Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Yoruba Proverbs And Adages - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Proverbs And Adages (4347 Views)

Are The Yorubas The Wisest in terms of Adages/proverbs And Wise-sayings? / ***Nigerian Adages And Their Meanings*** / Your Favourite Yoruba Proverbs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Proverbs And Adages by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
cheesy Yoruba has a very rich & head swelling list of Proverbs & Sayings; that are so beautiful, so packed, delightful, time-honored and original.
.. Back to the matter, Anyway shaa if you like go and ask your Grandma for proverbs *laughs* smiley na you sabi all I know is that you should feel free to SHARE with us . Lets go !

NOTE: Follow my format and incase any proverb isn't clear enough for you just quote & hopefully you should get a response.
--------------------------

*A nje ekuru ki otan, e tun gbon owo re si awo. (Warning Or Scolding)

*Ti baala o ba la, kini baase, fe se. (Saying)

*Ileke ma ja s ile, ileke ma ja si ita ibikan lo ma jasi. (Warning)

*Ounje ti baale ile ki je, Iyawo ile ki se. (Warning)

*Ki a ro aso mo idi, ki aro idi mo aso ki idi sha ti ma shofo ni (Saying)

*Ti sango ba n pa araba, ti o n fa igi iroko ya bi ti igi nla ko (response to a threat)
Re: Yoruba Proverbs And Adages by donwilly3: 3:38am On Jun 20, 2013
i dont understand you

(1) (Reply)

Brief History Of The Okun (yoruba) People Of Kogi State / Ugwu Leaf Is Not A Yoruba Word. They Call It Efo Igbo And It's Not Commonly / Are We Loosing Our Culture To The Yorubas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.