Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music (18637 Views)

What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? / Olamide Noise Maker Ordered By FG To Include Sub-titles In Music Videos / The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by NubianQ(f): 12:32am On May 08, 2008
I totally love rock music. its has become so addictive, i listen to american bands like , Metallica, Linkin park, Staind, 30 seconds from Mars, seether, Corn,Creed, and many more and strangely i listen to Marilyn Manson.

The other side of me loves Yanni, Classical Music, Native american chants, and EnYA.

i am into weird music of all kinds and i hardly listen to RnB and Nigerian Music,

I have tried listening to Nigerian music in any form but i just dont get it, i can i dentify there is talent but am so hooked on rock.

Is there anyone out there like me, my friends say am weird but I just love rock and the head banging that goes with it.

Holla people
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by dangermous: 12:39am On May 08, 2008
Na naija girls wey no get yansh or breastices na im dey do rock.

If you get something to shake, you for dey listen to Ikechukwu's Wind Am Well.
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by hola2ng(m): 10:29am On May 08, 2008
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by enque(f): 12:39pm On May 08, 2008
@ poster, i feel u. there was a time i neva used to listen to naijerian music at all, but now, some of dem r beginnin to impress me big tyme, nevatheless, its Rock for life,

Big ups to Chad Kroeger!! I luv dat guy's voice wiv a passion,
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by HRhotness(f): 12:47pm On May 08, 2008
NubianQ:

I totally love rock music. its has become so addictive, i listen to american bands like , Metallica, Linkin park, Staind, 30 seconds from Mars, seether, Corn,Creed, and many more and strangely i listen to Marilyn Manson.

The other side of me loves Yanni, Classical Music, Native american chants, and EnYA.

i am into weird music of all kinds and i hardly listen to RnB and Nigerian Music,

I have tried listening to Nigerian music in any form but i just don't get it, i can i dentify there is talent but am so hooked on rock.

Is there anyone out there like me, my friends say am weird but I just love rock and the head banging that goes with it.

Holla people

Girl how is it that we have such similar tastes in so many things (reference to other threads as well)

the albums on my ipod are seether, staind, creed, mettalica, 3 doors down, marilyn manson, enya, linkin park, meatloaf, papa roach and more, some classical (mozart esp), some indie, then very carefully selected nigerian music,,, LOL
I love rock music so much i'm learning to play the electric guitar, (i just love guitar solos)

my brother mistakenly switched ipods for a day (we bothhav d same model and colour) he had a look of confusion on his face when he returned it to me,,, grin
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by dangermous: 6:33pm On May 08, 2008
HR.hotness:

Girl how is it that we have such similar tastes in so many things (reference to other threads as well)

the albums on my ipod are seether, staind, creed, mettalica, 3 doors down, marilyn manson, enya, linkin park, meatloaf, papa roach and more, some classical (mozart esp), some indie, then very carefully selected nigerian music,,, LOL
I love rock music so much i'm learning to play the electric guitar, (i just love guitar solos)

my brother mistakenly switched ipods for a day (we bothhav d same model and colour) he had a look of confusion on his face when he returned it to me,,, grin

No Pink Floyd. No Led Zeppelin.

And on the subject of guitar solos. You must try this Malian blind man called Amadou. He is widely regarded as the best on the planet right now.
Some guy once posted a thread about him on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btbD7HvYAuI

the last two minutes na die.
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by NubianQ(f): 10:23pm On May 08, 2008
HR.hotness:

HR.hotness, we actually have similar tastes, U ACTUALLY LISTEN TO ROCK, wow u are the best chick ever!!!! u totally rock. i fell in love with this band recently called 30 seconds to mars, and lately i have been listening to alot of music from daughtry, wow, we are alike in alot of ways and its nice to know that people like the same things as me, its Fantastic!!!
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by NubianQ(f): 10:26pm On May 08, 2008
we actually like the same things,  totally cool,  people think am super weird but i can't help it!!! i just love rock, i cant play the guitar but i would love to learn.

Led zepplin is cool as well,  do u listen to Evanescence as well? i guess u do,  My Ipod is full of ROCK! ROCK! and more ROCK AND  i actually crush over rock stars, as crazy as they are grin

Enque,

Chad kroeger is Awesome! you should listen to the guys in the bands called staind and The calling,  lately its been Chris daughtry,  gosh! they are so many.
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by benedo(m): 9:20am On May 09, 2008
Yeah, i like U2,Linkin Park, Oasis and of course my favourites Coldplay, check out clocks and speed of sound,

By the way,

Does anybody know Pammy Joe, one fake ass chick doing a rock programme on the TV , she just ovedo's things , with that fake accent, pierced nose and the punk hairstyle and can you biliv this chick collected money to do an audition for guys, sold forms and the so called audition never took place.
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by enque(f): 9:38am On May 09, 2008
@ NubianQ,

YEAH!, I think stained is cool too, d funny thin is dat i dont av a best rock artist cos there r so many to pick from,
chris daughtry is d bomb too,
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by enque(f): 9:42am On May 09, 2008
By the way,

Does anybody  know Pammy Joe,  one fake  ass chick doing a rock programme  on the TV , she just ovedo's things , with that fake accent, pierced nose and the punk hairstyle and can you biliv this chick collected money to do an audition for guys, sold forms and the so called audition never took place.

@ benedo,
yeah, av seen that chic's show on tv, n funny thing is that she's tryin real hard to b a rock queen,  imagine interviewin someone like goldie on d show n askin her about rock songs n d likes,  n goldie was tryin so hard to answer correctly. if u want to do a rock show, i think u shld limit it to rock alone or artists that do somfin close to that n if there r no artistes to interview, then scrap d interview part n just play us rock songs for our listenin pleasure, people would really appreciate that. well i never heard of d audition thing, but if that is true, then that is unfair,
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by HRhotness(f): 10:43am On May 09, 2008
enque:

@ benedo,
yeah, av seen that chic's show on tv, n funny thing is that she's tryin real hard to b a rock queen,  imagine interviewin someone like goldie on d show n askin her about rock songs n d likes,  n goldie was tryin so hard to answer correctly.

Trust nigerians,,, if they can't cut it, they fake it ,,,,,,,, LOL

seriously tho, I'm lovin daughtry,,, d guy can not only sing his HOT too,,,

I'm your quintessential rock chic,,, into heavy metal and base guitars,,,,
Staind is brilliant,,,, the song that got me into him was "For You" on the 14 shades of grey album?absolutely loved the gutar solo,,,
anyone listened to CHAPTER V yet,,, its awawesome  grin

more of my favs
evanescence, nickleback, aerosmith, Nirvana, Bon jovi, U2, limp bizkit, system of a down, POD, puddle of mud, alanis, Foo fighters, REM, ACDC, nine inch nails,,,,

1 Like

Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by tosinadeda: 11:59am On May 09, 2008
weird people
weird thread
===>runs out fast
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by enque(f): 1:09pm On May 09, 2008
tosinadeda:

weird people
weird thread
===>runs out fast

shush!!!!! dats d guy dat started d rock music is satanic thread. good he's gone
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by NubianQ(f): 11:58pm On May 09, 2008
tosinadeda:

weird people
weird thread
===>runs out fast

Rock rules so get a life!!! ask ur self why other artists dont last long after a few hits! Rock is art.
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by Nobody: 12:15am On May 10, 2008
A rock chic here!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy grin

I totally love rock music. its has become so addictive,  i listen to american bands like , Metallica, Linkin park, Staind, 30 seconds from Mars, seether, Corn,Creed, and many more and strangely i listen to Marilyn Manson.

Love all but Marilyn Manson, too devilish for moi shocked angry

Hated when Creed broke up but Alterbridge is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!

My best song from Staind is Far away
30 seconds from Mars--- The kill , my best song

This is my best rock song from Creed cool "One last breath." Check out the strings in the intro, beautiful, brilliant etc. It kept me company in Naija cool

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yY1Nrznh4I&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by tosinadeda: 12:43am On May 10, 2008
NubianQ
so u think uve got a life? Wut a pity!
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by HRhotness(f): 2:18am On May 10, 2008
stillwater:

A rock chic here!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy grin

Love all but Marilyn Manson, too devilish for moi shocked angry

Hated when Creed broke up but Alterbridge is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!

My best song from Staind is Far away
30 seconds from Mars--- Bury me, my best song

This is my best rock song from Creed cool "One last breath." Check out the strings in the intro, beautiful, brilliant etc. It kept me company in Naija cool

Totally love creed, broke my heart when i heard about the breakup
the weathered album was tight, i used to listen to the whole thing at a stretch but Who's got my back was just awesome,,, they never made a video but I thot this went rather well (i suddenly hav a thing for anime and wolfs rain is really good)

the song really kicks off at 4:29 but the first time i heard it i had to stop and listen esp from 5:45

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Syxi1eXIk&hl=en&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00[/flash]
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by Nobody: 9:50am On May 10, 2008
I love rock music smiley Some are pretty good wink
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by HRhotness(f): 12:16am On May 11, 2008
TENACIOUS D - TRIBUTE

one of my fav songs of all time, its playful, funny and with an awesome guitar solo,,,
Tenacious D rocks!!!

[flash=425,355]http://www./swf/xpp5z&v3=1&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value=[/flash]
[quote][/quote]
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by Cadet(f): 12:25am On May 11, 2008
Oh my gawwwd! I love rock music.

H-R, YOU'RE SO RIGHT!! Chris Daughtry can rock. . .the man rox my world grin But Nickleback is my number one, Hinder next!

Does anyone in here listen to Avril Lavigne and All-American rejects? mehhh!1 I love them kiss kiss
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by Cadet(f): 12:30am On May 11, 2008
One of my favs

If Everyone Cared by Nickelback

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLOitzoK0eU&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by HRhotness(f): 12:34am On May 11, 2008
Almost everybody has heard of linkin park and their album meteora is the most successful album in the history of the Modern Rock Tracks chart.

thanks to the collab with Jay-z they crossed over successfully to the mainstream rnb and hip hop world
Common favs are Numb, Somewhere I belong or Easier to Run all realeased as singles and did very well

but my fav is Dont Stay,,,, they never made a video but I found this lovely clip on Youtube grin

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY3VYW1DXH4&hl=en&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name[/flash]
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by HRhotness(f): 12:36am On May 11, 2008
Cadet:

Oh my gawwwd! I love rock music.

H-R, YOU'RE SO RIGHT!! Chris Daughtry can rock. . .the man rox my world grin

grin I know what u mean,,, d dude is all kinds of HOT !!! grin grin grin
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by Nobody: 12:42am On May 11, 2008
TENACIOUS D - TRIBUTE

one of my fav songs of all time, its playful, funny and with an awesome guitar solo,,,
Tenacious D rocks!!!

Geezzzzzz Jack Black's crazy. The first time I heard the song, I was like what? Why the heck did Jack Black ruin a beautiful song with his craziness? cheesy. Imagine giving this song to Chad Kroegar, imagine what he would have done with it . . . grin
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by Nobody: 12:44am On May 11, 2008
Who knows the band "Fuel" by the way? smiley
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by HRhotness(f): 12:49am On May 11, 2008
stillwater:

Geezzzzzz Jack Black's crazy. The first time I heard the song, I was like what? Why the heck did Jack Black ruin a beautiful song with his craziness? cheesy. Imagine giving this song to Chad Kroegar, imagine what he would have done with it . . . grin

I love the song just the way it is,,, its not supposed to be a serious song, listen to the lyrics
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by Cadet(f): 12:51am On May 11, 2008
I love this thread, am youtube-ing all the songs I see here smiley
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by HRhotness(f): 12:52am On May 11, 2008
[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9eXJKI-LVU&hl=en&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00[/flash]

Amy Lee from Evanessence and Seether

This used to be the sound track to my life,,,, sad (not bad) breakup  smiley
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by Cadet(f): 12:55am On May 11, 2008
H-R, what's the name of that song?
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by HRhotness(f): 12:58am On May 11, 2008
Cadet:

H-R, what's the name of that song?

Broken
Re: Rock Chick Seeks People With Same Interests In Music by Cadet(f): 12:59am On May 11, 2008
HR.hotness:

Broken
I loved it, I just listened to it right now, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Headies 2012: List Of Winners / Wizkid's 'essence' Gets Certified Double Platinum In The US / "Sweet Mother" : Nico Mbarga's Historic Hit Song Tribute To Motherhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.