Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,123 members, 7,811,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic (23099 Views)

Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? / Gov Fasola - I Hated School, Failed WAEC And Almost Became A Mechanic / Fashola: I Hated School, Failed WAEC And Almost Became A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by mesther96(f): 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
n u expect me 2 read al dz crap??! wen my txtbuks r sitin idle here!

i'l rada read a whole dictionary dan read dz 1.mtchew!

wil dz evn decrease d price of garri!sad

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
And there is no use for us to just continuously criticize the government; that’s the easiest thing to do

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by farmer99: 5:28pm On Jun 18, 2013
u can cook story as u like provided u ar a successful in ur career, M.k.O. sold firewood for his skul fees, abi?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by sucessful1: 5:31pm On Jun 18, 2013
Wow!!who said there's No luck?
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by Lordave: 5:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
So he said he is 50 years hmmm. But he said he loves soccer, so I'm convinced beyond reasonable doubt that 50 is his football age.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
Very inspiring. Great guy.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by ndubuisinnamani(m): 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2013
I love this man.
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
I weep for the future of this generation ... Most people here spew rubbish without even reading.... Your future is in your hands....Nigerian youths!!!

@Topic
I love reading stuffs like this, it lifts my spirit up.. I hope Nigeria will be wise enough to find another way for you to serve this nation again. Happy Birthday Gov.

11 Likes

Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by nijanigga: 5:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
supaeagles: Interesting story, kudos to Las Gidi commander in chief for a job well done ... keep taking this great city to bigger and better heights.
(and he plays footy too ..... )

Who is this , fashola or olufinja?
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2013
i thought he is a moslem
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by Sike(m): 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
Thank God for his life and career.
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by Samakins(m): 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
Quite interesting story to read and so many lessons to learn, but I wonder why the interviewer(s)did not ask a follow-up question about how he became a muslim (or if he was a muslim from the beginning)because he mentioned going to church on Sundays and studying CRK in school and Governor Fashola that we know is a devout muslim. No religious sentiment about this, just another aspect of his life that might be interesting to know.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by PHIPEX(m): 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
Highly impressive, what a turn of fate.
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by Remii(m): 6:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
that guy still hates schools, how many e don build since in power, how much lasu undergrads dey pay now, how many years lasu spts dey spend for school without graduating?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by supaeagles(m): 6:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
Talk true (hit Like)..... Did you, like me, just read a few lines and then commented ..... tongue
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by supaeagles(m): 6:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
Talk true (hit Like).... Did you actually read everything and then commented ..... una well done oh!
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by callmepamela: 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
kamez: U seriously expect me to read dis long textbook? Hmmmmmmmm God forbid... Instead I ll go back and read Chike and the river all over again!!

haha its too long to read thats y i always go here to read short stories http://umehoma..com

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by zenatta: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2013
aminho: I Hated School, Failed WAEC And Almost Became A Mechanic” – Governor Fashola Reveals All
Posted by: foluso on June 18, 2013

You warned everybody off a loud birthday celebration, what explains that decision?

Well, my birthday has always been a private thing. But in the last few months, there has been, for want of a better expression, building excitement; people planning all sorts of things, committees being set up and I said, “No, you don’t do this to me, not this time.”
when I was 18 I saved money for about six months and went partying with my friends. I really enjoyed myself. The next one I remember was 21 and I was in the university then. It was my friends and I on campus and as difficult as it was then, because there was no telephone, my mum made it a sense of duty to ensure that I got a birthday card. I still keep it till today. It was a very touching birthday card and after that, there were really no birthdays in that sense.

When I got married, on my birthdays I get home early. If it’s a working day, we don’t cook, we order food, people come in – my parents, siblings come – each one at his own time and really by 7 or 8 pm, I leave them in the house with my wife and I am gone; maybe to go and play snooker or tennis at the club. So, there was no ceremony around it. I am not a ceremony person. I don’t like those formalities and I remember that when I was Chief of Staff, I turned 40 and my friends said, “No it’s a lie; we are going to have a party” and I said, “No, if you do it I am going to run away.” quite say. What I remember was that I had to wake up very early and I said, “this shouldn’t be; this is my birthday, I should be sleeping.
This time, with all the plans going on, I said, ‘no’, that if this is my day, then those who really love me should allow me to do it my way.

As governor?
If we can’t eat small rice and chicken in the house and I don’t even know if I want to dress up in a formal sense. I just want to feel free, see the people I want to see and if there is something going on, on television, I want to watch, instead of, ‘Oh, come and say hello to this person or that person.’ I am sure I am not mentally prepared for that and I don’t want to offend people.

No surprises here that the Governor does not want a crowd on his birthday. This is typical of those born at this time in June. To us, fanfare, crowds are noise and jamborees that are nerve-racking. We'd rather have our close family and friends on that day and party in the simplest possible way.
By no means interpret this as a cheap gesture as I have been known to splurge in entertainment. For us, those seemingly small gestures like the card from his mom are the ones that go a long way.
I know how you feel Sir, and if they really care they should let you have your way.
I want to ask you a question Sir, when you come back from work and see throngs of people (ok, 2-3), waiting to see you, do you feel like suddenly developing wings? My friend, once he sees cars outside his house, makes a U-turn.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by mbulela: 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2013
I tell everybody who cares to listen; I am a product of many chances and that’s why I give a second, third and fourth chances to everybody who is serious; those are the messages for me. I also acknowledge observably that my parents own the credit for what I have become; they just didn’t give up. I don’t think that any parent should give up on any child.
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by TBD(m): 6:39pm On Jun 18, 2013
What a Shoelless Governor
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
Inspirational..

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by adenekee(f): 7:11pm On Jun 18, 2013
smileyDah waz a verrii looong talk buh I enjoyed readin it,Kip up d gud spirit man.
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by ifedun2: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
I just love this man;the story of his life inspiring.Happy birthday,BRF!
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by ichidodo: 7:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
I too like this fashola guy.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by skyfall: 7:54pm On Jun 18, 2013
Long but worth the read. The man is unique. And i've realised that in life, no matter what we do, fate moves us in its own direction.
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by AdekunleBalogun: 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
For those who are clamouring for a christian governor in Lagos, here you have one and for those who are clamouring for a muslim governor, here u have one too. My point is, been a muslim does not mean that person is not a human being, this is muslim governor that did bible studies while in school and yet some people will think they know it all. Am a muslim and I want to see a muslim as the governor because I believe Islam teaches us how to govern a society in peace, equality and order but I cannot support an armed-rober beco he/she is a muslim, neither will I support a prostitute bco she's a muslim. My point is everybody is equal before God either muslim or christian we will all be held accountable for our actions. I say a well deserved happy birthday to you in advance sir and may u continue to live long. Please don't relent in making sure Lagos continues to trend on the path of Glory.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by AMossley(m): 8:36pm On Jun 18, 2013
Stories,especially of unpalatable and humble beginnings are always sweet to tell when one's already a success,even one's enemy would want to listen.
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by stone2x: 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
@zenatta:

you took the words out of my soul, i was born in june, while my sis, love to celeb her Bday every yrs i will run back to sch wen ever she want to mak my Bday party Big, and i also remmember wen my mum came over to school and brought a cooler filled up with rice and chick, i just broke down in tears asking her why she went tru d stress just 4 me. i love you mum
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by mkoabiola: 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
Intresting story.
Woow.
Thank God I wasn't taxed for reading ds.
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
supaeagles: Talk true (hit Like)..... Did you, like me, just read a few lines and then commented ..... tongue
I did not even read any line and I hit like! smiley smiley
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by pekelepekele(m): 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
Baba flower well done
Re: Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic by switdil(f): 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
@reality.chic.
U no crave to become big someday?? Abi no be person go read ur own story. y muscle na??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fear Of Buhari: Govs Rush To Declare Assets / 2017 Ovation Carol: Dangote, Otedola, Ekweremadu, Ooni Of Ife Attend / Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.