Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,480 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Obuh Discontent With NFF Over Non-payment Of Salaries And Allowances. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obuh Discontent With NFF Over Non-payment Of Salaries And Allowances. (481 Views)

Enyeama Pictured With NFF Leaders After A Closed Door Meeting In Belgium (photo) / Adidas Terminates Contract With NFF / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obuh Discontent With NFF Over Non-payment Of Salaries And Allowances. by camelus: 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
Obuh Discontent With NFF Over Non-Payment Of Salaries And Allowances.
Posted by: Omaku on June 14, 2013
Flying Eagles head coach John Obuh has voiced out his disconsolation over the welfare condition of the team and its technical crew in far away Germany training camp.
The 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Turkey is barely three days away and the team handler is yet unhappy over their lack of concentration, particularly the technical crew.
Speaking from the Flying Eagles camp in Germany on yesterday, Obuh intimated that his family and dependents and that of those of his technical crew members back home are in dire stress following the failure of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to pay up him and his crew’s salary.
He claimed that the NFF also owes them undisclosed backlog of allowances which amounts to millions of naira.
“It is difficult to be saying this because when you open up on some of these things, people may read different meanings to it,” said Obuh. “But I must tell you that my situation and to a large extent too, that of my crew members is not the best.”
“As I speak, nobody is saying anything about our salaries; I am not talking about the backlog which they promised to pay during the African Championship but which nothing has been done about.”
Before the last African Youth Championship, the coach had raised a similar alarm over unpaid salaries which were later settled in part.
The NFF are yet to respond to the claims but had disclosed to the public in recent times that they are cash-strapped.
Source ;
http:///yFCbBzBnqt

(1) (Reply)

Heynckes Confirms Retirement Leaving Bayern / Fixture List For The 2013/14 Barclays Premier League / Loyalty:mikel Still A Chelsea Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.