Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? (2123 Views)

How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? / What does the word 'Biafra' mean? / Why Do White People Get Scared Of The African Americans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
In our society today, tattoos are becoming something very common..even in Africa....Why do people get tattoos? and what does the bible and Qur'an say about it? and would you get tattoos? and is tattoo a one way ticket to hell?

Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
I don't care what some books says what's right or wrong...I already have tattoos.

ANd I hope you know your African ancestors before Islam and Christianity practiced tattooing and scarification as far back as the Ancient Egyptians/Nubians. So did they go to hell?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 19, 2013
KidStranglehold: I don't care what some books says what's right or wrong...I already have tattoos.

ANd I hope you know your African ancestors before Islam and Christianity practiced tattooing and scarification as far back as the Ancient Egyptians/Nubians. So did they go to hell?

Exactly.
Everything you said is spot on!

The same people who claim that tats are disgusting, sinful, and whatnot are usually the same ones who smoke, drink, judge...and do just about everything else the same bible states as being sinful.

If you allow a doctor to inject you with "vaccines" which you know nothing about as far as what they consist of, you have no right to talk about me accepting the combination of permanent ink and a little pain to get the marks i chose to have on my body. So save the "your body is a temple" line for the birds.

If you have tribal marks please, dont EVEN respond! grin

Ppb: I am proud of my tattoos and in fact plan on getting more. cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jun 19, 2013
^^^^ I agree. There is nothing wrong with tattoos, it is a personal decision. I have tattoos but am not planning on getting more lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

Exactly.
Everything you said is spot on!

The same people who claim that tats are disgusting, sinful, and whatnot are usually the same ones who smoke, drink, judge...and do just about everything else the same bible states as being sinful.

If you allow a doctor to inject you with "vaccines" which you know nothing about as far as what they consist of, you have no right to talk about me accepting the combination of permanent ink and a little pain to get the marks i chose to have on my body. So save the "your body is a temple" line for the birds.

If you have tribal marks please, dont EVEN respond! grin

Ppb: I am proud of my tattoos and in fact plan on getting more. cool

I would go in full detail about the importance of tattooing throughout history and what it meant. But I'm just too lazy right now. grin

Watch this video. This guy is basically covers everything...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9dBasy_1DU
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 19, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
^^^^ I agree. There is nothing wrong with tattoos, it is a personal decision. I have tattoos but am not planning on getting more lol.

Right on sis cool
Lol. Why no more? Is it because of the pain?
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 19, 2013
Lol @ kid.

I feel u. I will check that out asap. smiley
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

Right on sis cool
Lol. Why no more? Is it because of the pain?
Yes that too but i do not want a lot of tattoos, i think what i have is enough smiley
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 19, 2013
Getting a tattoo does NOT hurt at all...Many people complain about it hurting. But to me it didn't even bother me. More like a cat scratching at a sunburn.

Heres one of my first tattoos on my upper arm.

*pic removed*
^^^Its my name in Chinese characters. It problem does not even say my name Matthew. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 19, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
Yes that too but i do not want a lot of tattoos, i think what i have is enough smiley

yeah. I don't have a lot myself.
I may get two more tho. smiley

@kid niice! cool

I wont say all that I have but my fav. one I have is the Eye of Horus.

it's tuff!! cool
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 2:20am On Jun 19, 2013
That tribal tat on the 3rd pic is hot grin grin

I plan on getting more tats. cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by T3Amo(f): 2:34am On Jun 19, 2013
I am too much of a chicken to get a tattoo, well i do not think i am the tattoo type of person but tattoo's can be beautiful smiley
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 2:57am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

@kid niice! cool

I wont say all that I have but my fav. one I have is the Eye of Horus.

it's tuff!! cool

Thanks. smiley

I was thinking of an Eye of Horus type tattoo. Something like this.

@ T3 @_@ Amo

If its the pain you're worrying, trust me tattoos for the most part do not hurt.
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by T3Amo(f): 3:11am On Jun 19, 2013
Eye of Horus I think i better reserve my comment lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 4:16am On Jun 19, 2013
SniperInADiaper: That tribal tat on the 3rd pic is hot grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 4:20am On Jun 19, 2013
KidStranglehold: I don't care what some books says what's right or wrong...I already have tattoos.

Africans were living and dieing before Christianity and islam came to Africa.....so i have no ideas were those people would go according to the bible and Islam....am assuming they would go to hell..since they didn't accept Jesus Christ or Allah as the truth God...but that would be Bleep up because Jesus or Allah wasnt even born then grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 4:58am On Jun 19, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Thanks. smiley

whatever you decide is cool.
I didn't get the triangle...I only got the eye. smiley

I looove it! love it!

look at it every chance I get lol.
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 5:01am On Jun 19, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Thanks. smiley

@ T3 @_@ Amo

If its the pain you're worrying, trust me tattoos for the most part do not hurt.

tattoo can hurt like hell...it just depends on how much you getting...how much ink they need to use...and the location they gonna put it...
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 19, 2013
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 19, 2013
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by PAPAAFRICA: 7:50am On Jun 19, 2013
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by deols(f): 9:30am On Jun 19, 2013
Tattoing is unIslamic.

The only accepted one is the henna.

Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by deols(f): 9:41am On Jun 19, 2013
answering your questions on a personal front.
I can't tell why people get tattos. I do henna but get bored with it before it totally fades. I dont think I'll like to have a permanent tatto. it simply means I'd get bored with my body.

I don't think it is a one way ticket to hell. In Islam, there are major and minor sins. This falls under the category of the minor ones.

On the day of judgement, the scales are weighed and how much your good/bad deeds weigh determines your position in paradise/hell.

May God save us from hell.
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by deols(f): 9:51am On Jun 19, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Africans were living and dieing before Christianity and islam came to Africa.....so i have no ideas were those people would go according to the bible and Islam....am assuming they would go to hell..since they didn't accept Jesus Christ or Allah as the truth God...but that would be Bleep up because Jesus or Allah wasnt even born then grin grin grin grin grin

Allah is not a human being Like Jesus. You probably meant to say Muhammad.

You see, each nation had a prophet sent to them. We dont know of the prophets at this part of the world because we did not have a writing culture. Any of our fore fathers who followed their prophets would enter paradise.

Jesus was a prophet just like Muhammad was. Following him and the laws(which are for all mankind) are sure to save you from hell.
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
@Kails

Cool. smiley
Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 19, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

whats ironic and funny is that abrahamic religions like christianity and Judaism actually have there origins from African Egyptian religion...Actually not just Egyptian religion, but a bunch of pagan religions.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 23, 2013
KidStranglehold: @Kails

Cool. smiley

smiley smiley

Mr knowitall.:

you gonna get more?

Maybe. I do want more and hopefully I will in the future
right now, at this moment it's not a priority.

I'm content with ones I have smiley

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Year Quotes And Sayings 2016 / Arhuanran: The Giant Warrior - Prince Of Benin Kingdom / Igbo Enwe Eze (the Igbo Have No King)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.