Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal (1674 Views)

FG Will Rescue Chibok Girls Before May 29 – Dasuki / 2015: PDP Has Formidable Opponents, Says Mark / PDP Didn’t Make Me Speaker, Says Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by abu12: 6:48am On Jun 19, 2013
House of Representatives Speaker Aminu Tambuwal yesterday said a “formidable team” would take Nigeria “to the highest level” in 2015.
He, however, did not elaborate on who would make up the team, and declined comments on his rumoured Presidential ambition. He said he was more concerned about stabilising the House.
He addressed reporters in Lagos after delivering the Quarterly Business Lecture of theIsland Club. He spoke on the topic: The Legislature and the growth of our democracy.
During a question-and-answer session after his lecture, Tambuwal said: “The future is very bright for Nigeria and it will witness a very great and important development come 2015, to usher in a formidable team that will take Nigeria to the highest level.”
Asked whether he would run for the presidency,Tambuwal said: “I’m hearing about Presidentialambition from you for the first time. Let’s talk about something else. What I want to do for now is to stabilise the House of Representatives and ensure that we complete our tenure the way we have started. By the grace of God, we shall be remembered positively.”
On the leadership crises in his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the Speaker said disagreements are part of democracy, andthat his membership was not under threat.
“I am a member of the PDP and my membership is not threatened. The crisis in PDP is part of democracy. It’s part of democratic evolution. When you have a big family like that, you are bound to have some disagreements, even between husband and wife and among family members you have arguments. And we’re addressing them gradually,” he said.
On the latest bloody return of the Boko Haram sect, with the killing on Monday of seven students and two teachers in Damaturu, Yobe State despite the State of Emergency, Tambuwal said the security agencies deserve praise for their efforts so far despite the security challenges.
“I think the security agencies are doing their best, and I think we’re getting some positive results from the efforts they are making so far. We should continue to encourage them,” he said.
In his lecture, Tambuwal said credit must go to each member of the House for whatever modest successes the he has recorded.
“Everything we have achieved, therefore, we have achieved because members were often determined to place their country above every parochial interest. Even my emergence as Speaker has been due largely to this desire to elevate the collective interest above everything else,” he said.
Tambuwal said there is no democracy without legislature, adding: “Although we all talk about the three arms of government being separate and equal, the truth is that the legislature is thefirst among equals of these three arms of the democratic composition.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/formidable-team-will-rescue-nigeria-in-2015-says-tambuwal/
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by abu12: 7:08am On Jun 19, 2013
The speaker can aswell help nigerians to kill the present PDP so that we can see the bright future come 2015
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by dulaman: 7:13am On Jun 19, 2013
First of all. Watch your back tambuwal. You see what happened to wammako.morover you are the only pdp i saw at tinubu mother's burial
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by nig2change: 7:22am On Jun 19, 2013
I admire him but he should not join the-bring-him-down syndrome in order to gain relevance.
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by lawbabs: 7:42am On Jun 19, 2013
He is a very intelligent young man with wider network of alliances across the entire country unlike some sectional biggots and sycophants we have around both in the north and in the south.

1 Like

Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by Dreal1247: 7:42am On Jun 19, 2013
They are all thieves. They are after their pockets. Every common man that is hoping on Nigerian politicians may wait forever. We should pray that God should deliver us from them.
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 19, 2013
Asked whether he would run for the presidency,Tambuwal said: “I’m hearing about Presidentialambition from you for the first time. Let’s talk about something else. What I want to do for now is to stabilise the House of Representatives and ensure that we complete our tenure the way we have started. By the grace of God, we shall be remembered positively.”

He "declined comment". No outright denial. Hmmm...
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by Brimmie(m): 9:10am On Jun 19, 2013
I Too Like Ds Guy, Aswear!!

[size=30]#Tambuwal2015[/size] cheesy cheesy
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 19, 2013
Ok nah Tambuwal/T.A Orji 2015 shebi na wetin una want? Ndi ara
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by Gbawe: 10:28am On Jun 19, 2013
Tambuwal's ideological leanings has always being with the opposition. There are no saints in Nigerian politics but I personally like Tambuwal because the guy is brave, sophisticated, silently resolute and classy. He will go to Osun and tell the truth about the good work Aregbesola is doing. Ditto for Imo, Ondo or any State with performing leaders.

Tambuwal seems to be about development overall and it will be interested to note what his role will be towards 2015. He is definitely a suave and charismatic operator.

1 Like

Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by Goddex: 10:34am On Jun 19, 2013
Yeye!!! Talk is cheap.
Let himself and Wamakko first rescue Sokoto state, his home state. The recent poverty report by NBS places his Sokoto state as the poorest in Nigeria.
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by Meritbaba(m): 10:36am On Jun 19, 2013
Tambuwal Fashola...formidable team 2015
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by aletheia(m): 1:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
Gbawe: Tambuwal's ideological leanings has always being with the opposition. There are no saints in Nigerian politics but I personally like Tambuwal because the guy is brave, sophisticated, silently resolute and classy. He will go to Osun and tell the truth about the good work Aregbesola is doing. Ditto for Imo, Ondo or any State with performing leaders.

Tambuwal seems to be about development overall and it will be interested to note what his role will be towards 2015. He is definitely a suave and charismatic operator.

Really? How many pro-development bills have been passed by Tambuwal's House of Representatives? In fact, how many bills have they passed since 2011? Why has the petroleum industry bill not been passed? Why have they not voted a pay cut for themselves? You 've forgotten his relationship with the disgraced Bankole?

He's not pro-development. He's one of the fat cats gaming the system for their own personal gain and ambitions.

It is amusing to note how the "evil" men of PDP suddenly become "progressive", and "pro-development" and "good" when they become perceived as one of the incumbent president's rivals.

5 Likes

Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
Dreal1247: They are all thieves. They are after their pockets. Every common man that is hoping on Nigerian politicians may wait forever. We should pray that God should deliver us from them.

PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY....How will "God"deliver you?

Man,deliver yourself.

1 Like

Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by Goddex: 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
aletheia:

Really? How many pro-development bills have been passed by Tambuwal's House of Representatives? In fact, how many bills have they passed since 2011? Why has the petroleum industry bill not been passed? Why have they not voted a pay cut for themselves? You 've forgotten his relationship with the disgraced Bankole?

He's not pro-development. He's one of the fat cats gaming the system for their own personal gain and ambitions.

It is amusing to note how the "evil" men of PDP suddenly become "progressive", and "pro-development" and "good" when they become perceived as one of the incumbent president's rivals.

Bros, you took the words out of my mouth on the bolded. Just yesterday, Eko Ile his colleague in hypocrisy was posting beautiful pictures of PDP's Sule Lamido's development strides in Jigawa state. Can you imagine? Suddenly, their best performing governors now are Ameachi, Lamido's, Babangida Aliyu, and Wamakko because they perceive them to be anti - GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by Mcleo007(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
Dreal1247: They are all thieves. They are after their pockets. Every common man that is hoping on Nigerian politicians may wait forever. We should pray that God should deliver us from them.

Statements like ur last line make me wail. Nigerians always playing the God game, as though God will come from whereever he is to come and solve man made problems.

1 Like

Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by ckkris: 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
aletheia:

How many pro-development bills have been passed by Tambuwal's House of Representatives?
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by Gbawe: 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
aletheia:

This is why I avoid people like you. You are always making assumption and reasoning sentimentally. I don't rate Tambuwal high merely because he is a "rival" of the incumbent as you posit wrongly and bellicosely. Tambuwal went to Osun and, as the fourth most powerful Nigerian, helped peace reign when the PDP was trying to heat up the polity dangerously and rope Aregbesola into some 'Islamisation' plot.

The man shunned partisanship to say he did not see any Islamisation going on. Instead he stated unequivocally that all was peaceful and that Aregbesola was busy with his core duty and delivering for the people. The PDP troublemakers like Omisore had no choice but to shut up after that because Tambuwal would not join them in 'dirty politics'. This is, by all accounts, a man who appears to want to side with what is just and equitable. In fact, Tambuwal reminds me of Ken Nnamani who is another PDP politician I like and respect.

There are other instances where Tambuwal has acted similarly when he could have joined the politics of enmity most Nigerian politicians uphold. Next time, abeg avoid quoting me if you will only make wrong assumption against what I write. You could have asked why I rate the man and I would have told you. Yet, like others here you appear to be into trying to taint others negatively.

3 Likes

Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
Meritbaba: Tambuwal Fashola...formidable team 2015
In the US, they recycle plastic bottles, aluminum cans, scrap metal, etc. In Nigeria, we recycle Politicians, fraudsters, charlatans, miracle workers, etc.
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by aletheia(m): 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2013
Gbawe: You could have asked why I rate the man and I would have told you. Yet, like others here you appear to be into trying to taint others negatively.
^
What's with the whining? Aren't the answers to the questions I asked you objective enough to convince me or anyone else as to why you think Tambuwal "seems to be about development overall".
aletheia:
1. How many pro-development bills have been passed by Tambuwal's House of Representatives?
2. In fact, how many bills have they passed since 2011?
3. Why has the petroleum industry bill not been passed?
4. Why have they not voted a pay cut for themselves?
5. You 've forgotten his relationship with the disgraced Bankole?

Gbawe:
Tambuwal went to Osun and, as the fourth most powerful Nigerian, helped peace reign when the PDP was trying to heat up the polity dangerously and rope Aregbesola into some 'Islamisation' plot.

The man shunned partisanship to say he did not see any Islamisation going on. Instead he stated unequivocally that all was peaceful and that Aregbesola was busy with his core duty and delivering for the people. The PDP troublemakers like Omisore had no choice but to shut up after that because Tambuwal would not join them in 'dirty politics'. This is, by all accounts, a man who appears to want to side with what is just and equitable. In fact, Tambuwal reminds me of Ken Nnamani who is another PDP politician I like and respect.

There are other instances where Tambuwal has acted similarly when he could have joined the politics of enmity most Nigerian politicians uphold. Next time, abeg avoid quoting me if you will only make wrong assumption against what I write. You could have asked why I rate the man and I would have told you. Yet, like others here you appear to be into trying to taint others negatively.

You are the one reasoning sentimentally. Distilled to its essence: your reason for thinking Tambuwal "seems to be about development overall" is because he did not antagonize Aregbesola. Really? What puerile reasoning.

"Politics of enmity." That's rich, coming from an ACN hound dog like you.

Which reminds me of Elvis Presley's song:

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Cryin all the time.
Cryin all the time.
Well, you aint never caught a rabbit
And you ain't no friend of mine.

When they said you was high classed,
Well, that was just a lie.
When they said you was high classed,
Well, that was just a lie.
You ain't never caught a rabbit

1 Like

Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by Gbawe: 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
aletheia:
^
What's with the whining? Aren't the answers to the questions I asked you objective enough to convince me or anyone else as to why you think Tambuwal "seems to be about development overall".

You are the one reasoning sentimentally. Distilled to its essence: your reason for thinking Tambuwal "seems to be about development overall" is because he did not antagonize Aregbesola. Really? What puerile reasoning.

"Politics of enmity." That's rich, coming from an ACN hound dog like you.

Which reminds me of Elvis Presley's song:

This is what posters like you, carrying 'issues' around, enjoy. This mindless back and forth that means you were always angling to be obliged so you can get into market-women quarrelling mode you enjoy far more than contributing your own opinion. You have done exactly this before and I should have known better than to even respond to anything you write. I simply will not bother in future. Not worth the hassle really for a junk, emotional and personality-obsessed tw1t like you. You should really get a life. You don't sound mentally healthy or secure.

4 Likes

Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
Tambuwal!
Nigeria has no future.

Nigeria is the visible proof of the superiority of the Whiteman to the black race.
They came and created a cage for us and called it a country.

The sooner you start thinking of how Northern Nigeria can come out of the bondage occasioned by the practice of some primitive religion, the better.

The work is quite tough but you guys must work hard to substitute Arabic Studies with Engineering, Medicine, Humanities, etc or at least if Arabic studies is a must, let it be side by side with the above mentioned.
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by aletheia(m): 4:50pm On Jun 19, 2013
Gbawe: This is what posters like you, carrying 'issues' around, enjoy. This mindless back and forth that means you were always angling to be obliged so you can get into market-women quarrelling mode you enjoy far more than contributing your own opinion. You have done exactly this before and I should have known better than to even respond to anything you write. I simply will not bother in future. Not worth the hassle really for a junk, emotional and personality-obsessed tw1t like you. You should really get a life. You don't sound mentally healthy or secure.
^
See your life in 3D! Magana dogon turenchi! Simple kweshion, you no fit answer, jus' dey blow grammar.

1. How many pro-development bills have been passed by Tambuwal's House of Representatives?
2. In fact, how many bills have they passed since 2011?
3. Why has the petroleum industry bill not been passed?
4. Why have they not voted a pay cut for themselves?
5. You 've forgotten his relationship with the disgraced Bankole?

Oh! Sorry! I forgot! Hound dogs are only good for whining and crying:
Cryin all the time.
Cryin all the time.
Well, you aint never caught a rabbit

Now run along, and go play with your squeaky toy.
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by UCyril: 5:05pm On Jun 19, 2013
D formidable force will difinetly be our great leader Goodluck jonathan,2015 GJE must win.whether d divil like it or not.dancing makosaaaaa lol

1 Like

Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by ojubi(m): 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2013
The last time I checked Tambuwal is the number 4 in the current team and he has not done anything spectacular to improve Nigeria is it until he or another Northerner become president that nigeria will change to Dubai over night? Gosh politicians disgust me, they talk as if once they become president it will take 7 days to change this country.

2 Likes

Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by teskyg: 7:01pm On Jun 19, 2013
What has Tambuwal achieved?Where is sokoto in the map of development in Nigeria?What project has he launched in sokoto state?

We shout Fashola,fashola,and Lagos is still lacking basic Infrastructures.I lived in Lagos and the same Fashola has not been able to fix the traffic problem ,flood and bad roads and yet some of us want him as the next president.How can he fix Nigeria?
Re: ‘formidable Team’ Will Rescue Nigeria In 2015, Says Tambuwal by skyfall: 12:04am On Jun 20, 2013

Stop wasting your time on these stupid prayers. It doesn't work that way.

If they're all thieves, tell your father to go and contest now.

@OP
Unlike most PDP officials, Tambuwwal appears to be a force for good.

(1) (Reply)

Nearly 400 Islamic Fighters Killed In Last Three Days In Car-france / Young Muslim Faces Death Penalty For Criticising Mohammed / Gov. Fayose Sacks Aides Attached To House of Assembly Speaker, Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.