Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

After My Second Attempts I Want To Apply Again To Us Embassy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After My Second Attempts I Want To Apply Again To Us Embassy (1161 Views)

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! / Sweden Student Visa Denied Once. Can I Apply Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After My Second Attempts I Want To Apply Again To Us Embassy by muriitijan(m): 8:29pm On May 07, 2008
I applied through a visa agent for US non immigrant visa in 2003,unfortunately I was denied .This year I applied again using the same name ,date of birth with the hope that they didn't have my informations but I was shocked when the consular asked me what happened to my sister that I wanted to go and visit in 2003 .In my application I claimed that I had not applied b4.I was denied again .Now, my problem is I didn't know the details of the sister the agent claimed I wanted to go and visit then because he did it all for me.This second time I claimed I wanted to go for business.IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR ME FOR FUTURE APPLICATION? I NEED YOUR CANDID ADVICE ON HOW I CAN GO ABOUT MY NEXT APPLICATION.THANKS
Re: After My Second Attempts I Want To Apply Again To Us Embassy by Vicjustice: 10:26pm On May 07, 2008
muriitijan:

I applied through a visa agent for US non immigrant visa in 2003,unfortunately I was denied .This year I applied again using the same name ,date of birth with the hope that they didn't have my informations but I was shocked when the consular asked me what happened to my sister that I wanted to go and visit in 2003 .In my application I claimed that I had not applied before.I was denied again .Now, my problem is I didn't know the details of the sister the agent claimed I wanted to go and visit then because he did it all for me.This second time I claimed I wanted to go for business.IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR ME FOR FUTURE APPLICATION? I NEED YOUR CANDID ADVICE ON HOW I CAN GO ABOUT MY NEXT APPLICATION.THANKS

It's not a good thing for the consular to detect a lie in any given application because the faintest of lies will by no doubt result in refusal.
Now, in your case, the visa officers understands that you lied in the first application by false claim regarding your claim to visit a sister; also in you second application, the visa officer understands that you denied having previously applied for a visa, and more also, on subsequent false intention regarding a business.
Though every visa application is said to be considered in its own merit, but these false declarations definitely will have extreme negative influence on any future applications since the embassy can not trust your intentions. So, in your case, your success chance is very, very, and i mean very slim except you improve your social, economic, family, obligations and financial status beyond reasonable doubt transparent enough to convince the visa officers that what you did before was an juvenile mistake which you've now outgrown, otherwise, keep your passport and use the visa fee for something easier. Goodluck
Re: After My Second Attempts I Want To Apply Again To Us Embassy by travelcare: 7:44pm On May 25, 2008
Vicjustice has said it all. But in my own experience, juvenile mistake is not something to write about. The fact remains that there had been false claims by the applicant, you now have cummulative record of false intention of going to the united states. Now that some are even speculating that the Al Qaeda network has been extended to Nigeria, it could be presumed you are a terrorist which the US dont like in her records. My brother, the best bet is try your luck elsewhere, your previous applications have jeopardised your future chances on getting the US visa. The only hope is the visa lottery, and you can only get it if you declare true, accurate and verifiable information. What you want to achieve in the US can also be better achieved elsewhere around the globe. Best of luck elswhere. The lesson here for you is, try to the indepth of your application whether you do it yourself or done by an agent, always keep records!

Travelcare
Re: After My Second Attempts I Want To Apply Again To Us Embassy by feeldevoe(m): 8:36am On May 28, 2008
Dude, I think your future US visa appplications are screwed because of the differing reasons of your past applications. Would advise u to chill on the US visa for now, and try applying for a visa to the Uk or some other first world country and reapply to the US from there. Goodluck.

(1) (Reply)

Help! / Registration And Runs For Gre, Gmat, Sat And Toefl. / Urgent Help From Justwise For Uk Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.