Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Odemwingie To Leave WBA - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odemwingie To Leave WBA (479 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / Floyd Mayweather Jr Defeats Miguel Cotto For WBA Light Middle Weight Belt! / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Odemwingie To Leave WBA by futbolman: 8:30am On Jun 18, 2013

West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie expects to leave the club this summer and has not ruled out a move to the Championship.

The 31-year-old faced a backlash from the Baggies supporters after he drove down to London in an attempt to secure a move to QPR on transfer deadline day in January. I was very disappointed in Osaze, being a professional he should know better. Nothing is concrete until it is written.

The deal broke down and left the forward in an untenable situation as West Brom manager Steve Clarke restricted him to just two starts in the second half of the season - but Odemwingie is unsure of a possible destination should he depart the club.

"It looks like I will leave the Hawthorns. We are talking now - but where I'll end up I don't know," said while working as a pundit for Nigeria's Confederations Cup match against Tahiti for the BBC.

"I want playing time. Even if it is a team that is not so good, from the Championship - I will go there as I just want to play.

"I thought things could be done easier, there was a new manager who came in and it didn't go in my favour. I was moved out of my position. I made my name by scoring goals.

"I got used to winning player of the month awards. But I'd had a few games, I was in form, but didn't play - I wanted to move on."

Odemwingie also had issues with his omission to the African Cup tournament, he tweeted: ‘On my non-inclusion to the Eagles list I am not surprised. Not surprised Keshi and NFF couldn’t tell me themselves. No personality!

Unhappy: Peter Odemwingie has blasted Nigeria chiefs for leaving him out of their African Cup of Nations squad

‘We talk through press hahaha how come I am the only stubborn one but no ex-Eagles player was sent off from the team with respect?

‘Keshi has no footballing reasons not to invite me but is not saying the truth. He is still in my plans he said haha coach u no dey my plans.’

Osaze, Nigerians have moved on, how much progress have you made since then?

Now its left to see which club will take him.

[url]ow.ly/m8ki9[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Serena Williams Apologizes For Controversial Remarks On Molestation Case / Mikel Obi Set To Leave Chelsea For Galatasaray / Super Eagles Were Impressive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.