Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend (11675 Views)

Husband Kills His Wife Over Her Father’s Inheritance (photo) / Nigerian Student Stabbed To Death By Countrymen Over Girlfriend In Cyprus(pic) / Student Killed Over ‘girlfriend With 6 Boyfriends’ - (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by anonimi: 10:39am On May 09, 2008
Oyakhilome’s Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend

By Benson Agwu/Benin-City

The Head Pastor, Christ Embassy, Sapele, Delta State, Joseph Ehigiator, has been arrested by the police for allegedly murdering his pregnant wife, Efe, in an attempt to marry his girlfriend, Miss Oweil.Efe, P.M.News gathered, was eight months pregnant at the time of her death. The Lagos-based Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is the spiritual head of the pentecostal church which has its headquarters at Oregun, Lagos. Ehigiator who fled after committing the heinous crime was arrested in the inner sanctum of the Benin headquarters of the church by detectives from Zone 5 Police Divisional Headquarters, Benin, Edo State.

The suspect, who is now in police custody, P.M.News investigations revealed, had been having a running battle with his wife over the girlfriend, who is also the Sapele church’s secretary. A petition written by the father of the deceased, Reverend Innocent Omoroguikpon, to the Assistant Inspector General of Police in charge of Zone 5, Mr. Udom Ekpoudom, revealed the circumstances surrounding the woman’s death and pleaded for the AIG’s intervention. Rev. Omoroguikpon disclosed that on Saturday, 26 April 2008 around 3 p.m., he received some strange visitors from Christ Embassy who told him that his daughter had been shot by armed robbers at her residence and was receiving medical attention along with her husband at an undisclosed hospital in Sapele.

“On getting to the hospital, the doctor denied ever admitting her husband and upon examination, the doctor discovered that the deceased was brought with cyanosis subconjunctotival petechia and evidence of a noose mark around her neck,” Rev. Omoroguikpon narrated. He disclosed further that the doctor confirmed that she had an unduly floppy neck (indicative of broken neck), an evidence that she was strangled. He urged Ekpoudom to act fast and prevent Pastor Ehigiator from fleeing the country because he holds a valid British visa which can aid his escape. He also informed the police boss that Ehigiator had earlier planned to relocate to the United Kingdom with his girlfriend, Miss Oweil.

Going down memory lane, the distraught father explained that the bitter acrimony between his daughter and her husband started in 2005 when the deceased learnt of the relationship between Pastor Ehigiator and the church secretary through some members of the church. The father of the deceased woman disclosed that whenever the deceased complained she was always beaten up and injured. “Over time, when the beating became so frequent because of the girlfriend, I had to call the attention of Pastor Tom Amienhkienan, head Pastor of Christ Embassy, Benin City.

“Upon his intervention, the mistress was transferred from Sapele last year. “When Miss Oweil found her way back to Sapele late in 2007 to resume work as secretary in the same church, my daughter, who was already three months pregnant, informed the husband and his reaction was that she should terminate the pregnancy because he was not ready for the baby. “Her refusal to terminate the pregnancy, coupled with the fact that his mistress was back in Sapele, led him to pack his belongings out of the house to a new apartment, which he did not disclose to his wife.

“But within the same time he packed out, my late daughter received text messages threatening her life and that of her only son. Each time the man (Pastor Ehigiator) came and she reported the matter, he (Ehigiator) would seize her phone. This was why over the last four months she had to buy several phones which were seized and never returned to her. “On the fateful night she was murdered, he came to the house where my daughter lived at about 10 p.m., having abandoned for no reason, the regular end of month prayers over which he was supposed to preside as the head Pastor of the church,” the father stated in his petition. He asserted that records show that “the suspect left the church at about 10 p.m. when he handed over the moderation of church activities to an assistant pastor, and it was within the same time and early Saturday that the deceased was murdered, after which the suspect escaped.

Reverend Omoroguikpon also expressed dissatisfaction with a purported autopsy conducted at Sapele, saying “there is new information to exclude the fact that she was murdered by strangulation and this portrays foul play. “We cannot explain why the autopsy finding is trying to pin what happened to an ongoing illness which we cannot name. Why would it be when she allegedly had an attack by robbers that the sudden illness came up? There were several other physical findings on her body (bruises and blisters) that they could not provide answers to. It therefore meant that the autopsy was tampered with,” Reverend Innocent Omoroguikpon said. However, Police Public Relations Officer of Zone 5, Mr. Ebi Orubiri, an Assistant Superintendent of Police ASP, said the suspect was being detained along with the church secretary at Sapele, before the case was transferred to the zone following a petition to the AIG in that respect. Orubiri hinted that detectives from the zonal Criminal Investigation Bureau, CIB ,and the Criminal Investigation Department, CID, have commenced investigation into the matter which will be made public in the shortest possible time.

http://thepmnews.com/2008/05/07/oyak, ver-girlfriend

Any one wey dey sapele or Benin fit confirm the story?
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by AKO1(m): 10:44am On May 09, 2008
O ga.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by mazaje(m): 10:52am On May 09, 2008
Why is the tittle of the thread Oyakhilome's pastor muders wife over girl friend? why not just a pastor in christ embassy muders wife over girl friend? are you trying to insinuate that pastor chris should be held accountable for some body's nefarious crime? This is just too small if thats what you are driving at. Forgive me though if i got your position all wrong.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by donnie(m): 11:34am On May 09, 2008
How sad sad

I hope they get to the bottom of the matter . . .and the offenders punished.

As for the title of the thread and its originator, I think he is just towing the line of his junk magazine/ article counterparts who use the name and face of the MOG to sell thier write-ups.

Do you know what will happen if we try to link all the attrocities commited by many to thier pastors/ General overseers, priests, Imams?

Stories of RCCG, deeper life, Mountain of fire, Chosen pastors abound. . . but these do not minister grace, they are not of good report, they call for watchfulness and prayer, and not for jesting. You sure will make many fans becasue of this thread, but not of true Christians.

We are not motivated by satan and his works but by God's Spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 09, 2008
though I'm not exactly a fan of his, I strongly feel bringing Chris Oyakhilmoe's name into this is just petty and uncalled for. whateva happened to "A Christ Embassy pastor. . . . . . " or simply "Pastor murders wife because . . . . . ." The topic 's almost libelous. sad

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by AKO1(m): 2:22pm On May 09, 2008
donnie:

they call for [size=14pt]watchfulness[/size] and prayer, and not for jesting.

Precisely. People really need to shine their eyes.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by shinystar(m): 5:39pm On May 09, 2008
The topic of the thread is 100% correct. If you studied Journalism, like me, yuo will know an headline must be catchy and strong to attract attention.

Oyakhilome is popular and so the inclusion of his name is just to get attention. I am sure many people read it because they found the headline curious. It's by no means an indictment of the jerry-curled preacher who has been battling with too many scandals lately.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by OsunAmazon: 10:00pm On May 09, 2008
How sad

I hope they get to the bottom of the matter . . .and the offenders punished.

As for the title of the thread and its originator, I think he is just towing the line of his junk magazine/ article counterparts who use the name and face of the MOG to sell their write-ups.

Do you know what will happen if we try to link all the attrocities commited by many to their pastors/ General overseers, priests, Imams?

Stories of RCCG, deeper life, Mountain of fire, Chosen pastors abound. . . but these do not minister grace, they are not of good report, they call for watchfulness and prayer, and not for jesting. You sure will make many fans becasue of this thread, but not of true Christians.

We are not motivated by satan and his works but by God's Spirit.

True talk
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by brizmaleti: 10:09am On May 10, 2008
That was just a provocative subject;if not for the subject, i personally wouldnt have read it, so ya'all stop talking about what he used as subject and face what the matter really is.
Well on this, i am not perplexed.That is just humans for you, it has already been stated in the bible.I just pray he changes and repents and may his wife's gentle soul rest in peace, As for the secretary, good luck but remember that was adultery
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by fyneguy: 12:17pm On May 10, 2008
Hmmmm I just hope many pastors indulging in nefarious activities would be exposed and made to face the wrath of the law.

Some years ago when I was serving in a bank, An RCCG head pastor was our branch manager. He was involved in so many financial crimes and adultery within and outside the bank. The most shocking part was his shamelessness. He was openly doing those things and he cared less about his status in church.

I'm aware he's still a pastor in RCCG with many more parishes under him. I know someday he'll be exposed if he doesnt repent.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by smile4kenn(m): 2:48pm On May 10, 2008
the topic of d thread is ok
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by uf4oma(f): 11:07pm On May 10, 2008
What a sad story and needless loss of life. A case of Satan taking over the man and sin leading to sin and leading to the death of an innocent woman. This was something that took place over a period of three years and neither the so-called pastor nor his girlfriend repented of their adultery and the church did not think it wise to sanction such a person but turned a blind eye as is typical in the christian community and left him to carry on in such a position of authority as pastor and now he has brought reproach to the name of Christ. God help us all.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by elizabetta(f): 2:56pm On May 11, 2008
The subject is okay,the so called pastor should be punished for his wrong,if really he committed the crime.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by oloriooko(m): 9:41am On May 12, 2008
Has anyone seen or heard the story from another source?

We must confirm the authenticity of the story before commenting please.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by anonimi: 4:55pm On May 12, 2008
anonimi:

Any one wey dey Sapele or Benin fit confirm the story?

oloriooko:

I still dey wait oh.
Thanks in advance for any useful info.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by donnie(m): 7:42pm On May 13, 2008
While i sympathise fully with the father of the deceased, I beg to say that we be patient and give Pastor Joseph at least the benefit of the doubt. At least we haven't heard his own side of the story yet.

It is also possible that a lot of things that were said in the testimony of Rev Innocent were borne out of the pain and emotions of the moment. As a matter of fact i have heard from one who is in touch with Pastor joseph's lawyers and who is following the police investigations closely that most of what was said in Rev Innocent's testimony were totally untrue.

Please brethren, let's be a little patient and not quick to judge. Remember the bible says that in the mouth of two or more witnesses is a Word confimed.

Let us not trivalise the demise of this dear sister in such a manner. I think she deserves more than that. Let us not be found drawing conclusions on mere speculations.

I used to believe most of what i see in the papers until yr 2001 during the Pastor Chris and TB Josuah wahala. Lies, upon bondles of lies. It was then i got to know that most of those columnists and journalists are paid for those write-ups.  Christ Embassy was even approached then and asked to pay so as to have them write in our defence. . . It is a shame. So be wise brethren.

It is only a matter of time, the truth will surely come out.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 13, 2008
cheii, this world embarassed
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by donnie(m): 8:10pm On May 13, 2008
shinystar:

The topic of the thread is 100% correct. If you studied Journalism, like me, yuo will know an headline must be catchy and strong to attract attention.

Oyakhilome is popular and so the inclusion of his name is just to get attention. I am sure many people read it because they found the headline curious. It's by no means an indictment of the jerry-curled preacher who has been battling with too many scandals lately.

Really. . .

You wish. When next you set your eyes on him check if he looks like one who is battling with anything.

Continue your junk jounalism until you hear he is the owner of your little newspaper house. Like some TV stations and media houses have already discovered.

. . . Buy them up and teach them what good journalism is all about.

Hissssssssss.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by donnie(m): 8:32pm On May 13, 2008
By the Way, lest i forget; Night of Bliss comes up again, this time @ the excel centre in London. June 27th, from 7pm till dawn.

I am giving this info ahead of time so that thieving journalists and certain christians ( who for reasons i dont iunderstand) can begin to prepare with thier lies and propaganda ahead of time like they did in SA.

cool.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by brownbonno(m): 1:47am On May 14, 2008
donnie:

Really. . .

You wish. When next you set your eyes on him check if he looks like one who is battling with anything.

Continue your junk jounalism until you hear he is the owner of your little newspaper house. Like some TV stations and media houses have already discovered.

. . . Buy them up and teach them what good journalism is all about.

Hissssssssss.

Shameless follower,since when have God established Churches to become a business empire.This type of white wash followers can only be found in Nigeria.
If you are educated at all and can read the Bible,you should know that God/Jesus ask his followers to go and preach the GOSPEL.And not to turn your churches in Biz centre.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by Seun(m): 1:53am On May 14, 2008
I don't understand why people have to fight over 'love'. If he doesn't want you, just leave him. Gah.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by Tonim(f): 12:10pm On May 14, 2008

I don't understand why people have to fight over 'love'. If he doesn't want you, just leave him. Gah.

Sometimes it's not that easy to find a replacement
Some people feel they have invested so much time and it has to work at all costs
Some people don't have the will power needed to move on with their lives.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by fyneguy: 10:46pm On May 16, 2008
@brownbonno

lol pls forgive me but I must say you are the one talking like an educated illiterate. what has buying TV stations up got to do with turning the church to biz centres?

May be you should focus more on improving your spiritual life, if u have any.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by brownbonno(m): 2:14pm On May 18, 2008
God is my provider.I DO NOT LACK ANYTHING UNDER THE SUN.
I have forgiven you my dear.God bless you.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by souniq: 1:38am On May 30, 2008
emm folks, this is truly a sad one.
Really think the church should have intervened earlier. However, the church cannot be held responsible, Christianity is totally a personal thing and we are as individuals accountable for our actions. This issue is one that is sensitive, so let's not trivialise it, we are talking about two lives wasted and a 'likely third' going by the law. Ladies and gents let's get 'a-praying' one for another that God's word will have a foot hold in the lives of us believers whether or not we are in positions of authority and that the character of God's word be manifest in us all.
Folks may I say it's too too late to point fingers!
Let's also stop all this bragadocious talks about buying a TV station or media centre, the question here is 'why do we really do what we do'? 'why is that next media house being bought'? 'why do we preach the way we do or say the things we do'?
Folks let our eyes see with the eyes of 'the word of God' let our voice be such as represent the voice of God's word and love.
Let's not loose sight of the value of that one soul, that un-born child.
Pastor Chris is a great man of God and God forbid I disregard His anointed. However in following, let's not loose our sense of purpose nor our individuality.
I conclude in saying 'these are just the last days let's get 'a-praying'.

One love, One God and Father over all.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by krama(m): 3:52am On May 31, 2008
shocked
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by NubianQ(f): 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2008
all because of Yansh! the pastor is an ASS!!!
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by jubocycke(m): 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2008
wow, it is one of the signs of the end time, beware of what you hear and what you do afterwards.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by MCUsman(m): 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2008
oloriooko:

Coz the suspect is a pastor you need authenticity. If it were the other way round blah blah blah , wil never end.

anonimi:

I still dey wait oh.

Wait untill he bang ur abuna
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by Akinagirl(f): 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2008
some pastor. angry
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by airegin: 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2008
Which way Nigeria, Which way we go.
Re: Pastor Murders Wife Over Girlfriend by Horus(m): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2008
[size=15pt]Nigeria: Christ Embassy Pastor Arrested Over N4.5 Fraud[/size]

Lagos 7 October 2008

Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a pastor with Christ Embassy Church in Oregun, Lagos State, Dr. (Miss) Fregene Orighomisan Omawumi, for alleged fraudulent foreign exchange deal as well as issuing a dud cheque.
According to the EFCC, the said pastor who started by allegedly obtaining N3million from another member of the church in a fraudulent foreign exchange trade deal in April this year. It said about N1million has been recovered from her.EFCC Head of Media and Publicity, Femi Babafemi, in a statement made available to Daily Champion in Abuja said the victim of the fraud, Mr. Afam Benneth Otiba, said the 33year-old administrative pastor, who is also a medical doctor, obtained the money from him on the pretext that she was going to invest it in online forex trading, promising a 100 per cent return on investment in 45 days.Otiba said he agreed to release the money after the suspect had promised to split the profit with him in a 50-50 ratio and handed a post dated cheque of N4.5million, to cover the capital and the interest to him.According to the EFCC statement, at maturity, the victim took the cheque to the Bank but to his consternation, it bounced.He contacted the suspect who now told him that there was no money to share as she had lost all the money invested in the online forex transaction.All efforts by the victim, who is based in Abuja, to collect his money, even without interest, failed.Instead, the suspect started sending pastors of their church to persuade the victim from taking any action, but the bank where the victim sourced the money would not accept any excuses.It was at this point that the victim decided to report the case to EFCC, which subsequently arrested the pastor. On interrogation, she confessed to have collected the money from the victim, adding She stated that she knew the victim through his sister who is a member of Christ Embassy, Lagos and that she decided to introduce the forex business to him."He gave me N3million in April this year and I promised him N4.5million in 45 days, because the interest I expected from the business was another N3million and we agreed that we would share the interest equally," Pastor Omawumi said. She said that the unusual happened when the President of European Central Bank, Jean-Claude Trichet announced worldwide that there might be increase in the interest rate of Euro and this led to panic buying and eventual crash of the market.The suspect, however, confessed that as of the time she issued the cheque to the victim, she did not have money in the account.The suspect, who claimed to be a full worker at Christ Embassy headquarters, however promised to refund the money as soon as possible.EFCC, which said the Pastor has regretted her action, quoted her as telling its investigators: I feel bad, it was an irrational move, and I should not have been involve."

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/200810070591.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests 3 Trans-border Traffickers, Intercepts Tramadol Tabs, Loud / Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! / 2 Bandits' Informants In Katsina Confess To Have Masterminded Kidnappings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.