Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,564 members, 7,955,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:41 PM

Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? (7016 Views)

26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore / Where Do You Stand On The Supernatural? / Do We Love Or Fear God ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Loveaflame(m): 8:04am On Nov 09, 2012
This question came to mind as I thought about all the evils in the world especially in Nigeria. Many know the supernatural controls the natural. Yet we don't take the pain to learn about it. Hardly do churches this day talk about demons, witches, warlocks, marine spirits, occults etc. Yet, many are in bondage to these forces.

I have been a victim before. Those who do are considered freaks or deluded. The many unmarried singles, chaotic marriages, myterious illnesses, hardship in the midst of abundance, early and mysterious deaths, confusion and frustrations etc.testify to these supernatural forces. Many fear the unknown, but Nigeria is a case study that many things are spiritually wrong. Instead of us to take time to learn about the supernatural, we just ignore or due to fear pretend it is irrelevant or obsolate. WHY THIS, DEAR NAIRALANDERS?
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by k2039: 8:52am On Nov 09, 2012
I disagree that most of our problems are spiritual.

Most of our problems are due to stupidity and ignorance as a indivual and as a nation.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Loveaflame(m): 9:58am On Nov 09, 2012
You may disagree but that does not counsel the facts on ground.Something is in control.If not the many choatic situiations in this country will not be.
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Sirniyeh(m): 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
k2039: I disagree that most of our problems are spiritual.

Most of our problems are due to stupidity and ignorance as a indivual and as a nation.
God bless you. I second your point.
The primary problem of man is self. Our MIND is the spiritual estate of our lives. Witches and wizzards dont trouble you if you dont violate the law of nature.
Many churches dont tell the truth anymore. They preach demons, they make people imagine demons, they create the fear of demons in people mind(the fools).
Now you hear warfare prayer, prayer against mountain, prayers against witches and wizzards. There are thousands of churches where they daily curse witches and wizzard and command holy ghost fire to consume them, ever since independence. Now, how many times do you walk the streets and found numbers of witches lie dead. All na extortion

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Mavrick2012: 3:33pm On Nov 09, 2012
@op,90% of d reasons u gave as evidence to prove d existence of d supanatural can simply b link to d economy of a givin con3:fustratn,singles,early death,siknes etc
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Loveaflame(m): 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
Your opinion though.The fact still remain that humans behave abnormally.The mnd in its ordinary state knows what is right.But under supernatural influence will do what is wrong.Or how do you explain how the people who kill the Aluu 4 behaved on that day?Or our leaders who steal our money and make life hard for people?Or how for instance the PhD holder who died a pauper and by the refuse dump or so.The rate o wickedness,immoralities and social vices.Something out o the ordinary is at work.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by k2039: 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2012
Loveaflame: Something is in control
Stupidity is in control
Most people are just silly by default

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Mavrick2012: 7:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
My guy,goin by ur reasons 4d existence of d supanatural u implyin dat dey only exist witin poor climes but nt in d developd contries.i wil advice u to go n study d various kinds of MENTAL DISORDERS expecialy psychotic disorder.their is NOTHING like supernatural,spiritual,revelatn(except in d metaphoric sence),just mere psycology or mentality.al dis tins ar hallucinatn conjured out of d figment of d imaginatn.bros open ur mind n undastand dat poverty is an infectn dat can asume difrent dimentns even ur "supernatural".LOL

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by dhtml(m): 8:28pm On Nov 09, 2012
Loveaflame: This question came to mind as I thought about all the evils in the world especially in Nigeria.Many know the supernatural controls the natural.Yet we don't take the pain to learn about it.Hardly do churches this day talk about demons,witches,warlocks,marine spirits,occults etc.Yet,many are in bondage to these forces.Been a victim before.Those who do are considered freaks or deluded.The many unmarried singles,chaotic marriages,myterious illnesses,hardship in the midst of abundance,early and mysterious deaths,confusions and frustrations etc.testify to these supernatural forces.Many fear the unknown.But Nigeria is a case study that many things are spiritually wrong.Instead of us to take time to learn about the supernatural,we just ignore or due to fear pretend it is irrelevant or obsolate.WHY THIS,DEAR NAIRALANDERS?
This is very interesting, let us add to the list, how come churches dont preach about:
1. New world order,
2. Aluminati (illuminati)
3. UFOs/Aliens
4. Many others

It is very simple, THE CHURCHES ARE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT THE PRICE OF GARRI IN THE MARKET. NA SUPERNATURAL GO GIVE ME FOOD

THE BASIC PROBLEMS OF MAN IS: FOOD, CLOTHING AND SHELTER,
THE BASIC PROBLEMS OF NIGERIANS: GARRI, OKRIKA AND ROOF-OVER-HEAD?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Loveaflame(m): 9:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
Some people can be so strange when it comes to real issues.Put the church aside,Africans believe in the supernatural.That is for real.We were and still many are idol worhippers by nature.You can't deny the facts that people still worship these gods or goddesses today.Except you are living on another planet.How do you explain ritual killings for money?Even in the developed world a lot of mysterious things go on there also.If you don't believe in the supernatural,then do this,go to your father's village and destroy their village shrine secretly and wait for the repercussion.Evil spirits are real.I have seen them many times.We should stop deceiving ourselves with the socalled Western Education we have been brainwashed with.No fear of God again in the nation.No wonder someone said we should let our leaders swear with Ogun(god of iron) or Sango(god of thunder),than with Bible or Quran.They will sit tight because they fear those ones than God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Mavrick2012: 10:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
Loveaflame: Some people can be so strange when it comes to real issues.Put the church aside,Africans believe in the supernatural.That is for real.We were and still many are idol worhippers by nature.You can't deny the facts that people still worship these gods or goddesses today.Except you are living on another planet.How do you explain ritual killings for money?Even in the developed world a lot of mysterious things go on there also.If you don't believe in the supernatural,then do this,go to your father's village and destroy their village shrine secretly and wait for the repercussion.Evil spirits are real.I have seen them many times.We should stop deceiving ourselves with the socalled Western Education we have been brainwashed with.No fear of God again in the nation.No wonder someone said we should let our leaders swear with Ogun(god of iron) or Sango(god of thunder),than with Bible or Quran.They will sit tight because they fear those ones than God.
am certain dis is in respons 2my coment.broe,d more u coment d more u sound dimwited.i know a lot of ppl who hav destroyd their village "idol" n go scot free.if anytin tragic had coinsidentaly happend 2 dem it would hav been atributd to d "idol",anoda case of brainwork n coincidence.notice i put quotatn mark on d idol because i dnt concor wit brainwashd africans who worship n die 4 importd/foreign religion bt refer 2 their's as "fetish" or "idol worshipin".d whiteman takes d "idol" to his mesuem n b makin money.mind u,d whiteman who introduced xtianity/islam 2u has long abandond dem because science/logic/superio aguement has opend his eyes to d fact dat ur xtianity/islam/supanatural are all deceptn n fallacy.pls get a life
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by dhtml(m): 3:51am On Nov 10, 2012
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Trex73(m): 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
I just want to comment on this, for sometime i have been out of this forum,and the reason is that some of us are not really willing to learn and argue constructively, I have learnt a lot from this forum but some are just static in their belief and not ready to know more, truth be told, I follow magick and I am familiar with a lot of this in magick/spirituality, either from the bible or other religions, everything is being ruled/controlled spiritually.
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by pastormustwacc: 1:46am On Nov 11, 2012
^^^That is great. I follow like so many things at the same time, with an open mind.
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Callotti: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
Fear:
Because, they are superstitious and have the least IQ!
Poverty too! kiss

Ignore:
I definitely ignore.
Too intelligent for that kinda bullshyte!
I don't do the power of 'negative' thoughts in my life! kiss
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by 50calibre(m): 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2012
Mavrick2012: am certain dis is in respons 2my coment.broe,d more u coment d more u sound dimwited.i know a lot of ppl who hav destroyd their village "idol" n go scot free.if anytin tragic had coinsidentaly happend 2 dem it would hav been atributd to d "idol",anoda case of brainwork n coincidence.notice i put quotatn mark on d idol because i dnt concor wit brainwashd africans who worship n die 4 importd/foreign religion bt refer 2 their's as "fetish" or "idol worshipin".d whiteman takes d "idol" to his mesuem n b makin money.mind u,d whiteman who introduced xtianity/islam 2u has long abandond dem
because science/logic/superio aguement has opend his eyes to d fact dat ur xtianity/islam/supanatural are all deceptn n fallacy.pls get a life

Stop talking non-sense young man! The developed world haven't abandoned christianity or islam, religion is still an integral part of the constitution of various developed nations.

For the fact science and technology has come a long way doesnt mean you should be stupid or too blind to see the obvious, because even if you dont believe in the supernatural, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There is mysticism, metaphysics, theology etc and all these are recognized.
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2012
majority need something to believe in and blame their problems on.. simples
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by kunlekunle: 2:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
king sunny Ade song goes.......

kini n be nigbo ton dun mauru mauru

bi o pani., ko pani, bi ko pani ko madun mauru mo.

what is it that troubles/terrifies us
if it can devour us so be it,
if not let it refrain from this harrasment.

the historical fact behind the song was that a sound was been echoed by some trees around at night,
the sound was strange and terrifying, the elders after consultation was told the gods required nothing from them, they should seek solution themselves.
they decided to go to the bush to confront the devil, there they saw it was a wild beast. they killed it and feasted on it.

What am saying is nigerian problem is not spiritual.
solution is DIY.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2012
Because there's NOTTHING like the Supernatural. It's all in your head. The moment all these (you) uber-religious folks stop blaming the so-called "supernatural" and start taking responsibility for their (your) actions, the better the world will be. Again! It's all in your head!!!!!!
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by misreal(m): 2:22pm On Nov 11, 2012
U ppl dat r calling supernatural tinz stupidity.if God exist it means satan exist.if satan exist it means his allies which r demons exist.if u tink demons does nt exist y r u guys scared of coming out at night.dnt deny it cos i knw u guys will deny it.hell is real pips repent
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by afroxyz: 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2012
Loveaflame: Some people can be so strange when it comes to real issues.Put the church aside,Africans believe in the supernatural.That is for real.We were and still many are idol worhippers by nature.You can't deny the facts that people still worship these gods or goddesses today.Except you are living on another planet.How do you explain ritual killings for money?Even in the developed world a lot of mysterious things go on there also.If you don't believe in the supernatural,then do this,go to your father's village and destroy their village shrine secretly and wait for the repercussion.Evil spirits are real.I have seen them many times.We should stop deceiving ourselves with the socalled Western Education we have been brainwashed with.No fear of God again in the nation.No wonder someone said we should let our leaders swear with Ogun(god of iron) or Sango(god of thunder),than with Bible or Quran.They will sit tight because they fear those ones than God.
So the Europeans that you borrowed christianity from nevet at one time worshipped idols? Idol worshippers by nature my ass!!
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by inspirizu(m): 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2012
ℓ☺ℓ cheesy @dis Topic..... It made me to Remember a thread like dat a witch came online and ish.........

Bur rilly its the spiritual dat controls the physical, witches wizards Demons General G.O.D. (The Grand commander of the Universe) all these and many more exist
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by catchcold1(m): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
First,exept one has some form of powers(fromGod or from d devil)...u cannot define what happens in d metaphysical.Hence,whatever knowledge u av about d supernatural is either logical(as often d case) or as stated above.
Secondly,Nigerians dont ignore d supernatural,rada we believe in "our own supreme being"...every individual has one.
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2012
The reason is fear of unknown. Supernatural and supranatural beings are on a different energy frequency than humanoids. I have seen ghosts. I have seen myself as an astral being of light walking in the dark with the third eye radiation beam of light as bright as car headlamp. I thought I was a witch but I wasn't, I was simply on the astral body roaming my compound. I have stopped mystical vulture that visited my premises. If you think there is nothing supernatural, then you are not truly intelligent cos the physical life is the negative duality of the positive universe.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by elewedu(m): 2:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
Omode omo ogun oun pe le fo....the little child sees a charm and calls it vegetable. Those who think spirituality doesn't exist, u ♓ανε read way too much, and it has obviously made u sober. It is when u ♓ανε problems that defies physical solutions you will knw that awon iya mi "oshoronga" exists. I pray say ina no enter there one chance oooooo.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by dnawah(m): 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2012
Loveaflame: This question came to mind as I thought about all the evils in the world especially in Nigeria. Many know the supernatural controls the natural. Yet we don't take the pain to learn about it. Hardly do churches this day talk about demons, witches, warlocks, marine spirits, occults etc. Yet, many are in bondage to these forces.

I have been a victim before. Those who do are considered freaks or deluded. The many unmarried singles, chaotic marriages, myterious illnesses, hardship in the midst of abundance, early and mysterious deaths, confusion and frustrations etc.testify to these supernatural forces. Many fear the unknown, but Nigeria is a case study that many things are spiritually wrong. Instead of us to take time to learn about the supernatural, we just ignore or due to fear pretend it is irrelevant or obsolate. WHY THIS, DEAR NAIRALANDERS?
porter tell me,how did u come out of it?where u deliver by a man of God.u may be saving someone now
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by holusormi(m): 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2012
hmnnnn,i really pity these boys and girls saying the supernatural/spiritual does not exist,, it's either u are purposely denying it just to raise arguments or u are simply blind (blind as bats)......i really don't want to go into long stories,u just checkout a public secondary school in your area and see what those students do whenever there is a riot,, in my very presence,a dude whipped a policeman with a broomstick and guess what happened ??...the policeman started convulsing and his tounge started elongating.....d tin no funny at all and when the boy said a few things,d policeman stopped the convulsions and he became normal, have u guys not heard/seen magun(thunderbolt) in action believe me lads,, the supernatural does exist!!!
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by mrrock: 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2012
Science acknowledges it does not know everything. There are many unseen and unknown forces. The fact you are able to use a mobile phone should tell you there are unseen forces out there. Science have only discovered few!.
The only thing I don't believe is that supernatural is outside of nature. I strongly believe nothing exists outside of nature whether you can see it or not!.
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by bright007(f): 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2012
mrrock: Science acknowledges it does not know everything. There are many unseen and unknown forces. The fact you are able to use a mobile phone should tell you there are unseen forces out there. Science have only discovered few!.
The only thing I don't believe is that supernatural is outside of nature. I strongly believe nothing exists outside of nature whether you can see it or not!.
...[color=blue]the gravity of ignorance on this thread is really increasing per seconds!..
@ first bolded:pls elaborate more on this
@second bolded:This is ignorance at its peak.
Why are u comparing electromagnetic waves with spiritual forces?
The electromagnetic spectrum is responsible for bluetooth technology,phone calls,radio signals,internet etc...It is not controlled by the spiritual nor is it a spiritual entity.
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by lekkie073(m): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2012
africans and delusional thoughts....#smh
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by salt1: 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2012
Loveaflame: Your opinion though.The fact still remain that humans behave abnormally.The mnd in its ordinary state knows what is right.But under supernatural influence will do what is wrong.Or how do you explain how the people who kill the Aluu 4 behaved on that day?Or our leaders who steal our money and make life hard for people?Or how for instance the PhD holder who died a pauper and by the refuse dump or so.The rate o wickedness,immoralities and social vices.Something out o the ordinary is at work.
I believe in God, the source of every good and perfect gift. Satan and his angels represent the forces of darkness. But man is a free moral agent. Just as God cannot force you to be good, neither can Satan force you to do evil deeds.
My argument is that u can't just blame devils/demons/witches for the evils that men do. Man isn't a puppet. He is a willing perpetrator and must bear the consequences of his actions.
Churches shdn't preach or study demons. They shd preach Christ and His power that enables people to live righteous life so that they will be free from the oppression that rebelliousness brings on the disobedient.
Re: Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural? by 4peace(m): 5:11pm On Nov 11, 2012
salt 1:
I believe in God, the source of every good and perfect gift. Satan and his angels represent the forces of darkness. But man is a free moral agent. Just as God cannot force you to be good, neither can Satan force you to do evil deeds.
My argument is that u can't just blame devils/demons/witches for the evils that men do. Man isn't a puppet. He is a willing perpetrator and must bear the consequences of his actions.
Churches shdn't preach or study demons. They shd preach Christ and His power that enables people to live righteous life so that they will be free from the oppression that rebelliousness brings on the disobedient.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

even bible says we should be prayful and watchful

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Supported Tithing / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! / Gays Throw Excrement At Xtians And Wipe Their Anuses With Pages Of The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.