Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says (2132 Views)

Peter Obi Is Running For Senate / Calistus Obi Is Acting NIMASA DG / Stop Fighting Obiano, Monarch Tells Ex-gov Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by tender92(m): 7:39am On Sep 14, 2013
THE IGWE OF PETER OBI'S TOWN, AGULU. *We can't boast of a single manufacturing industry, not even a pure
water company In what seems like a sincere outburst of a royal father, the Igwe of
Agulu, Governor Peter Obi's town yesterday at Onitsha during the
official campaign kick of Labour Party candidate in the forth coming
November 16 governorship election in Anambra state, Dr Patrick Ifeanyi
Uba. The Igwe of Agulu, His Royal Highness Igwe Innocent Obodoakor
took a swipe at Gov Peter Obi, describing him as a failure in governance of Anambra state and also a big disgrace and disappointment to Agulu
people. He said for 8 years their so called son has been in power that
Agulu cannot boast a single well dualized modern road nor a single
manufacturing industry not even a pure water factory. He urged
Anambrarians to chose who will there next governor base on personal
conviction and achievements of a candidate.

My Opinion;I think MR.Peter Obi has done well so far for the people of Anambra state,looking at his achievement in the Economic sector,Education sector,infrastructural developments in Anambra state.(I stand to be corrected).
This makes me to wonder;is there a hidden fight going on between the two parties?
Or is it just a mere politics as usual were one try's to again favour of the upcoming candidate?

What's your take

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by stanbiggi(m): 7:50am On Sep 14, 2013
My so called tender or what ever u call ur self. Stop o pining on what u don't see or know or even if u do but its base on propangada. The truth is that peter has done no better than the other gov. So there is no change. So the traditional head may be right. I schoold in anambra and know what I am telling u
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by tender92(m): 8:15am On Sep 14, 2013
stanbiggi: My so called tender or what ever u call ur self. Stop o pining on what u don't see or know or even if u do but its base on propangada. The truth is that peter has done no better than the other gov. So there is no change. So the traditional head may be right. I schoold in anambra and know what I am telling u
Brother that's your view
Plz can u give me few reasons?
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 14, 2013
Idi Amin will say the truth on this. I am from Agulu and the last time I travelled home in May this year, I saw several roads constructed by Peter Obi in my town. Igwe Obodoakor is a very silly and money loving fellow. Na so he support Andy Uba the other time just because he gave him a car. Maybe Ifeanyi Uba has given him a car also. Infact, I think its time we teach that senile Igwe some lessons. Any Agulu youth based in USA here?

2 Likes

Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by asha80(m): 9:13am On Sep 14, 2013
Idi Amin: Idi Amin will say the truth on this. I am from Agulu and the last time I travelled home in May this year, I saw several roads constructed by Peter Obi in my town. Igwe Obodoakor is a very silly and money loving fellow. Na so he support Andy Uba the other time just because he gave him a car. Maybe Ifeanyi Uba has given him a car also. Infact, I think its time we teach that senile Igwe some lessons. Any Agulu youth based in USA here?
if that is the case(as per him supporting uba andy before) then i am rest assured the kind of igwe he is.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 14, 2013
asha 80: if that is the case(as per him supporting uba andy before) then i am rest assured the kind of igwe he is.
He is just an opportunist. He assumed that post when Agulu was in chaos due to religious crises and he was allowed to continue when peace finally returned. Peter Obi after declaring interest to run for Governorship race in 2003, hustled alongside Late Chike Ozueh, COSPAM and Oliver Afamefuna OLIBEST to return peace. Since then, that silly Igwe and Dan Ogbuefi BEKKS have continued to engage in unpatriotic activities to run my town down just because of money. Na God go purnish them undecided
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by FreeGlobe(f): 9:30am On Sep 14, 2013
asha 80: if that is the case(as per him supporting uba andy before) then i am rest assured the kind of igwe he is.
it seems like you hate Andy Uba more than the devil himself and I don't know why, maybe personal since its nothing we know of publicly but Andy Ubah will be a million times better governor than Peter obi any day. He is currently a Senator and not doing badly, he is the best performing Senator in Anambra. The igwe is right, that is why Peter obi is trying to save face by building the agulu lake hotel at the tail end of his tenure. He was busy building his sabmiller and stuffing cash in his fidelity bank all through
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by FreeGlobe(f): 9:32am On Sep 14, 2013
Idi Amin: He is just an opportunist. He assumed that post when Agulu was in chaos due to religious crises and he was allowed to continue when peace finally returned. Peter Obi after declaring interest to run for Governorship race in 2003, hustled alongside Late Chike Ozueh, COSPAM and Oliver Afamefuna OLIBEST to return peace. Since then, that silly Igwe and Dan Ogbuefi BEKKS have continued to engage in unpatriotic activities to run my town down just because of money. Na God go purnish them undecided
can you state what Peter obi has done in Agulu and shame the igwe. counter the igwe with facts.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by asha80(m): 9:40am On Sep 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
it seems like you hate Andy Uba more than the devil himself and I don't know why, maybe personal since its nothing we know of publicly but Andy Ubah will be a million times better governor than Peter obi any day. He is currently a Senator and not doing badly, he is the best performing Senator in Anambra. The igwe is right, that is why Peter obi is trying to save face by building the agulu lake hotel at the tail end of his tenure. He was busy building his sabmiller and stuffing cash in his fidelity bank all through
if you love andy uba that is your perogative...i have my opinion about the man.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
can you state what Peter obi has done in Agulu and shame the igwe. counter the igwe with facts.
Atleast I can boastfully count over 3 completed and 9 yet to be completed roads in Agulu as at May this year. I also saw pipe borne water being constructed. That young man might be slow buh he is definitely working. Remember he is not just Agulu governor buh the entire Anambra state. The Igwe is just interested in the amount of money shared instead of meaningful development sad

2 Likes

Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by Controversy: 9:48am On Sep 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
We will be more interested to see what he have as Igwe done to Agulu. That stupid and self centered Igwe? Smh!

1 Like

Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by gleaf: 9:55am On Sep 14, 2013
[b][/b]
FreeGlobe:
Apart from roads contructed , he is currently building the biggest and best resort centre in Agulu(agulu lake) , so as for Igwe Agulu he openly said that day , that during Obi's first election he donated money to him and Obi thanked hima nd told him not to expect the money back or any favour if he win! So for such a man. That claims to be leading a community and expects personal gain from a governor just cos he donated money for his election. ..... Hmmm!. I don't want to make any comment about the Igwe's character.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by jbaur24: 9:57am On Sep 14, 2013
Igwe!
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by IGBOSON1: 10:08am On Sep 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:

^^^And in addition, can we see concrete evidence of what he's done for 8 years in education, health and the environment? I concede (going by the large number of people that say so) that he's done much in the provision of rural roads, but that's about it really! I was so shocked and shamed on hearing that Prof Achebes' alma mater was so dilapidated to the extent that President Jonathan and the President of Ghana had to intervene and promised to provide funds to rehabilitate it!

Also, governance is more than just providing roads; it's more about the economy and positioning the state for accelerated development in all sectors! In this regard, i'd say he's done reasonably well in providing an enabling environment for business and industry, but i'm highly disappointed with the states pathetic IGR as Anambra state should easily be bringing in 5 billion naira monthly.

So, like we see with Akwa Ibom, Lagos and Enugu, can we see evidence of Peter Obis' sterling work these past 8 years?

PS- it should be noted though that he's gone into overdrive in the past few months, but cynics would be forgiven for thinking it has something to do with the upcoming elections!
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 14, 2013
Idi Amin: Atleast I can boastfully count over 3 completed and 9 yet to be completed roads in Agulu as at May this year. I also saw pipe borne water being constructed. That young man might be slow buh he is definitely working. Remember he is not just Agulu governor buh the entire Anambra state. The Igwe is just interested in the amount of money shared instead of meaningful development sad

Stop washing your Igwe dirty linen in a public forum....you are only arming your opponents with tool of attack
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by slimfit1(m): 10:27am On Sep 14, 2013
3 roads in 8 years yebo people self. Hahahaaaaaaahha na wah oh.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by FreeGlobe(f): 10:28am On Sep 14, 2013
Idi Amin: Atleast I can boastfully count over 3 completed and 9 yet to be completed roads in Agulu as at May this year. I also saw pipe borne water being constructed. That young man might be slow buh he is definitely working. Remember he is not just Agulu governor buh the entire Anambra state. The Igwe is just interested in the amount of money shared instead of meaningful development sad
I hope you understand you've not answered the question. mention names and not some propaganda
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by Controversy: 10:29am On Sep 14, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^And in addition, can we see concrete evidence of what he's done for 8 years in education, health and the environment? I concede (going by the large number of people that say so) that he's done much in the provision of rural roads, but that's about it really! I was so shocked and shamed on hearing that Prof Achebes' alma mater was so dilapidated to the extent that President Jonathan and the President of Ghana had to intervene and promised to provide funds to rehabilitate it!

Also, governance is more than just providing roads; it's more about the economy and positioning the state for accelerated development in all sectors! In this regard, i'd say he's done reasonably well in providing an enabling environment for business and industry, but i'm highly disappointed with the states pathetic IGR as Anambra state should easily be bringing in 5 billion naira monthly.

So, like we see with Akwa Ibom, Lagos and Enugu, can we see evidence of Peter Obis' sterling work these past 8 years?

PS- it should be noted though that he's gone into overdrive in the past few months, but cynics would be forgiven for thinking it has something to do with the upcoming elections!
Where are from let see if there is no dilapidated school in your state
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:40am On Sep 14, 2013
Obi will be remembered as the Gov that stole our vision of the new east. Shame on you, as i am left with Ifeanyi Uba the least candidate of my choice originally.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 14, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

Stop washing your Igwe dirty linen in a public forum....you are only arming your opponents with tool of attack
If an elderstatesman like him can publicly sell his conscience for few naira notes from Ifeany Uba, then he doesn't deserve my loyalty sad
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by cjrane: 11:09am On Sep 14, 2013
tender92: THE IGWE OF PETER OBI'S TOWN, AGULU. *We can't boast of a single manufacturing industry, not even a pure
water company In what seems like a sincere outburst of a royal father, the Igwe of
Agulu, Governor Peter Obi's town yesterday at Onitsha during the
official campaign kick of Labour Party candidate in the forth coming
November 16 governorship election in Anambra state, Dr Patrick Ifeanyi
Uba. The Igwe of Agulu, His Royal Highness Igwe Innocent Obodoakor
took a swipe at Gov Peter Obi, describing him as a failure in governance of Anambra state and also a big disgrace and disappointment to Agulu
people. He said for 8 years their so called son has been in power that
Agulu cannot boast a single well dualized modern road nor a single
manufacturing industry not even a pure water factory. He urged
Anambrarians to chose who will there next governor base on personal
conviction and achievements of a candidate.

[size=38pt]source ?[/size]
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by tender92(m): 11:18am On Sep 14, 2013
IGBO-SON:

It's an open fact dat Mr Peter Obi has won so many awards in terms of Good governance n state enhancement of most sectors of the state..
And it's also well known that some group of people don't like or support his pattern of Governance which blindfolds them from seeing the radical social reform in the state.

Come to think of it again,the states you mentioned above are not in the same level of development,either are they even in terms of state allocation.
And on the issue of Prof Achebes' alma mater,I believe that Prof.Achebe is a Nigerian & he has brought so many honors to Nigeria as a whole not just Anambra state in particular and he deserve much due from FG as a mark of honor for a successful life well spent(may his soul RIP)
FG owe him that much & the state government might as well do the little they could as a mark of respect..
Mr Peter Obi has driven the state this far without lagging in any sector of the state...

I think there is more to the statement of HRH on Peter Obi than we know.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 14, 2013
that's because he has laundered all the money through fidelity
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by IGBOSON1: 11:44am On Sep 14, 2013
Controversy:
Where are from let see if there is no dilapidated school in your state

^^^Rivers state! wink
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by ik4life: 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
tender92:
It's an open fact dat Mr Peter Obi has won so many awards in terms of Good governance n state enhancement of most sectors of the state..
And it's also well known that some group of people don't like or support his pattern of Governance which blindfolds them from seeing the radical social reform in the state.

Come to think of it again,the states you mentioned above are not in the same level of development,either are they even in terms of state allocation.
And on the issue of Prof Achebes' alma mater,I believe that Prof.Achebe is a Nigerian & he has brought so many honors to Nigeria as a whole not just Anambra state in particular and he deserve much due from FG as a mark of honor for a successful life well spent(may his soul RIP)
FG owe him that much & the state government might as well do the little they could as a mark of respect..
Mr Peter Obi has driven the state this far without lagging in any sector of the state...

I think there is more to the statement of HRH on Peter Obi than we know.
cecilia ibru won so many awards where is she now?,same with orji uzor kalu,tafa balogun,ibori etc where are they now?, awards is not a yardstick to measure success in nigeria let him leave office we will see whether he has performed or not
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by dubem3(m): 12:55pm On Sep 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:

Peter governs Anambra and not Agulu.
Am not on anybody's side just stating facts. Agulu should not be a yardstick for measuring peter's performance infact if anything it is an indicator that he is sincere and does not do things for personnal gains.

That mighty Erosion site in Agulu was fixed by Peter (on your way from mbaukwu- I stand to be corrected)
The road connecting enugwu-ukwu,agu-ukwu and agulu was built by peter obi.
THAT NO BE SOMETHING?

Meanwhile peter obi I still don't know what to make of you just yet till your result comes out after the tenure.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by investnow2013: 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
A Prophet is not accepted in his Own Home.Mr Obi I know is building must of the Roads in Agulu.We must also know that Agulu Town is within The Awka Capitol Territory.The Igwe of Agulu must learn to Appreciate Good Things!
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by Ferdinandu(m): 1:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
That Igwe is just silly.Is Anambra state made up of only Agulu town? He was looking for bazaar from the Governor but unfortunatly for him Peter Obi was not his man.He was just pretrnding as if he has any interest of Agulu town .We all know it is because his selfish intetest is not met.Obi's development plan in Anambra needs a real visioner to see .tarring roads everywhere as Ngige did is good buy it is not enough.That is What our Northern Leaders did all the while making us in the south to believe that the North was developing more than the South but the obvious is that it was a cosmetic surgery.The people were not been developed at the same time and that is why the place still looked so backwards after many years of the North holding power.Obi has a development plans that i see that is sustainable and can change Anambra state forever if subsequent Governors will not start to play politicks with it.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by FreeGlobe(f): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
^
nonsense, this obi plans must be only visible to you and the paid few? what has obi done in human development, education, infrastructure, agriculture etc, how has he affected the life of the common man on the street. He is just employing 5000 teachers for the first time in 8 years and meanwhile Anambra civil servants are least paid in the country. The igwe is 100% right.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by Kingsley1000(m): 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
I hate it wen ppl dah doesnt knw d ethics of politics start ranting rubbish...Igwe sayn dah obi has failed,is 100%right,is obvious dose covering obi sins coz of sentimental reasons...Evry one isnt blessed to rule,dats d fact u hv to knw,obi's incompetent....admittedly,he knws he has failed,y backing him up?

1 Like

Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
I thought this guy is the best governor according to my Nland SE menfolks grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gov Peter Obi Is A Total Failure And A Disgrace Says by tender92(m): 4:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
aasog1: I thought this guy is the best governor according to my Nland SE menfolks grin grin grin grin grin
Yea And still is

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties / 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan / Fg Sponsors Crude Oil Theft – Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.