Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket (7337 Views)

St / Fashola: "I Paid For My Grave Four Years Ago" / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Beaf: 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2010
[size=14pt]AC Ticket - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Fashola[/size]
Dada Paul
9 August 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lagos — Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, former governor of Lagos State and his successor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola are engaged in seeming political battle following revelations that Fashola has rejected Tinubu's offer- asking him to be running mate to Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, on the presidential ticket of the Action Congress (AC).

Investigations by LEADERSHIP revealed that the AC has started mounting suffocating pressures on Ribadu to contest the presidential election hoping to cash in on his popularity among a section of the civil society. The party was said to have sent emissaries to Ribadu, even before President Goodluck Jonathan granted him pardon and converted his dismissal from the police to retirement.

According to a source, "The former Lagos governor had thought of the idea of easing out Fashola from the governance of Lagos and installing one of his closest loyalists, and that the idea of pairing Fashola with Ribadu came in handy."

While negotiations were still on with the former chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC}, Tinubu was said to have broached the idea with Fashola who appeared reluctant to embrace the option.

It was learnt that Fashola immediately called a secret meeting with Ribadu and assured him of funding his presidential project, saying he would prefer to contest second term in Lagos.

Fashola reportedly told Ribadu that he had so many unfinished works in the state and that his successor in 2011 might use the non completion of some contracts to blackmail him.

"The party hierarchy has been informed that Fashola will not take the running mate option in 2011 and that the attention has since been shifted to the South South where the search is on for a credible Ijaw candidate who will accept to run with Ribadu", the source stated.

But LEADERSHIP gathered that the presidential ambition of Ribadu had pitted him against his closest friend, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai. Sources close to the duo said that the former minister of the Federal Capital Territory has severally warned Ribadu not to team up with the AC in trying to destroy another common friend, President Goodluck Jonathan.

El-Rufai's position, according to sources is that Ribadu needed time to build bridges across the Niger and gain more administrative experience within the system other than the law enforcement credential he now parades.

The former minister was also said to have told Ribadu not to fall for the tricks of Tinubu and other AC leaders who are planning to raise his hopes and dump him at the last minute.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201008100376.html
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Afam4eva(m): 6:59pm On Aug 10, 2010
AC is destined to fail.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by chosen04(f): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2010
Beaf:

Fashola reportedly told Ribadu that he had so many unfinished works in the state and that his successor in 2011 might use the non completion of some contracts to blackmail him.

. . . . .And one of his unfinished works must be another increase in BRT buses fare?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Beaf: 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2010
chosen04:

. . . . .And one of his unfinished works must be another increase in BRT buses fare?

Seriously, this "unfinished contract" excuse has to be about the worst and most damning excuse any of our leaders can give.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Gbawe: 7:56pm On Aug 10, 2010
afam4eva:

AC is destined to fail.

So that PDP succeeds thus damning Nigeria to four more more years of retrogression and 'business-as-usual' japajantis ? We have to hope that ACN (the new name for the AC ) and others (CPC) mount a serious challenge against the criminal reign of the evil PDP - a coalition of callous "do-or-die" individuals who exist to profit from the misery of the average Nigerian. Saying "AC is destined to fail" means you don't appreciate the concept of the "lesser of two evils" .
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Afam4eva(m): 8:02pm On Aug 10, 2010
I don't give a hoot about PDP or AC or any party that does not have Igbo interest. You can imagine AC trying to field Ribadu. Who knows Ribadu. He's not even popular in his region(North). People claim he's popular to the elites and i ask: is he more popular than Pat Utomi?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Pukkah: 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2010
afam4eva:

AC is destined to fail.

Why? The growth of democracy is watered by strong and credible opposition. It is not in the interest of democracy for the opposition party to be weak.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Gbawe: 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2010
afam4eva:

I don't give a hoot about PDP or AC or any party that does not have Igbo interest. You can imagine AC trying to field Ribadu. Who knows Ribadu. He's not even popular in his region(North). People claim he's popular to the elites and i ask: is he more popular than Pat Utomi?

My brother, we must start thinking in terms of what is actually achievable in Nigeria of today . With the right President who believes in an egalitarian Nigeria , where we all exists as equal men and women,  you will get what you want . If that person is a Hausa/Fulani man , covertly endorsed by the prevalent system , you should pragmatically support him , as the lesser of all evils[b] in the journey towards Utopia [/b] , rather than talk about Pat Utomi who has no chance of winning within a politically immature system  .

If Nigerians don't wise up to shun clannish selfishness we will all end up as losers with how we can gain IBB, Atiku or Jonathan as our 2011 President. Those three will be entirely the opposite of what we need at this precarious stage our nation currently finds itself in.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 8:20pm On Aug 10, 2010
chosen04:

Is Fashola the owner of BRT?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Beaf: 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2010
I posted this elsewhere about this very matter. Ribadu is about to embark on a headlong dash into oblivion with a microscopic sectional party that is as bad (most likely worse) than the PDP.

I am wondering why a great guy like Ribadu would want to sacrifice himself so cheaply. Ribadu is one of my very few Nigerian hero's, I just wish he would have the patience to either lead the formation of a worthwile party with grassroots reach and machinery, if he must contest outside of the PDP.
I would have thought this period would be his best chance of securing a powerful bargaining position within the PDP.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Afam4eva(m): 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2010
Pukkah:

Why? The growth of democracy is watered by strong and credible opposition. It[b] is not in the interest of democracy for the opposition party to be weak[/b].

Is AC the only opposition party? APGA is there and they have my support. I just hope they field a popular Igbo candidate this time around.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2010
Beaf:

I posted this elsewhere about this very matter. Ribadu is about to embark on a headlong dash into oblivion with a microscopic sectional party that is as bad (most likely worse) than the PDP.

AC is bad ANPP is bad PDP is bad, which party is the saint?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Afam4eva(m): 8:26pm On Aug 10, 2010
honeric01:

That's why i'm left with no option than to support a party that kinda has my interest and that party is APGA. There's a saing that the devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2010
afam4eva:

That's why i'm left with no option than to support a party that kinda has my interest and that party is APGA. There's a saing that the devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know.

AGPA wetin? that party is as clueless as a typical American trying to talk about the traditional football grin grin
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Beaf: 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2010
honeric01:

Yes, they are all bad, so we have to be practical in dining with the devil.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2010
Beaf:

Yes, they are all bad, so we have to be practical in dining with the devil.

So which one is less evil? i mean with purpose oo grin
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Afam4eva(m): 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2010
honeric01:

So which one is less evil? i mean with purpose oo grin

None, AC just looks positive because it's an opposition but i can bet you that they'll be worse than PDP if they get into power so i'll stick with APGA which has Igbo interest.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Afam4eva(m): 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2010
honeric01:

AGPA wetin? that party is as clueless as a typical American trying to talk about the traditional football grin grin

Don't be daft. If you think APGA is clueless then you should have given reasons or are you a kid?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by erniewhez(m): 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2010
Can this country ever enjoy true democracy? We keep talking about voting for parties, voting for clans, zoning bla bla bla, instead of looking for credible people regardless of their party, clan, ethnicity or popularity. My people please grow up. I will vote for sincerity, dignity, professionalism, intelligence, transparency regardless of the party such person with the attributes belong to.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Afam4eva(m): 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2010
erniewhez:

Can this country ever enjoy true democracy? We keep talking about voting for parties, voting for clans, zoning bla bla bla, instead of looking for credible people regardless of their party, clan, ethnicity or popularity. My people please grow up. I will vote for sincerity, dignity, professionalism, intelligence, transparency regardless of the party such person with the attributes belong to.

Until then,
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 8:53pm On Aug 10, 2010
afam4eva:

Don't be daft. If you think APGA is clueless then you should have given reasons or are you a kid?

Who's sounding daft now? do you have a stake with AGPA? why the emotion? undecided

now tell us, what reasons did you give about AGPA being the better of all the parties?

is just having your interest enough for the whole of 150million Nigerians? what if your interest is for Nigeria to break into pieces through the help of AGPA?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2010
afam4eva:

None, AC just looks positive because it's an opposition but i can bet you that they'll be worse than PDP if they get into power so i'll stick with APGA which has Igbo interest.

Now you see what we are talking about? SELFISHNESS!!!

SHAME TO YOU AND YOUR AGAPA angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 8:59pm On Aug 10, 2010
If you are voting for AGPA just becuase they have the interest of the Igbos at heart, then maybe you people should start first by winning all the Igbo state's governorship elections, afterall Igbo states are dominated by Igbos and since AGPA have the igbo interest at heart, they should be able to win all the states with ease, don't you think so? undecided undecided
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by forpeace: 9:00pm On Aug 10, 2010
fashola is not a loyal party member but only interested in his personal interests. .rather than join one one of the most formidable tickets of a lifetime  he would rather sit back in lagos and continue his theft and brazen corruption. .rehabilitation of roads at ridiculous amounts and tax fraud.

If i were the ACN i would dump him as governor and vice president. .let him go and try his luck with PDP and see how it feels like to loose. .he acts like a child. .how did lagos end up with such?

God help us
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by chyz(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2010
honeric01:

If you are voting for AGPA just becuase they have the interest of the Igbos at heart, then maybe you people should start first by winning all the Igbo state's governorship elections, afterall Igbo states are dominated by Igbos and since AGPA have the igbo interest at heart, they should be able to win all the states with ease, don't you think so? undecided undecided

True
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2010
forpeace:

fashola is not a loyal party member but only interested in his personal interests. .rather than join one one of the most formidable tickets of a lifetime  he would rather sit back in lagos and continue his theft and brazen corruption. .rehabilitation of roads at ridiculous amounts and tax fraud.

If i were the ACN i would dump him as governor and vice president. .let him go and try his luck with PDP and see how it feels like to loose. .he acts like a child. .how did lagos end up with such?

God help us

When did it become a force thing to run for presidency or Vice? he said he's not ready for that yet, why the force?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by EzeUche22(m): 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2010
I support Pat Utomi!
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Sharonf(f): 9:05pm On Aug 10, 2010
Wait wait wait wait!! WHEN DID RIBADU JOIN AC??
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Gbawe: 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2010
afam4eva:

Can you not see how flawed your position is? If the APGA ask you to support IBB or Atiku , are we to believe you will do so simply because you believe that the APGA represents "Igbo interest" ? With no Igbo candidate contesting why can you not see that this is now a race to gain a President that will enable all individuals , wherever they may be from , to thrive in a merit based system ? Jonathan is busy 'dining with devils' while the SE has decided not to challenge for the Presidency  . At what point will it become obvious to you , even with your Igbo centric leanings, that all Nigerians , even if for selfish sectional interests of decentralisation , must support the individual that represents the best chance of meritocratic progress for all Nigerians  , within the parameters of the kingmaking agreement ordinary Nigerians are never invited to deliberate upon ?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2010
Sharon_f:

Wait wait wait wait!! WHEN DID RIBADU JOIN AC??

Abeg help me ask too o
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Sharonf(f): 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2010
Beaf:

Investigations by LEADERSHIP
The party was said
According to a source
Tinubu was said
It was learnt that
Fashola reportedly told Ribadu
the source stated.
But LEADERSHIP gathered that
according to sources
The former minister was also said

http://allafrica.com/stories/201008100376.html

Where do these people get their info from?
the sources said, it was gathered, according to sources, it was learnt
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Beaf: 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2010
Sharon_f:

Where do these people get their info from?
the sources said, it was gathered, according to sources, it was learnt

Investigation is one of the reasons they are press men. . .
No matter how faulty they might be, they have their sources and provide the news that you or I couldn't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

King Sunny Ade - Je N S'orire Bi Ti Mko Abiola [CAMPAIGN SONG?] / Tension Mounts In Abuja Over Demolition Of 172 Houses Belonging To Igbo Bizmen / The Daft Nigerian Intelligence Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.