Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,126 members, 7,818,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby (12842 Views)

Housewife Snatched By LG Boss Dies Mysteriously After Childbirth (pic) / Photo Of A Proud Dad Bathing His New Born Baby Goes Viral On FB / Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Naijaklef: 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2012
Hello NairaLanders,

Please i need your advice! ,  my wife and my new born baby was taken away from the hospital by her mother
simply because i don't allow her to tell me what to do in my home.
I dont always accept her instructions.I don't give her as much money she deserves.

However, she has being telling people that her reason was because i can not take of my wife properly. can u imagine!
This is woman that have stayed with for lyk 2years now and she has never lacked anything. We did not have any issue before leaving the house until she came to hospital and poisened my wife mind and convinced her to go with her.

My Family and elders of the church intervened but they were insulted and asked to leave
My wife isn't helping matters now because she has been brainwashed by her family. Last time i saw my baby was in the hospital which was about 6month ago.

Our marriage preparation was full of demands from her mother. She asked for so many stuff which was given to her without holding back.
All i get in return is to punish me by taken my wife and my child away.

Please, i need your advice,  what can i do?
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by feminineA: 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2012
This is how mothers destroy their children's marriage through their selfish and insensitive behaviour. Been aggressive with her and her daughter might make things worse for you coz from all indication her daughter is till her puppet. If you get to see your wife alone and talk sense into her head without the involvement of the mother I think its better you do if not result to prayers. If you can ignore them for at least a month or two while you settle things in the place of prayer. its your wife that is at the losing end. But make sure you stand your grounds your inlaw shouldn't be given any chance to rule your home. Pray about it all and in all watch and see

1 Like

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Outstrip(f): 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2012
Why did you let her live with you for two years. You caused your problem. Better go get a lawyer and get your child back. I think there might be something wrong with you because I just cannot believe that a man that wants his child can know where the child is and not have the child. Please tell another story
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by ronkebp(f): 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2012
Maybe you really cannot take care of your wife and kid. Which mother would let her daughter or son suffer all in the name of ''marraige'' Moreso there is more to your relationship with your wife, if not i can't imagine your wife, just packing up and leaving just like that.

2 Likes

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by MissyB3(f): 5:35pm On Mar 01, 2012
ronkebp:

Maybe you really cannot take care of your wife and kid. Which mother would let her daughter or son suffer all in the name of ''marraige''
Even if that were the case, it's not reason enough for a mother to meddle in her daughter's marriage and walk her out of it.
If it's that bad, the daughter should be able to make the decision herself. . .
If she lacks the capacity to, then she had no business getting married in the first place.

Poster,
Go over to your MIL's place and get your baby by fire - by force. . .Your wife can remain with her mother if she wants.

3 Likes

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by kokoye(m): 5:38pm On Mar 01, 2012
Ronke,

I'm surprised at you o . . are you telling me you have not seen or heard of such mothers??

And some husbands or wives that will do whatever their parents say??

common now!

na wah.

1 Like

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Naijaklef: 5:47pm On Mar 01, 2012
@outstrip, My wife mother did not stay with me. I meant my wife has lived with me for about two years
@ronkebp, there was NO issue before we left for the hospital.

1 Like

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by kokoye(m): 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2012
^^^

Do you know where they are? go with your family and law enforcement to get you baby by force if necessary

I hope you are in Nigeria

Unfortunately, some mothers will poison the child's heart . . make them believe their father ran away or does not care about them . . sad.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by mission08: 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2012
Pathetic. I dont see any reason why ur MIL should deprive u of ur wife and child. Your wife accepting such behaviour from her mother is not helping the situation. But are u telling the whole story cos I cant understand whu ur wife should agree to this if there was no problem in d marriage. Have u tried talking to ur wife to know what exactly she wants/her expectations from u. I hope she knows what she wants sha or else she might ask u to wait while she asks her mother for an answer cheesy cheesy cheesy. If ur wife didnt report u to her mother, then why is ur MIL claiming u r not taking good care of her?

If u fight for the custody of the child now, can u take care of the baby without the mother?

1 Like

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by kokoye(m): 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2012
I personally know a mother who took her daughter's child and gave her to the child's dad . .they are separated and live in different cities.

The woman said she did it because she wants them her child and the guy to get back together.

Both women are currently not in speaking terms.

The case is in court at the moment.

Now . .that's also a mother.

1 Like

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by ronkebp(f): 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2012
Any good mother with the daughter's interest in mind would want the best for her, and if it is carrying her away from any abusive relationship, then so be it. Really are we going to just hear from the poster alone and conclude that the MIL is bad i personally don't think so, there are so many NLanders that are abusive and would come here and feign good husbands, i still believe that something must have happened for his wife to pack-up and follow the mother.

@ Poster, it is your wife you will talk to, not your MIL. Ask her what you have done to her or how you have offended her??

1 Like

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by ifyalways(f): 8:12pm On Mar 01, 2012
OP,you are very funny!
Your MIL just came out of the blues,took your wife and child away from the hospital for NO rhyme or reason

You are either joking,drunk,lying or all.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by armyofone(m): 8:16pm On Mar 01, 2012
haha abi, mama might have seen how daughter dey suffer for oga house top with beating too who know, na ya story only.

ifyalways:

OP,you are very funny!
Your MIL just came out of the blues,took your wife and child away from the hospital for NO rhyme or reason

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by coogar: 8:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
Naijaklef:

Hello NairaLanders,

Please i need your advice! ,  my wife and my new born baby was taken away from the hospital by her mother
simply because i don't allow her to tell me what to do in my home.
I dont always accept her instructions.I don't give her as much money she deserves.

However, she has being telling people that her reason was because i can not take of my wife properly. can u imagine!
This is woman that have stayed with for lyk 2years now and she has never lacked anything. We did not have any issue before leaving the house until she came to hospital and poisened my wife mind and convinced her to go with her.

My Family and elders of the church intervened but they were insulted and asked to leave
My wife isn't helping matters now because she has been brainwashed by her family. Last time i saw my baby was in the hospital which was about 6month ago.

Our marriage preparation was full of demands from her mother. She asked for so many stuff which was given to her without holding back.
All i get in return is to punish me by taken my wife and my child away.

Please, i need your advice,  what can i do?

i can't believe this. . . .
your mother in law kidnapped your wife and your baby and you are here begging for help?
gather around 50,000 naira - lead a squad of mobile policemen armed to the teeth to the house and retrieve your baby.

lock your mother-in-law up in panti or alagbon for a weekend to know you won't tolerate such nonsense from her.
what has suddenly happened to the average nigerian man?
have you guys traded your balls for a pot of porridge?

no mother in law would try such nonsense with me? my baby? my first child?
biko, heads would roll.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by kokoye(m): 8:56pm On Mar 01, 2012
ronkebp:

Any good mother with the daughter's interest in mind would want the best for her, and if it is carrying her away from any abusive relationship, then so be it. Really are we going to just hear from the poster alone and conclude that the MIL is bad i personally don't think so, there are so many NLanders that are abusive and would come here and feign good husbands (or wives and mothers), i still believe that something must have happened for his wife to pack-up and follow the mother.

We can only analyse on the information the poster has provided, unfortunately.

If the wife or MIL came online and gave their side of the story, I would be analyzing form that part as well.

1 Like

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Naijaklef: 7:45am On Mar 02, 2012
ifyalways:

OP,you are very funny!

U nid to understand that when MIL are frustrated becos u don't take instructions from her on how to run your family then
They go extra mile to retaliate. Her reason was dat neighter me nor my family could take care of my wife after delivery.

I have lived peacfully with my wife. I took her to the hospital for delivery. I had sleepless night in the hospital. She showed up and problem started.

1 Like

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by ifyalways(f): 8:29am On Mar 02, 2012
Naijaklef:

U nid to understand that when MIL are frustrated becos u don't take instructions from her on how to run your family then
They go extra mile to retaliate. Her reason was dat neighter me nor my family could take care of my wife after delivery.

I have lived peacfully with my wife. I took her to the hospital for delivery. I had sleepless night in the hospital. She showed up and problem started.
Were you taking instructions from her before now?
Who was the man of the house prior now,you or your MIL?
Ok,giving you the benefit of doubt and moving forward,what are your plans now?to continue moaning online ? Argh,one should expect that by now,if you're as innocent and good as u claim,your MIL should be at one army barracks doing millenium frog jumps,your baby at home with ur wife(you treat ur wife fvck up much later) or you are expecting nlders to help you?

My friend,be and act a man jor!
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by mutter(f): 8:40am On Mar 02, 2012
Question- who paid the hospital bill?
I guess the MIL. How else could she have walked out with her daughter and the baby.
I guess you must be guilty of neglect and abuse.
Elders would not normally be abused and sent away unless something serious went wrong.

It is inhuman to think of separating such a young child from the mother
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Naijaklef: 9:02am On Mar 02, 2012
mutter:

Question- who paid the hospital bill?
I guess the MIL. How else could she have walked out with her daughter and the baby.
I guess you must be guilty of neglect and abuse.
Elders would not normally be abused and sent away unless something serious went wrong.

It is inhuman to think of separating such a young child from the mother

I paid the bills. We had two hospitals for her use.
I'M NOT GUILTY OF ANYTHING. I'm just surprise that my wife behaved that way, my wife was fully aware of her mother's intrusion.

Honestly, the second day she showed up at hospital, she started poisoning my wife's mind against me no reason giving her reasons why she must go with her
to tthe parent's house.

1 Like

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by babyboy3(m): 10:01am On Mar 02, 2012
your mother in law kidnapped your wife and your baby and you are here begging for help?
gather around[b] 50,000 naira - lead a squad of mobile policemen armed to the teeth to the house and retrieve your baby[/b].

lock your mother-in-law up in panti or alagbon for a weekend to know you won't tolerate such nonsense from her.

Oh common! Its not a "Banana Republic" or Gangs of New York"

Sometimes people go into a marriage with their eyes close! I know of 2 guys whose relationship with their girlfriends ended because of the family interference
One broke up because his financee's sisters asked him to buy them pizza and he refused and he heard in the background while speaking on the phone, the sisters tell his fiancee to dump him refering him to a "Pauper" and the other one the ladies mother wanted him buy an outfit the family were going to wear at a family members naming ceremony, but because he didnt they started piliing pressure on the girl to leave the guy, eventually the girl cracked,

10 years on both guys are happily married both ladies are still going from one man to another with childrens

all I could say is that some patterns do develop among family members which people dont take notice off at the early stage it reminds me of the movie YOUR MARRIAGE - OUR WEDDING!!

1 Like

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by teskyg: 10:04am On Mar 02, 2012
@ poster.Report the case at the police and showing all valid documents to prove ur case.Then go with the police,collect ur child and let ur mum look after the child.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Mynd44: 10:05am On Mar 02, 2012
Go get yourself a Lawyer and sue them both. Worst case, you will get a divorce but you will see your child
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Geomac: 10:09am On Mar 02, 2012
@OP, it seems you are too cool. Nobody can try such rubbish with me. I don't need any Police, i will handle it in my own way. I thank God that i have a mother as MIL.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by ushafe(m): 10:12am On Mar 02, 2012
My poster, there many questions for you answer on this issue,
1) what do you do for a leaving? 2) Is she the only girl, or only child or first daughter of her mum, 3) Are you sure the girl really loves you, 4) what was her source of getting money before and after marriage, 5) Is she financial breadwinner of the family? So question you get an answer before marrying anybody.

1 Like

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by victorazy(m): 10:14am On Mar 02, 2012
She never loved her if not she would have made you to change from your bad ways.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Watchit1: 10:38am On Mar 02, 2012
if you OP have nothing incriminating to warrant this MIL behavior and you are very sure. Then be careful if you MIL is not doing something strange to your new baby, may she is into curt or something, as to initiate that child, if you wife could agree so easily without say you have any scruble with your wife before this. men.n.n something must be going on
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by doctokwus: 10:48am On Mar 02, 2012
D poster is not tellin dis forum d truth period.@op is annoying of u to come here wt ur half baked story seekin for counsel.She ddnt lack,u had no issues& d mum came frm d blues& took d child away.I tink u ar d one bein catered for by her family& u av bn abusive to ur wife& d mum has simply sed:'to hell wt u,u can't tke care of ur family& u ar assaulting d one whose family provides fud on d table'.I stand to b proved wrong
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 02, 2012
j p
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by texazzpete(m): 10:56am On Mar 02, 2012
coogar:

gather around 50,000 naira - lead a squad of mobile policemen armed to the teeth to the house and retrieve your baby.

what has suddenly happened to the average nigerian man?
have you guys traded your balls for a pot of porridge?

no mother in law would try such nonsense with me? my baby? my first child?
biko, heads would roll.

May God bless you for this wise post. In fact, I would have thrown in a squad of OPC or NURTW workers as the second wave just after MOPOL depart.
No need to start begging, just use 'Shock and awe' to overcome all opposition. Once you seize the baby the mother will come along. grin
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Jemibee: 10:57am On Mar 02, 2012
I agree to some extent with the previous post.

There's some hidden info somewhere and not until u open up, noone would be able to advice you accordingly. Your wife isn't insane, neither is her mom. They can't just choose to walk away from a promising marriage.

That's the pblm many men have. U impose total submission in ur homes where she can't utter a word and she just has to comply with all u say. Definately she'll be waiting for that day she'll have enough energy to say to hell with u. That's why when u claim nothg was wrong when leaving ur home, i want u to know it's a planned thing. They didn't just think of it at the hospital.

1 Like

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by strangest(m): 11:05am On Mar 02, 2012
Well, i ve seen such case before mostly from illiterate mothers, use the court to get your baby and leave her with her mother anew get another wife after divorcing her
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Lexoria: 11:12am On Mar 02, 2012
To all u guys saying he should go get his child,are u listening to urself?Who said its only his child,the wife also has a right to child too.Who breastfeeds the child when he gets the child,the guy?Even if he goes to court,based on the baby's age,custody will be awarded to the wife.
@OP,pls tell us the truth about this whole story,something is amiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife / Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? / Children Throng The Ventura Mall Ibadan For Children's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.