Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives (4311 Views)

FG To Shut Down All Open Drug Markets From July 1 / FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie / Anambra To Recruit Foreign Doctors As Local Doctors Continue Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by Handsomeemmy(m): 7:26am On Jun 17, 2013
The Federal Government is to recruit 2,000 additional midwives to be deployed to rural areas, Dr Ado Mohammed, Executive Director of the National Primary Health Care Development Agency has said.

Mohammed made the disclosure in an interview in Dutse on Sunday.

He said that the Midwives Service Scheme (MSS) introduced by government was an ongoing programme to tackle maternal mortality in the country.

The director said that so far, 4,300 midwives were deployed to health facilities in rural areas across the country.

He noted that the MSS had been implemented in 1,500 health centres, adding that the agency was also training community health officers to assist the midwives.

“We also recruited some women and built their capacities to provide some basic services in their communities.

“The Federal Government is committed to ensuring that we meet the MDGs target of eradicating maternal mortality.

“We are working with the state and Local Governments, to put Nigeria on track in achieving the MDGs target of eradicating maternal mortality in the country,” he said.

Mohammed also appealed to traditional rulers to assist the government in the supervision of midwives posted to their areas. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/fg-to-recruit-2000-additional-midwives/

2 Likes

Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by JohnnyPalmer: 9:40am On Jun 17, 2013
Ok
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by redcliff: 9:41am On Jun 17, 2013
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by AGgal(f): 9:42am On Jun 17, 2013
ok
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by collins125: 9:45am On Jun 17, 2013
Ok
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by buoye1(m): 9:47am On Jun 17, 2013
K
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by emekatimsu(m): 9:59am On Jun 17, 2013
Most times i wish i had studied Nursing in school,these ppl are really living very well especially if u find ursef in the Northern part of Nigeria.
Anyway i hope its not too late to enroll in a Nursing school now....

2 Likes

Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by Brimmie(m): 10:03am On Jun 17, 2013
Recruit?? OK!!
When Are They Goin To Recruit Mid-Husbands?? I Need A Job!!
undecided undecided
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by Chasitty001: 10:05am On Jun 17, 2013
Great. Let employment continues.

Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by Okijajuju: 10:15am On Jun 17, 2013
I hope somebody has explained the meaning of Mid-wives to Dame Jonathan?!

Before she thinks that her Husband is about to marry 2000 wives at once and then attempts to suicide the President and murder herself.... grin

3 Likes

Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by visalo: 10:20am On Jun 17, 2013
Okija juju: I hope somebody has explained the meaning of Mid-wives to Dame Jonathan?!

Before she thinks that her Husband is about to marry 2000 wives at once and then attempts to suicide the President and murder herself.... grin

hope you are ok?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by theplanmaker: 10:30am On Jun 17, 2013
these mid wives ll end up overworked and underpaid.
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by uncleB1: 10:33am On Jun 17, 2013
Nigeria is moving toward greatness.[b]Things will surley work in the right direction soon.
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by Handsomeemmy(m): 10:33am On Jun 17, 2013
Okija juju: I hope somebody has explained the meaning of Mid-wives to Dame Jonathan?!

NAWA OOOO
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 17, 2013

She wouldn't bother herself, after all his manhood still lives on! grin
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by nijanigga: 10:47am On Jun 17, 2013
uncle B:
Nigeria is moving toward greatness.[b]Things will surley work in the right direction soon.
Keep on dreaming son,it's called false hope.
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 17, 2013
Make dem employ my sister oo..
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 17, 2013
nijanigga:
Keep on dreaming son,it's called false hope.

Dt means u r also false hope..cos ur moniker is nijanigga fake ass!

1 Like

Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by Policewoman(f): 10:58am On Jun 17, 2013
berem: She wouldn't bother herself, after all his manhood still lives on! grin
Berem Gbankiti is back cool
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by ojubi(m): 11:23am On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=emekatimsu]Most times i wish i had studied Nursing in school,these ppl are really living very well especially if u find ursef in the Northern part of Nigeria.
Well said. Years ago when I was in school of nursing some of my friends who were in the uni use to mock me for not going to the uni like them, some were calling me glorified secondary school student. Fast forward today they all envy me and my wife a nurse too cos we have never been unemployed. As for uni I am now doing my degree and I don't even attend classes except to go and write my exams cos every thing they are doing there I got it done and dusted as a student nurse.
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 17, 2013
oga jona create more youth empowerment and job opportunity and 2015 will be ur year
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by Pdizzle(m): 12:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
i still have a dream
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by Tinynita(f): 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
emekatimsu: Most times i wish i had studied Nursing in school,these ppl are really living very well especially if u find ursef in the Northern part of Nigeria.
u can study Nursing sciences in d university instead of going to a Nursing school

1 Like

Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by azpekuliar: 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
AG.gal:
ok

collins.123:
Ok

JohnnyPalmer: Ok

buoye1: K

Are all of you [size=16pt]OK[/size]? undecided

1 Like

Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by emekatimsu(m): 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=ojubi][/quote]

Yeah,nurses dont really look for Work, they are always sort for both in the govt and private sectors
They can even live comfortably well by been self employed.
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by emekatimsu(m): 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2013

Mr perfect.
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by eldagaius(m): 7:45am On Jun 18, 2013
This is no employment. It is called MSS. Midwives Service Scheme. A kind of one year compulsory service for Midwives. Something imitating NYSC. To make sure, midwives who do not go for NYSC partake in the service of the fatherland.
Re: FG To Recruit 2,000 Additional Midwives by Prettychyna(f): 10:41am On Jun 19, 2013
n

(1) (Reply)

Pls Judge If It Is Fair:my Experience With Nigerian-turkish Nizamiye Hospital / These Things Have Killed More Humans Than Guns In History. / Orthodox Medicine VS Natural Medicine , Which ONE Do You Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.