Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election (2121 Views)

Wike Calls For Amaechi’s Arrest, PM News / New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E / This Is Wickedness! See Amaechi In Dustbin(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by Cmeo(m): 4:59am On Jun 19, 2013
Jigawa Sate Governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido, on Tuesday said nine Peoples Democratic Party governors voted for the incumbent chairman of the Nigeria Governors' Forum, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, at the June 4 election that later divided the forum.

Lamido gave a specific insight into what happened during the NGF election while speaking in an interview with the Hausa Service of the Voice of America monitored in Abuja, on Tuesday

Speaking specifically about the election of Ameachi as Chairman, NGF, Lamido said,

"I also voted for Ameachi. Look, in the PDP, myself, the governor of Kano, the governor of Niger, the governor of Kebbi, the governor of Sokoto, the governor of Kwara, the governor of Rivers, the governor of Adamawa, nine of us PDP governors voted for him.

"This election was for the NGF, not a candidate for the PDP; there is nothing to it."

In a veiled reference to the consensus reached by the Northern Governor Forum to present Governor Jonah Jang as consensus candidate.

He said, "For one group to come and say 'this is your leader, let's present him to the nation'. Things are not done like that. People forget easily we are all reasonable people and the PDP was founded by reasonable people."

Lamido also took a swipe at the party's leadership over the suspension of Sokoto State Governor, Aliyu Wamakko.

While describing the suspension of Wamakko by the Bamanga Tukur-led National Working Committee as reckless, he said leaders needed to be circumspect in taking decisions.

He said, "Any reasonable politician, who has foresight, knows that doing anything that will cause trouble for party members or bring confusion, a leader should avoid it.

"The suspension of Wamakko was a mistake that shows a lack of leadership. Secondly, there was recklessness because what was his offence?

"The truth is Bamanga Tukur was defeated in Bauchi or was he not defeated during the zonal elections in Bauchi? He was defeated, not so?

"Myself, Wamakko, the governor of Kano and others came together and said what they (North East) did was wrong, so we will not agree; let us go for an election.

"The North East said its consensus candidate was Babayo. Bamanga Tukur was brought to us at the convention and we elected him, even from this, you have your answer (about the NGF election)."

Source:
http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/nine-pdp-govs-voted-for-amaechi-lamido/

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by OgaTheTop2: 5:04am On Jun 19, 2013
cool
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by yimikaa: 6:38am On Jun 19, 2013
Ghen ghen... NGF season two(The confession) grab your copy now..
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by tomakint: 6:47am On Jun 19, 2013
NGF? An election that had longed be forgotten, concluded is what this Obj's stooge is still crying about? Let's wait and see as events unfold! This is democracy anyone is free to vote according to the dictates of his or her conscience!

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by FrankC3: 7:27am On Jun 19, 2013
Ok, Mr Lamido but a few questions for you:

1. Are you not worried that some people among the 9 governors voted for Amaechi on the 4th on July and showed up for a meeting convoked by Jang on the 5th? Example is Ahmed of Kwara.

2. Is it true that you people, including the 9 of you who for a reasonable chunk of the 19 members of the governors forum agreed that Jang should be the consensus candidate of the Northern governors, without even you, Lamido, raising objection. What kind of man agrees to some decisions made at his immediate family meeting level only renege on such at the town union level?

3. You talked about NGF leader being for everybody everywhere in the country. What is your position on the leader of the body statutorily billed to come from the political party with the biggest representation. If you agree that being a governor under PDP in the present dispensation qualifies one to lead NGF, can you reconcile it with your present claim of divorcing the same PDP interest in who leads the forum?

4. Are you aware of any prior in the NGF constitution that recognises that the leadership rotates between North and South?

5. Since you openly come out to state that you supported Amaechi's candidature, which i see nothing wrong with, just that you should have stated that clearly at your regional meeting that accepted Jang as your candidate, you being one of the founding members of PDP who should show other the way, do i assume that you support Amaechi's position of a) Eternal dependence of LGs on the the State Govs, not even State Assembly. B) Rejection of sovereign wealth fund and retaining of excess crude account that expose the fund to political pressure from you governors to be shared any time as was the build up to 2011 elections and c) Governors forum serving as a pressure group to the FG or do i say, a point of check and balance instead of the National Assembly?

Mr Lamido, i think you don't like Tukur, so it is blinding your position. If the positions canvassed by Amaechi are what you will want to institute if you ever become President, then you are very far from it. I expect you to be a voice of moderation in the PDP. You should not be caught speaking like Kwankwaso, because you are one of the few Northerner that someone like me have respect for. You have never been known as a turncoat or maverick, so forget it!! You should work with your party to resolve any issue and not excerbate it. So far your position has helped destroyed NGF, both central and regional. I don't thing that is what you wanted, Mr Lamido.

10 Likes

Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by Geomac: 7:37am On Jun 19, 2013
Frank-C:

1. Are you not worried that some people among the 9 governors voted for Amaechi on the 4th on July and showed up for a meeting convoked by Jang on the 5th? Example is Ahmed of Kwara.

I will like to see the link where Kwara state governor was quoted that he attended the meeting. Stop spreading lies!
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by oshyno(m): 7:48am On Jun 19, 2013
Honestly this points to one thing: destroy anything that will make GEJ clinch PDP 2015 ticket. Is a known fact that Aliyu, Lamido are interested in d presidency 2015. To me this is anti party at the NGF level, or u explain to me hw u resolve within urselves that Jang is ur candidate only to work against him. A true democrate voice his opinion frm d let go n let's everybody know where his interest lies. This is d same aliyu daz been crying that GEJ shud honour a gentleman agreement he entered with d north yet u can't honour a simple agreement as dis. Bloody hypocritical politician.

6 Likes

Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by omiobo: 7:50am On Jun 19, 2013
Lo ba tan o! Fowl yansh don open,we don see its anus.
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by Geomac: 8:03am On Jun 19, 2013
oshyno: Honestly this points to one thing: destroy anything that will make GEJ clinch PDP 2015 ticket. Is a known fact that Aliyu, Lamido are interested in d presidency 2015. To me this is anti party at the NGF level, or u explain to me hw u resolve within urselves that Jang is ur candidate only to work against him. A true democrate voice his opinion frm d let go n let's everybody know where his interest lies. This is d same aliyu daz been crying that GEJ shud honour a gentleman agreement he entered with d north yet u can't honour a simple agreement as dis. Bloody hypocritical politician.

Let me correct you, The Chief Servant - Talba of Minna is not interested in the presidency but he stands for honesty. Why are you people spreading lies?
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by Rhino4dm: 8:06am On Jun 19, 2013
. . .And these are the governors ready to "port " to APC, Lai Mohammed was talking about. Can't wait to celebrate the end of the killer party. Imagine PDP becoming the minority party? sweet.

Yo' Bamangar, How about suspending these disloyal fellows? Abi na only for Amaechi Mr. clueless get power? Oh well, the sissy president is afraid?

Adieu PDP (1998 - 2014)

1 Like

Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 19, 2013
Frank-C:

ARE YOU NOT WORRIED THAT ONLY 16 GOVERNORS MADE IT TO THAT MEETING?

Frank-C:
2. Is it true that you people, including the 9 of you who for a reasonable chunk of the 19 members of the governors forum agreed that Jang should be the consensus candidate of the Northern governors, without even you, Lamido, raising objection. What kind of man agrees to some decisions made at his immediate family meeting level only renege on such at the town union level?

IT'S CALLED POLITICS DIMWIT, ENDORSEMENTS DON'T MEAN VICTORY! ONE VOTE, ONE RIGHT!!

Frank-C:

3. You talked about NGF leader being for everybody everywhere in the country. What is your position on the leader of the body statutorily billed to come from the political party with the biggest representation. If you agree that being a governor under PDP in the present dispensation qualifies one to lead NGF, can you reconcile it with your present claim of divorcing the same PDP interest in who leads the forum?

PDP HAS MORE MEMBERS IN THE NGF; NOT SO DIFFICULT MATHS TO SOLVE!

Frank-C:
4. Are you aware of any prior in the NGF constitution that recognises that the leadership rotates between North and South?

ARE YOU AWARE IN PDP'S CONSTITUTION, A NORTHERNER IS SUPPOSED TO BE PRESIDENT NOW?

Frank-C:
5. Since you openly come out to state that you supported Amaechi's candidature, which i see nothing wrong with, just that you should have stated that clearly at your regional meeting that accepted Jang as your candidate, you being one of the founding members of PDP who should show other the way, do i assume that you support Amaechi's position of a) Eternal dependence of LGs on the the State Govs, not even State Assembly. B) Rejection of sovereign wealth fund and retaining of excess crude account that expose the fund to political pressure from you governors to be shared any time as was the build up to 2011 elections and c) Governors forum serving as a pressure group to the FG or do i say, a point of check and balance instead of the National Assembly?

BUT JANG'S GOVERNMENT IN PLATEAU SUPPORTS ETERNAL DEPENDENCY OF LGS TO STATE GOVS, JANG'S GOVERNMENT ALSO REJECTS SOVEREIGN WEALTH FUND. IF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY HAS SOLD IT'S RESPONSIBILTY OF CHECKING THE FG'S EXCESSES, I SEE NO QUALMS IF ANOTHER GROUP PICKS UP THE RESPONSIBILITY

MY FRIEND, FREE YOURSELF FROM THE SLAVE MENTALITY CLOUDING YOU!! YOUR VOTE SHOULD COUNT. BECAUSE CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS GO ABOUT ENDORSING PEOPLE DOESN'T MAKE IT A FREE WAY TO WINNING ELECTIONS. ELECTING LEADERS SHOULDN'T BE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENTS BUT PERSONAL ASSESSMENTS DONE BY EACH VOTER THRASHING OUT THE MERITS AND DEMERITS!!
WHEN CLOWNS SAY "SOUTH SOUTH HAS ENDORSED JONATHAN, MIDDLE BELT HAS ENDORSED JONATHAN, SOUTH EAST HAS ENDORSED JONATHAN ETC, THAT'S NOT ME! I HAVE A BRAIN, IF I SEE THAT JONATHAN HAS PERFORMED WELL I WILL ENDORSE HIM WITH MY ONE VOTE (ONLY ONE)! THE DECISION IS MINE AND NOT THAT OF A GROUP OF GOOD FOR NOTHINGS.

13 Likes

Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by ckkris: 8:20am On Jun 19, 2013
The BETRAYERS are crying. Their serpentine nature is exposed by themselves, and some knave call it politics. OK.
JONA is still in good standing to win PDP PRIMARIES.
JONA WINS 2015
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by Brimmie(m): 8:48am On Jun 19, 2013
[size=30]9 Peoples ke??[/size] undecided undecided

Last meeting led by Jang, 12 governors were present!

Amaechi is the man yo!! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 19, 2013
Oga lamido, no wahala!

But when you people will present your "Northern Consensus" candidate in 2015, some of will remind you that
"For one group to come and say 'this is your leader, let's present him to the nation'. Things are not done like that. People forget easily we are all reasonable people and the PDP was founded by reasonable people."

Some of us can discern where this is coming from and where it is going to. Amechi is just a pun in the chase board of 2015 permutations. It is unfortunate that he is a willing tool.

So, the 19 Northern governors met and presented a "consensus candidate", but you went behind to vote for Amechi from South south against Jang from your Northern region, because you are now a free thinker and a great democrat?

You can tell that to the "jury"!

I know why Jang was not a favourite!
He is not from "real North"!
Jang is pro Jonathan
Amechi is tool to play the spoilers game.

Yet Oga Lamido!

2015 will take shape in the way that will shock all you.
I hope you present the bad news called Buhari as your flag bearer! We shall meet at the ballot box!

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by egift(m): 9:40am On Jun 19, 2013
The fact that PDP cannot do "hemmm" on this brings so much joy. If PDP leadership tries - most Northern PDP governors will select another presidential candidate (remember Tony Anineth trying to avoid primaries) Or they will join APC and the dilapidated PDP boat will capsize in 2015.
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by faith722003: 9:44am On Jun 19, 2013
great
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by egift(m): 9:47am On Jun 19, 2013
noblezone: Oga lamido, no wahala!

I hope you present the bad news called Buhari as your flag bearer! We shall meet at the ballot box!

On a Buhari/Fashola 2015
If the Northern elite get out of the way or support, if it comes to popular vote, a Buhari/Fashola ticket will get at least 70% of the North, 70% of SW, 10% SE, 10% SS and 50% MB.

Buhari/Fashola (2015-2019) - pdp panic mode in full activation
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 19, 2013
noblezone: Oga lamido, no wahala!

But when you people will present your "Northern Consensus" candidate in 2015, some of will remind you that

Some of us can discern where this is coming from and where it is going to. Amechi is just a pun in the chase board of 2015 permutations. It is unfortunate that he is a willing tool.

So, the 19 Northern governors met and presented a "consensus candidate", but you went behind to vote for Amechi from South south against Jang from your Northern region, because you are now a free thinker and a great democrat?

You can tell that to the "jury"!

I know why Jang was not a favourite!
He is not from "real North"!
Jang is pro Jonathan
Amechi is tool to play the spoilers game.

Yet Oga Lamido!

@ the bolded

hey why not lets do away with elections and let the caucus members decide for us who gets what and when; don't you think?

bro I feel your pain: you are upset your principal has been defied and his invincibility questioned by his own party men way before 2015 while the opposition is closing ranks. don't worry, politics is a game of interest, things might change for the good (or worst) before that time comes. just keep your fingers crossed
wink

1 Like

Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 19, 2013
I could remember, I once saw a thread about posters of Lamido and Amaechi in Kogi state sometime ago... What went wrong?
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by Parisbee5(m): 10:48am On Jun 19, 2013
Truth will definitely prevail... Ameachi is the authentic chairman of NGF.... Sefini
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by iwanchop(m): 11:44am On Jun 19, 2013
What those brave governors did is not new to politicking,Tambuwwal was not meant to become the speaker if House of rep according to PDP 's permutations.
Amaechi in conjuction with opposition governors scuttled another PDP permutation to make the governors' forum answerable to the president.
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by flexeey: 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2013
@ mod, front page please
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by 1025: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2013
Frank-C:

Mr Lamido, i think you don't like Tukur, so it is blinding your position. If the positions canvassed by Amaechi are what you will want to institute if you ever become President, then you are very far from it. I expect you to be a voice of moderation in the PDP. You should not be caught speaking like Kwankwaso, because you are one of the few Northerner that someone like me have respect for. You have never been known as a turncoat or maverick, so forget it!! You should work with your party to resolve any issue and not excerbate it. So far your position has helped destroyed NGF, both central and regional. I don't thing that is what you wanted, Mr Lamido.

uncle, a gov can vote for amaechi and still attend the meeting organised by jang. have u asked urself how one group knows everything the other group does at all times? a gov can attend a meeting as a spy.
one truth even dead nigerians know is that amaechi won the election but somebody is using his political muscles on that situation and in the pdp fashion trying to impose somebody on some ppl.
for us to progress as country, justice must always be our watch word.
please learn to call a spade, spade.
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by FrankC3: 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
1025:

uncle, a gov can vote for amaechi and still attend the meeting organised by jang. have u asked urself how one group knows everything the other group does at all times? a gov can attend a meeting as a spy.
one truth even dead nigerians know is that amaechi won the election but somebody is using his political muscles on that situation and in the pdp fashion trying to impose somebody on some ppl.
for us to progress as country, justice must always be our watch word.
please learn to call a spade, spade.
And have you wondered why Amaechi has not convoked a meeting of his massive followership?
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by ckkris: 3:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
egift: If PDP leadership tries - most Northern PDP governors will select another presidential candidate.

Or they will join APC and the dilapidated PDP boat will capsize in 2015.
JONA will still win PDP primaries. Those Boko Haram people didn't vote JONA in 2011, they voted Buhari and CPC. Similar voting pattern will give President Jonathan a resounding electoral victory in 2015.
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by ckkris: 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
Frank-C:

And have you wondered why Amaechi has not convoked a meeting of his massive followership?
Or resign from PDP and join APC.
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
torkaka:

@ the bolded

hey why not lets do away with elections and let the caucus members decide for us who gets what and when; don't you think?

[b]bro I feel your pain:
you are upset your principal has been defied and his invincibility questioned by his own party men way before 2015 while the opposition is closing ranks. don't worry, politics is a game of interest, things might change for the good (or worst) before that time comes. just keep your fingers crossed [/b]wink

hahahahahahaha!
Bros,m are you a comedian or what?

You really cracked me up with "I feel your pain" and what are you referring to as my principle?

Where I come from, we don't do consensus! In fact 100 people can come out to contest, then we can pick the best from among them.

My position is that the man is telling half the truth!
They have been doing consensus, how come that it is in this one he wants to be a democrat?
Amaechi is just a pun, they will use him and dump him.

Bros, quote me, if the consensus candidate have just 2 qualities, 1. he is from the core north and 2. he is anti Jonathan, this man will be singing a different song.

On the other hand, this is 2013, I am so happy that these events are taking place now.
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by brixton: 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
Who's d 9th governor? My guess... Bauchi, katsina or delta?
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
noblezone:

hahahahahahaha!
Bros,m are you a comedian or what?

You really cracked me up with "I feel your pain" and what are you referring to as my principle?

Where I come from, we don't do consensus! In fact 100 people can come out to contest, then we can pick the best from among them.

My position is that the man is telling half the truth!
They have been doing consensus, how come that it is in this one he wants to be a democrat?
Amaechi is just a pun, they will use him and dump him.

Bros, quote me, if the consensus candidate have just 2 qualities, 1. he is from the core north and 2. he is anti Jonathan, this man will be singing a different song.

On the other hand, this is 2013, I am so happy that these events are taking place now.

if Ameachi is a pawn, let them use him and dump him as you say. for now what we "the non-importants" (read masses)are saying is simple; if 36 individuals at the helm of affairs don't know the greater number between 19 and 16 then how much more can we count 170m in 2015? that's our worry!
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by Mylove55(f): 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
ckkris: The BETRAYERS are crying. Their serpentine nature is exposed by themselves, and some knave call it politics. OK.
JONA is still in good standing to win PDP PRIMARIES.
JONA WINS 2015
can u listen to urself,see how Gej dey fail for everything,common Ngf election,he fail woefully,so how can he win pdp primary,not to talk of general election.Gej can see dat jang were use unknowingly for failure,Gej should hands-up and sumit to amaechi,because Gej does'nt know politics,he should go to zoo,to practice what he know.resign and leave aso rock.and go back to zoo.
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by egift(m): 3:16am On Jun 20, 2013
Mylove55: can u listen to urself,see how Gej dey fail for everything,common Ngf election,he fail woefully,so how can he win pdp primary,not to talk of general election.Gej can see dat jang were use unknowingly for failure,Gej should hands-up and sumit to amaechi,because Gej does'nt know politics,he should go to zoo,to practice what he know.resign and leave aso rock.and go back to zoo.

Here is President Jonathan's credentials:
BSc In Fisheries
PHD in Zoology

Why is he not practicing what he studied? I mean he could start Fish farming, open a Zoo or report to National Geographic from the jungles of Bayelsa.
Re: Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election by Mogidi: 4:41am On Jun 20, 2013
We will never surrender the presidency, NO SURRENDER

[size=16pt]GEJ[/size] [size=16pt]CARRY GO[/size] [size=16pt]2015[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja Young Ladies Now Turn Drivers, Power-bikers, Ushers And Bouncers (Photos) / Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says / Made-in-nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.