Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

.......... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / .......... (1954 Views)

A Nairalander Bathing His Baby / Nanny Caught On Camera Slapping A 5-month-old Girl / Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.......... by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: .......... by blank(f): 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
Sorry if this sounds discriminatory but send the nanny away ASAP. Even if the baby did not get while being bathed what if the nanny knowingly infects the baby by cutting herself and the baby just cos she is frustrated? Do a HIV test for the baby immediately and after 6 months. Next time, do HIV, Hepatitis, tuberculosis, herpes test for your nanies before hiring them.
Re: .......... by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
@blank, thank u. she have to go immediately. my sister said tomorow, she will take her to a general hospital so they can give her some drugs before the go finally
Re: .......... by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
u people are just veiwing without comment. na wao
Re: .......... by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2013
missmishel: u people are just veiwing without comment. na wao

People are viewing without comment, because the answer's glaringly obvious. Blank has told you what you should do (which I agree with). What more do you want? Or you just want this thread to grow into 50 pages, saying exactly the same thing?

2 Likes

Re: .......... by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 20, 2013
Siena:

People are viewing without comment, because the answer's glaringly obvious. Blank has told you what you should do (which I agree with). What more do you want? Or you just want this thread to grow into 50 pages, saying exactly the same thing?
i just want to hear from someone who has similar case too.
Re: .......... by Ivynwa(f): 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2013
This story looks to me like something that was made up to check out the reactions of people to it.

If the story is real, I will say that your sister is nice and doing a good thing by supporting the Nanny to get drugs that she needs. I know that some other persons will have gotten angry and mad at the Nanny for not informing them of her health status which is why it is even good for procurement agencies to have such domestic helps run test before employment or even the family request that tests be done before recruiting domestic helps. It wasn't nice that she hid her health condition, she is not even supposed to work as a Nanny. There are other jobs that such a person can do instead of Nanny jobs.

Now to the very important part of it all, it is good that this lady is not made to feel terrible about her health condition by dropping her like hot potato. Your sister is already doing a great job taking her to the hospital. She can go further and show her understanding by explaining well to her that she sympathizes with her condition but that Nanny job isn't perfect for her, that she should hold out for sometime while she helps her find a job. She can keep in contact with her communicating sometimes and you all can search job adverts like the ones here in nairaland. You may succeed in helping her get something else to do, this may go a long way in not making her feel like the world hates her now that she has HIV. We all are the world Ojare. A little compassion here, a little understanding goes a long way in making the world a better place for others and us all.
Re: .......... by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2013
the write up is very real. according to her, she wants to help the lady to get some treatment before she let her go. although the husband want her to go immediately. my concern is the baby, but if it me, i would let her go immediately. the baby is negative. but the doctor told her to stop the nanny from bathing her. if u've seen where a baby get Hiv through this, pls come and enlighten me. thank u
Re: .......... by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2013
IDK on one hand, if the nanny can keep everything under control, then she has a right to stay. Other hand babies have NO immune system. Just a sneeze from a regular person can get them very sick, not to think of haphazard fluid exchange from someone who will watch them day and out in an intimate way. I wouldn't because my baby's life means more to me than a nanny. But to each his own.
Re: .......... by tishat(f): 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2013
Well the only reason you have to send the nanny away is trust issues,you never know wat she is doing behind,if not she is cool with her treatment.
Re: .......... by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2013
Left to me, I wouldn't take any chances. Yes, it may come across as discriminatory, but when it comes to the welfare of my children, I would do everything in my power to protect them.

She would have to go, it's that simple.
Re: .......... by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2013
I don't take chances with my kids,discriminatory or not,the nanny leaves.
Re: .......... by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 23, 2013
No, the baby cannot contract HIV from getting bath from the nanny. Exchange of bodily fluids with a person who is infected is how the disease is contracted, directly like getting the infected blood in a wound you may have or indirectly by say using hospital instruments that were contaminated with HIV and not properly sterilized. That being said you have to be cautious in a case like this because a wicked person could purposely infect the baby or even accidentally say after being cut on a broken plate where both the nanny and child were cut and blood exchange happens on accident. If you want to be of help to this woman maybe you can hire her in a different compactly or help her find employment elsewhere that doesn't involve children. It would be good for the parents and nanny to take a course on HIV and about transmission and the ways to lower the risk.

(1) (Reply)

10 Compliments Your Husband Needs To Hear / 24-yr-old Man Impregnates Sister In Calabar. / Birth Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.