelsea that plays the DM role as good as mikel and don't forget that mourinho made that role for mikel before he left plus chelsea are short of holding midfielders, so sell mikel does not come into the book at all and i know jose will improve him greatly.
Re: Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? by gordonz(m): 10:52am On Jun 15, 2013
hmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala's Club Side Wins Chinese Women’s Super League / Okocha, Nwankwo Kanu On List Of Top 100 Best Foreign English Players / AFCON: Nigeria's Victory Over Egypt Break The Pharaoh's 16-Game Unbeaten Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.