Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use (1170 Views)

Woman Who Cooks With Menstrual Blood Says "No Regrets" / Best Reply To When Your Wife Says No Sex Tonight.. / What Is The Best Thing To Do When Your Newly Married Wife Says No To You On Bed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use by vykte(m): 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
The Catholic church says it opposes artificial
family planning techniques, because it
encourages bastardisation of sexual activities
by young people and "impedes normal
procreation."
The Secretary-General of the Catholic
Secretariat of Nigeria, Rev. Fr. Ralph Madu,
made this clarification in a response to an
enquiry by The Punch on Sunday.
He said, "The Catholic Church believes that
modern means, including the use of condoms
is morally bad because it impedes normal
procreation. You can meet with your wife when
you do not want children and those periods
when the woman is not fertile instead of
having to destroy the sperm and all other
forms of artificial prevention.
"They are very artificial means and they do not
really give the moral lesson that borders around the
use of the sexual organs.
"The one that gives you the opportunity to exercise
your sexual urge without the consequences is the
natural method and the church says you should go
for the natural means."
According to him, the excuse that it reduces the
spread of HIV/AIDS remains invalid and untenable,
adding HIV/AIDS is a disease that is prevalent
among young people.
Madu added, "When you are talking about condom
among young people, you are also talking about
promiscuity. People have adduced arguments in
case of people with HIV/AIDS and especially couples
who do not want children. The use of condom and
other modern means are being bastardised among
young young people because they will resort to the
use of condom so that they can have sex freely
without impregnating the woman or getting
pregnant.
"Those are various artificial means and the church is
strongly against them. Instead, the church endorsed
the natural method of copulation."
Hmmmmmm! I don't share his sentiments. What's your take nairalanders?
Re: Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use by BabaOyo(m): 8:43am On Jun 18, 2013
Well, I quite agree with the Catholic church on this.
If you read the article well, they have stated that "it promotes promiscuity among young people" which invariably means the unmarried!!
If u have taken time out to search for a soulmate, & u both are married, I believe you won't be needing a condom to sleep with ur partner!!!
Their point is based on trying to keep sex within the marriage not outside!!
If you need to do birth control IN MARRIAGE then it should be other means other than "condomisation of intimacy"!!!
Re: Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 18, 2013
For goodness sakes what in this world is the buisness of religious leaders with the sexual life of couples.so the over population and fatherless children in naija alone never do.una wan use religion increase the 14o million people to 5oo million people.

Any MARRIED couple (i didnt say live in lovers o) that feels like having sex and does not have the financial where with all to take care of the child,should people now say because my pastor said this and that,thats why we couldnt prevent pregnancy.there are some things in this life that nobody has to tell you and that is why God gave all of us individual brains,not to put brazillian hair or face caps or hats on top of it,but to be used.abi will the pastor pay the childrens school fees and all when the child keeps rolling in.as a matter of fact thank God for oral contraceptives like postionor,or family planning,pills or condom.Nigeria will have hit 1 billion.moreover the last thing nigeria needs is more population when it is even experiencing population explosion with thousands of almajari kids from poor homes who lack education and are easily brainwashed for terrorism and other vices.please lets not use our foolishness to bring kids into this world that you cannot take care of only for them to be armed robbers,prostitutes and kidnappers.i will not say more than that

i wonder whether financially poor polygamists too will follow that bad idea.

Etie ma shey ere kere nitori ko funny rara

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 18, 2013
Baba Oyo: Well, I quite agree with the Catholic church on this.
If you read the article well, they have stated that "it promotes promiscuity among young people" which invariably means the unmarried!!
If u have taken time out to search for a soulmate, & u both are married, I believe you won't be needing a condom to sleep with ur partner!!!
If you need to do birth control IN MARRIAGE then it should be other means other than "condomisation of intimacy"!!!
na lie! I have seen,infact a married woman told me,very randomly.ok,i went to the chemist to buy drugs and i met some women jisting there that her husband told her to abort the fifth child that he is just a primary school teacher earning 1o,ooo naira per month.where does he want to get the money to take care of the fifth in her tummy.he is still struggling with the 4 and this is a man who doesnt like condom.the woman claimed her husband was threatening her that if she doesnt abort that child and she gives birth,he will not be responsible for the childs upkeep

anyway the woman said she had the child.the child is 3 years old now.she said when she gave birth to that child,she named her 'boluwatife' meaning let your will be done because she didnt know how she will take care of that child.abi you think say na only boyfriends dey tell girlfriends make them go abort.besides the married couples today,who told you they didnt have sex several times and used drugs to clean up before wedding so that no one will know they had sex before marriage.be deceiving yourself.like we dont know many nigerian couples,even the churchy ones are good actors.they know how to pretend wella
Re: Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use by baby124: 9:50am On Jun 18, 2013
I am catholic. Though I understand their preaching, I don't agree. This point of view is outdated and not compatible with the times we find ourselves in. Condom use is prohibited mainly because the church is against birth control. It is against even the withdrawal method. No one can afford to keep having babies. And in the times of so many diseases which through education we are more aware of, people should take precaution. Even if they preach abstinence as the preferred for singles, that is fine. But they must also preach alternatives should singles decide to exercise free will. Shikena. They also should focus on preaching fidelity and planned parenting for couples.
Re: Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use by kreamidiva(f): 10:21am On Jun 18, 2013
I want just two kids and my husband and i agreed dat it's enough.but den he said that we were't going to use any form of family planning method.then i asked him what would happen if by chance i take in and he said of course that i'l have the baby! What if i conceive 10 times my mother in-law's sister had 13 children n 3 miscarriages because they are Catholics and don't believe in family planning.what if she had died giving birth to d 10th, 11th or last one.well,i don't agree with the kind gentleman. How about cases where the man is obviously promiscuous?should the woman still sleep with him without protection? undecided

This lady i know practically takes care of herself,her husband and their 2 children.as far as i know,she has terminated up to 6 pregnancies because the man wouldn't use any protection.the man doesn't provide for his family.d lady lives with her parents and her 2 kids.her widowed mother pays d children's school fees.now tell me if it's proper or not for her to use family planning methods considering....
Re: Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use by sexymoma(f): 11:00am On Jun 18, 2013
Please o i want to ask one question that has been bothering me.... Is withdrawal method a sin or it risky? just wanna know.
Re: Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use by kreamidiva(f): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2013
sexymoma: Please o i want to ask one question that has been bothering me.... Is withdrawal method a sin or it risky? just wanna know.
sexy my sister...,my mother in-law,a staunch catholic and family planning expert says withdrawal method is equally a sin!!! Lwkmd4h.

Note what the reverend father said about destroying the sperm:
vykte:
...instead of
having to destroy the sperm and all other
forms of ...
Re: Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use by Double27: 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
I think Self control is the point here. Just know when to meet your partner.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2013
Nansense!I'm married and I use condom.they should better wake up to civilisation. One of the best thing that has ever happned to mankind as regards population control is condom! Whether cd or not,young pple will continue to bleep! Thanks to raging hormones.
Who told them that abortion rate in youths r higher? They should visit private hospitals and update!
Re: Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hmmmnnn.....,I reserve my comment.
Re: Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use by babyme1(f): 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2013
lipsrsealed
ah ha
Re: Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use by drnoel: 12:24am On Jun 19, 2013
They can say all the no they want to, that one concern the couple...

(1) (Reply)

Pls, How Can Someone Read His/her Pm On Nairaland / Please I Need Some Advice / Why Do Nairalanders Always Wish People Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.