Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

I Don't Know How And What To Shop For My Unborn Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Know How And What To Shop For My Unborn Child (1963 Views)

Letter From An Unborn Child / Help! I Don't Know How To Tell My Wife That I Have Impregnated A Girl / A Mother's Letter To Her Unborn Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Know How And What To Shop For My Unborn Child by neneslim(m): 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2013
Hi nairalanders.
am going to bed a dad in few months and till now i dont know to shop for and how to prepare for the unborn lil one. The Doctor told us is a boy and till now we re both confuse on how to start the start the shopping and what to buy exactly. We Re newly married couple and this is our first child plus we just relocated to lagos from the North and away from family. Am very new at this and my wife is very inexperience. I need advise on what to budget and how and where to get the things. Thanks all
Re: I Don't Know How And What To Shop For My Unborn Child by uboma(m): 9:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
@ op, under-going scan to check the sex of an unborn child is never reliable, never 100% accurate here in Nigeria. I can't say for Western and advanced countries for now. I have instances where very close relatives and friends will go to check the sex of their unborn child, only to see a different sex after delivery. That's why some do not even bother checking the sex before delivery. I'm saying this to get you prepared in the event that it turns out to be a girl child. Meanwhile, I will advise that u focus on getting unisex baby wears for now. Don't buy too much till the baby is born. Start purchasing pampers, coz there can never be enough. Don't forget socks, shawl, flask etc. Hey where are the mothers in the house, pls come bail this expecting father out. I wish ur wife a safe delivery. Cheers
Re: I Don't Know How And What To Shop For My Unborn Child by Hotstepper(f): 9:56pm On Jun 16, 2013
Apart from the list from the hospital, bib, clothes, flask, body suits, overall, feeding bottles, blanket, shoes, bed, etc. Better still, Google baby essentials
Re: I Don't Know How And What To Shop For My Unborn Child by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 16, 2013
Reliable car seat!!!! In the UK, this is of most importance in terms of leaving the hospital. Congrats btw smiley
Re: I Don't Know How And What To Shop For My Unborn Child by deybowlah: 12:46am On Jun 17, 2013
I will advice you buy just the compulsory things cos after the baby is born u will keep buying you never stop buying with kids. Apart from hospital needs, you will need
Plenty diapers, a big flask to store hot water, a small flask, baby bathtub,body and sleep suits, bassinet or moses basket (if you don't want to share bed)socks and caps, 5flannels and 1shawl, spOon and cup, small cupboard or basket,clothes hanger for drying his clothes and pegs, disinfectant for his clothes and surroundings, savlon for his bath nd mild sponge and soap.your wife will need breastpads and nursing bras, night gown with front buttons or zip for easy breastfeeding
These are very important. When the baby arrives and you see the need for other stuffs then you can buy more. Do not waste too much money(I wish someone told me that)
You don't need a baby cot for now cos baby is still small and fragil a bassinet or moses basket will do.
You can get this stuffs in a store that stock baby things
You can also mail me if you wouldn't mind on aybetty17@yahoo.com I wouldn't mind sparing a day for your wife. I may show her some good shops and then she goes later to buy them.

.wh
Re: I Don't Know How And What To Shop For My Unborn Child by baby124: 1:01am On Jun 17, 2013
deybowlah: I will advice you buy just the compulsory things cos after the baby is born u will keep buying you never stop buying with kids. Apart from hospital needs, you will need
Plenty diapers, a big flask to store hot water, a small flask, baby bathtub,body and sleep suits, bassinet or moses basket (if you don't want to share bed)socks and caps, 5flannels and 1shawl, spOon and cup, small cupboard or basket,clothes hanger for drying his clothes and pegs, disinfectant for his clothes and surroundings, savlon for his bath nd mild sponge and soap.your wife will need breastpads and nursing bras, night gown with front buttons or zip for easy breastfeeding
These are very important. When the baby arrives and you see the need for other stuffs then you can buy more. Do not waste too much money(I wish someone told me that)
You don't need a baby cot for now cos baby is still small and fragil a bassinet or moses basket will do.
You can get this stuffs in a store that stock baby things
You can also mail me if you wouldn't mind on aybetty17@yahoo.com I wouldn't mind sparing a day for your wife. I may show her some good shops and then she goes later to buy them.

.wh
Very insightful post smiley
Re: I Don't Know How And What To Shop For My Unborn Child by bellong: 8:51am On Jun 17, 2013
Since you will still need help after delivery, I will advice you make this website a friend www.babycenter.com

You can get all the information needed for both pre and after delivery including things you need to buy.

Wishing your wife a safe and trouble free delivery... It is well with you

(1) (Reply)

Married Men...Negative Influence On Single Ladies? / A Message To All Rapists. / Parents Beware, See How A Nigeria Nanny Just Wasted Life Of This Innocent Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.