Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign (21206 Views)

I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike / Fake INEC Officials Caught Registering Voters In Amaechi, Wike’s LG / Patience Denies Involvement In Amaechi’s Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by abu12: 7:19am On Jun 16, 2013
The First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, yesterday took a swipe at Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State when she said Port Harcourt, the state capital, has lost its attraction during the governor’s reign.

Dame Jonathan who was in the city to attend the wedding of one of the five anti-Amaechi legislators in the State House of Assembly prayed for the return of the lost glory.

“During the time of Chief Rufus Ada-George and Dr. Peter Odili as governors, everybody wanted to come to Port Harcourt, which was called the Garden City, but I pray that it will return to what it used to be, so that we and our children can be proud of Port Harcourt,” she said at the wedding reception.

The governor who was scheduled to be the guest of honour was absent at the wedding-of Mr. Evans Bipi and former Miss Rhoda Sika- although he was represented at the church by his deputy, Tele Ikuru .

Ikuru did not attend the reception having left for another function in his home town.

However, scores of prominent politicians from the state including ex-Governors Ada-George and Odili were there, as were national and state legislators with the Minister of State for Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, playing the chief host.

The First Lady was full of praise for Wike for bringing together such an array of prominent citizens.

She said: “I grew up in Rivers State, but I have never seen a gathering of the movers and shakers of this state like this. When I say I love Wike, people do not understand. If not for him, I would not have this opportunity to be here.

“It is good to be good. Both Rivers and Bayelsa are one, because Bayelsa State was created out of the old Rivers State (on October 1, 1996) and nobody can separate the two states, but the people must come together in peace and speak with one voice. Wike has brought us together.”

Wike is currently locked in a bitter struggle with Amaechi for the soul of the PDP in the state.

He is said to be the Presidency’s favoured candidate for the 2015 governorship election in the state.

He is the chief supporter of the Obuah-led faction of the PDP in the state and enjoys the backing of the five anti-Amaechi assembly men.

The first lady’s presence in town practically shut down the city.

Security was heavy and traffic paralysed especially in and around St. Cyprian’s Anglican Church, Hospital Road, venue of the wedding and Alfred Diete-Spiff Civic Centre, Moscow Road, where the reception took place.

Several Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs), soldiers, policemen and State Security Service (SSS) operatives were deployed in strategic places.

Mrs Jonathan, a native of Rivers State, had once openly clashed with Amaechi when she scolded him for demolishing shanties in parts of the state.

It was gathered that she met last night with the anti-Amaechi lawmakers.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/first-lady-blasts-amaechi/
Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by plumbcare: 7:32am On Jun 16, 2013
Hmmm we have heard.
Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by abu12: 7:52am On Jun 16, 2013
“During the time of Chief Rufus Ada-George and Dr. Peter Odili as governors, everybody wanted to come to Port Harcourt, which was called the Garden City, but I pray that it will return to what it used to be, so that we and our children can be proud of Port Harcourt,” she said at the wedding reception.

The first lady was definitely missing the reign of culties and senseless killing during odili reign in rivers state

45 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by Katier00(f): 7:55am On Jun 16, 2013
her problem nt mine

1 Like

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by Ibangap(m): 8:29am On Jun 16, 2013
Since she missed that former Rivers state, may that former Rivers state she wishes for be the present condition of she nd her husband's Bayelsa state. Bl00dy ret@rded biatch.

13 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by Rhino5dm: 8:44am On Jun 16, 2013
abu12:

The first lady was definitely missing the reign of culties and senseless killing during odili reign in rivers state

Yeah, Those era that we have to come down from bus and raise our hands up every now and then? I remembered walking around Mobil filling station at Rumoukrushi with my hands up for like 10 minuts. Presently, I party from dusk to down and still drive about around 2 am in PH courtesy of Ameachi.

Madam first lady, I say that prayer of yours should go back to the sender x 100.

62 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by phantom(m): 8:54am On Jun 16, 2013
You miss odili s reign abi? You want to see more collapsing fly overs abi? You want to see more cultists abi? You want me to be stuck at home on the weekends instead of flexing round the clock abi? Brain dead woman.

20 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 16, 2013
“Wike has been able to unite all of us. Wike, I remove my cap for you. We are here talking not as riverine people or upland. But we are talking here as Rivers people. People who speak in oneness and in unity”, she said.

“This is the first time I am being received by my Rivers people in almost four years of my husband’s presidency. I have been a wife of a deputy governor, governor, Vice President and now President; I have never had it so good,” she said.

She however paid a glowing tribute to the former governors of Rivers state, Chief Rufus Ada-George and Dr. Peter Odili and said during their administrations, the state witnessed an influx of people as the state still retained its ‘Garden City’ status.

She continued: “Today, I can see the Who’s Who in the state. All the people that can make this state moveable, shakeable: and when they say stand still, you stand still, and when they say move, you move; all of them are here. My people, I am very loyal and grateful.”

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/dame-jonathan-sues-for-peace-in-rivers-bayelsa-relations/150530/

I bet certain reprobates will be here before long to rationalise the meddlesomeness of this conniving, fickle minded, and morally reprehensible first lady.

17 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by licensed2k(m): 9:12am On Jun 16, 2013
Sowi to ask, huh?
Was the 1st lady's microphone on autocorrect or something?
I refuse to believe this came from her,
No usual signature of hers except tryin to play politics like a smart person and apparently which is really not her thing.
Buh, on the positive side,
Her grammar has really improved.
Nigeria is really movin 4ward.
Doxology!!!!

12 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by Gamji007: 9:54am On Jun 16, 2013
When You Marry An Illiterate Woman as a Wife, You Make Stupid Decisions Like Jonathan – Wole Soyinka.

Soyinka was spot on. Only an illeterate, and a highly unintelligent person would make such utterances made by the first lady.

28 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by Abagworo(m): 10:05am On Jun 16, 2013
I pity Jonathan. He must be seeing hell at home.

4 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by thelastPope(m): 10:10am On Jun 16, 2013
Please where did she blast Amaechi in the article? I have read and re-read it but cant find it... sad

1 Like

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by Abagworo(m): 10:23am On Jun 16, 2013
thelastPope: Please where did she blast Amaechi in the article? I have read and re-read it but cant find it... sad

She said Port Harcourt is no longer attractive under Amaechi as it was during Ada George and Peter Odili's tenures. People are still missing the point in this whole saga. Wike is not contesting for Governor but he is eyeing the same senatorial seat as Amaechi. Patience wants to take full control of Rivers PDP so that she'll determine who takes over from Amaechi in 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2013
So many illiterates on Nairaland these days. I didnt see where the First Lady, 'blasted' Amaechi

2 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by wengerjay(m): 10:39am On Jun 16, 2013
Perhabs she is trying to assist her husband in covering up some of his weaknesses.It is high time she realised that the total votes in Rivers state cant guarrante his husband the second term.She wil need to fight more governors.Anyway,u are welcome to Rivers state and i cogratulate u Ma on ur installation as the grand political godmother of the state.
Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by raytony: 11:05am On Jun 16, 2013
Why we no dey learn better thing from our foreign counterparts sef? see wetin dis woman wey dey waka like crab dey talk. Shey Michelle Obama go ever open mouth dey vomit dis rubbish? Everything about this Jonathan family na upside down. I need to organize a deliverance service for Dame and Jona.

4 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by phantom(m): 11:17am On Jun 16, 2013
Billyonaire: So many illiterates on Nairaland these days. I didnt see where the First Lady, 'blasted' Amaechi
arent you smart enough to see she implied it?

10 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by otokx(m): 11:17am On Jun 16, 2013
Truth be told Port Harcourt is bigger and better with the entry of AMAECHI, she is entitled to her opinion sha but the facts speak.

11 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by phantom(m): 11:22am On Jun 16, 2013
otokx: Truth be told Port Harcourt is bigger and better with the entry of AMAECHI, she is entitled to her opinion sha but the facts speak.
thank you for your objectivity.this woman dey fall hand seriously.

6 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by abu12: 11:26am On Jun 16, 2013
Billyonaire: So many illiterates on Nairaland these days. I didnt see where the First Lady, 'blasted' Amaechi

If she said river state has lost his past glory during the reign of rotimi amaechi unlike the reign of odili and Ada, when the garden city was attractive.

What does she implie?

You are the one leading a team of illiterate here on nairaland.
Because BLAST is synonymous to criticism

20 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by kunlekunle: 11:28am On Jun 16, 2013
licensed2k: Sowi to ask, huh?
No usual signature of hers except tryin to play politics like a smart person and apparently which is really not her thing.
Doxology!!!!

the surgery she had in germany did the auto tuning

10 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by firstolalekan(m): 11:32am On Jun 16, 2013
Okay

1 Like

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by fitzmayowa: 11:33am On Jun 16, 2013
This is a case of kettle calling a pot black, what as her husband GEJ aka RETARDINHO achieved in almost 4years in power...I dey laff ooo

3 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by ddeola: 11:36am On Jun 16, 2013
How is Nigeria during her husband's reign? Those who live in glass houses do not throw stones shocked shocked shocked There's a current report that Nigeria is the 14th least peaceful country. The leadership of this country MUST change for good, we are tired of all these nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 16, 2013
Doxology!!!!

LWTMB make I go jump fromt 3rd mainland

1 Like

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by Lifebender(m): 11:38am On Jun 16, 2013
And nigeria lost its attraction during jonathans reign..dnt trow stones mrs english professor grin

2 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by Goddex: 11:41am On Jun 16, 2013
Now I see clearly the mischief of our media. I attended that occasion and listened to her and other guest from A - z. The woman never made mention of Ameach's. She was only delighted to have Peter Odili, Ada George and Celestine Omehia assembled together by Nyesom Wike and praised Wike profusely as a man committed to uniting the good people of Rivers state.

3 Likes

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by lacicrips(m): 11:42am On Jun 16, 2013
Doxology!!!!

Her ministry has moved to the permanent site. lol.
Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by dridowu: 11:42am On Jun 16, 2013
Madam de madam
Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by veron007: 11:44am On Jun 16, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Yeah, Those era that we have to come down from bus and raise our hands up every now and then? I remembered walking around Mobil filling station at Rumoukrushi with my hands up for like 10 minuts. Presently, I party from dusk to down and still drive about around 2 am in PH courtesy of Ameachi.

Madam first lady, I say that prayer of yours should go back to the sender x 100.

Amen!

1 Like

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by Kzinne: 11:48am On Jun 16, 2013
Goddex: Now I see clearly the mischief of our media. I attended that occasion and listened to her and other guest from A - z. The woman never made mention of Ameach's. She was only delighted to have Peter Odili, Ada George and Celestine Omehia assembled together by Nyesom Wike and praised Wike profusely as a man committed to uniting the good people of Rivers state.
guy u get time o mogbo moya

1 Like

Re: Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign by kraftykc(m): 11:52am On Jun 16, 2013
Goddex: Now I see clearly the mischief of our media. I attended that occasion and listened to her and other guest from A - z. The woman never made mention of Ameach's. She was only delighted to have Peter Odili, Ada George and Celestine Omehia assembled together by Nyesom Wike and praised Wike profusely as a man committed to uniting the good people of Rivers state.

Hahahahaha, way to go bro. I am sure u have some GEJ 2015 posters in ur car bedroom as well. Omo earn well oh, the market may be bearish today but bulls could come ur way tomorrow. grin grin cheesy

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Many Hours Of Power Supply Do You Have In Your Area Per Day. / Low Savings: Okonjo-iweala Did Not Indict The Jonathan Administration / Atiku Abubakar Arrives Ebonyi State, Meets With Ebony State Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.