Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Divide And Rule In Africa - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Divide And Rule In Africa (721 Views)

Only Ghanaian Rule Can Save West Africa / ECOWAS Suspends Mali & Demands Restoration Of Democratic Rule / The Lawsuit That Could End The Gangster Rule Of Western Civilization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Divide And Rule In Africa by postemail: 7:16am On Jun 20, 2013
The Perils of Western "Democracy" From Ethiopia to Mali
" Divide and Rule in Africa"

by THOMAS C. MOUNTAIN

Divide and rule is a law of imperialism and
western style “democracy” is how imperialism
implements this law in neocolonial Africa. It’s
called “elections” and with it’s winner take all
diktats division, conflict, ethnic cleansing, mass
murder and civil war are the results. Traditionally in Africa’s villages decisions and
conflict resolution takes place using a consensus
system with no absolute winners and losers, with
all parties agreeing to the final decision and
honor bound to carry it out. Just the opposite of
what happens after “elections” in “democratic Africa”. The dishonor roll of “African Democracy” a.k.a.
bought, rigged or stolen elections must begin
with Ethiopia, where the ethnic minority regime
declared themselves victors 12 hours after the
polls closed with 99.6% of the seats in
parliament. Second place could go to Liberia, where the
capital Monrovia has not had running water or
electricity for the entire term of Eleanor
Johnson’s Presidency, she who ran unopposed
the last “election”, and won a Nobel Prize to
boot. In third place, maybe second place really, stands
Somalia, where there simply was no voting done
by the Somali people, the entire parliament
which “elected” the President was hand picked by
the previous President. Fourth place? Maybe Libya where Al Queda
militias run rampant and it doesn’t really matter
who won the latest “election”, it is all about tribe
and family and ties to the local warlords, sort of
like Somalia really. Fifth place is being reserved for the “victor” of
the Malian “election”, scheduled to be held in the
midst of an ongoing counterinsurgency with
thousands of French troops still occupying the
country. Sixth place goes to Cote D’Ivoire where under the
international communities supervision hundreds
of thousands of non-Ivorians were allowed to
vote (never mind the Ivorian Constitution) and
then declared the World Banks local rep as the
winner (again, never mind the Ivorian Constitutional Court who declared the
incumbent President the winner). And when the
incumbent wouldn’t cede power as demanded,
rocket his Presidential residence courtesy of the
French military and UN “peacekeepers” until
shellshocked into surrender. Nigeria, Chad, Niger, Burundi, Congo, Central
African Republic…insurgencies and rebellions
everywhere and the foremost demand of Pax
Americana and its western vassals is “elections”. Of course there is one country in Africa that
doesn’t have elections. It is also the African
country with the smallest debt to the IMF and
World Bank and one of if not the fastest growing
economies on the continent. According to a nearly opaque World Bank report
this country has tripled its GDP since expelling
western aid organizations in 2004 and the UN
“peacekeepers” in 2005. Can one even name
another country in the world that expelled an
entire UN “peacekeeping” army? I am talking about Eritrea, 22 years independent
and no elections. And you know what? When I
raise the question of “elections” with my Eritrean
family and friends, both at home and abroad, (I
am the only one who raises this, I cant remember
the last time an Eritrean I knew did so) they have little or no interest in the subject. If I persist, the Eritreans will tell you that the
thought of “elections” only brings with it visions
of divisions and conflict. Most everyone here in
Eritrea supports the President and the feeling is
pretty clear we don’t need westerners telling us
what’s best. In other words the only people calling for
“elections” in Eritrea are not Eritrean. Democracy is supposed to mean that the leaders
of a nation do what their people want. Most Africans will tell you what we most want is
food, water, shelter, medical care and education
for our children. If a country’s leaders are providing these basic human rights to their people they are doing what
their people want and practicing democracy. If
they are not, if their people are hungry, cold, sick
and illiterate then these leaders are not democratic no matter how many times they hold “elections”. Democracy vs elections is how matters stand inAfrica today, and it all boils down to who is cold, sick, hungry and illiterate and who has leaders taking care of their people, first and foremost, those most in need. Elections in Africa means divide and rule,followed by crisis management, managing the western created crisis to better loot and plunder
Africa’s resources, everyday more critical in a
world ever more rapidly devouring such.

Thomas C. Mountain is the most widely distributed independent journalist in Africa,
living and reporting from Eritrea

www.counterpunch.org/2013/06/18/divide-and-rule-in-africa/
Re: Divide And Rule In Africa by igbo2011(m): 7:50pm On Jun 20, 2013
Same ol imperialism
Re: Divide And Rule In Africa by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
igbo2011: Same ol imperialism

IGBO11: Have demonstrated times without number his love for the motherland. He even demonstrated this by creating a Facebook group page to this progressive effect. Brother, I understand you are economically and historically inclined. You have the potential to become one of the greatest Economists and Historian that ever lived. You have the mind, the heart, the soul and the being to be one. You love the Motherland and can inspire the present generation and the beautiful ones that are yet to be born. Your economic initiative is the Future. But how can we get there? We have to bridge the past with the future. To create a balance and uphold basic Value system that is particularly plaguing Mama Africa and the world at large. Do not dwell on trying to prove to naysayers concerning Africa’s civilization. Albert Einstein proved that with his Theory of relativity. I have been to Egypt a number of times. World Civilization started in Africa and will end in Africa if evil perpetrators don’t approach issues with good intentions toward the Motherland. In one occasion, I stayed in a place owned by an Ancient Egyptian (dark in complexion). I understand Economics and History go hand in hand. Native populations all over the world understood this before there was anything like “Country or Nation”. Systematic education cannot teach you this. Only research and humbly living amongst native people can make one understand this. I don’t know the university you attend or where it is located. Bro, you have the right policy, just understand the Subject matter, don’t get stuck up with those ‘isms’. They are Social, Economic and Historic and Philosophical Jargons! Use Albert Einstein’s the Theory of Relativity to this effect. Whatever your plans, Goodluck.

I struck the balance. We Africans need to act fast. Feel free to ask whatever you wish to know.

(1) (Reply)

Forty Questions For The HYPOCRITICAL International Media In Gaza / Nairalander Predicted Indonesian Air Crash / ISIS Fighter Executes Own Mother In Syria For 'apostasy,' Rights Groups Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.