Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Fashola: I Hated School, Failed WAEC And Almost Became A Mechanic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: I Hated School, Failed WAEC And Almost Became A Mechanic (951 Views)

Gov Fasola - I Hated School, Failed WAEC And Almost Became A Mechanic / Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic / Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola: I Hated School, Failed WAEC And Almost Became A Mechanic by mulumele(m): 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2013
When I failed School Certificate (general laughter). I wrote school certificate when I was 14 and half. So, I just didn’t understand what the big deal about this WAEC exam was. Why is everybody reading when we should be playing? I found out that all my playmates had left me behind and I didn’t even know what to read. So, I just went into the exams, wrote what I knew, passed biology and the rest were P7, P8 and of course mathematics stood out, F9. When the result came; my dad and I went to the school and the teachers were congratulating my dad. They said, this boy didn’t come to school. My dad said he was no longer paying for exams again. He told me that he had booked an apprenticeship for me with his mechanic, so I broke down in tears. He said I should go and think about it, discuss with my mum and come back to him to decide what I was going to do. One week after, I went to see him and said well, I still want to go to school. And he said the mechanic was waiting. I think it was that shock treatment that changed my attitude. I went on to write the exam again and I passed.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/politics/i-hated-school-failed-waec-and-almost-became-a-mechanic/

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Hated School, Failed WAEC And Almost Became A Mechanic by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Praise d lord!.!!.... Wot a testimony.
Re: Fashola: I Hated School, Failed WAEC And Almost Became A Mechanic by mankand(m): 11:08pm On Jun 16, 2013
Is this whu you are making it hard for a poor mans child not to go to school by increasing LASU school fees?

After politics, I think Fashola should partner with Jonathan to organize a new version of night of a thousand laugh
Re: Fashola: I Hated School, Failed WAEC And Almost Became A Mechanic by tpia5: 11:29pm On Jun 16, 2013
op why didnt you post the whole write up?
Re: Fashola: I Hated School, Failed WAEC And Almost Became A Mechanic by tpia5: 11:35pm On Jun 16, 2013
topic

its more common with boys, i think, to not want to exert themselves academically unless forced to do so, lol.

I've met a few people like that, all males.

very interesting memoir, btw.

Happy Birthday in advance sir, LLNP.
Re: Fashola: I Hated School, Failed WAEC And Almost Became A Mechanic by mulumele(m): 11:57pm On Jun 16, 2013
tpia@:
op why didnt you post the whole write up?
It is a very long and comprehensive write up.That's why I attached the link.
Re: Fashola: I Hated School, Failed WAEC And Almost Became A Mechanic by sunnyt1(m): 2:04am On Jun 17, 2013
Fashola lock-up.

That was the same thing GEJ said, he didnt have a shoe, and see how things turn out to be.

But both of u have somethin in common: u make wicked and totless decisions.

Fashola, i hope u are hearing me: ur decision making shows u dnt have a balanced judgement acumen. What makes u think everyone has a car? What makes u tink everyone is rich?
Re: Fashola: I Hated School, Failed WAEC And Almost Became A Mechanic by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 17, 2013
[img]nice strategy[/img]

(1) (Reply)

How We Snookered Jang - Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Kano State / Patience Jonathan’s Excesses Must Be Curbed / Hell: A Place Called Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.