Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? (28679 Views)

Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? / Are South-south People Actually as they Are Always Depicted / Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Richbee(m): 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
Recently, I've heard people use the word 'the rain is been held'. I actually do wonder, just how possible is it? I tot we were done believing 'superstitious' things but this suprisingly is still believed.

So to y'all that believes it, I'd like to ask, HOW EXACTLY IS RAIN HELD.
Is there a scientific backing to this theory?

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
No scientific proof. Simply juju.

10 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Emmyk(m): 9:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
You never see anything.

Juju is very real.

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
You must be gifted in the art of African medicine to be able to hold the rain nor move it to a different direction. There is a popular Rainmaker in my town who was famous for holding/moving the rain with rare precision. But pride got over him and he also got greedy and lost his powers. But there are rainmaker and their powers are real and they fight the rain with "WIND".

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Richbee(m): 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
That's quite a tale. Tot only God had those powers. Aii

1 Like

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 17, 2013
philip.adesola:
The art of holding the rain is highly spiritual. Its not necessarily voodoo(juju).
In the Holy Bible, the prophets of yore(old) held back the rain too. An example is prophet Elijah.
The realm of the spiritual controls the physical. simple.

8 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
BellaDonaFema:
The art of holding the rain is highly spiritual.
It's not for the ilk of the Op.
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
kwangi: It's not for the ilk of the Op.
Hmmmmmmm! different strokes for different folks.
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
^^He has no business discussing rain-making/holding. He doesn't really want to know.
Just looking for a way to sound smart on nairaland by stu.pidly asking for scientific explanations.

4 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2013
kwangi: ^^He has no business discussing rain-making/holding. He doesn't really want to know.
Just looking for a way to sound smart on nairaland by stu.pidly asking for scientific explanations.
I reserve my comments.
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Richbee(m): 8:42am On Aug 18, 2013
kwangi: ^^He has no business discussing rain-making/holding. He doesn't really want to know.
I'd equally reserve my comment. Guess it will be of no use explaining any damn thing to u.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by nickz(m): 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
where I come from they burn a̶̲̥̅ particular leaf with salt and the person that does this doesn't eat.I know the leaf and I ƇΛИ do it.there's nothing spiritual ℓ̊n it.its the fumes from the burnt leaves that simply hold back the rain.#thats what I was told

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by daisyella: 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
Its called iha mmiri in igbo. Dere are people who r responsible for making rain fall or hold d rain from falling. I remember wen I was in secondary school and the president as at den. Obasanjo was coming 2 umuahia and I heard dere was a battle between rainmakers in umuahia. One party was trying 2 make rain fall while d other was trying 2 hold d rain from falling. It was funny as I watched rain fall and stop continously.

7 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by nerodenero: 3:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
God has given other gods power to function, the reason a mortal being can boast of holding rain. The most important thing is that God permits such to happen otherwise, it wont.

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by RazziP(m): 3:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
Go Abeokuta them sabi ham wella cos does people enjoy weekend party...

1 Like

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by ACM10: 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
Reporting to class. This ropic is gonna be interesting.
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
laughing out loud grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2013

I'm ashamed to come from the same place as many people here. Hold the rain indeed! I laugh in condensation!!!

5 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by kingarizona(m): 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hmmmmmmm.......
In majeck fashack's voice# yaya yaya yaya o, send down the rain#
Hmmmmmm......
I think OKIJA-JUJU has an answer to this question gringringrin
My man, were u dey!!?
Oya con yarn us how e dey happen!!!? gringringrin

In the land of OKIJA, and the TIME of JUJU,
The destiny of a great kingdon rest on the shoulder of an OLD MAN,
His name is "OKIJA- JUJU"!! cheesycheesycheesy

10 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by OCTAVO: 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hmmmmmmm Aiye akamara cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by jmoore(m): 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
Yes it is scientific, same applies to rainmakers.
Most of the things done in africa are scientific but hidden under the guise of juju.

4 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by ibrash600: 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
nice 1 @op, recently, i have been thinking about creating this kind thread.... E don tey wei i see rain for my area oooo abeg...
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by ACM10: 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
philip.adesola:

I disagree. Chinese did it during the Beijing Olympics.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Inik(m): 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
Its juju, there's no scientific proof.
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by alienvirus: 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
I dare anyone to do it when it about to rain. Na lie...
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Okijajuju: 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hahahahahahaaaaaa cheesy

The ways of the gods, are not the ways of man.. Everything on the surface of the earth can be controlled by Man.

Genesis 1:26

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Pls, Contact Me for your Weddings, Burials and other occasion.
Okija Juju Meteorological services.
Experts in Rain, Thunder & Flooding control.

H.Q Plot 21, Evil Forest Road,
Upper Iweka, Onitsha, Anambra State.

www.Okija.com/juju

Note to Clients:: POS Machine now available and accepted in all our shrines Nationwide..

37 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by chidinwachukwu(m): 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
The process of inducing or holding rain is scientific,we were taught in Philosophy of science,its called seeding or something.were some Herbs are burnt and the smoke carries something that induces or holds the wet cloud

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by oxygen47: 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
Every coin has 2 sides
So I believe dat d scientific & d jujulistic exist
Its not my business how dis works
cos I dont hav plans of 'holding' any rain
Do U understand?

1 Like

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
There's usually one downside with serious threads making front page...
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
Okija juju: Hahahahahahaaaaaa cheesy

Mere Mortals like you guys can never understand the ways of the gods..

Pls, Contact Me for your Weddings, Burials and other occasion.
Okija Juju Meteological services.
Exparts in Rain, Thunder & Flooding control.
www.Okija.com/juju
LMFAO!!! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Fazhy: 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
Seeing is believing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi's Son, Ashraf Graduates From College (photos) / Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe / How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.