Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,217 members, 7,860,376 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:09 AM

What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? (12684 Views)

Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings / 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History / Why Nigerian Weddings Need Event Planners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
I don't know what it is with Igbos and beer.

O ka na-ekwu kwa
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 18, 2013
Usminous: [color=#550000][/color].......,...na dis kind thread ladies go surface.....na dem dey put humble man for wedding useless spending.....

Ewooooo lmaoooo grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Smartiegurl(f): 9:51pm On Jun 18, 2013
Usminous: [color=#550000][/color].......,...na dis kind thread ladies go surface.....na dem dey put humble man for wedding useless spending.....
Lol!! You be gentleman abi?
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 18, 2013
valicious1:
kk i get it' U wana mak it to guiness book of records before u get ready
hehehe wouldn't mind that. I'm so not ready for it...besides I'm still in school

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 18, 2013
Quit whinninggrin
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by wckabuoh(m): 10:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
Item 7
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
The chances to meet those ladies, especially one night stand..!
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by CheeseyD(f): 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
collecting gifts
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Bofemsky(f): 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
rodeo0070: This is the "thing" I like most...
The bride desperate o! See as she turn the "you may kiss your bride" to "you may kiss your groom" lol!
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by mkoabiola: 11:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
damiso: At a well planned society wedding-EVERYTHING. grin grin grin grin.
The decor, the food, the music (I love the bands e.g.shuga band that can play oldies), the colours, the, the in short everything. cheesy

All this as long as I am a guest o grin grin grin.
I really did not enjoy planning my wedding cos at the end of the day it was more like my mum and dad were the ones getting married angry angry.

Also forgot to add the antics of alaga iduro and alaga ijoko at the yoruba trad.Unfortunately I missed half the drama at my wedding.
Woooow!
Music all d way.
On point.
I love d band
Most xpecially shuga band.
Can some 1 help with d price for shuga band to b @my wedding soon.
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by MissFeferity: 11:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
tellwisdom: I dont go to weddings, cos most of the gurls carry pregnancy to the alter angry

Most? Thats abit of a generalization.
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
Lol...that will be the colourful 'ASO-EBI'. And you will see enough pretty gurls that are there primarily to show off their jewelry and 20inches pointed shoes.

Mehn I attended enough weddings while I was younger. I used to be mummy's pet.....I tag along to every wedding she attended grin. I grew up....and I can't remember the last time I attended any wedding.
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Odunharry(m): 12:05am On Jun 19, 2013
all ds 1 na story...
Ard 1 or 2 i enta reception,chop dia food,spray couples n leave shap shap..na gals dy go wedng mrning tl nyt then u go c dm cari extra 4 black poly bag..

Back 2 d question..na d party rice o
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by drnoel: 12:11am On Jun 19, 2013
Do u mean, Nigerian weddings in Nigeria or abroad? Nigerians hosting wedding now in Dubai is becoming the new trend. Or if we decide to take it a step furthet and go more tribalistic. Would u mean, Yoruba organized weddings, Igbo or Hausa organized weddings. All these different groups and places affects the outlook and the effizy of the wedding.
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Ndipe(m): 12:57am On Jun 19, 2013
The socials is the exciting part, likewise witnessing the ceremony.
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by MissFeferity: 1:31am On Jun 19, 2013
Gosh, Nigeria is a nation filled with Gluttons....na so so food you people dey call. grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Nobody: 4:10am On Jun 19, 2013
Miss Feferity: Gosh, Nigeria is a nation filled with Gluttons....na so so food you people dey call. grin

What else nah? grin
If not to say I dey get guilty conscience to wait small, any party where I go: after I don greet the people wey I wan talk to for there kon chop, I no get reason to stay there again. The whole process of my attendance no suppose pass 45 minutes. But as a nice guy, I try to stay for longer.
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by laughterclub(m): 4:54am On Jun 19, 2013
HAHAHA GOD PUNISH ITEM 7...U R FUNNY ITEM 7....WOW U.HA

I don't think i've attended more than 10 weddings in my life but when i go, i go because of food. I'm not there to celebrate with anyone. I can celebrate from home. I'm not a lady who goes th
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by omoayeni1(m): 7:16am On Jun 19, 2013
[quote author=collins.123]

IS AFAM A woMA
don't loss just because of food ooooo ,food food food
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Agrika: 7:53am On Jun 19, 2013
I love igbo traditional weddings die, most especially during the bride's second "appearance" when she comes out with her maids, i love the various colour combinations of "wrapper George" and blouse plus head gear, its soooo cool, then during that time when she will be searching for her husband-to-be to give him palmwine, i love the usual taunting and teasing that usually takes place before she finally finds him and gives him the drink.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Otses(f): 9:10am On Jun 19, 2013
Reception things all the way plus when the couples are displaying their dance steps.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Pelummy(f): 9:19am On Jun 19, 2013
sheyie2007: what's this
driver,bride,groom & best man grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Sike(m): 10:11am On Jun 19, 2013
Afam4eva: Food Food Food

I don't think i've attended more than 10 weddings in my life but when i go, i go because of food. I'm not there to celebrate with anyone. I can celebrate from home. I'm not a lady who goes there to see the bride's wedding gown or the dace steps. Those things are irrelevant to me. That's why i like Yoruba weddings. Even before the party starts, you eat, clean mouth and go home. But in Igbo wedding, you will be waiting for item 7. God punish item 7. Give me my food and let me leave biko
Chikena !!
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by mencade5(m): 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
Every saturday is always a blessing for me. Going to different weddings with my black polythene bag to gather food and meet wey i go chop for the following weeks.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by collins125: 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
mencade5: Every saturday is always a blessing for me. Going to different weddings with my black polythene bag to gather food and meet wey i go chop for the following weeks.

Yoùr life don spoil finisH. Just read the trash you wrote up.
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by AlhajiPastor: 2:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
YOU NEED TO ATTEND HAUSA WEDDING, THAT'S THE BEST
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by Agrika: 4:21pm On Jun 19, 2013
^^^ did you just say hausa wedding, the one i once added was a very stingy one, we went for the "dinner" as they called it, undisguised discrimination while entertaining the guests, they have to serve thier "mutanen su" before serving the "arnayen"

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by dagentility(f): 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
Na item 7,me dey like oo
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by MissFeferity: 10:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
Otses: Reception things all the way plus when the couples are displaying their dance steps.

Totally watch loving people dance as well.
Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by bheemz(f): 10:45am On Jun 26, 2013
d couples kissing part and wen d groom will prostrate wit his friends to the bride's family#ilovedatpartdie#

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Thing About Nigerian Weddings? by tck2000(m): 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2019
rodeo0070:
This is the "thing" I like most...
Chisos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? / Photos From The Vanguard Awards 2017 Held At Eko Hotels Last Night / Lagos State Govt, Dokpesi, Nairalander Honoured At Nigeria Entrepreneur Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.