Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,034 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Don't Fear The Devil! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Fear The Devil! (438 Views)

Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? / Tithes - Are Pastors Frightened That If Christians Don't Fear They Will Not Pay / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Fear The Devil! by sidespin: 5:52am On Jun 16, 2013
DONT FEAR THE DEVIL

I understand that the devil has power; he can do some things. That's not unscriptural. God led Israel out of Egypt, Aaron threw down his rod and the Pharaoh's magicians threw down their rods, and all of the rods became serpents (Exod. 7:11). Those magicians were of the occult. They matched miracle for miracle up to a point.

But here is something I like: Aaron's serpent swallowed up the rest of them! So don't be concerned with what the devil might do. We can swallow up his works in the Name of Jesus! Hallelujah!

Some years ago, I read about a Pentecostal woman missionary who was ministering in Africa during the '30s. She was left alone in the mission station for several days because of a shortage of workers. During that time, the witch doctor of the village challenged her. He wanted to get rid of her. He told her, "I'll do a bigger miracle than you, and if I do, you must leave town — close the mission down and leave us alone.

But if you do a bigger miracle than I do, we'll all follow your God." She didn't know what to do. Actually, she didn't want to do anything, she was so afraid. She wished that the other missionary were there; he would know what to do.

But the little flock who had been saved by their ministry encouraged her to accept the challenge, and she didn't want to let them down. She thought, Lord, what am I going to do? What kind of miracle can I do? They met at the Little mission church. The witch doctor placed himself flat on the floor, lying down, and entered into a state of meditation during the next 45 minutes.

Suddenly he began to rise off the floor. He hung suspended in the air, as high as the pulpit, stretched out like a two-by-four plank where everybody could see him. The woman missionary thought, Dear God, how am I going to top that? What in the world am I going to do? Suddenly the Spirit of God came upon her (when the anointing comes upon you, sometimes you'll act without thinking), and she ran up to the witch doctor, laid her hands on his head, and said, "Come out of him, devil, in the Name of Jesus!"

He hit the floor like a sack of salt, got up, ran down the aisle and out the door. You see, she swallowed up his miracle! The witch doctor came back a week later and said, "I've lost my power. I can't do anything anymore." He wound up getting saved and filled with the Holy Spirit!

Our thinking is too small. If we'll grow spiritually, we'll realize God can keep us. He wants people to grow spiritually so they can stand on their own two feet. He wants them to take their place in Christ, knowing the Name of Jesus belongs to them as much as it does to the preacher or evangelist. We need to realize that in our everyday combat — on the job, at home, wherever we are — we're facing these spirits. We have a right to use the Name of Jesus wherever we are. We can put the devil on the run! (Kenneth E. Hagin)

(1) (Reply)

U Are The Reason Lucifer Is Not Killed Or Destroyed / How To Remain Current And Take Sure Steps (1) / Reason(s) To Re-marry Outside Death After Divorce ? Christain Views

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.