Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies (21212 Views)

Nigerians In Ireland ''Dublin'' Etc, Lets Meet Here / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by lilyx(f): 8:46am On Jun 16, 2013
I don't think anyone has started up a thread about dublin, its actually a good plac to study and work. Students don't need work permit to work while schooling. And there are many more opportunities there unlike uk..(Just saying)

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 16, 2013
lilyx: I don't think anyone has started up a thread about dublin, its actually a good plac to study and work. Students don't need work permit to work while schooling. And there are many more opportunities there unlike uk..(Just saying)
What are the opportunities?
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by funnyx(m): 10:42pm On Jun 16, 2013
fados4sure:

Exactly! What opportunities? Ireland wey everybody dey abandon like a sinking ship?
Gone are the days when Ireland was bubbling, that was before the credit crunch but things will still get better with time as the govt is working hard. Also as a student in Ireland you can not work full time only part time jobs are allowed for students.
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by lilyx(f): 1:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
How can u work full time when u are a student. It doent make sense. You can work fulltime over d summer and partime wen school resumes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by lilyx(f): 2:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
fados4sure:

Ireland is an exciting place to live with blends of traditions, over 4.2 million of people enjoy mild, oceanic climate and a landscape that stretches across lakes and mountains and more than 2,000 miles of coastline which attracts over 6 million tourists yearly. Ireland has also become a global centre for the banking, telecommunications, pharmaceutical and software industries in recent years, Ireland workforce is well-educated with many international companies having their headquarters in the country. Above all, Ireland offers one of the highest standards of education in the world. As a student you are entiled to work pertime 20 hours per week, and 40 hours per week in d summer without a work permit. For more info contact add on bb DELETED
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by justwise(m): 2:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
lilyx:

Ireland is an exciting place to live with blends of traditions, over 4.2 million of people enjoy mild, oceanic climate and a landscape that stretches across lakes and mountains and more than 2,000 miles of coastline which attracts over 6 million tourists yearly. Ireland has also become a global centre for the banking, telecommunications, pharmaceutical and software industries in recent years, Ireland workforce is well-educated with many international companies having their headquarters in the country. Above all, Ireland offers one of the highest standards of education in the world. As a student you are entiled to work pertime 20 hours per week, and 40 hours per week in d summer without a work permit. For more info contact add on bb DELETED

Make up your mind whether you started this thread for an open discussion or to collect pings for private chat.

4 Likes

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by lilyx(f): 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
My dear I'm not d type that argue over the net. Its just something I know a lot about and want to help those that are interested. You can delete it if u have a problem with it. #peace.
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by justwise(m): 2:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
lilyx: My dear I'm not d type that argue over the net. Its just something I know a lot about and want to help those that are interested. You can delete it if u have a problem with it. #peace.

Then have your discussion openly here without dropping your ping.
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Chiichii2010: 11:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
Lynx dear,plz can u suggest d school dat wud be ok and cost èffective.am a nurse in nigeria and wil like 2 do a 1yr top up nursing degree in dublin,can u help me with d approximate tuition fees in dublin.thank u 4 ur help so far
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 9:03am On Aug 18, 2014
Yes. I am so happy that a thread for ireland (dublin ) is up now. I opened a thread some time january 2014 but due to d data loss of nl database. The thread wiped off. Well as for me ireland is one of the best location to go for schooling and working. (Part time) 20 hours during section and 40 hrs during hols. Ireland is a small peaceful country . The people there are so friendly, theem no get wahala. Most Irish people are lazy , so as a nigerian with God on ur side and if u know what u re there for u will definitely make it.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 9:13am On Aug 18, 2014
The irish economy is bubbling up of recent. A lot of nigerians Are not aware and by this it is a good thing becos their been uninformed will not allow them to go soil them selves there. Some nigerians just look for a country to go spoil (dent) their image. Well as for me I am an easy going person I will neva allow any one whether a racist or not look down on me(since I know wat I carry inside of me). (Becos) of what some nigerians do. Well from my enquiry some nigerians in ireland are cool headed and serious people ..especially the ones for study.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 9:24am On Aug 18, 2014
If u re in ireland for study. U will have a lot to benefit, while studying and after studies..... Another advantage is that ireland is an English language speaking country
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by mrmaze(m): 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
Is it possible to get a job after post graduate studies in Ireland..
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
mrmaze: Is it possible to get a job after post graduate studies in Ireland..
yes it is very posible.
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Gozychuks(m): 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
do u need permit to work after post graduate studies
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Goldpeas(m): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
As long as I can apply to further ma studies with my HND certificate... Who cares what country it is... Abeg where is the BBM Pin? Peace#
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by tyor: 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
Great Thread......

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
Gozychuks: do u need permit to work after post graduate studies
after ur post graduate study. If one year program! U will apply for the third level graduate scheme from the GNIB then they will give u a permit to stay/work for one year d reason is to search for a job so the emplyer can sponsor ur work permit or green card. Depending on ur field and d annual salary, becos dey re some areas with shortages(like the ICT)
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Gozychuks(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
Amosiye: after ur post graduate study. If one year program! U will apply for the third level graduate scheme from the GNIB then they will give u a permit to stay/work for one year d reason is to search for a job so the emplyer can sponsor ur work permit or green card. Depending on ur field and d annual salary, becos dey re some areas with shortages(like the ICT)
What of If ur postgraduate study is 18months or 2yrs how do u go about getting work permit after studies
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
All grduate and post graduate. (Full time) qualifies you for 1 year third level graduate scheme.
Gozychuks:
What of If ur postgraduate study is 18months or 2yrs how do u go about getting work permit after studies
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
The 3rd level graduate scheme is authomatic @ the completion of your program. Work permit is in two cartegories(Green card and work permit) green card is preferable the requirement is getting a job where ur annual income is above €60k and 30k - 50k in some job areas like ICT, medical. And you qualify for PR after 2 year with the Green card
Gozychuks:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Hembelembe: 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
@lilyx Hi, I intend coming to dublin with my family for a phd in political science in any cheap or gov owned school. What will it cost me (accomodation n school fees) how is life there n any info you can share. Thanks
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by kas527(m): 7:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
can a gce holder travel out to study
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by bakandow11: 12:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
plz whats d cost and d neccessary requirements.....plus its not too good when pple ask for a private chat on dis platform, it deprive odas d chance of getting informed. by being transparent upcoming questions ar alrdy dealt wit, so plz transparency will b highly well come.
D cost and neccessary papers
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
I would recommend TCD (trinity college Dublin) https://www.tcd.ie/Political_Science/postgraduate/phd-programme/ you. Can also try. UCD (university col Dub)http://www.ucd.ie/spire/phdstudies/ this are top schools in dubline for PHD. Programs
Hembelembe: @lilyx Hi, I intend coming to dublin with my family for a phd in political science in any cheap or gov owned school. What will it cost me (accomodation n school fees) how is life there n any info you can share. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
@ What level(program) do u want to study...? Go through the link below http://www.nfq.ie/nfq/en/about_NFQ/framework_levels_award_types.html
kas527: can a gce holder travel out to study

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 10:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
Accomodation in dublin is on the high side. Well with God all things are made easy. U can get wat u want at an affordable price check www.daft.ie
Hembelembe: @lilyx Hi, I intend coming to dublin with my family for a phd in political science in any cheap or gov owned school. What will it cost me (accomodation n school fees) how is life there n any info you can share. Thanks
life is cool in dublin, peaceful, and the irish people re accomodating. They like to render assitance to foreigners expecially when they know u re cool headed and u wanna come add value to the economy.ireland is a small country. So navigating ur way round won't be a prob, As per the cost of living, thats a lil beat on the high side. Expecially dis one u re coming with ur fam. U really need to be boxed up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Hembelembe: 10:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Amosiye: Accomodation in dublin is on the high side. Well with God all things are made easy. U can get wat u want at an affordable price check www.daft.ie life is cool in dublin, peaceful, and the irish people re accomodating. They like to render assitance to foreigners expecially when they know u re cool headed and u wanna come add value to the economy.ireland is a small country. So navigating ur way round won't be a prob, As per the cost of living, thats a lil beat on the high side. Expecially dis one u re coming with ur fam. U really need to be boxed up.
Thanks a lot bro.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by abivic(m): 12:03am On Sep 03, 2014
I have a mature friend of 30+ years of age who has never been to university before but has been searching for an affordable oversea admission for quite sometimes now. He has only his WAEC result. What is the possibility of him getting admission abroad without his age being a barrier? If possible, what are the requirements? Anyone with similar experience? No abusive or provocative post please. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos / Truck Conveying Beer Crushes Keke Napep After Accident In Uyo (Photos) / Nigerians In Cambodia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.