Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 (26552 Views)

Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by landinfo: 1:08am On Jun 17, 2013
ighoosagie: [size=17pt]mk spain no go spoil juan mata leg with dis their negative football,
mouriho is vexing[/size]
There is no talent in spain jus lyk brasil dat don't know how to play tiki-taka footie wit flair, this is not english/epl where brits don't know anytin xcept how to TACKLE (ALONSO even laffed @ english footie)...it may even get to stage should mourinho KILL MATA's style of play, then he loses out @ the NT
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by elrony(m): 1:08am On Jun 17, 2013
Dayokanu u don madt lwkmd..... cheesy grin
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by Diasporan(m): 1:08am On Jun 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

And we were whooped 5-1 by the Dutch team before the game. There was no hope. I had that match tape for a long time. The Spaniards were deadly and Raul kept on striking. To make matters worse Peter Rufai was in poor form.

Jay-Jay clearly got the Spanish midfield tired chasing him. Ikpeba's perseverance also helped. Determination won us that game. I am not writing this our team off against Spain.
We even loosed 3-0 to Yugoslavia if you still remember.Time really flies
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by johnstar(m): 1:08am On Jun 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Okay, you are advising against the Parked bus system and want us to adopt the Park trailer system. cheesy
na draw sure 4 us against spain o, na 2 park brt sure pass dat day cheesy cheesy
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by kolamilan(m): 1:10am On Jun 17, 2013
Diasporan:
Go and watch Nigeria vs Spain 1998 world cup.Spain had one of the best team in the world then though they were underachievers but my bro Jayjay Okocha's dribbling skills against Ivan Campo and Sunday Oliseh's thunder shot made a difference.I see Ahmed Musa making a point against Spain
we are talking about 2013 you are talking history.
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:10am On Jun 17, 2013
Diasporan:
Football is a game of 11 11 players.It doesn't work like that.I still remember our match against Spain in 1998.I almost fainted when the game started but was encouraged by the constant bullying of Goalkeeper Zubizaretta by Victor Ikpeba's continuous ferocious shots.Lets wait the day is near God sparing our lives we will all be here praising em boys cool

I am sure Luis Enrique will never forget that match. I remember during a World Cup build up show, the analyst says that Group D is the Group of Death. Spain will come first and any can come second. At the end Spain came 3rd. cheesy

After that game, my love for Spain started.
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by Nobody: 1:11am On Jun 17, 2013
Iniesta is the official Budweiser Man of the Match

1 Like

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by elrony(m): 1:12am On Jun 17, 2013
kolamilan: we are talking about 2013 you are talking history.
C'mon homie...,sweet memories die hard!!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:13am On Jun 17, 2013
Diasporan:
We even loosed 3-0 to Yugoslavia if you still remember.Time really flies

Yeah That Yugoslavian own was hilarious. The first half ended 1-0. We were wearing white jersey. Second half we changed to Green Jersey saying that the Jersey color was the problem. grin grin grin grin

Second half they scored two goals and Mijatovic wanted to kill Mobi Oparakwu with constant dribbling. The Yugoslavian at NTA Studio started laughing and said we need to recall Emmanuel Amuneke. grin

2 Likes

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:13am On Jun 17, 2013
kolamilan: we are talking about 2013 you are talking history.

He is talking about winning an almost impossible to win match.
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by Diasporan(m): 1:14am On Jun 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I am sure Luis Enrique will never forget that match. I remember during a World Cup build up show, the analyst says that Group D is the Group of Death. Spain will come first and any can come second. At the end Spain came 3rd. cheesy

After that game, my love for Spain started.
Then they had this very pacy player called Alfonso(Elsabio) who paired Raul up front
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by kolamilan(m): 1:14am On Jun 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Any type of Spain. In 1974 (I wasn't born cheesy), before the finals, no one believed the Johan Cruyff dutch team was beatable. When they played Germany in the finals, the first time The Germans touched the ball was when they were picking the ball out of their net. Yet the Germans over came them.

When Barca was totally dominating, in Guardiola's first season. Guus Hiddink almost knocked them out. Guardiola even conceded defeat before Iniesta scored the winner.

They are difficult to beat, not impossible.
am not saying they are unbeatable but not with the team we have at hand.
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by landinfo: 1:15am On Jun 17, 2013
Diasporan:
Go and watch Nigeria vs Spain 1998 world cup.Spain had one of the best team in the world then though they were underachievers but my bro Jayjay Okocha's dribbling skills against Ivan Campo and Sunday Oliseh's thunder shot made a difference.I see Ahmed Musa making a point against Spain
guy dat waz then when the players had flair wit dribbles BUT not this tiki-taka brand of footie & rememba dat wud hav ended in a draw if not 4 zubi's error
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by Nobody: 1:15am On Jun 17, 2013
Keshi will have to adopt a 4-2-3-1 formation against Spain. Mikel and Ogude will have to do the defensive midfield work.

1 Like

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:15am On Jun 17, 2013
Diasporan:
Then they had this very pacy player called Alfonso(Elsabio) who paired Raul up front

with his white boots and could play both wings. He was really amazing that day. Even more than Enrique. Gave Celestine Babayaro a tough test.
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by otokx(m): 1:16am On Jun 17, 2013
We have not finished with tahiti, we are talking of spain which is our last match. Hmmmmmm
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:17am On Jun 17, 2013
kolamilan: am not saying they are unbeatable but not with the team we have at hand.

With this team, we can. It just takes good strategy.
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by kolamilan(m): 1:18am On Jun 17, 2013
elrony:
C'mon homie...,sweet memories die hard!!!! grin grin
well anything can happen.

2 Likes

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by elrony(m): 1:18am On Jun 17, 2013
CFCfan: Keshi will have to adopt a 4-2-3-1 formation against Spain. Mikel and Ogude will have to do the defensive midfield work.

Nice strategy sha buh can our boys be able to absorb high pressure from d spaniards??....
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by Diasporan(m): 1:18am On Jun 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

with his white boots and could play both wings. He was really amazing that day. Even more than Enrique. Gave Celestine Babayaro a tough test.
Not only Babayaro what of Mobi Okparaku?

1 Like

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by elrony(m): 1:19am On Jun 17, 2013
kolamilan: well anything can happen.

Yess bro....na so!!!!
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by kolamilan(m): 1:19am On Jun 17, 2013
Nairaland=info:

guy dat waz then when the players had flair wit dribbles BUT not this tiki-taka brand of footie & rememba dat wud hav ended in a draw if not 4 zubi's error
that's what am talking about.
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by elrony(m): 1:20am On Jun 17, 2013
otokx: We have not finished with tahiti, we are talking of spain which is our last match. Hmmmmmm

Lol eyes on d big meat na.... grin
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:20am On Jun 17, 2013
Diasporan:
Not only Babayaro what of Mobi Okparaku?

That match was crazy. Well let us hope these boys make us proud again. I think we can be a surprise team in this tournament.

2 Likes

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by kolamilan(m): 1:22am On Jun 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

With this team, we can. It just takes good strategy.
good strategy how ?
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:23am On Jun 17, 2013
Nairaland=info:

I agree the talents of the Nigerian team then was immense with the likes of Jay-Jay, Finidi, Kanu, Ikpeba, Taribo, Celestine, Mobi and many more but the Spanish team played Tiki Taka then. They were gifted but Passion and determination made us succeed.

If these our boys can believe in themselves and follow instructions from the Technical crew. I believe we can be a surprise package in this tourney.
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by elrony(m): 1:26am On Jun 17, 2013
At dis juncture I'd have to give in to dis babe called sleep.....Gud'nite n gud morning to all ya!!!...peace grin

[size=4pt]i dey contest for mr nairaland later 2day...make una vote м̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣ [/size]

1 Like

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by Diasporan(m): 1:27am On Jun 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

That match was crazy. Well let us hope these boys make us proud again. I think we can be a surprise team in this tournament.
Lets pray Akpalla,Anthony Ujah,Brown Ideye and co will replicate that same fit.Let me go get ready to watch my team San Antonio spurs in the NBA finals versus Miami Heat.I didn't see my friend Shymmexx today perhaps he is getting prepared to resume the ever busy London stress on Monday.Fam we will meet here tomorrow God willing.

2 Likes

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:27am On Jun 17, 2013
kolamilan: good strategy how ?

For instance, if our players don't go in groups while fighting for the ball but sending only a person.

Maintain our shape and not want the ball immediately. The key to beating this tiki taka boys is knowing that they have never had a 100% possession and they can concede goals.

When we have our own chances, our attacking players shouldn't have contributed much defensively and must be strong enough to counter.

1 Like

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:28am On Jun 17, 2013
kolamilan: good strategy how ?

As long as we maintain our shape and don't contribute too much players running around to win the ball, we will be fine.

I can't believe I am talking against tiki taka I love. sad

1 Like

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by kolamilan(m): 1:39am On Jun 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

For instance, if our players don't go in groups while fighting for the ball but sending only a person.

Maintain our shape and not want the ball immediately. The key to beating this tiki taka boys is knowing that they have never had a 100% possession and they can concede goals.

When we have our own chances, our attacking players shouldn't have contributed much defensively and must be strong enough to counter.
i understand you but you know that attackers cannot be effective unless we have a mid fielder that can assist them and supply with passes.
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:46am On Jun 17, 2013
kolamilan: i understand you but you know that attackers cannot be effective unless we have a mid fielder that can assist them and supply with passes.

Mikel can deliver the ball from deep. That won't be a problem. Mikel's long balls are accurate. If we win the ball, the attackers just have to find spaces that will be opened due to the high line of the Spanish defense and wait to receive the ball from Mikel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Russia 2018 Quarter Final: Amazing Facts You Should See / Eberechi Eze Signs 5-Year Deal With Crystal Palace / FIFA Announces New World Rankings, Belgium Remains Top

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.