Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. (11031 Views)

Umahi Distributes Made-In-Ebonyi Rice To Workers For Christmas (pics) / The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks / Politician Distributes Money In Public (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by Donchyke39(m): 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
Anambra distributes 177 vehicles to traditional rulers
Posted by NAN
Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State, on Monday in Awka, distributed one SUV each to the traditional rulers of the 177 communities in the state.

Obi handed over one of the vehicles’ key to the state Chairman of the Traditional Rulers’ Council, Igwe Alfred Achebe, Obi of Onitsha.

He said that the gesture was aimed at helping them run and build better communities, adding that the vehicles would also help the traditional rulers to function effectively.

“If you have better communities, you will have a better Anambra, Anambra today is changing for better and I want this sustained,” the governor said.

“In doing that, the state government and the local government will do what it can to support the building of a better Anambra.”

Achebe said that he was overjoyed because the governor cared about the well-being and welfare of the traditional rulers.

“It is completely unprecedented in Anambra and probably elsewhere in Nigeria,” he said.

“It is a mighty gesture from the governor and for the government of the state to make a distinct impact on the well-being of the traditional rulers in the state.”

According to him, it was one of the several measures the present administration in the state had taken to improve the wellbeing of the traditional rulers.

“We pray that God will give us a successor that will continue from where Obi has left and lift Anambra to the next level.”

Source: http://telegraphng.com/2013/06/anambra-distributes-177-vehicles-to-traditional-rulers/

2 Likes

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by adconline(m): 6:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
Another campaign gift on behalf of his appointed APGA gubernatorial candidate!

8 Likes

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by dulphines: 9:13am On Jun 18, 2013
Rubbing oil on their lips. Weldone Obi!

1 Like

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by coalcoal1(m): 9:14am On Jun 18, 2013
No pictures?

1 Like

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by ozodimgba(m): 9:14am On Jun 18, 2013
Welldone ur excellency, but u failed the massess for not having an effective local government administration and elections during ur 8years tenure. It's a record against u and ur 8years in office, posterity only will judge u.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by coalcoal1(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2013
dulphines: .
You don book space abi?
Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by coalcoal1(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2013
ozo-dimgba:
You too?
Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by Youngzedd(m): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2013
Still typing.......
Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by effisyman: 9:17am On Jun 18, 2013
Lavishing money on things that will not benefit his state, and will be praised for it.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by steffans(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2013
Am Sure he is Planning to Head to the senate.. Come 2015

1 Like

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by AbuMikey(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2013
I see campaigning ooo
Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by thoth: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2013
why would people allow that ? Nigerians do not really understand what the Government really is and the powers that it has over the property and the masses that constitutes the state. This man has no right to use the states money to buy SUVs for anybody, How can he be using the states money as his personal wealth. People always clamor for democracy but they don't even know what it is hence it becomes a threat to their own progress as a society.

7 Likes

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2013
The road wey dem go drive on top nko?

5 Likes

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by wola44: 9:22am On Jun 18, 2013
Gov. Obi that refused to conduct local government elections since 7 years ago, Shame on you.

5 Likes

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by Owerreedem: 9:22am On Jun 18, 2013
Gov. Obi, yot are good to go. Thanks for your good governance in anambra state. More greeze to your elbow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by rozayx5(m): 9:22am On Jun 18, 2013
Misplaced Priorities, anyway nothing bad about that, but i hope there are good roads to complement the new cars

1 Like

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by biafranqueen: 9:23am On Jun 18, 2013
The rulers would do better if they could roll the new rides on pave highways with out potholes that give whiplash. The road to Igwe of Nnewi is so messed up embarassed Like I said mansions and cars that all we can brag so we are still rolling on dirt roads created by our grandfathers embarassed

1 Like

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by biafranqueen: 9:24am On Jun 18, 2013
shocked shocked embarassed
thoth: why would people allow that ? Nigerians do not really understand what the Government really is and the powers that it has over the property and the mass that constitutes the state. This man has no right to use the states money to buy SUVs for anybody, How can he be using the states money as his personal wealth. People always clamor for democracy but they don't even know what it is hence it becomes a threat to their own progress as a society.
Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 18, 2013
Wasted gesture. undecided

1 Like

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 18, 2013
it has not been distributed yet! @op get your verified source from a recognized newspaper before posting!
Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by loverboy3060: 9:24am On Jun 18, 2013
great
Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by ITbomb(m): 9:26am On Jun 18, 2013
Is the SUV made by Innosson?

1 Like

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by kwajahafiz(m): 9:26am On Jun 18, 2013
Acts performed for political gain rather for the true benefit of the people.....This country is in dire perils.

1 Like

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by Agbalanze(m): 9:26am On Jun 18, 2013
Please how do I comment
Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 18, 2013
Is there any confirmation,if he bought those cars with his personal money and not that of the state? If by his personal, good riddance, if that of the state??
I keep wondering why gift of car and money use to bring glee in the eyes of receivers.
Igwe Achebe, does he need an additional car? Igwe Chijioke Nwankwo, does he need a car? Igwe Awka,Achala,Awkuzu,Nnewi,Agulu etc, do they need a car, Ozo gidigbam of Awka does he need a car? let these chiefs kick start his ass, to convert the cost of those cars in establishing cottage industries
Just yesterday, Mr Vice prezdo, with his cronies converted more able-bodied young Nigerians into taxi drivers, calling it SURE-P, hey Dr Chris Kolade' can you point to at a time when America, Britain,Germany keep turning there young men and women into keke riders and taximen and women

2 Likes

Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by biafranqueen: 9:30am On Jun 18, 2013
hahaha I hope they come equipped with neck brace what a disgrace embarassed actually the government has hundreds of these vehicles lined up I know because my family uses one to drive around the east they are safer with the government plates police wave you through and give you much respect
rozayx5: Misplaced Priorities, anyway nothing bad about that, but i hope there are good roads to complement the new cars
Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by cecegorz(m): 9:31am On Jun 18, 2013
I hope all the vehicles are from Innoson Motors?
At least let the money still provide jobs for the citizens instead of some Koreans or European market.
Where are the Obi's internet dogs? please confirm this.
Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 9:33am On Jun 18, 2013
How does it reduce d price of GARRI in Anambra State? Abeg mk I rost my corn jooor...
Re: Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. by biafranqueen: 9:34am On Jun 18, 2013
Actually these are the old models 2008-2011 they are bringing in new ones do you expect our leaders to ride in those old models shocked
indigene: Is there any confirmation,if he bought those cars with his personal money and not that of the state? If by his personal, good riddance, if that of the state??
I keep wondering why gift of car and money use to bring glee in the eyes of receivers.
Igwe Achebe, does he need an additional car? Igwe Chijioke Nwankwo, does he need a car? Igwe Awka,Achala,Awkuzu,Nnewi,Agulu etc, do they need a car, Ozo gidigbam of Awka does he need a car? let these Chief kick his ass, to convert the cost of those cars in establishing cottage industries
Just yesterday, Mr Vice prezdo, with his cronies converted more able-bodied young Nigerians into taxi drivers, calling it SURE-P, hey Dr Chris Kolade' can you point to at a time when America, Britain,Germany keep turning there young men and women into keke riders and taximen and women

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Political Rallies, Worship Centres - NOA / #osunwest Decides: Mudashir Husain Votes In Ejigbo (Photos) / Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.