Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,235 members, 7,853,202 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:34 PM

Me And My In Laws - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Me And My In Laws (974 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Me And My In Laws by Ochocinco: 5:00pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hi folks,
I am Nigeria,my wife is from one of our neighboring countries, we met in Europe(still living there)my parents were against our marriage because she is not Nigerian. i have the best in laws in the world, i wish i was born into that family,my problem is that am not close to them,
I hardly call them,anytime i manage to call them, the first question they will ask is, has anything happen to their daughter or their grand daughter. i dont blame them for such questions because i hardly talk to them.
i found out that my major shortcomings is that i dont know what to discuss with them after asking about their health and how they are doing.
We are planning to go and visit them by xmas, maybe it will bring me closer to them, but before then i will like to develop a healthy relationship with them, because they are the nicest people i have interacted with.

Will be happy to receive suggestions and advice on how to go about it.
Re: Me And My In Laws by Nobody: 2:23am On Jun 15, 2013
you are doing very well already.

Are they still working? Ask them about work

Ask about their health

Do they have other children besides your wife? Ask after them

Get the phone numbers of their other children and call them too so that when you talk with your parents-in-law you can say "I spoke with Paul in Accra last week and I am glad he and his family are well "

Talk about any milestones their granddaughter ( your daughter) has achieved example Cindy started school,started to talk,can now write her ABCs.tell them how she is growing up fast.Take and send them recent pictures periodically and if Cindy can speak put her on the phone to say hello.grandparents love that to pieces.

call on mother's and Father's Day to wish them well and send me some little money at those times

Men are not great talkers so the best way is to call when wifey is around.You speak first then hand her the phone.

3 Likes

Re: Me And My In Laws by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 15, 2013
^^^ Nice one Osisi. Couldn't have put it any better.
Re: Me And My In Laws by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 15, 2013
babyosisi: you are doing very well already.

Ask about their health

Get the phone numbers of their other children and call them too so that when you talk with your parents-in-law you can say "I spoke with Paul in Accra last week and I am glad he and his family are well "

Talk about any milestones their granddaughter ( your daughter) has achieved example Cindy started school,started to talk,can now write her ABCs.tell them how she is growing up fast.Take and send them recent pictures periodically and if Cindy can speak put her on the phone to say hello.grandparents love that to pieces.

call on mother's and Father's Day to wish them well and send me some little money at those times

Men are not great talkers so the best way is to call when wifey is around.You speak first then hand her the phone.
I concore!!
Re: Me And My In Laws by Ochocinco: 8:04am On Jun 15, 2013
Thanks babyosisi,really appreciate.
Re: Me And My In Laws by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 15, 2013
babyosisi: you are doing very well already.

Ask about their health

Tanx baby 4 helping us.. Am having d same problem.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Rapes Babies At Daycare / , / "My Pastor Husband Says My Private Part Is Smelling, So I Deny Him Sex"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.