Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,851 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

[TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery (3830 Views)

The Differences Between Android Infinix Hot 2 And Tecno Camon C8 / [tut] Tecno L3 Stock ROMDUMP + How To Restore Mtkdevices ROM Backup / [tut]clock Work Recovery Port For Tecno L3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by fashrola(m): 8:20am On Jun 20, 2013
I was kinda bored at home and I wanted to try ma hands on some few science projects, so a great idea flashed into my mind, Eureka!!! Then I had to get things started immediately before it elopes... I have this Low budget Android phone aka Infinix Buzz X260, the battery life is poo when browsing heavily on 3G and using other apps, so I had to put an end to it by hacking it lol....I have dis Nokia Torchlight which I abandoned few months ago, so I had to search for it, dusted it and removed the battery and behold a 800mah though discouraging but since Nokia Company is known for producing good phones with a reliable battery life, I had that confidence that its gonna be better than the "carry-come" infinix battery.... Ok to cut the story short below are the steps to make one

Ingredients

1. Nokia Battery (3 Terminals) e.g the Nokia Torchlight Battery and other Nokia battery with higher rating
2. Pestle or anything to hit that battery so it could enter the phone, cos the battery was a lil longer than the phone, alternatively other batteries might be shorter and it may need "packing"
3 Infinix Buzz Android Phone X260 or other android fones like Tecno (Though I've not laid my hands on other fones but is worth a trial)
4. Careful ness

Steps

1. Remove the plastic bottom of the battery (Usually black, and for those whose battery are longer than the fone)
2. Use a pestle or any heavy wooden stuff, I won't like you to use a metal on a battery cos of a chemical reaction that is involved, it might cos explosion
3. Be careful while hitting the bottom of the battery with pestle, while hitting it a lil bit try and fix it on your phone to know if is perfectly fitted.
4. Since its not the real battery of the fone, make sure the terminals of the battery fits perfectly to the pin of the fone or it won't boot.
5. Put on the fone
6. That's all!!!

Note: You might use higher Battery rating for maximum usage, This battery lasted for good 8hours under heavy usage (3G Browsing, Tweeting, Whatsapping, Music together cos I wanted to test my new hacking skills)

Danger Note: If at all you wanna copy and paste this trick on your blog, website etc always give credit to the owner

Below are the Screenshots:

Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:27am On Jun 20, 2013
the word is hardware modification. or modding.

which one is hacking?

where u might get issues is charging that battery...... shine ya eye
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by fashrola(m): 8:31am On Jun 20, 2013
4llerbuntu: the word is hardware modification. or modding.

which one is hacking?

where u might get issues is charging that battery...... shine ya eye
Thanks for the correction but its charging perfectly, and the battery last longer than the poo battery that came with the fone
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 20, 2013
let those tecno f7 users having battery probs come try this out, lets see if the battery performance would improve.
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by Lstar4real(m): 11:30am On Jun 20, 2013
i hope d phone dnt get hot wen multytaskin n listenin to music or fm .....n wen watchin video n music through loudspeaker?
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by fashrola(m): 11:48am On Jun 20, 2013
Lstar4real: i hope d phone dnt get hot wen multytaskin n listenin to music or fm .....n wen watchin video n music through loudspeaker?
not at all bro....its not hot when multitasking even when browsing on 3G
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by Lstar4real(m): 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2013
okay na thinking of getting d phone though
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by mrdrizzy(m): 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2013
cool nice invention
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by fashrola(m): 6:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
mr.drizzy:
cool nice invention
ya thx bro.....at least it can save the tecno, infinix users who r having battery issues lately
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by fashrola(m): 7:29am On Aug 19, 2013
Ya u can still use other battery with higher rating......as far as the there have 3 TERMINALS
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by Olamyyde(m): 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2013
Charging issues has always been the problem with this tutorial
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by fashrola(m): 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
Olamyyde: Charging issues has always been the problem with this tutorial
are u serious? Cos i dont have any issue when charging my own
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by Olamyyde(m): 2:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
fashrola: are u serious? Cos i dont have any issue when charging my own
I have been using 2 nokia batteries on my n3 for 3 months now and it has never charged it. I think it varies with the phone chargers
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by Genuflect(m): 7:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
Dopeeee!
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by aieromon(m): 9:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
Genuflect: Dopeeee!

angry angry angry
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by fashrola(m): 10:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
Olamyyde:
I have been using 2 nokia batteries on my n3 for 3 months now and it has never charged it. I think it varies with the phone chargers
Mine do charge till I get "Battery full" notification, if yours does not charge maybe its because of ur fone, Mine is Infinix not Tecno
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by Chrisbam(m): 11:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
fashrola: I was kinda bored at home and I wanted to try ma hands on some few science projects, so a great idea flashed into my mind, Eureka!!! Then I had to get things started immediately before it elopes... I have this Low budget Android phone aka Infinix Buzz X260, the battery life is poo when browsing heavily on 3G and using other apps, so I had to put an end to it by hacking it lol....I have dis Nokia Torchlight which I abandoned few months ago, so I had to search for it, dusted it and removed the battery and behold a 800mah though discouraging but since Nokia Company is known for producing good phones with a reliable battery life, I had that confidence that its gonna be better than the "carry-come" infinix battery.... Ok to cut the story short below are the steps to make one

Ingredients

1. Nokia Battery (3 Terminals) e.g the Nokia Torchlight Battery and other Nokia battery with higher rating
2. Pestle or anything to hit that battery so it could enter the phone, cos the battery was a lil longer than the phone, alternatively other batteries might be shorter and it may need "packing"
3 Infinix Buzz Android Phone X260 or other android fones like Tecno (Though I've not laid my hands on other fones but is worth a trial)
4. Careful ness

Steps

1. Remove the plastic bottom of the battery (Usually black, and for those whose battery are longer than the fone)
2. Use a pestle or any heavy wooden stuff, I won't like you to use a metal on a battery cos of a chemical reaction that is involved, it might cos explosion
3. Be careful while hitting the bottom of the battery with pestle, while hitting it a lil bit try and fix it on your phone to know if is perfectly fitted.
4. Since its not the real battery of the fone, make sure the terminals of the battery fits perfectly to the pin of the fone or it won't boot.
5. Put on the fone
6. That's all!!!

Note: You might use higher Battery rating for maximum usage, This battery lasted for good 8hours under heavy usage (3G Browsing, Tweeting, Whatsapping, Music together cos I wanted to test my new hacking skills)

Danger Note: If at all you wanna copy and paste this trick on your blog, website etc always give credit to the owner

Below are the Screenshots:

800mAh battery lasting 8hours on heavy usage wit 3g....dude, that's a joke.....I strongly disagree wit ur 'Eureka'
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by adetad: 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
Pls i am looking for some serious hacking.

I have bricked my infinix buzz x260 and am stuck in a bootloop which ends up in recovery mode.
Problem started thus:
I rooted my buzz, got root access and explored alot.
Then i went to my rom and converted some core system applications from system to user applications (systemui.apk and launcher.apk) after that, when i reboot, i dont see my notification tab: i.e the pull down tab, and i could no longer access my home screen. I got past the home screen problem by downloading golauncher.apk. Now in the feat to fix the notification, i fixed permission to system folder from rw rw rw to rw r r coded 644, then the phone finally locked me out. I am thru with all help online and nothing worked. But the last thing am yet to try is loading a rom backup, and i have been stuck in a bootloop for a week now. I have tried all adb tools online, sp-flash-tool, aet etc nothing works as i no longer have access to adb shell, which makes my phone as good as not rooted... embarassed cry[color=#990000][/color]
I would like any user to do a rom backup and help me out of this dilema, hoping loading it in recovery mode would solve my problem.
I would be glad to hear from anyone who can help do the backup and mail me the link to : ainojie@gmail.com

Pls dont direct me to a carl care center cos the closest to where i am currently would cost alot, so just help here cos this is the farthest i could go now.

Best Regards.
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by fashrola(m): 8:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
Chrisbam:

800mAh battery lasting 8hours on heavy usage wit 3g....dude, that's a joke.....I strongly disagree wit ur 'Eureka'
Dude why would I lie? Abi I wan sell the idea? 8Hrs + with 3G, I was only browsing and "Whatsapping" my screen brightness was reduced drastically, I also used "Greenify" to Hibernate some apps consuming power...So that was the trick I used to achieve such feat....
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by Genuflect(m): 1:58am On Oct 15, 2013
aieromon:

angry angry angry

Aieromon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by Jaybaba(m): 8:57am On Oct 29, 2013
Will this really work? Boot, charge and last as long as the battery mentioned here does?
Plus, I have issues with this phone's touch screen. A constant headache.
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by fashrola(m): 11:21am On Oct 29, 2013
Jaybaba: Will this really work? Boot, charge and last as long as the battery mentioned here does?
Plus, I have issues with this phone's touch screen. A constant headache.
Sure as long as your Nokia battery is ok, but I'll advise you to go for Nokia battery that has higher rating like Asha Versions
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by Genuflect(m): 9:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
Abeg how una dey take sheck mail ooooo. E don tey wey I enter nairaland
Re: [TUT] Modding Your Android Infinix X260 Battery by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
Fashrola, Please tell me how you solved the low memory problem of your Infinix Buzz. I have partitioned my SD card and link my apps to the SD only for the apps to be transfered to the phone memory thereby reducing the memory. Please help. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Innjoo Halo In A Mulitasking, Battery & Heat Test / GIONEE P5 Or M3? Which Should I Go For? / Is Glo shutting down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.