Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:57 AM

Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 (2173 Views)

Nigerian Law School Bar 1 2016/2017 / Advice A Nigerian Law Sch Enugu campus student! / Nig Law School Abuja:bar 1 (UPDATE!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by jasminehunny(f): 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
I have just bin admitted into Bar 1 of the NLS abj n we resume lectures in 2wks smiley. I have mixed feelings tho undecided..m excited about goin to bar sch to gain my bar qualificatn.however,I'm a lil anxious about d process it will take to do so (as I've heard one has to 'die hard' to pass) cry. Anyways,I'm hopeful n optimistic dat it wil go well wink. I rely hope the library is WELL EQUIPED n ders good internet service grin Also hopin that the hostel bedrooms and lecture rooms are comfy (sounds vain,ryte) tongue. A lil pissd about dis 'white shirt on knee length skirt undecided...Like seriously shocked..Anyways,we nid to play by d rules of the game..its all in 1yr (+ few mnts). Aiming for a First or nothing cool..so help me God! smiley
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 3:15pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hello dame, congrats! You finished from which uni?
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2013
jasminehunny: I have just bin admitted into Bar 1 of the NLS abj n we resume lectures in 2wks smiley. I have mixed feelings tho undecided..m excited about goin to bar sch to gain my bar qualificatn.however,I'm a lil anxious about d process it will take to do so (as I've heard one has to 'die hard' to pass) cry. Anyways,I'm hopeful n optimistic dat it wil go well wink. I rely hope the library is WELL EQUIPED n ders good internet service grin Also hopin that the hostel bedrooms and lecture rooms are comfy (sounds vain,ryte) tongue. A lil pissd about dis 'white shirt on knee length skirt undecided...Like seriously shocked..Anyways,we nid to play by d rules of the game..its all in 1yr (+ few mnts). Aiming for a First or nothing cool..so help me God! smiley
Amen!
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by jasminehunny(f): 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2013
Samtolly4JESUS: Hello dame, congrats! You finished from which uni?
tnx a lot dear.i grduatd 4rm d unversity of wales,cardiff
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 3:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
jasminehunny: tnx a lot dear.i grduatd 4rm d unversity of wales,cardiff
nice one! I wish you the Best of God!
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by jasminehunny(f): 9:48am On Jun 20, 2013
Samtolly4JESUS: nice one! I wish you the Best of God!
Awww...tnx a mill samtolly wink
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2013
Am actually an aspirant of one of our local univ. Here, OAU to be precised.
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by jasminehunny(f): 10:54am On Jun 20, 2013
Samtolly4JESUS: Am actually an aspirant of one of our local univ. Here, OAU to be precised.
Dats so cool cheesy.heard its one of d best unis in naija.. Wot course do u wnna study? Law? wink
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 11:11am On Jun 20, 2013
jasminehunny:
Dats so cool cheesy.heard its one of d best unis in naija.. Wot course do u wnna study? Law? wink
yes dame! That explains my keen interest. I hope you'll feed me some info from your well of knowledge in the WORLD OF LAW!
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by jasminehunny(f): 11:31am On Jun 20, 2013
Samtolly4JESUS: yes dame! That explains my keen interest. I hope you'll feed me some info from your well of knowledge in the WORLD OF LAW!
Will be my pleasure to do so but for now Ayam still a Learner grin
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2013
jasminehunny:
Will be my pleasure to do so but for now Ayam still a Learner grin
hmm, but obviously, you are more learned than me! To start with, can i get any insight on Law of Tort?
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by jasminehunny(f): 5:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
Samtolly4JESUS: hmm, but obviously, you are more learned than me! To start with, can i get any insight on Law of Tort?
Yes of cos! Let's do a lil overview: Tort is a civil wrong/breach committed against another in which the injured party can sue for damages. In such instances,the injured party can get compensatn to recover from d damages incurred.
In view of the above,the Law of Torts decides whether a person shld be held legally responsible for d commissn/ommissn of a breach against another and the type of compenstion such injured person is entitled to.
To sum it up, the major issues are: a DUTY mst be owed by a party (reffrd 2as the defendant) to an injurd party (referrd 2as d plaintiff)...there mst av bin a BREACH of the duty which resultd to sum degree of INJURY n den d issue of COMPENSATION.
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 8:48am On Jun 21, 2013
oops! Thanks a bunch sis. The synopsis is as clear as crystal! am sorry for being such a moth on your leisure period! which textbooks do you think i need as a potential fresher?
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by jasminehunny(f): 11:00am On Jun 21, 2013
Samtolly4JESUS: oops! Thanks a bunch sis. The synopsis is as clear as crystal! am sorry for being such a moth on your leisure period! which textbooks do you think i need as a potential fresher?
Its aiite.2b honest,i cnt remember d txts we used (as I'm not home at d mo) but m quite certain its diff from d Torts txts recommnded by Nig unis. Guess ul av to make use of a chill pill till u get into d system. Meanwhile,u can read articles n journals online. Cheers m8!
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 11:37am On Jun 21, 2013
thanks a lot sister for granting the audience. once again, i wish you the best of GOD
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by jasminehunny(f): 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
Samtolly4JESUS: thanks a lot sister for granting the audience. once again, i wish you the best of GOD
Anytime bruv. Tnx a lot.all da best 2!
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 8:24pm On Jun 21, 2013
jasminehunny:
Anytime bruv. Tnx a lot.all da best 2!
thanks too. I can sight you now.
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by jasminehunny(f): 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
Hi peeps, winkits bin a while. Hope we are all enjoyin our break. I resumed Bar 1 at the Nigerian Law Sch Abuja on July 1 (2013) and its bin an experience wit mixed smileyfeelins. I have met people from all walks of Life and learnt so much within a short time smiley. My roommate is like a sister kissi neva had and we do stuff 'paripassu. However,i am also aware that we humans are subject to change and so im careful about frnds as my First Priority is my Studies cool. Vis-a-vis academics, some of the lecturers are very hardworking and ready to help,whilst a couple of others are so damn lazy lipsrsealed,u almst wonder how on earth they became Lecturers undecided. That bin said,it is pertinent to note that,lawsch is not like ur Uni wia lecturers proper teach u,Nah! Here,we have bin divided into groups and make presentation on specific topics. The lecturers only guide us as to what to read and recommend txtbooks to us. U have more than enough time to read (only if ure so lazy)as we av lectures 10am-1:30pm mon-thur cheesy.Also,the school library is rely cool.(altho,not fully equiped wit books).
The hostel accomodatn was a bit of a let-down as we av no water angryand depend on 'helpers' to fetch water for us at a cost. We even had to renovate our rooms cos of d dirt and smell sad. That didn't bother me so much cos I'm not here for Comfort. Plus,we will be writing our Bar Finals dis time nxt Year wink (which d Bar 2 students wil start nxt week). Thus,we are here for a short period of time and can as well make d best use of it. This note will not be complete without makin mention our prestigious 'Mami Market' grin. This is wia we buy All our 'buyables' including Food. I've had varieties of calabar n ibo soups...i also tried 'suya and indomie'. cheesy.mehn,dat combo is Epic! Sum of moi peeps av had food poisonin embarassedso one also has 2b cautious of wot u eat n wia u eat. So far,lawsch has bin a cool experience 4me smiley. I still have about 12months to go and so I'll be writing more updates as time goes on. winkCheers! #zoomsout
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by anasbeaut(f): 1:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ur post has been most helpful. I ve been looking for someone to tell me about their experience in law school but you keep hearing things like its cool blah blah blah. I just finished from the univ Ahmadu Bello Univ to be precise and am hoping to gain admission in the Nigerian Law Schol Abuja Campus. I ll be really looking forward to your post sha.... so i dont appear as a JJC when i finally enter this October by God's grace. Pls pray for me.
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by jasminehunny(f): 2:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
anasbeaut: Ur post has been most helpful. I ve been looking for someone to tell me about their experience in law school but you keep hearing things like its cool blah blah blah. I just finished from the univ Ahmadu Bello Univ to be precise and am hoping to gain admission in the Nigerian Law Schol Abuja Campus. I ll be really looking forward to your post sha.... so i dont appear as a JJC when i finally enter this October by God's grace. Pls pray for me.
Congrats on your grad. ABU is an amazin sch. Ure welcum,I'll post updates as time goes on. 2b candid,d 'JJC'syndrome is inevitable.however,if u are well informed,ull blend-in quick. I wish u Gods best.jst make sure,ull apply n pay on time to avoid unnecessary delays. It is well!
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by anasbeaut(f): 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2013
Tnx a lot. The good thing was that I was able to write my finals before this ASUU strike madness and our forms have been submitted since last month because that was the last date. Now the issue is sending of our result which am hoping will be done on time, because it usually affect what Campus one is given.
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by ximarro(m): 3:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
anasbeaut: Tnx a lot. The good thing was that I was able to write my finals before this ASUU strike madness and our forms have been submitted since last month because that was the last date. Now the issue is sending of our result which am hoping will be done on time, because it usually affect what Campus one is given.
Bro, i'm new 2 dis stuff. Pls can u elucidate more on ow one's result affects d campus he/she is given? R u referring to d cgpa as a whole in final year or?
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by jasminehunny(f): 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
anasbeaut: Tnx a lot. The good thing was that I was able to write my finals before this ASUU strike madness and our forms have been submitted since last month because that was the last date. Now the issue is sending of our result which am hoping will be done on time, because it usually affect what Campus one is given.

I'm glad u wia able to write ur exam b4 d strike as dat would have bin a big set-back.its also a good thing dat ur forms has bin sent.hopefully ur results wil be sent on time. Abuja gets full on time because most Int. Students remain in abuja for bar 2 . I pray Divine Speed 4u.cheers
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by anasbeaut(f): 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
ximarro: Bro, i'm new 2 dis stuff. Pls can u elucidate more on ow one's result affects d campus he/she is given? R u referring to d cgpa as a whole in final year or?
all sch rslt must b sent on time before d closin date which Is 2nd Sep to enable the processin of ones form. Yes it d Cgpa as a ol at the end of Ur final exams cos if u notice dose Wit COs are not éligible to reg for law sch cos of dis outstandin courses. Sum schs re yet to write dia 2nd Sem xams cos of dis strike so i rily dunno wat ll happen? Are u also a law student
@jasmine, op to join u in Abj campus dis Oct grin by God's grace
Re: Nig Law Sch Abuja:bar 1 by ximarro(m): 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
anasbeaut:
Are u also a law student
Yea, unical. Still in 300 level.

(1) (Reply)

Futo Girls – Worth, Honour And Strenght... / 9 Weird Facts About Marijuana You ought to know / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.