Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,608 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Truth About The Trinity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truth About The Trinity (573 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / About The Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truth About The Trinity by okeyxyz(m): 9:16am On Jun 15, 2013
All the confusion about this trinity seems to arise from the mystery of the holy-spirit. At least believers are sure of the distinction between the two persons of God the father and god the son(Jesus), but a clarification of the spirit should settle the confusion.

So, first of all: God is spirit. Spirit simply means Mindset or behaviour. Therefore The Holy spirit is the mindset or behaviour of God. It is only by the spirit that godhood is achieved. It is by the spirit that you can identify god if he appears today. You can judge and identify him by what he says and does, not by what he looks like. It is not by whether he's european, african, with or without beards, etc. In other words: not by physical attributes but by his mindset\behaviour(spirit). So when the scriptures says "God is one", It is the spirit that is referred to, ie: There is one spirit\mindset that identifies god and whoever exhibits this mindset is God or Son(follower, worshiper) of God. In short, the most important aspect about god is spiritual(mindset/behaviour) and the rest are just persons who behave according to this spirit.

Now, the father is the First person(and originator) to operate by this spirit and the Son is the one whom the father has revealed\given this spirit to operate by too. Thus, the trinity as far as we know are three entities consisting of two persons(Father and Son) and one mindset(spirit). Simples!!

Oya, make una clap for me. cool
Re: Truth About The Trinity by AbuMikey(m): 9:19am On Jun 15, 2013
Kpa kpa kpa kpa kpa kpa kpa!!! I don clap for you..Shey u don belleful
Re: Truth About The Trinity by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 15, 2013
I'd be lying if I say am happy with these new trinity threads.
I don't see the point in discussing a concept where the proponents and antagonists are already made up on what to agree.
Re: Truth About The Trinity by okeyxyz(m): 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2013
Abu Mikey: Kpa kpa kpa kpa kpa kpa kpa!!! I don clap for you..Shey u don belleful

I need more claps. Dis one never guage me at all.
Re: Truth About The Trinity by okeyxyz(m): 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2013
Reyginus: I'd be lying if I say am happy with these new trinity threads.
I don't see the point in discussing a concept where the proponents and antagonists are already made up on what to agree.

The point is not to convince people for whom this message is not for. I believe people are divinely called\ordained to be partakers of God's knowledge and for this purpose will I share the knowledge. There are people(Including me) out there for whom the two opposing trinity factions don't make any sense. So this is the true exposition of the trinity. Not the position that claims "it is a mystery and god cannot be understood"(take a bow catholics...) nor the position that rejects it for being "mysterious" or whatever reason.
Re: Truth About The Trinity by biafranqueen: 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2013
okeyxyz: All the confusion about this trinity seems to arise from the mystery of the holy-spirit. At least believers are sure of the distinction between the two persons of God the father and god the son(Jesus), but a clarification of the spirit should settle the confusion.

So, first of all: God is spirit. Spirit simply means Mindset or behaviour. Therefore The Holy spirit is the mindset or behaviour of God. It is only by the spirit that godhood is achieved. It is by the spirit that you can identify god if he appears today. You can judge and identify him by what he says and does, not by what he looks like. It is not by whether he's european, african, with or without beards, etc. In other words: not by physical attributes but by his mindset\behaviour(spirit). So when the scriptures says "God is one", It is the spirit that is referred to, ie: There is one spirit\mindset that identifies god and whoever exhibits this mindset is God or Son(follower, worshiper) of God. In short, the most important aspect about god is spiritual(mindset/behaviour) and the rest are just persons who behave according to this spirit.

Now, the father is the First person(and originator) to operate by this spirit and the Son is the one whom the father has revealed\given this spirit to operate by too. Thus, the trinity as far as we know are three entities consisting of two persons(Father and Son) and one mindset(spirit). Simple
Oya, make una clap for me. cool
This is correct clap clap clap clap kiss
Re: Truth About The Trinity by okeyxyz(m): 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
^^^^ Cheers. I'm loving the kisses. I Hope there is actually a woman behind those kisses cheesy

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua - Hated And Crazily Loved / Muhammad (pbuh) The Natural Successor To Christ / End Time Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.