Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,163 members, 7,821,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Help! Uploading Pictures - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help! Uploading Pictures (1300 Views)

How To Prevent Uploading Of Adult Images To Your Website Using PHP And Angularjs / Help With Image Uploading To Mysql Database + Like System / Simple Php Quiz: Why Will This Code Not Work If You Are Uploading Files? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Uploading Pictures by Blaise(f): 2:46pm On May 09, 2008
I have been told to develop a software that would enable users to upload and view the contents of a database. I have succeeded in the viewing aspect of the software but I’m having problem implementing the uploading of pictures in the software.

How can uploading of pictures be implemented using PHP and MySQL and what data type can contain pictures?
Re: Help! Uploading Pictures by uspry1(f): 3:09pm On May 09, 2008
What wrong with using GOOGLE.COM to find free PHP/MySQL script how to upload pictures to MySQL database server? Just type "upload picture to a MySQL database via PHP" on google.

There are lot of PHP/MySQL upload file reusable scriptings out there for FREE!!! cool cool cool cool
Re: Help! Uploading Pictures by kheme(m): 10:08pm On May 13, 2008
data type should be BLOB - binary long object for the mysql database. the last poster was right, you can get scripts from the internet explaining how to do this with php. but i think i can work something out, you'll have to test it though. i hope you're quite good in php? cos i have little time to write this now cos i'm off to bed (or something like that)

on the other hand, i'll explain this later. no time now.

expect a reply from me,
Re: Help! Uploading Pictures by aphoe(m): 8:56am On May 14, 2008
i dont upload files directly to MySQL database. i create a folder in the webserver and upload my files there. then i store the path of the file in the database.

u can upload any kind of file with php. just go to google.com and check for file upload scripts
Re: Help! Uploading Pictures by kheme(m): 7:17am On May 22, 2008
well, aphoe is also right. you can either upload the image into the database directly, or to a folder on the server and then save the path to the image into the database. as for aphoe suggestion, i can help you with the scripts to do that. what's your level of PHP? what kind of software is it, web/internet application or desktop application?
Re: Help! Uploading Pictures by Blaise(f): 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2008
i'm actually a beginner the in language and the software is a web based application
Re: Help! Uploading Pictures by kheme(m): 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2008
so how far so far?
Re: Help! Uploading Pictures by Blaise(f): 10:30pm On Jun 27, 2008
i've searched the web, found some codes, tried running them and they all gave me one error or the other. Since i'm not conversant with the way PHP operates, i couldn't debug them.
Re: Help! Uploading Pictures by kheme(m): 12:26pm On Jul 05, 2008
paste the codes here, maybe we can help you debug it!

(1) (Reply)

Android Developers Or Newbie - Lets Meet Here. / JQuery & Friends:.. Q/A / OOP Encourages Artificial Relationships: making namespaces scriptable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.