Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Pls Judge If It Is Fair:my Experience With Nigerian-turkish Nizamiye Hospital - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls Judge If It Is Fair:my Experience With Nigerian-turkish Nizamiye Hospital (4298 Views)

My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics / Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / My Experience With Weed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Judge If It Is Fair:my Experience With Nigerian-turkish Nizamiye Hospital by afterabl: 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
my brothers and sister, i seek your opinion to decide whether i received fair treatment.

My colleague came to thishospital with Fever, Chill and Weakness.The doctor prescribed 12 items of tests. Here, i admit i don't have professional background ( i am sure some people have) to doubt the necessity of some tests, such as Creatinine, sodium, potassium and Calcium etc.

I only complain that your hospital did not give the bill before running the tests. We do not have Rights to make our own decision to run all the tests or not? You forced me to pay a N27,200.00 bill by saying you have already done. It is not fair.

this is the reply, which focus on the necessity of test and did not tell me whether i have rights to make decision

Dear Sir/Madam,

I understand that youhad some difficulty here in communicating but I am sure there is no mistake in terms of medical practice.

First of all let me explain the workout in our hospital.

1. Patient registers and consults the doctor
2. Doctor examines the patient and prescribes medicine or requests some tests.
3. Patient goes to registration and pays before we get blood samples.

So there is no way that we take samples and do the tests then demand for the payment. Nobody can force you to give blood for the tests you do not want to do. If a patient finds the tests expensive or unnecessary patient has a chance to ask questions or to cancel the tests.

Let's come to your case: Our people told you only wanted to pay for the malaria test after he ordered all the others. If you spoke with the doctor before he ordered, doctor would do his wish but you didn't. Fortunately our people refused so you were saved because you were positive for malaria and bacterial infection. You got your medication and he is getting well. All the tests have some purpose and if you don't want to do a test here it is enough for you to just tell the doctor.

Doctors asks questions to patients. Depending on the complaint doctor should rule out all the other probabilities so your diagnose can be certain and successful. I don't think you would enjoy a wrong diagnosis.

If you have any other questions give our doctor a chance to explain himself why he requested each tests.

I wish you safe recovery and a good day.

Thank you.

Re: Pls Judge If It Is Fair:my Experience With Nigerian-turkish Nizamiye Hospital by afterabl: 8:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
reminder:

The registration fee is N10,000

consultation fee on working days is N5000, valid for three days only.

consultation fee on weekend is N10,000.

and it seem this hospital is very responsibel to rule out possibilities
Re: Pls Judge If It Is Fair:my Experience With Nigerian-turkish Nizamiye Hospital by armadeo(m): 7:28am On Nov 04, 2014
Sorry for the inconvenience. However my only point us the fact that tests were carried out for you without informing you if the cost. Imo it doesn't make sense.

What if after the tests you said you didn't have money to pay what then?
Are you pissed that some if the tests came back normal despite the amount you paid for it.

What is crp? shocked shocked

The consultation and registration fees are the hospitals decision so nothing in that.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Nurses Have Legal Backing To Run Private Clinics – Association / Die Hard Survivor: Baby Clutches Unto The IUD Planted To Prevent His Conception / Orthodox Medicine VS Natural Medicine , Which ONE Do You Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.