Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 - Sports (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 (26504 Views)

Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by Omobarca: 2:12am On Jun 17, 2013
CFCfan: Keshi will have to adopt a 4-2-3-1 formation against Spain. Mikel and Ogude will have to do the defensive midfield work.
Ogude? Really? They need strong and very fast players to have any chance of a draw against spain. Ogude's slower than an infant. THEY should also work on counter-attacking the spaniards.
WITH A TYPICAL AFRICAN FOOTBALL, SUPER EAGLES WILL WALK OVER THE WORLD CHAMPS!

1 Like

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by Rossikk(m): 2:17am On Jun 17, 2013
Super Eagles need to hustle the ball off the Spaniards. Don't give them chance to play that their tiki taka nonsense. Harass them off the ball and use our skill and speed to finish them off.
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by Omobarca: 2:23am On Jun 17, 2013
Rossikk: Super Eagles need to hustle the ball off the Spaniards. Don't give them chance to play that their tiki taka nonsense. Harass them off the ball and use our skill and speed to finish them off.
No team on earth can stop that tiki taka game. Not with xavi, iniesta on that team.
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:26am On Jun 17, 2013
Rossikk: Super Eagles need to hustle the ball off the Spaniards. Don't give them chance to play that their tiki taka nonsense. Harass them off the ball and use our skill and speed to finish them off.

If you go at them, you create space they use to penetrate and get their goals. It is about maintaining your shape. Not necessarily defending deep but maintaining your position. When once a gap is created or you start pursuing for the ball. They keep passing and wait for you to tire out.

1 Like

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by tosomaju(m): 4:22am On Jun 17, 2013
*praying*8-)
pls God, Spain should not win us with more than two goals margin. We don't want more disgrace than wat happened in Namibia.
I would av prayed that SE should win the game against Spain, but ur word says that faith can move mountain not sun.
O'lord we know that the NFF don't av money to pay if the SE wins or draw tahiti, and this would be more disgraceful than losing. In that case let them lose by just one goal margin.
Finally Lord, any nairalander that will insult me for praying, let NEPA take his/her light and his/her generator spoil anytime the SE is playing.

2 Likes

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by ddippset(m): 7:18am On Jun 17, 2013
harass them off the ball? just like madrid used to do to barca? and when you get the red card you begin to talk about conspiracies?

1 Like

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by Krasid(m): 7:55am On Jun 17, 2013
Thank God suarez scored.I was expecting a bite until he scored.grin

1 Like

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by PedroJP(m): 7:56am On Jun 17, 2013
nairalanders !!! Na funny characters full here. See hilarious comments and counter-comments especially those bad mouths. I will advise HBP patients to always visit nairaland forum.
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by jidexpet(m): 8:47am On Jun 17, 2013
La furia Roja are still team to beat
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by brightosayahoo(m): 8:58am On Jun 17, 2013
Spanish team is a difficult team to beat in this current football world.. you saw what they played yesterday.. THta was a fantastic play ...
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by Sezua(m): 8:59am On Jun 17, 2013
Omo_barca:
No team on earth can stop that tiki taka game. Not with xavi, iniesta on that team.
bayern did...some seasons ago inter did
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by Sike(m): 9:14am On Jun 17, 2013
Hats off for that Suarez goal.

1 Like

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by ralfo85(m): 9:47am On Jun 17, 2013
Who says the spain game will not be dominated by The super eagles? I believe Super eagles will win this competition, beating the likes of spain, brazil and name who

1 Like

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by emiye(m): 9:53am On Jun 17, 2013
Nigeria must win the match against Tahiti, and must score as many goals as possible, I have a very funny feeling our qualification from Group B,will be hinged on goals difference
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by Omobarca: 10:16am On Jun 17, 2013
Sezua: bayern did...some seasons ago inter did
They still TIKI-TAKA'd, bayern only got complete control of the game by the 5-man tackling sh1t.
Even while losing barca still Tiki takad, it was just limited due to dead morale of d team.
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by fujirice: 10:21am On Jun 17, 2013
OmoEziokwu: Official attendance for today's match --- 41, 705.
This is the smallest of the stadiums hosting the Confederations Cup.
STADIA not "stadiums"! Thank you!
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by niytej(m): 10:30am On Jun 17, 2013
bboiabb: SUAREZZ!!!!!!!!!!
*spoted* biter of all biters kiss kiss
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by OmoEziokwu: 12:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
fujirice:

Lol smiley
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by OmoEziokwu: 12:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
fujirice:

Dictionary.com:
sta·di·um [stey-dee-uhm]
noun, plural sta·di·ums, sta·di·a [-dee-uh]
1. A sports arena, usually oval or horseshoe-shaped, with tiers of seats for spectators.
2. An ancient Greek course for foot races, typically semicircular, with tiers of seats for spectators.
SOURCE: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stadium

Grammarist.com:
Stadia vs. stadiums
Both stadia and stadiums are accepted plurals of stadium. Neither is right or wrong, but stadiums is far more common. This is the case throughout the English-speaking world, and it has been for several decades.

English-speakers are not required to know the rules of Latin grammar, and most Latin-derived words with long histories in English are now pluralized in the English manner. We do still prefer some Latin plurals by convention, however, but stadia is not one of them. Besides, stadia has its own meanings unrelated to stadium (i.e., a telescopic instrument used to measure distances, plus several related definitions), so keeping it separate might be useful.

EXAMPLES

Stadia as the plural of stadiums seems most widespread in Indian-English publications such as these:

-- Regardless of this, pre-pubescent and pre-menopausal audiences will kill for tickets and standing-room at the stadia. [Times of India]

-- Director Sports Pargat Singh said there would be ten games for which matches would be held at various stadia across Punjab. [Indian Express]

It also appears occasionally elsewhere—for example:

-- The truth is that you could say the same of pro football stadia anywhere. [NJ.com]

-- The Middle East country was too small, it has just one major city and no big football stadia. [Yorkshire Post]

But stadiums, as it appears below, prevails throughout most of the English-speaking world:

For a while, NFL stadiums were sweet on suites. [Chicago Sun-Times]

In the shadow of one of the most iconic stadiums in football lies a depressing picture of dereliction. [Telegraph]

There are even more impressive efforts at energy-saving in sports stadiums around the world. [National Geographic]

She campaigned for female fans to be allowed to enter stadiums. [Guardian]

The issue of public subsidies for corporate-owned stadiums and arenas has been a source of contentious debate nationwide for years. [Los Angeles Times]
SOURCE: http://grammarist.com/usage/stadiums-stadia/

I hope you are now sorted mate? Thank you. wink
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by caprini: 12:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
kolamilan: obaobona ko omigbona ni.

cheesy who be dis?u go pay my medical bills,for my hurting ribs.#still laughing.....
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by caprini: 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
brightosa@yahoo:
Spanish team is a difficult team to beat in this current football world.. you saw what they played yesterday.. THta was a fantastic play ...
Spain cant beat Nigeria.quote me.
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by cyberthief(m): 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
Pray we win 2nite match 1st b4 u start tinking of battling wit d real futbol(spain)
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by jibsai(m): 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
I want to say...spain/nigeria match will turn out to be a mere novelty game cos by then we will be sitting on a comfortable 6points (I dare anyone to take a bet) we saw an Uruguay team heavily dependent on suarez freekicks and runs...what about their GK and d rest...I put it to any1 here on paper player for player who in dat uruguay is better/superior to our guys(some of whom have played against d very best in d world) From back to front((ofcos we saw how good URU were against ghana in WC 2010) buh not dis team, its a shadow of dat 2010 team and dat which won copa america, they are fumbling in qualifiers at the moment, they are old, loosing pace, Gk is shaking common guys lugano still dey play in dz team naa even forlan haha! dz fellas have passed their prime! Nigeria we have all players below 30 oldest bin enyeama. We got mad energy, never say die attitude(we showed in calabar and Namibia), yet to loose in 17matches including en Route lifting d afcon and after, feel free to counter me tho, this is a true reality...Uru should be scared not us...spain should be wary of the threat we possess...we are a team dat don't concede much (1 or 2) spain don't score much either...Go eagles Go

1 Like

Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by ddippset(m): 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
jibsai: I want to say...spain/nigeria match will turn out to be a mere novelty game cos by then we will be sitting on a comfortable 6points (I dare anyone to take a bet) we saw an Uruguay team heavily dependent on suarez freekicks and runs...what about their GK and d rest...I put it to any1 here on paper player for player who in dat uruguay is better/superior to our guys(some of whom have played against d very best in d world) From back to front((ofcos we saw how good URU were against ghana in WC 2010) buh not dis team, its a shadow of dat 2010 team and dat which won copa america, they are fumbling in qualifiers at the moment, they are old, loosing pace, Gk is shaking common guys lugano still dey play in dz team naa even forlan haha! dz fellas have passed their prime! Nigeria we have all players below 30 oldest bin enyeama. We got mad energy, never say die attitude(we showed in calabar and Namibia), yet to loose in 17matches including en Route lifting d afcon and after, feel free to counter me tho, this is a true reality...Uru should be scared not us...spain should be wary of the threat we possess...we are a team dat don't concede much (1 or 2) spain don't score much either...Go eagles Go
so you want to use uruguay versus spain to judge nigeria versus uruguay? i bet uruguay would be 5-0 up against tahiti by now! if we play against spain we will not see 30% of the ball, then other people will tell you that'judging by what we saw in the game nigeria against spain, nigeria is ........bla bla bla'
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by collynzo2(m): 1:39pm On Jun 18, 2013
nnasino: Uruguay 1 spain 0
Your prediction will be wrong again, like the one you did below. Hungryman.
nnasino: Uruguay 1 spain 0
Re: Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 by jibsai(m): 1:53pm On Jun 18, 2013
ddippset: so you want to use uruguay versus spain to judge nigeria versus uruguay? i bet uruguay would be 5-0 up against tahiti by now! if we play against spain we will not see 30% of the ball, then other people will tell you that'judging by what we saw in the game nigeria against spain, nigeria is ........bla bla bla'

Goin into dz second match, who holds advantage? NgA, why? We hv 3points +5 goals difference, Uru 0point, -1 goal diff...u tell me who will com out more? Who will be more cautious? Who will try harder! URU will wanna com out and win, dey will do errfin dey can...ma bliv is nga will be calm in their build up, play frm d flanks, Hold ball in middile thru deep playin playmarker of mikel approach! Dat guy has a way of imposing himself on games @ bigger stage...nga will b more discipline in their markings and will use all available tactics to frustrate Uru...I sincerely trust ma gut dat URu in not in our class, I saw d match against spain again and I hv to say dey only depend on heavily on their attackin prowess (if suarez fails to connect dey long 4 ball) I hav to also say cavani is good, buh I am yet to see him super fly b4 evn in napoli shirt, buh I kno he can score well...3points awaits nigeria against uru don't care how or when/// ma believe*

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Little Nigerian Wonder Boy Shows Off His Football Skills(Video) / Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees / How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.